NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 5 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many days (besides forever) has she been on the stand?

She kicked off Day 5, today is Day 12....so 8.
(With an hour for the FBI agents to testify yesterday)

ETA- I originally said 7...was just adding, lol.

You are way better than me an wanting to relisten to this!

I missed the first few days so I have been watching them at night. Figure I might as well go through stuff I watched but maybe was not paying attention to as well as I should have been :blushing:.

:tyou: for the updates today Zoey!
Our very own stenographer :loveyou:

I missed the first few days so I have been watching them at night. Figure I might as well go through stuff I watched but maybe was not paying attention to as well as I should have been :blushing:.

:tyou: for the updates today Zoey!
Our very own stenographer :loveyou:

I need to see the opening statements, I can't even remember if I saw them on Day 1 or not, I don't have any memory of each side's view of what was to come. Egads, maybe I've entered Kat's Kryptonite Memory Krypt!

I think she really resents Barth for not being her attorney!!!

She sure does...she probably felt like if he is helping Seth surely he will help me. Not smart enough to see what was going down and get her own attorney. This is one manipulative but really in practical matters...stupid girl.

I need to see the opening statements, I can't even remember if I saw them on Day 1 or not, I don't have any memory of each side's view of what was to come. Egads, maybe I've entered Kat's Kryptonite Memory Krypt!

You and me, geev -- even my hair hurts....

Tomorrow, sports fans!! :seeya:

She sure does...she probably felt like if he is helping Seth surely he will help me. Not smart enough to see what was going down and get her own attorney. This is one manipulative but really in practical matters...stupid girl.

Agreed, turaj -- her feet (and all the rest of her) are on some other planet....

I went back to watch previous testimony (Roberta Gerkin etc...)
I must say that this whole trial has to be extremely weird and awful for Liz's family. This group of people (SM, RG,KM and I'm sure many more) are a strange bunch imo.

you know I just listened to that last part of the end of cross where she just goes off not in response to a question...and I simply do not understand how a judge could sit there and not stop her. I just don't get it. Yes he came back and struck it from the record but the jury heard her and you can never change it. Judge seems nice enough but I have to wonder about his experience in a trial like this?

My thoughts exactly, angiefly!! I've seen a lot of weird trials, witnesses, alibis, excuses, etc., etc. etc., but never this. I feel like I'm on a different planet or under the influence of some weird-azz drug.

Curiouser & curiouser, Alice. The Queen of Hearts and the Cheshire Cat are up there & they're on a bad, moldy batch of 1969 LSD, Imo.

The more kat vomits out the more I think the defense may be setting up to call seth to the stand.

kat lies about everything. She can't even admit that she knows full well what a harness looks like.

I do want Seth on the stand. It may (or may not) clear up a bunch of Kat's nonsense.

Moo

Mel

you know I just listened to that last part of the end of cross where she just goes off not in response to a question...and I simply do not understand how a judge could sit there and not stop her. I just don't get it. Yes he came back and struck it from the record but the jury heard her and you can never change it. Judge seems nice enough but I have to wonder about his experience in a trial like this?

I kept yelling at my computer (trying to get Barths attention) to shut her down :blushing:~~no one heard:blushing: but I tried!

I'm really surprised there isn't more objecting when she goes off on tangents, Barth asked her a few times if his question confused her because she didn't answer it but said a whole bunch of other stuff and he reasked, seems to me he should be asking to judge to instruct the witness to answer the question and knock off the narration that has nothing to do with the question.

Yes or No?! heh heh

I'm really surprised there isn't more objecting when she goes off on tangents, Barth asked her a few times if his question confused her because she didn't answer it but said a whole bunch of other stuff and he reasked, seems to me he should be asking to judge to instruct the witness to answer the question and knock off the narration that has nothing to do with the question.

Yes or No?! heh heh

Well as I think about it guess it would be the attorney to ask the judge but in this case I think Barth was loving it...I don't know if judge's just step in with something like this...I found it very strange as so much of this case.

as I do often when I get "into" a case I start asking questions about where did these people come from...who is their family? In Kat's case it seems a nice family owning a pottery gallery in a town in Portsmouth who did try to go and get their daughter out of the apartment where she moved in with Seth before she graduated. They knew he was trouble...big trouble but he had her brainwashed and would not let them in. The situation escalated into a shouting match and neighbors called the police. This can happen to any well meaning parent if your daughter or son decides that they have found someone they want to spend their time with. I feel for them...then they have to bail her out of jail...probably spend their life savings to get her lawyers and now have to listen to this from her on the stand all the time wondering what went so terribly wrong. Very sad....and to be honest I am not sure that if they both were out she would not take right up with him again. She still seems to speak very very fondly of him.

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee · 1m
In BDSM bruises are considered merit. Kat got bruises by being hit with a belt by #SethMazzaglia

What??? I don't think so. I am fairly certain the point is not to injure-if you are considering something to be a true master/slave relationship there is nothing in it that permits injury. That is part of the trust that permits the relationship-it isn't about fear but about safety. You submit yourself completely and you will be taken care of completely.

I knew a fetish model once who was a submissive. I spent quite some time discussing the whole culture with her and her master/husband as well as with other practitioners. Whatever Kat and Seth had going on was something different from "legitimate" BDSM. What they had going on sounds much more like sexual sadism.

My thoughts exactly, angiefly!! I've seen a lot of weird trials, witnesses, alibis, excuses, etc., etc. etc., but never this. I feel like I'm on a different planet or under the influence of some weird-azz drug.

Curiouser & curiouser, Alice. The Queen of Hearts and the Cheshire Cat are up there & they're on a bad, moldy batch of 1969 LSD, Imo.

Not the brown acid! - YouTube

The AM crowd was small but the afternoon was fairly large. We were able to sit 2 rows behind Seth. (I wanted to sit there to get a feeling what his lawyers were doing, acting towards him and to watch him).

There are some reporters but I have a feeling that WMUR is representing ABC, there was someone there from either 48 hours or one of those shows but he said the topic was a bit risky for even primetime TV :floorlaugh: and the rest of them didn't have anything to identify them.

Behind the Pro's were family members and friends of the family.

What I found interesting is the way she is acting when not on the stand. The jury doesn't see this because they are brought in from behind the court. We saw it every time she came in from breaks.

There is no doubt in my mind, she was the controlling one in that relationship. When I first started this thread I explained that I had met Seth a few times over the years. I also have a very good friend who was in a romantic role with him for a local play. She won't talk about it however she finds it hard to believe that Seth could harm anyone. She was probably in 4 or 5 plays with him either directly interacting with him, having a role in the same play or directing him in one. He was also in the UNH Theater program with 2 of my former employees. The live in Seattle now but they also find it hard to see him harming anyone. They hung out with him often. I have often found that artist are quirky and odd (in a good way) and Seth was no different than those that he hung out with.

I just want to say that no matter what role he played in Lizzie's death, he needs to pay for it....I am afraid that he will get nothing....

I am very angry about Kat's deal as are many other people..I hope that the State pulls the rug out from under her. This woman is very dangerous and evil.

IDK, Littleone, and I love your detailed description above, btw, (smile), but I can;t see Seth not getting at least 25 years for this. He is in trouble, and now the question is, do we take out a pair of BDSM birds ,,, or just one.

Borndem and Nymeria you all are crackin me up lol! I needed a good laugh so thank you for that :)
Good to know that I'm not the only one who feels like I've fallen down a rabbit hole :p

Borndem and Nymeria you all are crackin me up lol! I needed a good laugh so thank you for that :)
Good to know that I'm not the only one who feels like I've fallen down a rabbit hole :p

I think we all did~~ I know I've heard today's testimony over and over~~ yet there I was waiting for Something~~anything but got nothing new :banghead:

IIRC this is his first murder trial. Here in NH we have not had many of them especially in our county.

I was shocked that he allowed the 2 lawyers to argue like that in front of the jury instead of calling them to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat