NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 5 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so we're going to give you this transcript but DON'T read it.........lol

yeah okay

Kat went back to the Public Defender's office on the 17th.. and sat down with the investigator.. as they looked at the summary of the investigator's notes... the report produced after she'd met with Kat on the 15th. It was video and audiotaped. Atty Barth is providing the jury with a written transcript. The state and judge have concerns about them having the document... the exception here is expedience. So they don't have to keep stopping the tape to clarify what's going on... he figures they're saving half a day by providing a document. His concern is they can't read along.. he's trusting them not to... Barth can draw attention to specific places on the documents... they do have permission to look at the lines or sentence that he references.

by Jen Crompton/WMUR 11:16 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/State_vs_Mazzaglia?Page=22#ixzz34M86S4dq
-----

Its not a transcript, its a report by a third party.

by Jen Crompton/WMUR 11:17 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/State_vs_Mazzaglia?Page=22#ixzz34M8AoGDK

KM isn't on trial. If I were on the jury, I'd be all, "meh, whatever, sounds like she's lied so many times that she can barely remember exactly what did happen when," about KM, but I would be absolutely certain, beyond a reasonable doubt, that SM caused LM's death, and that he's a dangerous psychopath who shouldn't see the light of day. KM doesn't come off very well, but it wouldn't sway my view to "not guilty" for SM.

I agree that Seth is in no way innocent. I do believe he murdered Lizzi, I'm just unsure what Kat's true involvement was and how much she knew about what was going to happen. I'm not sure the entire thing wasn't well planned, including the murder.

they are good at hiding themselves on social media--they goofed with one of their friends -- thus I got the twitter names!

were we separated at birth?:floorlaugh:

start the video already people

they are good at hiding themselves on social media--they goofed with one of their friends -- thus I got the twitter names!

zoey you crack me up and I don't blame you one bit :floorlaugh:

Gosh, I don't find Kat as unlikeable/unreliable as so many of you seem to. She was encouraged to leave her home by a man in his thirties when she was just 18 or 19 years old (did he actually wait until she was "legal" to sleep with her? Seems doubtful to me.) His father took her to his son's lawyer, who did not have her interests at heart. She obviously had very little understanding of whose interests were being represented by whom and still believed that she and SM were on the same team. I think she was very naive and getting very poor advice.

She does not seem like a murderess/genius/mastermind/dominatrix to me. It seems pretty unlikely that at her age, she came up with all the sexual activities that she and SM were engaged in and it seems pretty likely to me that he was in the position of teacher. At a minimum, his letter from jail about her "options" seems like the writing of a man still trying to control a woman/girl from the confines of his jail cell.

I am not defending the horrible, horrible things she did, but I just don't see her as the dominant one in a relationship where she was barely out of her teens and she was with a man over the age of 30. I do believe he "guided" her in many aspects of her life, including her occupational aspirations (EMT training) and her decision to live with him and many of her actions after the murder.

I don't entirely disagree with you. I also have thought this was a much older man manipulating a much younger girl.

However, I do think she had more of a part in it all than she has admitted to.

I am thinking he may not be convicted. :sigh:

I wouldn't say she's a "dominant" person but she is definitely a leader. She's sophisticated for her age. She's a natural leader, her friends looked up to her and she's very bright. I was stunned to hear in the taped conversation that she had researched getting married to Seth and advised him how to request the needed paperwork.

I found it pretty believable when she said that she was tired of describing their relationship as "girlfriend-boyfriend" because it felt so much more substantial to her than that. If you've ever been the "girlfriend" when someone you love has a life-threatening illness or is in a serious accident, and you go to the hospital and everyone brushes you aside, you realize very quickly that you are afforded a totally different status than "wife" even though you feel your relationship is just as important.

Again, I don't mean to make it sound like I am defending her -- I most decidedly am not and obviously there were many things that were "not right" about a lot of her psyche -- but a lot of things she is saying seem more sensical than the defense would have the jury believe.

I don't entirely disagree with you. I also have thought this was a much older man manipulating a much younger girl.

However, I do think she had more of a part in it all than she has admitted to.

I am thinking he may not be convicted. :sigh:

I'm starting to agree with you -- I'm thinking either hung or walk

Was that really an instruction from the bench? Then why give it?

yep, that's what he said :floorlaugh:

but whenever barth announces a bookmark they can flip to that section for context........

i'd read the whole dang thing:floorlaugh:

Is it just me? Or does she look really different in the video? Her mouth looks so different to me.

Kat: Dad was abusive for a couple of years...Kat thinks she was about 12 yo...and he stopped when she was about 14 yo when she threatened to call the cops.

Is it just me? Or does she look really different in the video? Her mouth looks so different to me.

Not just you. I think she looks younger and a little slimmer (not that she looks big)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877