NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 5 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed Roberta's testimony, so I went back and watched it last night. I have to say, she was a good witness even though I thought she was kind of an odd duck. She sure seemed to enjoy sparring with Barth, and he seemed to enjoy sparring with her. My overall impression was that she does seem to think Seth did it. She seemed very protective of Kat. :dunno: This is such a strange case. :waitasec:

Hi Softall. I was just trying to find her testimony too. I cannot understand how someone gets invited over to a friend's house, sees a dead body and doesn't call 911. Did she have a clue why she was invited over? I was under the impression from what I have read that Roberta was a friend of Seth's, that she believed the plastic bags were what strangled her and Kat admitted to putting the bags on her head. Right? I am confused.

Hi Softall. I was just trying to find her testimony too. I cannot understand how someone gets invited over to a friend's house, sees a dead body and doesn't call 911. Did she have a clue why she was invited over? I was under the impression from what I have read that Roberta was a friend of Seth's, that she believed the plastic bags were what strangled her and Kat admitted to putting the bags on her head. Right? I am confused.

:no: Nope. She had no idea why they wanted her to come over. In fact, she stated that she thought it had something to do with Kat's dad or family situation.

Was there an approximate length of trial given to the jurors? My guess is this is going way longer than the court expected. That said...this is one of those trials that could end abruptly for sure. I doubt Barth will be putting up extensive witnesses given that he really used Kat as his star witness. But you never know. It is getting into summer and vacation time and I'm sure that jury is really fatigued after this week. I feel that Seth had an equal if not greater role in the murder but at this point the state has not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt to me....and that is a big problem. Hope they have something good coming up next.

I think one of the biggest problems that the state has in proving their case against SM is that they are taking KM's word as the truth. What real proof does anyone have that things went down the way anyone has said so far? Poker games, sex games, bondage, ice tea, how the victim died and how she was disposed of is all speculations of a known and admitted liar.

Maybe they should wrap the four of them in duct tape, bring them down to that rock on the island and tell them either they spill the truth or they will be dumped in to retrieve her body! Maybe that would get some answers.

you know I just listened to that last part of the end of cross where she just goes off not in response to a question...and I simply do not understand how a judge could sit there and not stop her. I just don't get it. Yes he came back and struck it from the record but the jury heard her and you can never change it. Judge seems nice enough but I have to wonder about his experience in a trial like this?

IIRC, that is incorrect. He did not strike her rant. He struck where she said the story she gave the defense was ridiculous.

I don't remember the last question....does anybody here?

Just before the break, the state was making the point that, despite having lived with Seth for nine months and being very sexually active, and talking about BDSM, she had never been tied up like the drawing she made for the defense team, never mind had her mouth sealed with duct tape as she'd told them Lizzi had been. And that on the two occasions women had come over and been involved, no bondage had occurred. HIs last question to Kat... "The story you gave the defense team was ridiculous wasn’t it?" Her answer, "yes".

by Jen Crompton/WMUR 9:11 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/State_vs_Mazzaglia#ixzz34Rmnm3J5

as close as I can figure

IIRC, that is incorrect. He did not strike her rant. He struck where she said the story she gave the defense was ridiculous.

Okay...with so much repetition I admit I am tuning out and have this on in the background but when the judge speaks I listen....since the rant was not even responding to a question don't know what you do with that...and frankly whatever is striken is for the record...the jury hears it and it is nonsense that they then forget it...in fact for me I probably would remember it more since the judge called my attention to it and it obviously was noted by him...I probably would not be a good juror!!

They lived in Sawyer Mill Apartments Dover NH...you can google it to get exact address. It is a historic very attractive looking building and I'm certain does not cater to people like these freaks.

Yep I know where they are. Very nice buildings.

Good Morning! Rainy here today. Makes me sleepy. But my flowers could use it.

I really considering streaming while I work out on the elliptical today. I don't want to miss any repeat. And I don't want to miss my usual workout again.

Good Morning! Rainy here today. Makes me sleepy. But my flowers could use it.

I really considering streaming while I work out on the elliptical today. I don't want to miss any repeat. And I don't want to miss my usual workout again.

Ya know, that's a great idea. I can get on my treadmill and still watch the trial, so I guess I'm fresh out of excuses.

Did you guys read about the Calif man that was on trial for burglary? His jury was hung 8-4 for guilt but they were confused and filled out the forms wrong and submitted the not guilty verdict... the judge couldn't take it back because it was already recorded. A couple hrs after the guy was released he was stabbed to death.

5 time felon btw

Did you guys read about the Calif man that was on trial for burglary? His jury was hung 8-4 for guilt but they were confused and filled out the forms wrong and submitted the not guilty verdict... the judge couldn't take it back because it was already recorded. A couple hrs after the guy was released he was stabbed to death.

5 time felon btw

Yes-right as I was signing on. Thought I'd miss read that he got stabbed. Wow!

I thought prisoners were required to wear their standard prison garb when witnesses (they don't have the luxury of being a defendant, like Arias). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

MOO

Mel

she is--that is her prison garb--its actually orange t-shirt (Target's had enough bad press---they don't need any more!)

5 time felon btw

you know that is a drastic story but brings to light a problem that I see as being a real thorn in our justice system. I have not watched too many trials but a recurring theme is how confusing the jury instructions and verdict forms are and I think mistakes happen daily. This is so critical and I simply don't get why juries cannot be presented with clear instructions and verdict forms so they can do their job. Most people watching on line and in person are just as confused and battles rage as to what does this or that mean...this is simply not fair to the victims or people on trial.

I get a lot of entertainment out of speculating and mocking both Kat and Seth but at the end of all of this, many lives are ruined.

Lizzie is gone and may she rest in peace. Her family will never again be able to hug her, kiss her, hold her, tell her they love her. She will never get to live the dream of marine biology that she worked with tenacity to achieve.

Seth and Kat (who despite whatever fate they may both achieve) are imprisoned in the hell of their own souls and choices. Their parents and siblings who watched them with love and dignity and tried to guide them through their life course will forever be left to wonder what they did and the guilt they have must be thick and difficult to live with.

Just some Friday musings.

she is--that is her prison garb--its actually orange t-shirt (Target's had enough bad press---they don't need any more!)

I was wondering about that comment on it being her target uniform. I thought certainly they would stop that. I must say though with the color on my computer it looks just like a target cashier.

5 time felon btw

That is twisted huh? He would have been better off in the slammer...tho someone with a shiv might have done him in. Suppose when it is your time it is your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob