NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 9 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the real world, that doesn't consist of Public Defender Pig Roasts, wouldn't his office of called the police as soon as KM started blabbing and said to them, " hey, you guys better get over here, I got SM's girlfriend confessing to the murder in my office right now"?

I still can't figure out why the police weren't notified of her statement.

Whoever said the def should've just rested, I totally agree.
I'm glad he didn't though.
If the judge denies the mistrial, I wonder if they might be more compelled to put Seth on the stand.
I know, wishful thinking.

they may be desperate but not that desperate. Seth is a mess...shaking non stop and so greasy looking...and I believe he still believes seriously in everything that has been discussed and would resume the same kind of relationship if relationship...Lizzie was just a "bump in the road". That attitude could not be hidden on the stand and Barth may be irritating but not stupid.

In the real world, that doesn't consist of Public Defender Pig Roasts, wouldn't his office of called the police as soon as KM started blabbing and said to them, " hey, you guys better get over here, I got SM's girlfriend confessing to the murder in my office right now"?

I wondered about that too. Wouldn't they have been ethically obligated to do so?

I wanted to personally thank you also. Living in the middle of the country I don't understand why some churches focus so much on going to foreign country's when we need ministry also in the U S.

ITA.... The ministry in New Orleans post Katrina continues to this day. People are still living under the highways after all these years. A huge grant was just given last week for housing...:twocents:

o/t
New Orleans, Jefferson homeless groups awarded nearly $800,000 from HUD
"The grants are dedicated to providing permanent and transitional housing for people who are chronically homeless and in the most need."
http://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2014/06/new_orleans_jefferson_homeless.html

Oh, that's right. I forgot his wife is a Judge.....lol

Do you think that's why this Judge is so deferential to Barth?

Whenever I see Barth I read it as folks have a lisp - as I read :puke:

:floorlaugh:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I tend to doubt the judge is going to allow the rebuttal chart of the comings and goings of defense counsel at the jail, just opens up too big a can of worms. Motion to dismiss will likely be denied and probably no curative instruction to the jury (what could judge tell them?).

Didn't sly ole Barth just introduce this as evidence, I mean right while he was talking about it. He handed a sheet to Hinckley and walked up to the Judge (no may I approach with this guy) and gave him a copy. Did he just have an epiphany last night or maybe it was from eating too much pork?

Seems like the judge is taking a long time.

Didn't sly ole Barth just introduce this as evidence, I mean right while he was talking about it. He handed a sheet to Hinckley and walked up to the Judge (no may I approach with this guy) and gave him a copy. Did he just have an epiphany last night or maybe it was from eating too much pork?

I thought Barth gave prosecution and the judge his motion to dismiss paperwork, since Hinckley mentioned it was late notice and he hadn't seen it yet.

OT, but since we're waiting....I was watching some of the earlier testimony and they introduced a letter that SM sent to KM with the things he wanted her to pack for their get-away. He wanted, among other things, his tarot cards and his "dress vest". I guess the vest is not a new look for him.

I thought Barth gave prosecution and the judge his motion to dismiss paperwork, since Hinckley mentioned it was late notice and he hadn't seen it yet.

That's what I thought as well

OT, but since we're waiting....I was watching some of the earlier testimony and they introduced a letter that SM sent to KM with the things he wanted her to pack for their get-away. He wanted, among other things, his tarot cards and his "dress vest". I guess the vest is not a new look for him.

For Real!?!?!? :floorlaugh:

I wondered about that too. Wouldn't they have been ethically obligated to do so?

I would think by law they would be obligated to do so. Perhaps being married to a judge makes him feel a bit above the law.

For Real!?!?!? :floorlaugh:

Note to self: If on trial by some weird twist of fate, and people who are asked to identify me repeatedly point out a piece of clothing that I am wearing every day that is, let's just say, not standard for the courtroom, it is time to take the hint that the look is probably not really working for me.

Remember earlier when the Prosecution asked for a mistrial? I am wondering if a mistrial is something that would benefit the state and how?

Note to self: If on trial by some weird twist of date, and people who are asked to identify me repeatedly point out a piece of clothing that I am wearing every day that is, let's just say, not standard for the courtroom, it is time to take the hint that the look is probably not really working for me.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I know it! They didn't have to go any further than the vest! The guy with the vest.

The State objected to the defense just now turning this over to the State, at this late date so to speak. The defense throws up motions to dismiss in every trial I have followed and I didn't see the State upset with the lateness of the material being supplied to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps