Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Family members and Kayla Montgomery told police they last saw her around late October 2019. Adam Montgomery was living in a sober house at the time, she said, and then left the area to live in Maine with a third woman, police said. Sometime after that, they got back together. At the time, Kayla Montgomery accused Adam Montgomery of telling her that Harmony Montgomery was given back to her mother in Massachusetts.”

Huh? AM was living in a sober house in October 2019? I thought he was living with family members, KM and their children in the house?

Left the area to go to Maine with a third woman? I’d say good riddance and get a divorce. JMO

Where did AM and KM and their children live from November 2019 (when she returned from Thanksgiving everyone was gone) until March 21, 2021?

Right, where were they living from Nov 2019 through 2020 to when Kayla moved in with her mom -March 2021? I think Adam must have been in a sober house in 2021?? UGH.

The timeline seems sort of hinky as we don't have all the info. I just can't stop focusing on Kayla's twisting tongue.

BUT THIS..............
Family members and Kayla Montgomery told police they last saw her around late October 2019

Kayla told investigators the last time she saw Harmony was around November or December 2019

Kayla told detectives that the day after Thanksgiving 2019 Adam dropped her off at work and said he was going to bring Harmony to her mother, Crystal Sorey, 31, in Devens, Mass. She said she hasn’t seen Harmony since.

Which one is it? Oct? Nov? Exactly the day after Thanksgiving ? Or Dec?
Kayla appears to have a problem with telling the truth, MOO

I think LE has to have some pretty good evidence if they are going to dig. I am north of Manchester but our ground is frozen solid feet deep. I didn't dig up all my potatoes this year and when I went to dig some up last month it was a block of ice. I read a tweet that said they are warming the ground but even with that it is going to be difficult. I don't think they'd do that without really credible evidence.

“Family members and Kayla Montgomery told police they last saw her around late October 2019. Adam Montgomery was living in a sober house at the time, she said, and then left the area to live in Maine with a third woman, police said. Sometime after that, they got back together. At the time, Kayla Montgomery accused Adam Montgomery of telling her that Harmony Montgomery was given back to her mother in Massachusetts.”

Huh? AM was living in a sober house in October 2019? I thought he was living with family members, KM and their children in the house?

Left the area to go to Maine with a third woman? I’d say good riddance and get a divorce. JMO

Where did AM and KM and their children live from November 2019 (when she returned from Thanksgiving everyone was gone) until March 21, 2021?

I think that's a misprint. I think they meant to say October of 2021 is when Adam went into a sober house.

Kayla told investigators she had not physically seen Adam since late October 2021 and had not spoken to him since around mid-November 2021. “Kayla claimed Adam was living in a sober house and had then left the area to live in Maine with another female,” police wrote in an affidavit.
Timeline: What we've learned from the Harmony Montgomery investigation

IMO, the critical dates for this case are Thanksgiving to Dec 6, 2019.

KM's mom said she'd been talking with investigators all week and I believe they came up with this time period together. KM's mom alleges the entire family was at her house on Thanksgiving, and not later than Dec 6, Kayla told her mom the same story AM told investigators and neighbors-- that HM was now back with bio-mom, CS.

Second arrest made in connection with disappearance of missing 7-year-old NH girl

This is so sad… Poor little Harmony. And to think that she could have been in a good, loving home, if so many people had not dropped the ball. My heart just breaks for her, and for what she went through in her short life…

JAN 9, 2022
'We just want her home': Uncle of missing 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery reported abuse (fox13news.com)
KM, of New Port Richey, says his seven-year-old niece Harmony has a smile that always lights up the room.

"She's special and we just want her home and she is loved," KM said.

[...]

KM feels DCYF did little to protect his niece. He previously reported abuse to DCYF telling police about an incident in July 2019 when he noticed Harmony with black eye.

"There's tons of people out there that love her and we fought. There was only little we could do," KM said.

[...]

"Family and children services they failed her from the beginning. I just I don't get it I mean the evidence was just so much," KM said.

[...]

JAN 9, 2022
'We just want her home': Uncle of missing 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery reported abuse (fox13news.com)
KM, of New Port Richey, says his seven-year-old niece Harmony has a smile that always lights up the room.

"She's special and we just want her home and she is loved," KM said.

[...]

KM feels DCYF did little to protect his niece. He previously reported abuse to DCYF telling police about an incident in July 2019 when he noticed Harmony with black eye.

"There's tons of people out there that love her and we fought. There was only little we could do," KM said.

[...]

"Family and children services they failed her from the beginning. I just I don't get it I mean the evidence was just so much," KM said.

[...]

My heart really breaks when they say they just want her home. Unfortunately, I don't think she's going to be found alive. moo jmho.

in line with when Harmony was last seen, Oct 2019 by social services
"The last time anyone reported seeing 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery was Oct. 1, 2019 — more than two years before police say they learned she had disappeared from a home in southern New Hampshire.

Officers saw Harmony that day while responding to a call for service, Manchester Police Chief Allen Aldenberg said Friday"

So the police were at the home while they were squatting without electricity and left the children there.

I would think I would integrate a child into my family if I married her father and had her siblings. I would take care of her and watch her interactions with my own children. Especially if her mother's rights were terminated. I would say "what do you mean you are driving H back to her mom's? She doesn't have custody. We do."
So I think she does know what happened.
MOO

I would think I would integrate a child into my family if I married her father and had her siblings. I would take care of her and watch her interactions with my own children. Especially if her mother's rights were terminated. I would say "what do you mean you are driving H back to her mom's? She doesn't have custody. We do."
So I think she does know what happened.
MOO

I'm the same way, I would integrate as well. But I've heard many stories where the new wife doesn't really care to integrate the child from a previous relationship as well.

Thank you, Bodhi. This clarifies a few things. MOO

From the article:

[...]

Sorey explained that in 2018 she “slipped up” and went into another drug recovery program in Lowell, Mass. Harmony was 4 and her younger brother Jamison, about 18 months old when she was told they would not reunify her with her children. She lost custody of both children to the state of Massachusetts. Both children were placed in foster care. Eight months later, full custody of Harmony was granted to Adam Montgomery, who was married to Kayla Montgomery with whom he had three children. Jamison, who has a different father, became eligible for adoption and was adopted in November of 2019.

Sorey said that when she learned Montgomery had been given custody in February of 2019, she immediately tried to intervene on Harmony’s behalf, questioning the rationale for placing Harmony with her father, who had been in and out of trouble with the law since he was a teenager.

“I told DCYF a million times it was not a good idea. I knew something would happen. Nobody listened to me. I told them this man shouldn’t have her. He’s short-tempered with her. He had a short temper with me. He was very controlling, he was controlling with me and I knew with Harmony being his first-born, he had some kind of spite over me. His own blood family said the same thing – ‘Did you even look at his record?’ No. He barely went to visits. He barely tried.”

[...]

“He never wanted to do any kind of co-parenting for her, it was always about what he could get out of having her,” Sorey said. “It was never for her. It was always out of spite,” Sorey said.

[...]

Crystal says she and relatives called DCF/DCYF in Massachusetts and New Hampshire more than 80 times.

And another interesting detail is that in her e-mail to the mayor of Manchester about DCYF's inaction, she stated she was prepared to go to the press if no one could help her. A detective called her within hours and stated Manchester Police were looking into where Harmony is. A supervisor from DCYF called within 24 hours to say they were investigating.

I credit the adoptive fathers of Crystal's son for advising Crystal to contact the mayor and what to say. 80 calls to child protection services from concerned relatives were not followed up on. Blair Miller is a reporter. Reporters know who to contact to find something out and the wording that will elicit a response. My opionion is his professional expertise informed Crystal's e-mail to the mayor. Her diplomatically worded threat to go to the press for assistance spurred action.
‘No one listened to me’: Mother of Harmony Montgomery says child services in 2 states ‘failed her daughter’ | Manchester Ink Link

But not one call to police?
Perhaps they did, I don't know. I think any calls would have been referred to DCYF because Crystal had no standing to request a welfare check by police and none of the extended family had information about abuse in real time that police would have responded to. Harmony's great uncle was in Florida when Adam gave her a black eye and noticed it on his return. He said he did call DCYF though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly