NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of the girls that were found in Cleveland I think it could be possible that Maura could be being held somewhere all this time against her will by some jerk. She had her little accident with her car, only grabbed a couple of things and then vanished. I mean, if she had just wandered out into the woods and died of exposure or took her own life I think she would have been found by now. It seems to me she is nowhere to be found all this time because someone evil doesn't want her to be found.... just a theory I have contemplated. It really is not out of the realm of possibilities here.

Thanks! MM being held all this time had not crossed my mind - you are right, and I agree about the possibility! Especially considering how rural the area is.
Yes, odds favor someone seeing her, or something of hers being found if she died of exposure. Finding nothing found favors her being taken by .

Some of these recent "findings" by James Renner have a picture of a gal from Pembroke, Mass that is supposedly posing with what many over there on the blog believe to be "Maura."

Pembroke is less than five miles from Maura's hometown. Would Maura really flee to a new life less than five miles away from where she grew up?

It does not necessarily follow that Maura could be living in Pembroke. The compelling point is that the Pembrook woman ("Lori") was discovered to have a variety of connections to Maura's friends in addition to (don't ask me to explain how) some sort of connection to Maura's Social Security number. Then, sleuths detected the photo of Lori posing with someone who bears (many people think) an undeniable resemblance to an older Maura.

Whoa, JR blog. Check out the new developments and photo.

This sounds really, really judgmental, naive and just outright stupid, and I never would have said it without all of these new possibilities coming out on Renner's blog:

I have always believed Maura either killed herself or succumbed to the elements. But in the back of my head I've always had a question but never brought it up since it didn't seem relevant - but I've wondered if Maura could have secretly been a lesbian. And the reason I ask this is what's going to really make me sound dumb, but the only people I have personally known who always wear their hair tied back the way Maura did have turned out to be lesbians. Maybe, just maybe, this is she on Renner's blog and she ran off to be part of a lesbian relationship. Or maybe it's Maura and she's not a lesbian. Or maybe it's not her and she was. Who knows. Just had to get it out.

For whatever it's worth, I almost always wear my hair back too. I like guys.

Just sayin.

For whatever it's worth, I almost always wear my hair back too. I like guys.

Just sayin.

I know, I do a lot too. It was a dumb comment from me, but it was based on people I know, and it just got me thinking. I'm not even going to get into a conversation about who wears their hair what way and what their sexual orientation is. My point was just that various things have caused me to wonder if Maura could have been a lesbian. Not that it matters.

I agree. The eyebrows are totally different. Maura has higher cheekbones too.

I thought the same about the eyebrows. And I am sure you're right.

BUT, just food for thought-- my brows look entirely different shape-wise than when I was a teen. Many women pluck/thread/wax, which involves shaping the brow. Maura's brows look 'tended to' in all the pictures I have seen of her… in fact they look overly plucked/waxed in some pictures. Anyway, JMO that the brows weren't a super compelling difference for me, as the way a woman chooses to shape or manicure her eyebrows can change.

Now I feel like a creep for putting that much thought into Maura's eye brow care routine.

I personally think the resemblance is very close. However, I can not logically reconcile Maura being alive… I have just never thought it was a strong possibility at all and just don't see how that would have "gone down". Therefore, I am chalking this up to being a look-a-like until I hear otherwise.

I agree. The eyebrows are totally different. Maura has higher cheekbones too.

Its not Maura. The police have confirmed it on Renner's blog. I didnt think it was her- the hairline was all wrong to start with and why on earth would her friend put that as her profile picture on Facebook if she was in hiding!

In light of the girls that were found in Cleveland I think it could be possible that Maura could be being held somewhere all this time against her will by some jerk. She had her little accident with her car, only grabbed a couple of things and then vanished. I mean, if she had just wandered out into the woods and died of exposure or took her own life I think she would have been found by now. It seems to me she is nowhere to be found all this time because someone evil doesn't want her to be found.... just a theory I have contemplated. It really is not out of the realm of possibilities here.

I think until she is found (or a body is found) then every possibility should be explored. I know people have said the chances of meeting a serial killer/rapist in that time frame is tiny, but it wouldn't really be such a small time frame if she went running towards Bartlett. Here in the UK, there was a very sad and upsetting case of a little girl called Sarah Payne. She was 7 years old and the very first time her mother allowed her to play outside (under the supervision of her older brother) she was picked up in a van and murdered by an opportunistic pedophile who just happened to be driving past at the time. It happened in a rural area right near a corn field so it wouldn't have been a place that a predator would have been trolling for victims either. It happened in the space of 10 minutes. Sure, the chances of Maura being picked up by a person with evil intent is unlikely, but that is not the same as impossible. There are millions of women who travel alone at night every single day and nothing eventful happens to them. If you narrow it down to women who have travelled alone at night and have subsequently gone missing, it becomes a very different scenario.

Just some random thoughts about Maura possibly still being alive and all along was just wanting to start a new life.

-- Would Maura have left all her belongings behind like she did, if she was running away to start a new life? Would she months later secretly have a moving company go get her stuff for her in dorm? Or how about the personal belongings that she did bring with her on her trip, yet she ended up leaving in her car anyway. Why bring those things only to leave them abandoned in your car?

--- Would Maura run away to start a new life in a town close to her hometown?
Some of these recent "findings" by James Renner have a picture of a gal from Pembroke, Mass that is supposedly posing with what many over there on the blog believe to be "Maura."

Pembroke is less than five miles from Maura's hometown. Would Maura really flee to a new life less than five miles away from where she grew up?

Somebody please use some common sense.

I agree. Also, if she was planning to run away to start a new life, why would she have emailed her tutors a blatant lie. If you wanted to disappear, you leave NO clues as to where or why you've gone. The searches on her computer are a blatant giveaway.

Although I think the serial killer/opportunistic abductor theory is one of the less likely ones, it certainly happens. My pet case is Carlene Sessions Tengelsen who was abducted in 1972 from a GA shopping mall the very first time she ever drove a car alone after getting her license. I think Maura died by accident or misadventure, although I still hold out the hope she made a new life somewhere else.

Its not Maura. The police have confirmed it on Renner's blog. I didnt think it was her- the hairline was all wrong to start with and why on earth would her friend put that as her profile picture on Facebook if she was in hiding!

There's waaaay more to this and far as the police go all they supposedly did was call this girl and she said I'm not Maura. I've been following this for years and as far as I'm concerned the two pics that he posted is imo without a doubt Maura Murray. I do not say that lightly. If I'm wrong then I would be the first one to admit it, but I'd bet real money it's her.

I just saw the picture and if it's not Maura, then she has a remarkable look-alike.

I just saw the picture and if it's not Maura, then she has a remarkable look-alike.

Is this the one you saw? Keep in mind when Renner ran Maura's SS# he got some kind of a cross reference to another girl. This girl just happens to have pics of her and the girl that looks like Maura taken together on her FB page. She is also from what I understand friends on FB with some of Maura's friends and she is from Mass.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-12-13 at 12_33_23 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-12-13 at 12_33_23 AM.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 93
<modsnip>
If you look at the comments to the other blog posts, he has removed the name of the girl whose Facebook page it was. Presumably, this is so that people dont try to hassle or get in touch with her since the lead has now been discounted.

I also have to ask the question: If you were helping a friend escape an intolerable situation at home and aided that person in faking their own death by giving them your social security number, would you really then be posting pictures of that person on your Facebook page?! C'mon now!

I know, I do a lot too. It was a dumb comment from me, but it was based on people I know, and it just got me thinking. I'm not even going to get into a conversation about who wears their hair what way and what their sexual orientation is. My point was just that various things have caused me to wonder if Maura could have been a lesbian. Not that it matters.

Fair enough. I know there's been speculation. No idea, no inkling, no blips on my radar one direction or the other. Like you, wouldn't care if she was. Just not high on my list of things to think about relating to the case. There are so many other more important things to try to work with, from my perspetive.

Although I think the serial killer/opportunistic abductor theory is one of the less likely ones, it certainly happens. My pet case is Carlene Sessions Tengelsen who was abducted in 1972 from a GA shopping mall the very first time she ever drove a car alone after getting her license. I think Maura died by accident or misadventure, although I still hold out the hope she made a new life somewhere else.

I agree that we can't rule out any theory concerning this case (Maura Murray) because there is no sign of Maura or Maura's body.

But the serial killer theory would hold more weight IMO, if Maura had been at a shopping mall (when she went missing) or had Maura been somewhere in the daylight (like walking a routine path to school) or (jogging a routine path around)

I would think that serial killers prey upon their victims and study them before hand for the most part. So they can plan a good time and spot to make their move.

Serial killers out stalking lonely and dark highways in the winter in New Hampshire probably have a very low success rate. And most nights, would not even encounter a young woman by herself.

And then add to it, that it was pitch black out where Maura's car wreck took place. I would venture to say that cars zipping by a stranded motorist walking wearing bundled up in dark clothing, aren't even going to know the sex of the person that is walking. For them to stop (with the hopes that it is a vulnerable young teenage woman) would make them very desperate for an abduction, when they could've just went to a college nearby (when it was still daylight) and picked out someone walking to their car in a large parking lot.

I agree that we can't rule out any theory concerning this case (Maura Murray) because there is no sign of Maura or Maura's body.

But the serial killer theory would hold more weight IMO, if Maura had been at a shopping mall (when she went missing) or had Maura been somewhere in the daylight (like walking a routine path to school) or (jogging a routine path around)

I would think that serial killers prey upon their victims and study them before hand for the most part. So they can plan a good time and spot to make their move.

Serial killers out stalking lonely and dark highways in the winter in New Hampshire probably have a very low success rate. And most nights, would not even encounter a young woman by herself.

And then add to it, that it was pitch black out where Maura's car wreck took place. I would venture to say that cars zipping by a stranded motorist walking wearing bundled up in dark clothing, aren't even going to know the sex of the person that is walking. For them to stop (with the hopes that it is a vulnerable young teenage woman) would make them very desperate for an abduction, when they could've just went to a college nearby (when it was still daylight) and picked out someone walking to their car in a large parking lot.

But it could just be a crime of opportunity, which is what happened IMO

But it could just be a crime of opportunity, which is what happened IMO

Very true, anything is possible.

Someone could've went to force Maura in their car and a black bear could've appeared out of the woods and snatched Maura up by its mouth before the abductor got Maura in the car as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487