NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also trying to consider it in light of the other evidence - we've just come to two different (plausible) conclusions...

For example, to me, something doesn't sit right with the fact her father lent her his car before she went missing. She had her own car which, at the time, worked okay. She was only going to a local friend's flat for a party, after all, not some long unfamiliar journey...

... unless Fred was lending her the car for some long journey she intended to take within the next few days. Of course, that plan (if true) never worked out, as Maura trashed the car and ended up taking her own.

Actually she was going to a party in her own dorm building. It makes no sense why Fred lent her his car. He should have just dropped her off and then picked her up in the morning.

Unless she ran up the road and then into the woods like a witness allegedly saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who was that witness?

I only know the basics in this case right now. Very interesting.

Does anyone have any good links that kind of give the whole run down on this?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Just as a reminder of what we're dealing with when considering finding (or not finding) MM in the woods/mountains near the crash site: An article published today detailed how even though Leanne Hecht Bearden hung herself in what was essentially (literally? It's hard to tell) someone's back yard, it took multiple searches to find her, just because of the flora cover.

Here's the article: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Autopsy-finding-of-missing-woman-suicide-5411034.php

This is one of my major issues with Renner's reasoning. Just because an area has been searched, does not mean that Maura is not there. A relative of mine was talking about how during a search for a missing person, their bodies can be difficult to find because people will huddle underneath something as a last resort before they die. She also said some people when lost and disoriented will go "up" and some will go "down." It depends on their age, health, etc.

Who was that witness?

That was Rick Forcier. If you are new to the case, then start with the wikipedia page and read the news articles on her and then read Renner's blog.

That was Rick Forcier. If you are new to the case, then start with the wikipedia page and read the news articles on her and then read Renner's blog.

Took me 20 minutes to try and find his last name lol. Thanks!!

Will do. Off to go read some more.

Right now I feel like there should of been more searches and she could of ran off into the woods and broke her ankle or something happen that maybe wasn't so criminal. So I'm gonna go read bunch and see if that's what I still think by the time I'm done.

Will do. Off to go read some more.

Right now I feel like there should of been more searches and she could of ran off into the woods and broke her ankle or something happen that maybe wasn't so criminal. So I'm gonna go read bunch and see if that's what I still think by the time I'm done.

There were tons of searches lead by family and LE. According to FM he searched for months and then went back on weekends or something. I think that was in the Disappeared episode.

There were tons of searches lead by family and LE. According to FM he searched for months and then went back on weekends or something. I think that was in the Disappeared episode.

I take FM's searches with a big grain of salt. The man was not trained in search and rescue and likely just wandered around that area looking for evidence of Maura.

No competent search and rescue group or law enforcement allows family members to come along on official searches, so whatever the family did may or may not have been a decent search.

Actually she was going to a party in her own dorm building. It makes no sense why Fred lent her his car. He should have just dropped her off and then picked her up in the morning.

Yeah this has never made sense to me. Has anyone involved in the case ever said why he did this? And if he gave her his car, how did he get back to his hotel (assuming he actually did)? He would have to have a pretty good reason to give her his car in that case -- unless he's just a weirdo who does stuff like that.

Who was that witness?

I actually just this morning started a spreadsheet that contains facts about the case. It only has a few for now, but anyone is free to add to the list: It's on the Bittorrent Sync folder for the case.

(As a reminder on using the Bittorrent Sync folder, just download the client from their site - bittorrent.com/sync - and enter this private key: AXSAIKP2FZ4TKKILGTGLCJKLV3F5QEUJG)

I think it's critical that everyone have easy access to the entire compendium of facts about this case. I feel like even those of us who know a lot about the case are always finding out new things, and it's possible that we're coming up with hypotheses while forgetting about something we heard about months or years ago.

Here's how the spreadsheet looks right now:
Screenshot%202014-04-18%2011.31.00.png

Yeah this has never made sense to me. Has anyone involved in the case ever said why he did this? And if he gave her his car, how did he get back to his hotel (assuming he actually did)? He would have to have a pretty good reason to give her his car in that case -- unless he's just a weirdo who does stuff like that.

She dropped him off at his hotel didn't she?

She dropped him off at his hotel didn't she?

Did she? That sounds familiar. After that dinner with the friend?

I can picture a scenario where MM just wanted her dad's car because it was nicer, and that sounded like fun to her. I could also see an over-careful father insisting his daughter drive the car that seems more safe. Both of these scenarios could lend some credence to MM's Saturn being in poor condition for driving. But it's also possible neither of these scenarios are what happened.

Where did Maura park her father's car? When I was living in the dorms, there were very few places where you could park a car without a permit. If Maura was going to spend the rest of the night at the dorms, then the only thing that makes actual sense is for Fred to have dropped Maura off, gone back to his hotel, and then picked her up in the morning.

The only thing that would ever make sense in this situation is if Fred was way too drunk to drive.

Where did Maura park her father's car? When I was living in the dorms, there were very few places where you could park a car without a permit. If Maura was going to spend the rest of the night at the dorms, then the only thing that makes actual sense is for Fred to have dropped Maura off, gone back to his hotel, and then picked her up in the morning.

The only thing that would ever make sense in this situation is if Fred was way too drunk to drive.

I've wondered the same thing RE: where did she park his car without a permit. I went to a college *very* close to UMASS Amherst from 1999-2003. If you had a car on campus, you had a sticker permit in the window. There was *very* little guest parking.

Not only did I go to a college very close to Maura's during a similar time frame, but her hometown and mine are just miles from one another on the South Shore.....so this case has always been near and dear to my heart.

Could you get a visitor's pass for temporary parking?

There were no visitor passes at my Uni. There was visitor parking outside of campus you paid for by the hour or you could park at the football stadium and ride a city bus to campus but I believe that needed a pass too.

There were no visitor passes at my Uni either. You either parked at a meter, or out at the stadium.

Was Maura anxious to leave because she was parked at a meter that began "tolling" at 6 am? Recall that she had a night owl/late riser schedule at the time. Maybe she was anxious that she would "screw up" and oversleep and the car would get a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme