NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if someone searched female college students' computer histories they would find most have googled pregnancy though. It could be a clue but it could also just be a common concern. Maybe specific terms and phrases would give more. If she were searching how to treat morning sickness or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Or if she searched it in between searches for a place to stay, with no other "school" searches, it would make me think she at least was pretty sure she was pregnant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I agree with you about the sociopath part. That is a clinical diagnosis that needs to be made by a psychologist/psychiatrist and has massively negative connotations so I think its pretty irresponsible to be throwing out labels like that so flippantly.

However, if the police did, in fact, find searches on her computer regarding pregnancy, I think its perfectly reasonable to speculate that that might have been a contributory factor in her wanting to run away.

I'm not thinking any of this is new.

Police early on looked at the pregnancy angle (as I recall) because of the searches found on Maura's computer, yet Maura was also taking a Maternity class and working at a hospital in the delivery room at the time she went missing.

Hence this excerpt from James Blog back in 2013

"In the Spring of 2004, Maura had clinicals twice a week. One day was spent at the Providence mental hospital in Holyoke. The other was done at Norwood Hospital's labor and deliver unit, in Norwood (an hour and a half drive, it's nearer Quincy/Weymouth).

Her class list: Pharmacology; Mental Health; Maternity; Research in Nursing

So not sure why this pregnancy angle is being brought back up.

James has told me what his big bombshell is .. and I just hope for his sake, that he crosses every T and dots every I about five times before he goes public with it. it could be a very big bombshell and it also could land him in a lot of trouble if he misses on it.

I am almost certain he is about to very strongly shine a spotlight on someone. I have a feeling it is going to be an accusation of abuse/violence that occurred within the confines of some sort of romantic relationship, against a known person in the MM cast of characters. It will recast the accused person in a different, predatory light.

Police early on looked at the pregnancy angle (as I recall) because of the searches found on Maura's computer, yet Maura was also taking a Maternity class and working at a hospital in the delivery room at the time she went missing.

"In the Spring of 2004, Maura had clinicals twice a week. One day was spent at the Providence mental hospital in Holyoke. The other was done at Norwood Hospital's labor and deliver unit, in Norwood (an hour and a half drive, it's nearer Quincy/Weymouth).

James has told me what his big bombshell is .. and I just hope for his sake, that he crosses every T and dots every I about five times before he goes public with it. it could be a very big bombshell and it also could land him in a lot of trouble if he misses on it.

To TessDisco:

Oh you misread. The _police_ believe she was pregnant.

Who exactly would anyone be courting by lying 9 months before their book goes on sale? People like you, who had no intention of buying the book anyway? People like me who were already going to buy the book? If someone lied about the topic of their book, they'd be burning their reputation for no benefit.

You gotta think before you open your mouth. I understand emotions run high on this case but what you're saying is borderline libelous. You have absolutely no proof one way or the other.

I think if someone searched female college students' computer histories they would find most have googled pregnancy though. It could be a clue but it could also just be a common concern. Maybe specific terms and phrases would give more. If she were searching how to treat morning sickness or something.

All conjecture. A little sexist, too; women don't constantly Google pregnancy facts just because they're women.

The police found other searches related to pregnancy that we don't know about, that led them to strongly believe she was pregnant. Source: James' blog, 2011

I am almost certain he is about to very strongly shine a spotlight on someone. I have a feeling it is going to be an accusation of abuse/violence that occurred within the confines of some sort of romantic relationship, against a known person in the MM cast of characters. It will recast the accused person in a different, predatory light.

If this is true and it's BR, I urge James to not say anything about it regardless of whether he believes it's true. BR has a family and an important job and reputation. This information should only be published if the police refuse to do anything about it.

All conjecture. A little sexist, too; women don't constantly Google pregnancy facts just because they're women.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying if a female college student googles something about pregnancy it doesn't automatically mean omg she must be pregnant. That belief is what's "a little sexist."

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying if a female college student googles something about pregnancy it doesn't automatically mean omg she must be pregnant. That belief is what's "a little sexist."

Plus it could mean that she is studying Nursing.

MOO

Again, conjecture. Here's the real information:

"I may have been unclear in the post above. There were several searches about pregnancy conducted from Maura's computer that strongly suggested to investigators that Maura was either pregnant or thought she could be. The searches did not relate to any possible homework."
source: http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2011/07/big-reveal-maura-might-have-been.html

Again, conjecture. Here's the real information:

"I may have been unclear in the post above. There were several searches about pregnancy conducted from Maura's computer that strongly suggested to investigators that Maura was either pregnant or thought she could be. The searches did not relate to any possible homework."
source: http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2011/07/big-reveal-maura-might-have-been.html

Conjecture? The comment you quoted is almost exactly what I said so I'm not sure what you're getting at. You can't say for sure whether or not she was pregnant either. Why is it conjecture if I say the same thing?

Sorry, but can you point me to a link or where that quote was taken? I hadn't seen that anywhere before.

Thanks

Certainly! Former NH State Trooper With Troubled Past Says Maura Was Murdered, Buried Under Suspect's House

You do realize right that in the first five years or more after Maura went missing that the people on the internet were overwhelmingly sympathetic to the family?

I could have worded my comment better because I agree with you. I was trying to say that if the Murrays and LE have long been operating under the assumption that a specific person was responsible for Maura's disappearance, I can better understand Fred's mindset. To him, the internet community would have been on a wild goose chase which wasn't contributing any evidence against this suspect. In the end, however, all of the digging may have been what was needed to uncover the real working theory. I don't fault anyone for being curious given the limited information the public has been provided.

It also seems quite possible that we've never heard of this person. You probably saw that Renner wrote, "this new info has nothing to do with any member of Maura's family." Outside of the Murray family, the known cast of characters is rather limited. Any thoughts on who among them could reasonably have been in a romantic relationship with Maura? Rick Forcier? The track coach? I'm also starting to wonder how well Billy's alibi was vetted by amateur sleuths, so there's another seemingly unlikely possibility.

It wouldn't be hard to determine if she was taking the birth control properly. More than likely the pharmacy label would have the date she refilled it, so by looking at the number of pills left you'd have a good idea.

So if she last filled it a month prior, and she nearly had a full pack left in the car, one could conclude she wasn't taking it properly and possibly pregnant. Or conversely, if it was refilled at the beginning of February and there was nearly a full pack, she probably was taking it correctly.

That would absolutely be valuable, but not definitive, information which I doubt LE will be sharing with us. Even with "perfect use," oral contraceptives result in 3/1000 pregnancies per year. With "typical use," that number jumps to 80/1000 per year, mostly attributable to missed pills as you point out. There are all kinds of other imperfect use scenarios and it's even not unheard of for a woman to surreptitiously skip pills in order to get pregnant. I think Fred is a radiology tech*, so he would know better than anyone that sexually active young women are assumed pregnant until proven otherwise before they are irradiated for medical imaging.

*I've only seen Fred referred to as a "radiologist," which is a medical specialty. Since he doesn't appear to have an MD or DO, I assume Fred is actually a radiology technician. Furthermore, in the early 2000s, radiology was exceptionally lucrative. Only an extremely disastrous scenario could have resulted in a working radiologist having his sub $200,000 home foreclosed upon.

Nursing coursework doesn't automatically explain away her pregnancy searches, although it offers a very plausible alternative explanation. Without access to her exact search history, it's impossible for us to distinguish. There's something to be said for the fact that LE pursued this line of investigation based on her search history knowing full well that Maura was a nursing student. The search patterns of a woman trying to figure out if she is pregnant could easily look a lot different than a nursing student reading up for her maternity rotation.

Her history might have included obvious searches like, "how to tell if I'm pregnant" and "when will I get morning sickness." It also may have followed a telling timeline like a sequence of, "missed birth control broken condom" -> "how soon are pregnancy tests accurate" -> "morning sickness cure" -> "alcohol pregnancy".

Certainly the idea of a pregnancy leaves the possibility wide open for a certain mystery male who may have seriously objected to the notion of being a father.

Granted, Maura and BR seemed to have issues, he may have been unfaithful and certainly that could have led her down the same road.

With a possible mystery lover, all bets are off and once again we'd be faced with another needle in a haystack type scenario, given this could have been something Maura kept to herself.

Definitely an interesting angle to consider. Perhaps part of the trip was to break the news of the pregnancy or work out the details.

Regardless, one way or the other I'm hoping eventually something will break this case wide open.

My best guess would be, in order of suspicion: Unknown male, track coach, Billy.

not that i bye any of this but maybe she had a miscarriage hints the fake death of a relative and her so called weird behavour maybe having a miscarrage sent her over the edge.

I forget, but I thought Billy was stationed in OK for the weeks up to and including the time of her disappearance? So that would kind of eliminate him, wouldn't it?

I'm guessing if in fact Renner has a solid new lead, it would involve an unknown male.

I forget, but I thought Billy was stationed in OK for the weeks up to and including the time of her disappearance? So that would kind of eliminate him, wouldn't it?

That has always been my understanding. I've noticed some chatter around the Maurasphere this past week which questions why we take his alibi for granted. For the boyfriend of a missing woman, Billy seems an unlikely suspect considering the physical and emotional distance that had developed.

My best guess would be, in order of suspicion: Unknown male, track coach, Billy.

Based on personal experiences with the track coach type and his voluntary admission of a casual sexual relationship with Maura, my gut says he had nothing to do with her disappearance. I could be completely wrong.

Certainly the idea of a pregnancy leaves the possibility wide open for a certain mystery male who may have seriously objected to the notion of being a father.

Agreed. Although it seems like the topic could use further research, one study found that pregnant women are more than 3 times as likely to die by homicide than non-pregnant women. Food for thought.

not that i bye any of this but maybe she had a miscarriage hints the fake death of a relative and her so called weird behavour maybe having a miscarrage sent her over the edge.

Great point, that would have been quite traumatic. Maura's supposed drinking habits at the time could have been the cause or result of a miscarriage. Another angle to consider here is that the nastiest effects of alcohol on fetal brain development happen during weeks 3-8 of pregnancy. In cases of unplanned pregnancy, the woman often doesn't even know she's pregnant during this period. Voluntary abortion is another potentially stressful possibility here.

Bill was doing field exercises at the time. This means he was out in the field with MANY other soldiers, it's usually at least a few days and nights long. More often than not they were two weeks long. The entire time he was accounted for. He probably was only able to use his phone sporadically, and he certainly couldn't have left unnoticed without permission. Any permission to leave would have been documented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member