NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Between 8:00 and 8:30 pm, a contractor returning home from work saw a young person moving quickly on foot eastbound on Route 112 about 4 to 5 miles east of where Murray's vehicle was abandoned.

I think it was her.

Between 8:00 and 8:30 pm, a contractor returning home from work saw a young person moving quickly on foot eastbound on Route 112 about 4 to 5 miles east of where Murray's vehicle was abandoned.

I think it was her.

Why did it take him two months to report it?

Maybe he didn't know she was missing.

I've never taken that report that seriously about her being spotted four to five miles away from the crash precisely because it was reported months later. Even if the individual was trying to be a 100% truthful it would have been hard to give accurate details about a random memory from months prior. I occasionally see people walking a long a highway as well but if I tried to bring that memory back to the surface months after it happened it would be extremely hard for me to give a whole lot of correct details about it. Keep in mind this case likely would have just been some runaway story for months to a year after it occurred.

With all that said if she was say within ten miles of the destination she was planning on going to I could easily see her deciding to just go the rest of the way on foot. Which would make it very likely that she still succumbed to the elements somewhere but that they are just looking in the wrong area.

I've never taken that report that seriously about her being spotted four to five miles away from the crash precisely because it was reported months later. Even if the individual was trying to be a 100% truthful it would have been hard to give accurate details about a random memory from months prior. I occasionally see people walking a long a highway as well but if I tried to bring that memory back to the surface months after it happened it would be extremely hard for me to give a whole lot of correct details about it. Keep in mind this case likely would have just been some runaway story for months to a year after it occurred.

With all that said if she was say within ten miles of the destination she was planning on going to I could easily see her deciding to just go the rest of the way on foot. Which would make it very likely that she still succumbed to the elements somewhere but that they are just looking in the wrong area.
Do you think she could have hitched a ride from a stranger or a passerby that noticed her walking on the side of the road? She had to get the hell outta dodge given her trouble she was in.

That could be plausible.

Do you think she could have hitched a ride from a stranger or a passerby that noticed her walking on the side of the road? She had to get the hell outta dodge given her trouble she was in.

Yeah that is possible as well. To be honest I think one of the biggest reasons no trace of her has been found for fifteen years is that people got stuck on searching in the area directly around the crash site.

My particular take on the case is I would look at the Connecticut River Valley Killer. Of course much of it would depend on what forensic evidence is available. It would be good for Maura's Dad and family to get some answers though.

My particular take on the case is I would look at the Connecticut River Valley Killer. Of course much of it would depend on what forensic evidence is available. It would be good for Maura's Dad and family to get some answers though.

Cant see how the Connecticut River Valley Killer could be connected. I believe that there is too much time difference between those killings and the disappearance of MM.

Cant see how the Connecticut River Valley Killer could be connected. I believe that there is too much time difference between those killings and the disappearance of MM.

You might be right but I would say he likely stopped around 2010 in reality. Thanks for the reply.

Why 2010? CRVK ended in the late 80's. What other murders would been attributed to him to bring his killings to 2010. Can you explain your theory?

Why 2010? CRVK ended in the late 80's. What other murders would been attributed to him to bring his killings to 2010. Can you explain your theory?

Thanks for the reply as I have said elsewhere on the board I believe the man dubbed the Connecticut River Valley Killer was actually a man called Ralph Leon Jackson and his last crime was in 2010 near to his home in Virginia. I would say to people not to be 'fooled' by the fact his last crime was close to his home. Just another remarkable fact in my opinion.

Yeah the CRVK killings happened between 1978-1987. It's a pretty big stretch to say that a disappearance that happened almost twenty years after those murders seemed to stop has anything to do with that particular serial killer. Plus the fact that Maura was out in the middle of nowhere when she disappeared and wasn't at work, home, or school, makes it even more unlikely.

Also as far as Ralph Leon Jackson he was a shooter in his killings in 2010 and as far as I know that is the only killing that is attributed to him. That is generally a different kind of killer than those that do it up close and personal (which would likely have been the case if Maura was killed by someone)

Yeah the CRVK killings happened between 1978-1987. It's a pretty big stretch to say that a disappearance that happened almost twenty years after those murders seemed to stop has anything to do with that particular serial killer. Plus the fact that Maura was out in the middle of nowhere when she disappeared and wasn't at work, home, or school, makes it even more unlikely.

Also as far as Ralph Leon Jackson he was a shooter in his killings in 2010 and as far as I know that is the only killing that is attributed to him. That is generally a different kind of killer than those that do it up close and personal (which would likely have been the case if Maura was killed by someone)

You may be right but it is my belief that Jackson was a Serial Killer who got started at any early. Just me but I would not read that much into the fact at the moment he only has one crime attributed to him. Just my theory that he also like to knife people as well as shoot them. If you look at his last attack he actually did get up close and personal with one of the victims trying to push her off a cliff and throwing stones at her. Thanks for you thoughts though.

Crimes committed by Jackson would have ended in 2010 when apprehended for Blue Ridge Pkwy attackand murder. Method of attacks and different weapons appear to reflect possible connection between crimes since these types of serial killers are rare, though I will leave that to the profiling experts. This person resembles the Connecticut River Valley Killer composite. This person has relatives and ties to the CRV going back to the dates of those crimes. I have also noted an address that is in very close proximity to Maura Murray with an extremely close temporal relationship between when that address becomes active and Maura’s disappearance. I am not jumping on conspiracy theories just yet but it is not lost on me that address related to this person becomes active in Springfield, MO around 2002, or are his ties to Dallas and resemblance to composite in cold case in that region of country. This person may have died in prison so any DNA connection would have to be made through familial connection like EAR/ONS. My thought is that a tight timeline and detailed history of this perosn’s residences, travels, family and associate addresses, and occupatiom / employers and residences needs to be compiled after which possible connections to unsolved crimes in the areas where this person could have been are investigated until / unless person can be ruled out. Jaejae’s freakishly astute identification of this person and his possible connectionsis to multiple other cases is absolutely correct. This person is a very valid POI for not only this crime but other well known cold cases.

Crimes committed by Jackson would have ended in 2010 when apprehended for Blue Ridge Pkwy attackand murder. Method of attacks and different weapons appear to reflect possible connection between crimes since these types of serial killers are rare, though I will leave that to the profiling experts. This person resembles the Connecticut River Valley Killer composite. This person has relatives and ties to the CRV going back to the dates of those crimes. I have also noted an address that is in very close proximity to Maura Murray with an extremely close temporal relationship between when that address becomes active and Maura’s disappearance. I am not jumping on conspiracy theories just yet but it is not lost on me that address related to this person becomes active in Springfield, MO around 2002, or are his ties to Dallas and resemblance to composite in cold case in that region of country. This person may have died in prison so any DNA connection would have to be made through familial connection like EAR/ONS. My thought is that a tight timeline and detailed history of this perosn’s residences, travels, family and associate addresses, and occupatiom / employers and residences needs to be compiled after which possible connections to unsolved crimes in the areas where this person could have been are investigated until / unless person can be ruled out. Jaejae’s freakishly astute identification of this person and his possible connectionsis to multiple other cases is absolutely correct. This person is a very valid POI for not only this crime but other well known cold cases.

Again very interesting post. I would look at him in the Springfield Three case as well although that would have to be left to LE people as I do not know it is him but he would be a good suspect. Good luck with your research and I will leave you to work on them rather than follow you about like the stalker Jackson was:)

I realize it can be fun coming up with these theories about who the murderer is. But we need to remember to not get to wound up in the idea that the murderer was someone already known to us. If we do such things we will wind up looking like one of those silly youtubers trying to make point A connect to point K without bothering with all the needed connections inbetween those two points.

In all honesty if she was murdered by someone the chances are probably far greater that it was an opportunistic killer that had never killed before than it was murderer or serial killer A, B, C, or D.

Though still reviewing records, currently appears family of Jackson’s wife from MA. Appears Jackson could have been visiting in-laws at time of CRV crimes, mother/father in law or sister in law. Sister in law address near Maura Murray begins days before disappearance though resided in area prior to then. Following up on dayes of occasions such as death, birth and marriage that would have brought Jackson for visit to area and compare to dates of crimes.

Jackson’s wife had brother who appears to have in-laws in Williamsburg, Va. Parkway killings on weekends when Jackson could have been with wife in Williamsburg visiting wife’s brother at the brother’s in-laws.

Longer term visits such as those to care for sick family are also possible. Also other family or ties to these area expected.

Still determining relation and whether any possiible connection but currently appears father in law of Jackson’s daughter registered sex offender from NC for sexual assault and forcible sodomy.

Jackson has earlier conviction involving DUI and other charges. Records appear incomplete as there is habitual offender charge in history but no records of the prior charges in records secured to date. Appears this could be to Jackson using a different DOB - year reflected as 1950 in NC arrest records but 1953 on all others. Need to review court and arrest records for other address

I realize it can be fun coming up with these theories about who the murderer is. But we need to remember to not get to wound up in the idea that the murderer was someone already known to us. If we do such things we will wind up looking like one of those silly youtubers trying to make point A connect to point K without bothering with all the needed connections inbetween those two points.

In all honesty if she was murdered by someone the chances are probably far greater that it was an opportunistic killer that had never killed before than it was murderer or serial killer A, B, C, or D.

Maura vanished faster than the time police could arrive which tells me she needed a quick route out of the scene. That's why I think she acquired a ride from someone. It's true that the woods were a place to hide but with the alcohol in her possession, how likely is it that she would have succumbed to the elements without her personal items being found by New Hampshire fish and game.

Maura vanished faster than the time police could arrive which tells me she needed a quick route out of the scene. That's why I think she acquired a ride from someone. It's true that the woods were a place to hide but with the alcohol in her possession, how likely is it that she would have succumbed to the elements without her personal items being found by New Hampshire fish and game.

I doubt she would have hid anywhere close to the area where the car is. I think there is a good chance she either ran a ways away from the car or (like you said) got a ride from someone. Like I have said before I think one of the biggest reasons no trace of her has been found for fifteen years is that they got stuck searching for her in the area right around the crash.

I think it is entirely possible that her body has been found but it wasn't in the area and she didn't have any i.d. on her so she just ended up being a jane doe. The states in the New England area are pretty small. If say she left the state and died somehow it could be difficult to identify the body if she got rid of all her identification (which she may have done if she was trying to avoid the cops).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay