NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s crazy how many missing hikers are on these forums and how many searches and/or rescues are in the news.

It’s crazy how many missing hikers are on these forums and how many searches and/or rescues are in the news.

Yep. People choose to leave the designated trails and they end up lost and/or get hurt. And unless that episode was highly exaggerating how lost they were it isn't hard to realize how lost hikers bodies are never found.

alcohol, possible head injury, how far would she get? seems to me she would know better than to wander into the woods, and if so impaired she would not get too far imo.

I always felt staging in this case .

would not be the first time alcohol was planted, an accident staged or a muffler plugged with a rag to stage evidence and disguise a crime scene,

the rag in the tail pipe gives pause...

was she is suicide mode and not able to commit to a method or unable to get the car to run long enough to end her life?

or was she meeting someone away from home for a personal reason and was really lured to her death?

or did she intentionally crack the car as has been speculated to cover an earlier accident, and left dummy clues so she could disappear and avoid prosecution.

why no suicide note?
why no real explanation regarding Maura's unusual behavior and her abrupt departure from school.

no sensible explanation for the rag in the tail pipe.

Brianna's car was staged against the barn , one of the most bizarre cases, truly.

as for Maura, no one in their right mind wanders into the woods at nightfall in the middle
of nowhere in the snow...you would have to be a complete idiot, drunk or not.

mOO

This is what I never understood about this case. It could be the most simple of causes, or the most implausible. We just don't know because we can't find her.
A lot was going on in her life at the time so that opens up a whole bucket of possibilities.

alcohol, possible head injury, how far would she get? seems to me she would know better than to wander into the woods, and if so impaired she would not get too far imo.

I always felt staging in this case .

would not be the first time alcohol was planted, an accident staged or a muffler plugged with a rag to stage evidence and disguise a crime scene,

the rag in the tail pipe gives pause...

was she is suicide mode and not able to commit to a method or unable to get the car to run long enough to end her life?

or was she meeting someone away from home for a personal reason and was really lured to her death?

or did she intentionally crack the car as has been speculated to cover an earlier accident, and left dummy clues so she could disappear and avoid prosecution.

why no suicide note?
why no real explanation regarding Maura's unusual behavior and her abrupt departure from school.

no sensible explanation for the rag in the tail pipe.

Brianna's car was staged against the barn , one of the most bizarre cases, truly.

as for Maura, no one in their right mind wanders into the woods at nightfall in the middle
of nowhere in the snow...you would have to be a complete idiot, drunk or not.

mOO
I completely missed this I’m sorry, when was it said that a rag was found in the muffler of her vehicle?

Does Fred's explaining away the rag make sense? I cant remember if any one was able to dissect this ...how will a rag in the tailpipe do anything but asphyxiate you with gas fumes?

it seems irresponsible to accept this explanation as far as I am concerned. But maybe I don't know enough about cars.

mOO

Wasn't it tested and it was determined the car couldn't go a few feet without spitting the rag out?

Also didn't BA tell Maura to put her blinkers on? Maura agreeing with his concern and feebly putting a white rag into the car as a flag doesn't sound that weird to me.

I understand people are skeptical of everything because the family have lied a lot. But surely you must agree there's at least some truth to their stories in which case approaching their comments as true wouldn't be the worst idea. If you believe there's no truth to anything they've said then that's fine but there's literally no potential movement there.

Does Fred's explaining away the rag make sense? I cant remember if any one was able to dissect this ...how will a rag in the tailpipe do anything but asphyxiate you with gas fumes?

it seems irresponsible to accept this explanation as far as I am concerned. But maybe I don't know enough about cars.

mOO
The rag in the exhaust pipe was a deterrent to ward off police so that they wouldn't pull her over due to the excessive smoke. That's essentially what it boils down. Her car was running on three cylinders and experiencing mechanical issues that was conventional in any ownership of a vehicle. While the advice was considered questionable and peculiar, that was the advice her father gave her, which she followed during the time of the accident.

Wasn't it tested and it was determined the car couldn't go a few feet without spitting the rag out?

Also didn't BA tell Maura to put her blinkers on? Maura agreeing with his concern and feebly putting a white rag into the car as a flag doesn't sound that weird to me.

I understand people are skeptical of everything because the family have lied a lot. But surely you must agree there's at least some truth to their stories in which case approaching their comments as true wouldn't be the worst idea. If you believe there's no truth to anything they've said then that's fine but there's literally no potential movement there.
Don’t know what you mean by they’ve lied a lot. But yes, someone somewhere tested the rag in the tailpipe and it flew out soon after, I remember reading or hearing that. But after she crashed one of the witnesses said there was a lot of activity around the trunk, so she could have stuffed one in there then.

New here, but not new to this case as I actually lived not too far from this area at one time and have followed it through the years. Has anyone tested the ability of a dog to track the scent of a person walking along a road 36 hours after that walk occurred recreating the same temperature/weather environment going only from a glove worn by the person of interest? And I don't mean the 1 in a million bloodhound, but the typical police dog. It does not take long for symptoms of hypothermia to occur and death to follow especially if a person stops moving. Add in alcohol impairment and you have a recipe for poor outdoor survival in the White Mountains in February. I think I need to catch up on the latest documentaries. I did read "True Crime Addict", but haven't read all 14 threads here. Thanks.

New here, but not new to this case as I actually lived not too far from this area at one time and have followed it through the years. Has anyone tested the ability of a dog to track the scent of a person walking along a road 36 hours after that walk occurred recreating the same temperature/weather environment going only from a glove worn by the person of interest? And I don't mean the 1 in a million bloodhound, but the typical police dog. It does not take long for symptoms of hypothermia to occur and death to follow especially if a person stops moving. Add in alcohol impairment and you have a recipe for poor outdoor survival in the White Mountains in February. I think I need to catch up on the latest documentaries. I did read "True Crime Addict", but haven't read all 14 threads here. Thanks.

To be honest I wouldn't really bother watching any of the Maura Murray documentaries at this point. Basically all they are are just people rehashing the same info everyone who follows this case already knows and adding their own particular theories to the mix.

A few people seem to subscribe to Israel Keyes theory and here is a video from You Tube about it:

Ugh. Youtubers these days. Could only take about ten seconds of that video before I had to shut it off. Opening up videos like that makes me kind of start thinking that there needs to be membership fees in order to make videos on youtube.

Damn, this doesn’t help discussion but I had a dream last night that Maura was alive and just living life. If only...

Hey you never know she very well may have been that lady at that Star Wars convention with her daughter.

EZkgKmp.jpg

Found someone who did a side by side comparison of the two women. Not sure how many of you have seen the Star Wars photo but I believe it has been around on the net for over a year now. It was probably taken at one of the Star Wars movies they have released over the past several years. This photo was a close up but the original photo has stormtroopers standing in front of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members