NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were lots of other inconsistencies in the accident report. At the beginning of the report the officer, C. Smith, said she was uninjured, then twice later in terms of her condition or her injury he said "unknown". He didn't address the strange tire imprints that look like a vehicle pulled up nose-to-nose at an oblique angle. He didn't write the report for almost a week after the accident. He said the accident was reported at 7:35PM and he was dispatched at 7:30PM. It seems like the officer got some of his information from the witness, Butch A. The more you look at the report....

Which accident report are you looking at? The one I am looking at off the MM website says the time was 1930(7:30) and I don't see anywhere where he says she is uninjured. It says there was no one in the car or area and he talked to a witness who said she was fine.

I'm not trying to interrogate or anything I am just curious if there is another report out there I haven't seen yet or something.

Thanks

If you look at the page where they just circle the choices you will see the officer circled "unknown" for all comments relating to the occupant but did pick "had been drinking." Sorry I don't care what 'evidence' they found in the car - without seeing her there is no way to determine that she was drinking while driving on some dark, curvey, unknown road..

If you look at the page where they just circle the choices you will see the officer circled "unknown" for all comments relating to the occupant but did pick "had been drinking." Sorry I don't care what 'evidence' they found in the car - without seeing her there is no way to determine that she was drinking while driving on some dark, curvey, unknown road..

agree.

Why is it no longer possible to get to the Steve Huff Maura Murray case summary on his truecrimeblog??

I read the entire southshoreexpress summary of the case which was fascinating.

Peabody -

1) Was the carpet taken from the AFrame house where the cadaver dogs hit that the police and investigators were supposed to test ever found? I found that whole part extremely disturbing - how could the different investigators give so many different answers about where the carpet is at?

2) If they argued against providing files because there is a '75% chance of prosecution' then at least that must mean they are admitting they are now quite sure that she was killed and that she did not runaway or commit suicide. Have they clarified what changed their mind on this?

From what I have seen the location of the break in the windshield does not seem consistent with a head hitting. There also is no mention of DNA at the impact location- hair or skin would have been caught.

As for the airbag deploying - it is possible that when the airbag deployed the cover on the steering wheel hit the windshield and caused the break. In many cases windshields are broken from this debris - HOWEVER, the only way this could accurately be determined to be from this would be to verify the angle the steering wheel was tilted to and the trajectory the cover would have taken to impact. Without these specifics you can't determine this as the cause.

You do need to remember that the deployment of airbags is caused by a small explosion - there is a significant force to this. If you have ever been in an accident where they deployed - you felt them. Not nearly as bad as you would have felt the steering wheel but you would feel them.

I also agree that the windshield break looks consistent with breakage from an airbag. I had a car accident in June and my windshield was broken pretty much in the exact same manner from my airbags.

Maybe I'm overlooking this detail, but what year was Maura's Saturn? My car was a 1996 Honda Accord, and both my driver's side and passenger airbags deployed in my accident, although I was the only person in my car.

I had a very hard time understanding his drawing. Do we know that some of those prints are from a second vehicle? That would make more sense.

Tuppence, it does seem like those tire tracks might've been from another vehicle. It was discussed in the last day or two on TOPIX Where is Maura Murray. There are links to that forum above.

Oh! I feel silly. I didn't even look at that. I was only reading the actual text. Thanks!

I read the entire southshoreexpress summary of the case which was fascinating.

Peabody -

1) Was the carpet taken from the AFrame house where the cadaver dogs hit that the police and investigators were supposed to test ever found? I found that whole part extremely disturbing - how could the different investigators give so many different answers about where the carpet is at?

There was carpet taken from the A-Frame. I was told a piece was sent to the NHSP for testing and that the PI's kept another piece. I am sorry but that is all that I know FOR CERTAIN. Like you, family members and myself have heard various stories about the carpet. Some of the information was indeed posted on the web by volunteer PI's.

2) If they argued against providing files because there is a '75% chance of prosecution' then at least that must mean they are admitting they are now quite sure that she was killed and that she did not runaway or commit suicide. Have they clarified what changed their mind on this?

No, the family HAS NEVER BEEN TOLD why the NHSP changed their theory FROM suicide/run-away TO foul play.

The last media LE interview given re: Maura was by LT. Scarinza, head of NHSP Troop F, for the 20/20 broadcast. Without checking notes, I believe that 20/20 special aired in very early 06. The NHSP and Attorney General's office refuse to comment further......otherwise 20/20 would have included any updated LE comments in the recent 8/15/08 updated airing of Maura's vanishing....Fred, Maura's father, presented the only updated information in that recent special.

Maybe I'm overlooking this detail, but what year was Maura's Saturn? My car was a 1996 Honda Accord, and both my driver's side and passenger airbags deployed in my accident, although I was the only person in my car.

It's a 1996 Saturn. It's on the report, but hard to find. Theirs are so different than ours here in CT.

I was just checking in on this case. Still nothing new.... :(

I have not read all the posts on here but was this girl brought up again ,I am assuming its again because on sat night thats what 48 hours mystery was about this girl and another girl that went missing and about how the parents of the too girls connected and helped one another deal with each case ..

Veteran of the old forum on the MaruaMurraymissing website, just checking in. Still hoping for the best!!!

Bob

Not sure if we can post links to this site or not
http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com

Maura Murray is after Brandy Hall.

Well, if anything it is interesting. I have to wonder how much the Astrologer knows about the cases before she does their charts. She has to have general understanding but the more details she has the more they are going to cloud her objectivity.

It is a nice thought that she is alive and well somewhere. Of course, I am very skeptical of the whole 'forensic' astrology thing.

Any chance we might be able to help petition and get some of these documents released by law enforcement? I'm honestly not sure how that works, and it appears someone said above that they don't have to release them until the case is closed ... but if they *would* release them, people here at WS may be able to start from the top and look at it objectively. I just found this case through someone's signature link, and it breaks my heart.

I am wondering if there is perhaps something going on with this case right now. Information online on the case has been taken down in a few places and there have been references in a few places that imply possible police involvement in the crime. I REALLY hope there is a breakthrough going on behind the scenes.

I am very interested in the fact that the car damage does not match the accident report or the scene. Clearly something happened to that car besides just going off road right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel