NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Certainly seems like a very mean hoax.

As someone who lives in the area I can tell you that those MassLive message boards are very unreliable sources of information.

People have done worse things... does anyone remember that case where someone randomly called the parents of a missing girl and claimed they were her? The girl was killed by a serial killer months earlier. The person who made the call gained absolutely nothing from gaining the call, it was just a "joke" to them.

NH may get cold case unit

Supporters of establishing a cold case unit to investigate unsolved homicides and missing person cases hope they took one step closer yesterday to getting a proposal past the Senate.
The Senate Judiciary Committee heard testimony from the bill's prime sponsor and several others who say such a unit could bring justice to families who have grieved for years about the unsolved murder of a loved one.
John Healy, a former state trooper, said he and several other private investigators have been working to solve the 2004 disappearance of Maura Murray, a case now believed to be a homicide.
After two searches of a wooded area in Haverhill, N.H., where Murray's car went off the road, searchers found two pieces of possible evidence, he said. That evidence, which Healy wouldn't describe, is now in the hands of the state attorney general's office.
"This case needs attention, it needs special attention so the evidence doesn't go cold," Healy said.
He said about 10 private investigators have been working on the Murray case pro bono.

More at link.

http://www.eagletribune.com/punewsnh/local_story_121020508.html?keyword=topstory

Today, Monday, May 4th, Maura would have celebrated her 27th birthday.

My thoughts and prayers for Maura and all who love her!

I do wonder what evidence they found that leads them to now believe that Maura was murdered. This case has baffled me and I just wish for some answers for the family.

Today, Monday, May 4th, 2009, Maura Murray would have celebrated her 27th birthday.

Maura has been missing for more than 5 years. She went missing on Monday, February 9, 2004, near Haverhill, New Hampshire.

I am still missing something, it seems. There really is no proof that what Miss Ella said is wrong. It really seems unless one says the family line, one can't post an opinion. There does seem just as much for her leaving voluntarily as foul play. And I have been on it since the beginning. I have read all of this board, all of the MM site board (the old one) most of the Topix, articles, etc. I have two binders of material on this case. For several reasons, it is on of the ones I am most interested in. It is a shame that this seems to be of the few cases that can never be truly discussed.

Hi Medusa - I know this was posted like two months ago but I just wanted to say that I don't anyone was attacking Ella for what she believed. It was the fact that she kept stating what she believed, her own opinion, as FACT. She was speculating, as we all do, but she was trying to say that certain things were facts when they aren't facts.

For Example She said:
I believe that her father chooses to believe the foul play theory, because the alternative is just too aweful to bare... Fact!

Well, that isn't a fact. To preface something with 'I believe' and end it with 'FACT!' doesn't make a lot of sense.

It is usually people like Ella who stiffle and stagnant message boards because they believe with no real evidence to back up those beliefs that what they think is the only truth and are unwilling to listen or consider any other alternatives.

Unfortunately there are very little facts for us to do on in Maura's disappearence that is why we need to keep an open mind.

May 9, 2009

Maura Murray has been missing 5 years and 3 months today.

Too long and so sad.

Praying for Maura and all who love her.

May 9, 2009

Maura Murray has been missing 5 years and 3 months today.

Too long and so sad.

Praying for Maura and all who love her.

I can't believe it's been five years. It seems like yesterday when I first heard about this case. I was so sure it would be resolved -- maybe not with the result her family hoped for -- but I was sure that the circumstances would eventually be known. I've watched this case because I have New Hampshire ties and Maura seems like someone I would have liked to have known. How sad -- my heart goes out to the family.

Bump...
there is a wealth of information on this missing person case to allow it to go cold, so I am bumping it.

Bumping for Maura. I know there is nothing new to report. The thread over at Topix has been very busy lately with several posts a day. Unfortunately you have to weed through all the name-calling and unnecessary attacks on other posters, etc, etc to gleam much information at all. Beagle posts all the time and tries really hard to give off the impression he/she knows what happened to Maura but of course is all evasive and says that they have been threatened and attacked for what they have said on the board. While compelling to read I take everything said over there with a HUGE boulder of salt.

Someone on the Topix board did mention that an hour before Maura got the phone call at work that distressed her another student was found in the parking lot after a hit and run accident. I don't know if they are related in any way but it is interesting timing.

Bumping this thread along. Followed the case almost from the beginning, hopeful for an outcome soon.

Bob

This is Jenni Brook's website - one of Maura's friends http://www.jennibrooks.com/live/ When you go there, a song automatically plays that she wrote for Maura. You may have heard of this before as it was previously posted on the site but in case not, it's really beautiful and touching...and I'd love to find her for her family. I think of her father and how the anniversary has recently passed and him still at the location with signs hoping someone will finally remember something so he can bring his daughter home.

does anyone know why NH LE is now investigating this case as a homicide? I've followed it for years, and this is the first I've heard of LE actually acknowledging foul play. What is the evidence that made them change their minds, I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay