NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys and gals, not but about 20 minutes after i posted here, I went back and looked at his blog and it has been updated with some good info, both about how he is approaching this case and also about Maura and the incident with her supervisor. He posted a picture of the melleville (sp) dorm that maura worked at as well.

I would say this guy is legit.

is this the link to that guys page that you guys are talking about?? http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

What updates have there been? I really don't want to read through the 500 and something replies to find out..Anything new or really interesting that was found out or posted?? If someone could update me that would be awesome! Thanks again!!

is this the link to that guys page that you guys are talking about?? http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

What updates have there been? I really don't want to read through the 500 and something replies to find out..Anything new or really interesting that was found out or posted?? If someone could update me that would be awesome! Thanks again!!

Jessica, Look up just a few posts and you will see it it is a facebook link to a blog

Yes you have the link

Jessica, Look up just a few posts and you will see it it is a facebook link to a blog

okay I think I have the right link then..Have there been any new updates since the Disappeared show where it featured her? I'm going to go through and read what's on that website a little bit later it looks rather long lol. I really hope they do a book on her I will definitely be reading it!!! Her case is so puzzling and bizzarre..

Guys and gals, not but about 20 minutes after i posted here, I went back and looked at his blog and it has been updated with some good info, both about how he is approaching this case and also about Maura and the incident with her supervisor. He posted a picture of the melleville (sp) dorm that maura worked at as well.

I would say this guy is legit.

He interviewed M's shift supervisor about the troubling phone call and ends the entry with this shocker: "She has never spoken to detectives working the case."

If that's true, wow!

I'm giving this guy the benefit of the doubt.

He interviewed M's shift supervisor about the troubling phone call and ends the entry with this shocker: "She has never spoken to detectives working the case."

If that's true, wow!

Yeah, I thought that too.

I think this also proves once and for all that there was no second phone call that many stories have come out with referring too.

The only thing missing from what he put on his blog wast that the supervisor had discovered that Maura had lied to her and told her she had a roommate. That is the only reason the supervisor didn't stay longer with Maura that night she walked Maura back to the dorm.

Once again, here is an actual statement from the supervisor that I uncovered back on the web from 2006 concerning that night. It mostly lines up with what James has posted on his blog.

3-1-06 Kmayotte posted: I first wanted to thank Sharon for responding to Pike's comments regarding the supervisor who spoke to Maura the last night of work. I am the supervisor, as well as Maura's good friend, and that night will not leave my mind. Please do not assume that I did not help Maura, because reading the recent post was upsetting. I love Maura, and I did everything in my power to help her. I held her as she was crying, I walked her back to her room, I gave her my cell phone (number) so I could bring her to Dunkin Donuts in the morning. Previous to that I had begged to bring her to a campus counselor, or just out to Dunkins that night when she got out of shift. She told me that she was okay, and that she would be going home to a roommate (which I never realized beforehand that she had a single room). After Maura headed up to her room I did call my boss, telling him of the situation and that I did not like leaving her in such a condition. I was unable to go up to her dorm room because my walkie talkie gear would of not gotten a signal in the tower that she lives in. Pike also wondered why I did not call her parents...I do not have access to her personal information, and I was only friends with her on a work-related atmosphere. The next morning I woke up ready to take Maura to Dunkins, however I could not get in contact with her and I had a five year old son at home with a flu. I hope this post allows people to realize I did the most I could for my friend. I love Maura, and it is relieving to read up on all the posts of caring friends and family.

Ugh! Oh, no, going back to the days leading up to MM taking off.....
unless someone has knowledge that MM was followed when she left Amherst, or that she told someone before leaving, "you know, I going to go to Haverhill and do the "old squaw walk" - then going over details, and even finding new details of what set her off on her trip seems like just so much spinning our wheels for nothing.

I'm one who believes that whatever happened to MM, happened to her in Haverhill and my focus would be on what happened when she stopped for gas there, what happened in the minutes after the SBD spoke and left her at her car....

Ugh! Oh, no, going back to the days leading up to MM taking off.....
unless someone has knowledge that MM was followed when she left Amherst, or that she told someone before leaving, "you know, I going to go to Haverhill and do the "old squaw walk" - then going over details, and even finding new details of what set her off on her trip seems like just so much spinning our wheels for nothing.

I'm one who believes that whatever happened to MM, happened to her in Haverhill and my focus would be on what happened when she stopped for gas there, what happened in the minutes after the SBD spoke and left her at her car....

There is absolutely no way one cannot rule out that maura wasn't suicidal, therefore it would be kind of pertinent to know why she was (Suicidal) or if she was. Until that is known for sure, the events leading up to her randomly taking off, loading up on alcohol and heading for a secluded and serene area ... are very much relevant.

There is absolutely no way one cannot rule out that maura wasn't suicidal, therefore it would be kind of pertinent to know why she was (Suicidal) or if she was. Until that is known for sure, the events leading up to her randomly taking off, loading up on alcohol and heading for a secluded and serene area ... are very much relevant.

On page 85 of the SOCO article I was impressed by what PI O'Connell and his team of experts (named on that page) who have been investigating the case for the past 2 1/2 years pro bono at the request of FM.
In effect they say, she didn't run away, she didn't commit suicide, she was taken against her free will.. better to read the article...

Link to SOCO article:
http://issuu.com/soco/docs/april11?...=76&AID=10829131&PID=4169795&SID=5cpu9bps5ul8

I have read the SOCO article and the theory from that article is that someone placed a rag in maura's tailpipe. The problem with that theory is that Fred Murray said the rag came from his daughters trunk (emergency kit). How and when would a complete stranger gain access to Maura's trunk and if by some miracle they did (Without her knowing) why on earth would they be looking for a rag?

I just don't buy that theory. I do like the fact that the article points out that Maura had a full tank of gas (means she had to stop somewhere not too far from where she went missing for gas) that is something not many of the previous articles had touched up on.

But lets face some facts, these investigators hired by the family are kind of like someone having an expert witness in a court case. they are going to attest to the interests of their client. If their client believes Maura was absolutely not suicidal then they are not going to pursue that, because they wouldn't be on the case very long if they did. (just the way it is)

"How and when would a complete stranger gain access to Maura's trunk and if by some miracle they did (Without her knowing) why on earth would they be looking for a rag?"

It has been stated her vehicle was not operating properly.

Perhaps she,

1) Encountered vehicle problems at the gas station and help was offered to her, with the possibility access to the trunk area was granted at this time.

2) Encountered vehicle problems after she left the gas station with the possibility access to the trunk area was granted at this time.

I have read the SOCO article and the theory from that article is that someone placed a rag in maura's tailpipe. The problem with that theory is that Fred Murray said the rag came from his daughters trunk (emergency kit). How and when would a complete stranger gain access to Maura's trunk and if by some miracle they did (Without her knowing) why on earth would they be looking for a rag?

I just don't buy that theory. I do like the fact that the article points out that Maura had a full tank of gas (means she had to stop somewhere not too far from where she went missing for gas) that is something not many of the previous articles had touched up on.

But lets face some facts, these investigators hired by the family are kind of like someone having an expert witness in a court case. they are going to attest to the interests of their client. If their client believes Maura was absolutely not suicidal then they are not going to pursue that, because they wouldn't be on the case very long if they did. (just the way it is)

Interesting the different impressions we have from the SOCO article... so be it.

I thought the rag in the tailpipe was just one of a number of theories mentioned in the article.

I really don't know too much about this case other than seeing the show Disappeared. My first impression is that Maura was planning on meeting someone at a hotel room and that is why she purchased so much alcohol. Based on what they showed that she bought at the liquor store it didn't strike me that she was buying all of that liquor just for herself. I was thinking she was going to meet a boyfriend or new male friend. I also don't understand why she would get so upset from having a wreck. Why would she be so upset over that unless she was scared to tell her father.

There are no emails or phone calls to support any secret friend. How did she correspond with him to make plans to meet him in NH? Also, why would she bother to make it a secret? Her boyfriend was miles away.

JMO

If that's true, wow!

Well, remember that NH state police never interviewed condo owners that Maura talked to on the phone about renting their condo during her trip. It was Maura's boyfriend's mother who contacted her a year later. So nothing would surprise me.

Well, remember that NH state police never interviewed condo owners that Maura talked to on the phone about renting their condo during her trip. It was Maura's boyfriend's mother who contacted her a year later. So nothing would surprise me.

Gotta wonder if after all these years anything important enough to solve or move this case forward can be learned by going back to those around her before she left on that fateful trip.... Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying this sort of investigation is wrong to do, since it does generate media attention to MM's plight.

What are the things that could be learned from those who knew her or where around her before she took off?

1) MM told someone she was running away to commit suicide.

2) Someone knows of someone who was stalking or followed MM on her trip and possibly did her in.

3) MM was simply looking to get away for a break and was planning to come back.

The problem with getting this sort of info is if it only comes from a single source... questions then arise why didn't this person come forward previously....

It is at least possible that Maura might have intended to meet someone up there and the plans were made in person--or that the plans were made well BEFORE the date she left for NH. (All of us probably have such plans for July or August right now). Most people in my life are not aware that I am travelling for a wedding, a family reunion, etc. In that case, there may not be phone records or email.

Such a person (either male or female) may have decided not to get involved once Maura disappeared (married man? someone else playing hooky from work or school who didn't want to get in trouble? Another boyfriend who didn't want to hurt Billy? I don't think such a person could have been responsible for her disappearance or there would have been a cell phone record of a "come rescue me call."

Just a few thoughts.BTW, nice cat, Old Steve!

It is at least possible that Maura might have intended to meet someone up there and the plans were made in person--or that the plans were made well BEFORE the date she left for NH. (All of us probably have such plans for July or August right now). Most people in my life are not aware that I am travelling for a wedding, a family reunion, etc. In that case, there may not be phone records or email.

Such a person (either male or female) may have decided not to get involved once Maura disappeared (married man? someone else playing hooky from work or school who didn't want to get in trouble? Another boyfriend who didn't want to hurt Billy? I don't think such a person could have been responsible for her disappearance or there would have been a cell phone record of a "come rescue me call."

Just a few thoughts.BTW, nice cat, Old Steve!

I could be wrong, but my impression is that her visit to NH was impulsive, which would mean she had no plans to meet anyone.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member