Found Deceased NI - Noah Donohoe, 14, North Belfast, 21 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Awful news. RIP Noah, and thanks to everyone here who kept us updated, especially you locals who must be feeling very sad today.

I’m not really sure what a storm drain is though. I googled, and there seems to be different types. Does anyone know what this storm drain might look like?

**NOAH DONOHOE**
Devastated for Fiona and the Donohoe family. A sad end to this six-day search. Work by @CommunityRescue, police and the community was heroic, to say the least. Thanks to everyone who shared relevant information and helped in whatever they could. RIP Noah. @BelTel

4E4AC91F-5B57-4EC4-81D0-AFF3FCBFE44A.jpeg AB21E9CD-1A52-45DE-8E06-589927E61010.jpeg

https://twitter.com/kscott_94/status/1276884858690834435?s=21

A storm drain?! I know the area well, I can't think of any storm drains a person could just fall into.

This is what I’ve heard David from a friend who grew up there. I can only think of 2 types of storm drains around Belfast and don’t understand how you could get down one. Will have to wait for more info I guess. Hope the autopsy and examination of Noah’s electronic devices provide lots of answers for his family.

I am sorry that my questions about drugs was offensive, I didn't mean to imply that he took drugs, I was just trying to figure out what would make a 14 year old boy take off all his clothes and ride his bicycle away. I have worked with head injured children all my professional life and I have never seen that behavior so quickly after a possible head injury. It is seen when a child is on the mend, first coming out of a coma, being agitated and disoriented etc. He was described as riding away naked, I don't think he would lose all his clothes in a struggle maybe his shirt or jacket, but his underwear too?
I guess I didn't do such a good job separating my questions from the child himself and I apologize.

Respectfully, have you ever witnessed a child suffering a Stroke as it happens?

No, not a stroke in a child as young as he. I worked mostly with blunt trauma to the head, like going through a windshield, or being hit in the head with a baseball bat or driven ball. Or falling off a bicycle, but usually the child did not have a helmet on.
If he was having a stroke, usually there is one sided weakness and visual disturbances and vomiting and he would become progressively more lethargic. Those are the most common symptoms, I would be surprised that he could balance and ride a bicycle if he was in the middle of having a stroke, though.
All that is to say that I am stymied as to what may have precipitated his behavior.

This site mentions a storm drain project on York St near York Rd. It’s absolutely massive. It might not be where he was found but it gives you an idea of the huge scale of some drains.

Belfast York Street Storm Drain Project - Shaft Sinking Ireland

Yes I seen that article, it’s good. Got impression from it though that any tunnelly sort of entrances wouldn’t be in areas Noah either disappeared or was found in, more around area he fell off bike. It’s definitely not something I know anything about though. Been searching for local cases of kids entering the system. Haven’t found any so far.

Yes I seen that article, it’s good. Got impression from it though that any tunnelly sort of entrances wouldn’t be in areas Noah either disappeared or was found in, more around area he fell off bike. It’s definitely not something I know anything about though. Been searching for local cases of kids entering the system. Haven’t found any so far.
If he had gone into the water upstream, could he have been washed downstream in the drain system? Which way does the water flow?

Yes myself and a few others from NI
I think I encountered a few of you from the Ana case, although not exactly the same area I'm sure (like myself) you have links. I really hope this is a case of perhaps a young lad who has been intoxicated for the first time'ish' (which is what I have seen some suggest) and not foul play (which I have also seen others suggest).

Edit- my awful spelling

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CWM227