GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THe more things change, the more they stay the same. When I was in high school in the early 90s, our "inner city" school had more than its fair share of violence (gang related and not), including knifings and shooting, and yes, some over things as small as sneakers, an expensive coat, looking at someone the "wrong way", etc.

In suburbia, maybe it's things like wanting your daughter to be the best cheerleader, killing to "see what it's like", getting rid of a parent who is keeping you from a boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. but it happens there too, for reasons just as fleeting and meaningless.

Always has, always will. Nothing has changed, times are not worse than they were. All this has happened before, and it will all happen again, unfortunately. :(

I think I have (finally) found the screenshot of the FB postings.

I am intrigued as to how the mum of the suspects would work out that her kids were responsible, based on the apparently innocuous postings.

What I am seeing is one saying not to contact him because he is out, then another 5 hours later saying he is back and ready to chill.

Am I looking at the wrong thing?
I found that too. I read somewhere that the incriminating post(s) were deleted but that somewhere someone has a print screen copy. I'd also like to know. That can't be all there is.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...r_liked_Find_Autumn_Pasquale_Facebook_pa.html
This article states the older brothers school. It is an alternative/special needs school.

That school is for students who need the greatest levels of support. First, it operates on a tuition basis, meaning the sending school district pays the school to take on the child. Around here these types of schools are extremely expensive - tuition for students that my district has sent to that school STARTS at $33,000. Also, federal special education regulations require that special-needs students be educated in the "least restrictive environment," so the goal is to keep students in the regular school and not send them out of district if at all possible.

All this makes me think the suspect who is said to attend the special school has capital-P Problems of some sort.

I have just read an article about two teens being arrested for killing Autumn for her bike. What is the world coming to? Why would you take an innocent child's life for A bike? I will never understand the evil acts some commit.

R.I.P Autumn so sorry your life was cut short.

For some reason I dont believe the bike story!
I do believe they stole bike parts for a career but I dont think thats the case here
I think they are using that to cover up something a tad more sinister. All JMO

<modsnip>
All JMO

As a single mom of 3, (2 off in college) I have to leave my kids at home alone more than I like. He has a cell phone, a big mean dog, and do I worry? Sure. Do I like to do it? No. Do we need to eat and a have roof over our heads? Sure. That said, I feel so much for the mother of these boys. What guts and heart to do the right thing.

I wonder this though: had the tip not come in, would those trash bins have been emptied and we'd still be looking for Autumn. Know what I mean? Would the trash have been checked? Huge manpower issue, I know, but in so many of these cases the victims are in the trash.

I'll be praying for Autumn's family hard and heavy. How would you expect something like this??

snipped and bbm

I can't help but wonder stuff bc they didn't run & they did turn themselves in. They could have forced an indictment. Instead it seems they turned themselves to either do the right thing or to earn point for a lighter sentence. Even if they are tried as adults & get 28, they turned themselves in & provided with not getting in trouble in jail, they could get out in 10. Tried as juvies & its much much lighter.

:what: Oh God I hope not!

That school is for students who need the greatest levels of support. First, it operates on a tuition basis, meaning the sending school district pays the school to take on the child. Around here these types of schools are extremely expensive - tuition for students that my district has sent to that school STARTS at $33,000. Also, federal special education regulations require that special-needs students be educated in the "least restrictive environment," so the goal is to keep students in the regular school and not send them out of district if at all possible.

All this makes me think the suspect who is said to attend the special school has capital-P Problems of some sort.

I don't know that term, can you explain? Thank you :)

if a father (or mother) is too self centred and selfish to spend time with their children and teaching their children good values then yes then those children are better off without him or her in their lives. Generally speaking though its better for children to have good input from both parents wouldn't you agree?

If a mother or father is gentle or lax toward disciplining boys when young then by the time they are teens they often tower over their mothers and can be quite domineering and impossible to control as they are stronger physically.

Yes there are plenty of successful happy well balanced children and adults who were raised in single parent homes, IMO it depends on the commitment of each parent towards their parental duties.

The point being that if the father had been actively involved in raising his boys with love, respect for themselves and others, discipline and consistancy then there would be more chance that we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I am a single parent of a 19 and 15yr old....I have been for 10yrs and their dad lives 500 miles away. He sees them twice a year. Once in the summer and once at christmas. With that said, my kids have been rarely supervised and spent many many many hours alone as I work full time 50+ hours a week.

My kids have rarely been disciplined and probably do walk over me just a little bit. Sure I'm lax most the time especially with my 15yr old mostly because it's just not worth the fight most the time. They have had EVERY OPPORTUNITY to do the WRONG things.

BUT LET ME SAY THIS.....they know if they take the wrong fork in the road, they will feel the wrath of a fury they don't want to see. We were talking about this case last night and my son asked "would you turn me in?" and my reply was "i would walk your *advertiser censored* to the police station myself" Every house hold is different. Single parent or not, kids do "go bad". But when parents give up the fight is where the system is broken. jmo.

I don't know that term, can you explain? Thank you :)

Sorry about my highly-technical term "problems" :) I just meant to say that if the one suspect does attend that special school as reported in the article, he most likely has serious problems emotionally/behaviorally/developmentally (or some combination of those). Schools don't send their students to that school willy-nilly.

Sorry about my highly-technical term "problems" :) I just meant to say that if the one suspect does attend that special school as reported in the article, he most likely has serious problems emotionally/behaviorally/developmentally (or some combination of those). Schools don't send their students to that school willy-nilly.

we call them "charter schools" in Texas

"Together, we can promote lifelong access and opportunity for all individuals within the autism spectrum."
http://www.gcsssd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=27710&type=d

THe more things change, the more they stay the same. When I was in high school in the early 90s, our "inner city" school had more than its fair share of violence (gang related and not), including knifings and shooting, and yes, some over things as small as sneakers, an expensive coat, looking at someone the "wrong way", etc.

In suburbia, maybe it's things like wanting your daughter to be the best cheerleader, killing to "see what it's like", getting rid of a parent who is keeping you from a boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. but it happens there too, for reasons just as fleeting and meaningless.

Always has, always will. Nothing has changed, times are not worse than they were. All this has happened before, and it will all happen again, unfortunately. :(

I think peoples perceptions are that times are worse because of how quickly the news is seen or heard all around the world, its almost instantaneous. Where years ago news was much slower to spread due to distance and methods of getting that news out.

If we were to compare the populations to the number of crimes over the last 100 years I think we would probably feel safer in some ways.

Thank you! Got it.

"Together, we can promote lifelong access and opportunity for all individuals within the autism spectrum."
http://www.gcsssd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=27710&type=d

Maybe one of them has Asperger syndrom? (my speculation only)

Agreed. I have one special needs son and 2 children with an iep in the same county as this school. Our home schools will do Everyyyything possible to keep them there. Transferring them out is the last option. I have no idea what his issues are, but there is def something going on that he even attends that school.

I vaguely remember they said at the press conference that there will be another one at 10pm. Is that correct? Did it happen? And if so does someone have a link to the video or transcription?

I've been silently following along. I took a little sanity break after following Jessica Ridgeway.
My husband often asks why I would read these horror stories. Some days I just have no good answer.

R.I.P Beautiful Autumn. May the universe help her family, and all who knew her thru this.
Kudos to the mom who turned her boys in.

Zero, thank you for being there. Wishing you peace.

we call them "charter schools" in Texas

OT: I work at a charter school, and while it does have students with special needs, it is a 'regular' school. I guess there can be charter schools just for kids with emotional disturbances and/or behavioral disorders, but I don't think the term 'charter' is synonymous with alternative schools.

It's possible they were strangling her, but she was taking too long to die (UGH sick) so they bashed her in the head. :( When they do the autopsy, they can determine if there are fingernails marks on her neck to see if she was conscious when the strangulation was happening.

MO I think it looks more like a choke slam. Someone posted a great reference earlier

From Autumn's Press Conference :(

OT: I work at a charter school, and while it does have students with special needs, it is a 'regular' school. I guess there can be charter schools just for kids with emotional disturbances and/or behavioral disorders, but I don't think the term 'charter' is synonymous with alternative schools.

i could be wrong then....i thought charter schools were where the students go that can't focus emotionally and acedemically in public school. We have alt school too where the trouble makers go.....we also have a high school that is for accelerated instruction with night classes. I know several students that attend that school too. Mostly because they are preggers or having a lot of social problems in the public school and just wanna get out earlier than their peers.

As a single, overworked and stressed out mother I seriously beg to differ.
A fatherless home didn't make those punks go out and murder a 12 year old for her bike. :banghead:

Agreed. Last I remember the Columbine plunks came from two parent homes as did the Gabbie Gifford shooter and Holmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes