Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No sex, so it has to be over the bike.

Like I previously said - this isn't a cheap $150 bike from Walmart. Odyssey parts are expensive, even if used.

WOW. You're not joking.

$249.99 for a wheel?!

You can customize for optimum performance: Grips ($6.99-$20), tires (avg $30-$40), Cassette Driver ($50), $70 rims, $75 'Stems', 'Hubs' for $130+...

I have no idea what half of those things are...but these are priced for cars.

If they did indeed intend to rob her of bike, then they probably did intend to kill her; otherwise she would tell who took her bike.

Good point... I was hoping for SOME humanity, I guess. Maybe they were just going to trade her down parts, lying about the value, but she knew better? They tried to intimidate her and she ran, screamed, threatened to tell....

Dear Lord, I'm going to dream about this. That's not even an iota of what Autumn's family has to go through.

Two different houses. They lived in the one house where she was murdered, but the house next door was abandoned, so that's where they parked the recycle bin with her body in it for pick up.

If the recycling bin was outside the house it seems odd LE did not search it when they were looking for Autumn. Unless the body was moved there later.

Or why the dogs did not lead LE to either house or the bin. I wonder if they had cadaver dogs bc wouldn't the dogs go right to that bin, if that bin was outside,. Or scent dogs would have tracked her to the suspects house and stopped there.

Maybe they did not move the body to the bin till later after LE did the searching, which means the body had to have been in that house somewhere,

I wasn't aware until tonight when I followed a link that the victim and the perps were different races. So I know for me, that's not even a cosideration. There was a missing, and dead 12 year old girl and 2 teenaged boys were arrested for killing her. That's all I care about.

Very well said! I can't even put in to words how much I agree with this post. I felt exactly the same way when I was reading about "different races", and before I had even caught up on the thread properly- I had no idea that they were a different race but like you have said, it does not matter to me at all either, they murdered an innocent 12 year old girl. Justice needs to be served to it's fullest.
JMO.

WOW, just WOW! I have spent my whole working day trying to sneak on here just to catch up on this thread. Now I actually have time to sit and read, and reply - I am just speechless. I am so disgusted. I do have to say that I am truly stunned and cannot imagine what the boys' mother would be feeling, she is a courageous woman for doing the right thing, and lets remember that she is a victim too. My heart really does go out to Autumn's family. Argh I wish I could put in to words what I want to say but I just can't seem to right now. Far outtt. :banghead: :banghead:

Fatherless homes led by overworked stressed out Mothers is what is wrong our society today.

As a single, overworked and stressed out mother I seriously beg to differ.
A fatherless home didn't make those punks go out and murder a 12 year old for her bike. :banghead:

If the recycling bin was outside the house it seems odd LE did not search it when they were looking for Autumn. Unless the body was moved there later.

Or why the dogs did not lead LE to either house or the bin. I wonder if they had cadaver dogs bc wouldn't the dogs go right to that bin, if that bin was outside,. Or scent dogs would have tracked her to the suspects house and stopped there.

Maybe they did not move the body to the bin till later after LE did the searching, which means the body had to have been in that house somewhere,

It's possible, anything is possible. I don't think they have released when they put Autumn in the recycle bin or when they took the recycle bin out to the curb for pick up. They may have had her in it and had the bin in the back yard.

I suppose at some point, all these details will be known to us. As to why the mother didn't smell something in the house, or where they kept Autumn's body until they took it to the street in the bin. Maybe we'll get answers as to why she was missed in the search earlier in the day......unless that grid hadn't been searched yet. They had over 200 volunteers out there looking for her but I don't think they were able to cover all the area they needed to in that one day. That could be why she wasn't found earlier. JMO

As a single, overworked and stressed out mother I seriously beg to differ.
A fatherless home didn't make those punks go out and murder a 12 year old for her bike. :banghead:

maybe not but if their father had been actively involved in their upbringing, discipline and activities they might not have committed murder.

I mean no disrespect to any single or seperated parent, I am a seperated mum myself but my ex and I have always put our differences aside and worked together for our daughters wellbeing. My mother on the other hand refused to let me know my father and us children were subjected to physical and emotional abuse, not excusing her behaviour but I think the stress and strain of trying to look after 5 children on her own made her snap a lot of times.

maybe not but if their father had been actively involved in their upbringing, discipline and activities they might not have committed murder.

I mean no disrespect to any single or seperated parent, I am a seperated mum myself but my ex and I have always put our differences aside and worked together for our daughters wellbeing. My mother on the other hand refused to let me know my father and us children were subjected to physical and emotional abuse, not excusing her behaviour but I think the stress and strain of trying to look after 5 children on her own made her snap a lot of times.

There is a difference between a good father and a bad father. Your ex is apparently a good father. If a father hasn't seen his kids in 5-7 years and lives in the neighborhood? They are probably better off without him in their lives.

I know many single parents who have raised successful, happy, well balanced children without the involvement of the other parent. I think the father not being involved has nothing to do with these two criminals killing a beautiful little girl.

Yes, people do kill over bikes. People kill over spare change, stolen parking spots, someone "dissing" them, and sometimes just because they feel like it. Especially when you are talking about young, emotionally immature criminals.

In fact, I'm watching a documentary on Discovery ID right now about an 18 year old kid who murdered 3 people over a car. More specifically-he killed one woman because he wanted her car, and then killed two more people so that he could get the garage clicker. He was executed for it.

No, it's not rational...but it happens every day :(

Those people don't drop the body in their front yard though. It is the level of mind numbing stupidy which is striking, which means that this is not your everyday random act of rage.

There is a difference between a good father and a bad father. Your ex is apparently a good father. If a father hasn't seen his kids in 5-7 years and lives in the neighborhood? They are probably better off without him in their lives.

I know many single parents who have raised successful, happy, well balanced children without the involvement of the other parent. I think the father not being involved has nothing to do with these two criminals killing a beautiful little girl.

if a father (or mother) is too self centred and selfish to spend time with their children and teaching their children good values then yes then those children are better off without him or her in their lives. Generally speaking though its better for children to have good input from both parents wouldn't you agree?

If a mother or father is gentle or lax toward disciplining boys when young then by the time they are teens they often tower over their mothers and can be quite domineering and impossible to control as they are stronger physically.

Yes there are plenty of successful happy well balanced children and adults who were raised in single parent homes, IMO it depends on the commitment of each parent towards their parental duties.

The point being that if the father had been actively involved in raising his boys with love, respect for themselves and others, discipline and consistancy then there would be more chance that we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Sigh.

Good parents have bad things happen to them too. This poor mother should be applauded for doing what the overwhelming majority of perpetrator's families don't do. I cannot imagine the pain many mothers would have over knowing their children are capable of such horror. I would wager she will spend the rest of her days wondering if she could have done anything to prevent this outcome without our input.

As for the condition of the house somehow being relevant to a person's character? I have two dogs, two kids, and a disabled husband. I admittedly live in one of the most neglected houses on our street yet my kids (10 and 12) are not allowed to roam the neighborhood alone, friends are vetted, and I am far beyond overprotective. Time, money, and energy are spent on my family - not my home. I was dealt cards in which I had to choose one or the other and hopefully one day I will be able to make my home pretty - but in the meantime my kiddos know their needs trump my need to paint. :) I cannot even begin to demonstrate how many beautifully cared for homes have housed murderers, rapists, and child abusers in cases I've followed.

JMO and FWIW

we dont know that the mom was home or not that afternoon/ night. I am assuming not since they reported she was killed in the house. She could have been at work and they could have brought it in and stuck it in the basement. If she didnt go down there how could she have known?

Don't know if this has been posted yet (bbm):

During their investigation, the mother of the teens contacted police regarding postings on the Facebook account of one of the suspects, according to officials.

"That gave her the idea that her kids had done it," said one woman. "She said she did the right thing by turning them in. She said her heart goes out to the family more than to her boys right now."

The mother of the boys is a licensed mortician for a funeral home near Atlantic City. Neighbors say she was not at home over the weekend which is when Autumn initially disappeared.

More at http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ers-House-Bike-Autumn-Pasquale-175463891.html

I think I have (finally) found the screenshot of the FB postings.

I am intrigued as to how the mum of the suspects would work out that her kids were responsible, based on the apparently innocuous postings.

What I am seeing is one saying not to contact him because he is out, then another 5 hours later saying he is back and ready to chill.

Am I looking at the wrong thing?

Two different houses. They lived in the one house where she was murdered, but the house next door was abandoned, so that's where they parked the recycle bin with her body in it for pick up.

I think this really shows their age. How they chose to "dispose" of her in the recycling bin for pick up on Monday, OUT THE FRONT of an abandoned house. Seriously??????????

New article kind of made it seem that the older brother was just an accomplish and the 15 year old was the mastermind.

That is what I deduced as well.

Yes on the find autumn page friends commented he was at the vigil last night. I was looking around on fb today and found more than one post by jr lateee sat night.just makes me so angry that autumn was more than likely already in that recycling container at that time :(
You hear it often when crimes are committed that family and friends say they would never have suspected...who WANTS to think a loved one or a friend is capable of such a disgusting thing? :(
(bold italics added by me)

That could certainly be the case, but in articles it seems the boys friends/aquaintences all seem to know the boys trade parts or steal bikes, depending on what article you read. Either way, it sounds like either bike stuff is commonly around the house in the open, or they have a hidey spot mom never checks. Also, do we know if the victim had been in the bin *outside* since Saturday, or had she been stashed in the house with the bike?…

…If mom was only kinda sort of there now and again but not living there for reals, it might explain how (if in fact this is what was happening) the boys had a bike parts fencing business, were comfortable having a 12 year old girl in the house on a Saturday afternoon for a premeditated murder and then keep her in the house until garbage/recycling day Monday (?)
(respectfully snipped for brevity; bold italics added by me)

they haven't released a time of death yet, correct? So… isn't it possible that they held her alive until trash pick-up day? I admit that sounds risky (not to mention horrible), but, frankly none of these brothers' actions have been well thought out, based on what we know.

That would explain why she wasn't found earlier; why there was no smell; and why they identified her so quickly. (ie. she was not very decomposed yet ) just a theory.

I also wanted to add my commendation and thanks to the accused's mother who helped bring them in. We don't often see this, and yes, it's possible someone reminded her that she could face charges herself, but that's not what the news articles and LE are saying. They are thanking her.

I don't always tell my children about these cases. There are too many of them and and it would be too easy for them to get a false and unrealistic impression of the level of risk in their daily life. (which is actually quite low statistically) I don't want to terrify them, but occasionally when I want them to stop and think, I will talk to them about a case. I used this one to explain why I want to know where they are going, and to call when they arrive & when they leave. I also used it to explain why you shouldn't go off meeting people off the Internet. Of course we later learned she knew them and felt safe doing so, but if she had only mentioned where she was going! If it was her habit for her parents to know her whereabouts and destination, perhaps these boys would not have even hoped to get away with this. I don't go off for the day without telling someone where I'll be. Just like I don't use a high outside ladder to get on the roof when I'm home alone - you know? I wait until there's someone else at home to call for help if I fall.

I was surprised at my DH's vehement reaction when I mentioned that the boys' mother had turned them in. I mentioned how awful that must have been for her, and DH said to my boys, "And if I thought you'd done something like that, I wouldn't hesitate a second to turn you in." I'm glad he said it. He made it clear that we wouldn't be covering for them.

It's funny though, because the angle I was taking with the whole talk was how to reduce their risk of being a victim, while DH took the other perspective, how to reduce their risk of being the trouble makers by laying it on the table that it would not be tolerated and was not acceptable. Of course them being the perps never occurred to me!

I had one of those moments where I was very glad there are two of us. He sees things from a different angle.

So, praise and thanks and much sympathy to the mother of those boys. It goes without saying that my heart aches for Autumn's family as well. I'm sure this is unbearable beyond my comprehension. Her birthday will be hell on earth. If only we could undo it, and reset three young lives back on a different path. It was such a pointless loss.

(FWIW, my 12 & 9 YO sons walked together to the library for the first time this summer - it's 4 blocks - they are home schooled, so they scarcely ever leave my side otherwise, unless I drop them off at piano, dance etc. I actually have been wanting them to walk to the library to have a chance to practice some responsibility and independence since they don't spend the school day away from me. The second time they made the trip, some man in a truck pulled over and offered them a ride!! They refused, but they didnt mention it to me until 3 days later. I havent sent them back since. It was very hard for me to grasp that Autumn was completely out of contact for 7 hours.)

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_31094/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=2v7MIAIn&rwthr=0

"We say she moved," D**** said Tuesday night in front of the First Baptist Church on Delsea Drive where more than 1,000 people gathered for the second prayer service in the borough in two days.

"We don't want to say she died," the 12-year-old D*** said.

Oh! Those grieving children. I had a friend who was raped and murdered by a neighbor on her street - the father of her sister's friend- the summer we were 14. It changed me forever. It's almost certainly why I follow these cases. She was never missing, so we never had a chance to hope. Her sister and a house guest were also murdered.

I hope those touched by this are able to reach some peace. If only we could magically transfer all the mental anguish this senseless loss this has caused onto the brothers. If only we could give them the totality of suffering, not just the agony of those closest to her, but the aggregate grief of all of us who were saddened. If only we could give it to those boys and have peace of mind for ourselves and Autumn's friends and family.

I have just read an article about two teens being arrested for killing Autumn for her bike. What is the world coming to? Why would you take an innocent child's life for A bike? I will never understand the evil acts some commit.

R.I.P Autumn so sorry your life was cut short.

I also appreciate the mother for turning in her boys. I am sure that was gut wrenching on so many levels. My heart goes out to her. :heartbeat:

I agree.

We had a kidnapping/rape/murder here of a 5 year old a few years back. Perp was 18. He was turned in by his mom/step-dad. I cannot imagine the pain they would feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf