GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Obviously the family may have information regarding TOD that we don't have. Beyond that I'm even willing to give them a benefit of the doubt as they're still grieving, so they may be speaking with tongues that are sharper than usual.

But, part of me feels that the Police did a good job. They not only had to search and find a missing person, but, due to the ages of those involved, had to constantly battle an onslaught of social media rumors and leaks.

Honestly, the only thing I feel was a mistake was not issuing the Amber Alert. If it did not meet the criteria, then NJ's criteria need to be changed. If it did meet the criteria, then the PD should accept the criticisms being leveled at them.

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_31083/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=SFXEsNXx

“Swift justice, my *advertiser censored*. How about a swift response? ... If they did it right, she would be here with us today." Said Paul
Spadafora

Really????? Now just speculating 100% here but with that statement some could say.....

TOD was not Saturday

JMO

R.I.P. Autumn

This speculation turns my stomach. But would the family members be given TOD information earlier than the press? Is that commonplace?

Obviously the family may have information regarding TOD that we don't have. Beyond that I'm even willing to give them a benefit of the doubt as they're still grieving, so they may be speaking with tongues that are sharper than usual.

But, part of me feels that the Police did a good job. They not only had to search and find a missing person, but, due to the ages of those involved, had to constantly battle an onslaught of social media rumors and leaks.

Honestly, the only thing I feel was a mistake was not issuing the Amber Alert. If it did not meet the criteria, then NJ's criteria need to be changed. If it did meet the criteria, then the PD should accept the criticisms being leveled at them.

I agree 100%

Le was looking for abduction or runaway in the beginning hours. They weren't looking for child killers. Hell people on ws were looking at Y&R and comparing ppl to sketches in previous abduction attempts. Look at the physical evidence that we had. We all were talking like it was an abduction.

R.I.P. Autumn

This speculation turns my stomach. But would the family members be given TOD information earlier than the press? Is that commonplace?

that is what I am wondering. Maybe that was something Uncle Paul was going to share in his PC.

Guidelines for Issuing AMBER Alerts

Every successful AMBER plan contains clearly defined activation criteria. The following guidance is designed to achieve a uniform, interoperable network of plans across the country, and to minimize potentially deadly delays because of confusion among varying jurisdictions. The following are criteria recommendations:

Law Enforcement Confirms an Abduction

AMBER plans require law enforcement to confirm an abduction prior to issuing an alert. This is essential when determining the level of risk to the child. Clearly, stranger abductions are the most dangerous for children and thus are primary to the mission of an AMBER Alert. To allow activations in the absence of significant information that an abduction has occurred could lead to abuse of the system and ultimately weaken its effectiveness. At the same time, each case must be appraised on its own merits and a judgment call made quickly. Law enforcement must understand that a “best judgment” approach, based on the evidence, is appropriate and necessary.

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

R.I.P. Autumn

On Friday, the girl's parents seemed to back off earlier criticism of officials for the way the search was handled in the initial stages.

Jaime Kaigh, a criminal defense lawyer, said he had been hired by the girl's parents and their spouses to help them deal with the case.

He said he does not believe that the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office mishandled the search for Autumn, who was reported missing at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, about nine hours after she was seen riding her bike away from her home.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10/26/nj-girl-murder-pasquale/1659791/

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1659791?articlePage=1

The two exchanged a volley of messages in abbreviated language. He answered, "yeuop." She proclaimed, "Thts sexy!" He responded, "lol thx" and later added: "yess cme 2 my house

They don't mention AMD's post. Prior to cme 2 my house statement that might have been intended for AMD.

R.I.P. Autumn

Did the police ever confirm that her cellphone was taken from the home of the boys?

I really want to know the text information. Around 1:30 p.m. Sat. Autumn "accidentally" forwards "don't be like that" to another friend. Then her last known cell @ 2:27 to an unreleased person was deemed not suspicious, but will not be disclosed.

Autumn apparently spent the night with the friend Friday night that received the accidental text, and admitted texting back and forth early on Saturday. Maybe the friend is not correct in thinking it was accidental. Hard to piece together without knowing what the two talked about that day or even the night before.

The parents in interviews and Autumn's paternal great uncle Paul Spadafora, who served as a family spokesman, said the Prosecutor's Office, the lead agency in the investigation, had botched the search.

Spadafora also called for an investigation by the state Attorney General's Office.

Dalton defended the search, saying law enforcement officials had "poured their hearts and souls into this investigation and worked around the clock to find Autumn."
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...or_meets_with_Autumn_s_family_after_rift.html

bbm: one only has to look at the scanner thread downstairs from the start to see that they did in fact search tirelessly from the very start...

:moo:

Did the police ever confirm that her cellphone was taken from the home of the boys?

I really want to know the text information. Around 1:30 p.m. Sat. Autumn "accidentally" forwards "don't be like that" to another friend. Then her last known cell @ 2:27 to an unreleased person was deemed not suspicious, but will not be disclosed.

Autumn apparently spent the night with the friend Friday night that received the accidental text, and admitted texting back and forth early on Saturday. Maybe the friend is not correct in thinking it was accidental. Hard to piece together without knowing what the two talked about that day or even the night before.

Food for thought. If you got a text from someone that made no sense or wasn't intended for you wouldn't you reply back to it?. Especially at that age. They make a joke out of it like "ohh a butt text"

R.I.P. Autumn

One more thing....

One article stated that the boys were at PS and someone was talking to them prior to there arrest.

They are minors. Anything said during that is inadmissible without parents consent prior to questioning.

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_31083/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=SFXEsNXx

Spadafora claims Nicholas was collecting leads at the downtown command post and turning the information over to the prosecutors office.

According to Spadafora, Nicholas went so far as to speak with Donte and Justin Robinson at the Clayton Police Station. Nicholas asked the Clayton boys to “just tell the truth,” Spadafora claimed, adding the boys walked out of the police station because “up the street,” the prosecutor “had no clue” that the brothers could be involved.
R.I.P. Autumn

I guess the hearing has started. My prediction: prosecuted as juveniles. I really think this was a tragic accident. Kind of a teen "Of Mice and Men".

Hi all, read all the time but usuallly don't have anything to say lol. But I have a couple of questions/comments

Only two reasons that I think would cause the family to question the investigation is
1. They have the preliminary TOD and it is later than we assume and from what I have read here - an earlly tip wasn't followed up on - don't ask me for the link - but someone posted it in here
2. Is it possible that Autumn or one of her friends/family made a call into LE about the stolen bikes after she saw the post on FB (17th?) - maybe she recognized the bike or parts as belonging to someone she knew- and that LE didn't follow up on that. The family could feel that if that is the case then her death could have been prevented.

Food for thought. If you got a text from someone that made no sense or wasn't intended for you wouldn't you reply back to it?. Especially at that age. They make a joke out of it like "ohh a butt text"

R.I.P. Autumn

I hadn't even thought of that and you are 100% correct. No young teen is going to get something strange via text from a friend that they don't respond to.

I guess the hearing has started. My prediction: prosecuted as juveniles. I really think this was a tragic accident. Kind of a teen "Of Mice and Men".

Yeah not going to happen. Not with JR liking the posts and commenting about the search. Might try to play insanity

R.I.P. Autumn

Hi all, read all the time but usuallly don't have anything to say lol. But I have a couple of questions/comments

2. Is it possible that Autumn or one of her friends/family made a call into LE about the stolen bikes after she saw the post on FB (17th?) - maybe she recognized the bike or parts as belonging to someone she knew- and that LE didn't follow up on that. The family could feel that if that is the case then her death could have been prevented.

If she was killed on Saturday prior to 9:30 nothing would have saved her.

R.I.P. Autumn

In the FB conversation I saw, Autumn was commenting on the "sexy" bike. Those blue rims were on the bike already, so she didn't take them over there..

yeah, i saw some blue rims on what he said was his bike...but i have read in the articles posted in these threads that 1. autmn took a set of blue rims to the boys house that day. 2. the bike that jr said was his was in truth NOT his, nor was the house in the picture of that bike his...i think this is part of the luring charge...i dont think just inviting her over constitutes luring...lying about something to get her over there may be considered luring... that picture of the bike was posted weeks before she went there and since these boys were involved with trading and stealing/selling/fencing high end bmx parts im sure they could find a place to sell another set of blue rims. in many of the articles they say that she was going to trade for box parts...so imo its the blue rims she is reported to have taken over there were what she was going to trade for box parts.moo

Also...regarding the girl who got one of the last text messages...she had been exchanging texts with her all morning. Wouldn't she have mentioned where she was going or wouldn't the other girl have asked?

I don't think it was an accident at all. But I do have an unsettled feeling that the boys will wind up being tried as juveniles.

How long should today's hearing take? What/how much information about it will we get?

I don't think it was an accident at all. But I do have an unsettled feeling that the boys will wind up being tried as juveniles.

How long should today's hearing take? What/how much information about it will we get?

Only thing might get is yes or no. But that can change

R.I.P. Autumn

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member