GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, murdered, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 *teens arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BTW, I agree! I do not blame the parents. They didn't know how unsafe it is out there! We are on Websleuths and see this over and over. Most people do not.

I've been trying to be the town crier in my community on this issue and I'll be honest with you guys, people don't want to hear it! They don't want to think this problem could happen to them. :tears: I understand - I don't want to know how bad it is either. But it IS out there and we need to be more aware!

God bless Autumn's family. My prayers to them. :blowkiss:

Just going off this post. I mentioned on Jessica's thread a girl that my oldest (17 next month) had communicated with for weeks believing her to be 18 only to have to help coach his brother's soccer game one day and discover this girl was a 13yo teammate. I found out about it all when the girl friended me and I asked son who she was since it said we had him as a common friend.

Anyway, her page itself was disturbing given the misrepresentation of her age and the pictures of herself but over the weekend she had some statuses that really worried me. I'm close to her soccer coach so I spoke with him and had him log on as me to get his view on things. He was extremely upset and gave me her mothers number, asking me to let her know what was going on (thinking it might be easier to hear from another mother). Her mom blessed me out! Turns out she is on her daughter's friends list and saw nothing wrong with her page.

It honestly shocks me that anyone can live in a time when social media is so prevalent and fail to recognize the dangers that are out there. It is constantly in our faces and turning a blind eye to it doesn't make it go away. It only makes our children an easier target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small town? Bike?

Shades of our dear little girl Lindsey Baum...missing from Washington state. :tears:

I think the cyber aspect referred to by the DA is going to play a role in this case. This feels like she left the home intent on meeting someone the parents are not aware she has been in contact with.

The only other explanation I can come up with (this early into this unfortunate situation) is her bicycle broke down along the 8 mile 'path' she is thought to have traveled, stranding her somewhere out there in the middle of nowhere, and leaving her vulnerable to a 'helpful' stranger passing by at the time.

Thanks nurse for the transcription! awesome job!!

What I don't understand is, looking at the picture slideshow that was linked up way earlier, in half of the pics she's proudly holding up her phone. Seems to be a very important piece of equipment for her. Now I wonder, the last text was just 2 hours after she left home and after that no ping, no nothing? It seems unlikely to me that she would leave her home to see a friend with an almost empty battery.

What I don't understand is, looking at the picture slideshow that was linked up way earlier, in half of the pics she's proudly holding up her phone. Seems to be a very important piece of equipment for her. Now I wonder, the last text was just 2 hours after she left home and after that no ping, no nothing? It seems unlikely to me that she would leave her home to see a friend with an almost empty battery.

She may have planned to charge her phone once she got to her friend's house. Do we know that the battery went dead or what type of phone?

TIA

I live in a small town and the neighborhood girls are always out until that time, they are 12/13. I think the parents feel a false sense of security since this is a small town and the girls have their cell phones with them. I hope she is found soon.

I wondered about that too but I have a 16yo that sleeps with his phone in his hand and goes thru 36k texts a month while my 12yo only carries his phone when forced and his only texts are to his dad & I to check in when away.

mamacita, new to this board..but i have also been following the scanner thread....anyone not in a grid was told to report to HQ.

the scnner website is down and currently only those that were listening before the outage can hear it

mamacita, new to this board..but i have also been following the scanner thread....anyone not in a grid was told to report to HQ.

the scnner website is down and currently only those that were listening before the outage can hear it

yep! im not able to listen while here at work... just reading what's being transcribed (and refreshing like a mad woman!) *THANK GOODNESS FOR EVERYONE WHO TRANSCRIBES!! :) {{HUGS}}*

PS: WELCOME!!! :)

they just mentioned a juvenile and cooper..not sure if that is related

I have a few questions. I'm new to this one, so sorry if this info is already out there and I missed it.

She left for a friend's at 12:30. She texted with mom around 2:30 (?). Did her friend know she was coming over? Why didn't her friend tell someone she hadn't shown up? What was her curfew?

I do find her facebook presence a bit concerning. Parent needs to be so vigilant with that stuff. Predators are everywhere and we can't be too careful.

long time lurker , but this case hits close to home....like 20 minutes close to home. I have a 13 year old and I just cant imagne...any of this. Prayers for Autumn and her family

I live in a small town and the neighborhood girls are always out until that time, they are 12/13. I think the parents feel a false sense of security since this is a small town and the girls have their cell phones with them. I hope she is found soon.

We live in a small town as well and I know how easy it is to fall into that false sense of security trap.

These recent disappearances (Jessica Ridgeway also) are hitting too close to home as my daughter is around this age. It's very very scary.

omg! the scanner thread!! i think i have a new addiction! if you haven't looked at it ya'll... you should go now!

Yeah... I am already addicted! we may have to go to scanner rehab together! :giggle:

She may have planned to charge her phone once she got to her friend's house. Do we know that the battery went dead or what type of phone?

TIA

Looking at her pics, my son and I are pretty sure that the phone in the pink case is an iPhone (battery life sucks) and the black phone in other pics appears to be a Palm Pre (decent battery life for a smart phone).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cweiss72
Back