Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay at least now we can rule Karen out. I just emailed the detective on Princess Doe’s case a little over a week and a half ago so I wonder if that got them to put the rule out up or something

since you have contact with the detective, have you asked them about any other possible matches - I think Diana Munyon is a strong possibility. Diana Ladene Munyon – The Charley Project

I know Munyon has been suggested several times, but she's not on the exclusions page. Since she has DNA in the system, she's probably an exclusion by default, but it's worth checking.

It's just so crazy she hasn't been identified yet! This one case where I thought she would have her name back by now.

Remembering Warren County's 'Princess Doe' 39 Years Later

princess-doe-grave-2019-blairstown-museum-67402842-2366775210256495-7127734867525107712-n___14112622561.jpg

It will be closing in on four decades on July 15, 2022, as the anniversary of the day an unidentified young woman's dead body with a badly bludgeoned and decomposing face mysteriously appeared in Blairstown's Cedar Ridge Cemetery.
---
"Next year will be 40 years since her body was discovered," said Jeanette Iurato, one of the founders of the Blairstown Museum, who helps to maintain Doe's gravesite. "I continue to hope and pray that one day her headstone will bear her real name."
---
As time marched on in 1982 and her body remained unclaimed in the morgue for six months into early 1983, the people of Blairstown pulled together their financial resources for a proper burial for the girl who they believed was possibly between the ages of 15 to 20. Today, she lays in eternal rest in the Cedar Ridge Cemetery, steps away from where her half-clothed body was found down a wooded embankment on that muggy, summer day.
---
In 2020, the police department received a tip from Iurato and other Blairstown Museum volunteers who found odd items in a box left behind at the grave, which were passed as well to the prosecutor's office for an investigation, Johnsen said.

"It's a high profile case and strange things can happen with it," Johnsen added. "We do follow every lead because you never know."
---
It was on Jan. 22, 1983 that a hearse slowly drove through the snow-covered Cedar Ridge Cemetery, carrying a grey-toned casket covered with a generous floral arrangement. Kranz was one of Doe's pallbearers.

"Dear God our heavenly Father, we gather here before you this afternoon to commit to your care a girl whose birth, life and death remain a mystery to all of us, though they are well known to you,"
---
In 2020, she also found in an online auction the identical skirt that Doe was found in. Though in the past programs with the Blairstown Museum Speirs said the skirt had been traced to a store in Long Island, the one Iurato purchased, which the seller had sold a number of them in the 1980s, was for sale at a flea market in the Poconos, not far from Blairstown.

It's from there that Iurato hopes perhaps Doe purchased it or it's where someone bought it for her.
---
At one of the museum's past memorial events, actress and director Kansas Bowling, who Iurato said has taken an interest in Doe's case and attended, told Iurato that she and director Quentin Tarantino offered to financially help with DNA testing. Obtaining usable DNA from Doe, as well as with the processes as they are now, has remained a difficulty.

Link - Remembering Warren County's 'Princess Doe' 39 Years Later

Edit to add: Anyone know what they are talking about in last paragraph? Is there some difficulty with her DNA? Or? (Edit to add: No need to answer, I have just seen that yes, there are issues with new extractions of hers and Tiger lady DNA as per posts on previous 2 pages)

Would someone be kind to also post here her full rule outs list please?

Last edited:
Current Rule out list from NamUs - I know a few others were ruled out but not listed on NamUs, I will look and try to find it. @Al Ka

I was told by the Blairstown Museum that Kathleen Kelly was ruled out by DNA but she isn't listed in NamUs.. I was convinced it was her.

31 Missing Person Exclusions

MP2387 Karen Kamsch 06/01/1976 Anne Arundel MD
MP2921 Barbara Cotton 04/11/1981 Williams ND
MP25680 Lynn Burdick 04/17/1982 Berkshire MA
MP2392 Laureen Rahn 04/27/1980 Hillsborough NH
MP5247 Mindi Chambers 10/19/1982 Maricopa AZ
MP1189 Katherine Worsky 07/12/1982 Albemarle VA
MP33753 Eva Ridall 05/01/1977 Manatee FL
MP2560 Maria Anjiras 02/12/1976 Fairfield CT
MP4575 Amy Yachimec 11/06/1981 Maricopa AZ
MP8105 Ann Ellinwood 04/16/1978 Benton OR
MP6307 Mary Jo Long 12/27/1981Los Angeles CA
MP6307 Mary Jo Long 12/27/1981 Los Angeles CA
MP5909 Rosemary Calandriello 08/25/1969 Monmouth NJ
MP4575 Amy Yachimec 11/06/1981 Maricopa AZ
MP7091 Emma Vaughn 07/10/1982 Orange FL
MP7914 Dean Pyle Peters 02/05/1981 Kent MI
MP5901 Sandra Butler 06/26/1978 Washoe NV
MP8105 Ann Ellinwood 04/16/1978 Benton OR
MP6307 Mary Jo Long 12/27/1981 Los Angeles CA
MP11891 Deborah Green 05/30/1982 Palm Beach FL
MP8253 Deborah McCall 11/05/1979 DuPage IL
MP6985 Teresa Hammon 05/08/1981 Sacramento CA
MP17932 Debra Vowell 01/24/1979 San Diego CA.
MP7601 Tammy Mahoney 05/08/1981 Madison NY
MP1569 Eleanor Parker 11/10/1981 East Baton Rouge LA
MP4592 Karen Zendrosky 10/22/1979 Mercer NJ
MP2497 Toni McNatt-Chiappetta 11/05/1981 Allegheny PA
MP2538 Donna Barnhill 03/18/1981 Davidson NC
MP1840 Katheryn Quackenbush 07/14/1981 Wicomico MD
MP2907 Michele Reidenbach 09/22/1981 Butler PA
MP8051 JudithOdonnell 11/30/1980 New York NY

I found out from the Blairstown Museum that Kathleen Kelly has been officially ruled out by DNA. This is what they said. For some time, there was speculation that Kathleen "Kathy" Kelly might have been Princess Doe - especially because of the height, weight, and cross pendant. However, Kathy has been ruled out through DNA testing.

They are gave me a list of girls who have officially been ruled out:
) Diane Dye, who went missing from San Jose, California on July 30, 1979.

2) Emma Vaughn, who went missing from Orlando, Florida on July 10, 1982.

3) Leah Jean Van Schoick, who went missing from Plantation, Florida on August 15, 1982.

4) Brenda Louise Condon, who went missing from Spring Township, Pennsylvania on February 27, 1991.

5) Donna Barnhill, who went missing from Lexington, North Carolina on March 18, 1981.

6) Toni McNatt-Chiappetta, who went missing from Clairton, Pennsylvania on November 11, 1981.

7) Judith O’Donnell, who went missing from Baltimore, Maryland on November 30, 1980.

8) Kathryn Quackenbush, who went missing from Delmar, Maryland on July 14, 1981.

9) Teresa Hammon, who went missing from Sacramento, California on May 8, 1981.

10) Michele Reidenbach, who went missing from Zelienople, Pennsylvania on October 6, 1981.

11) Karen Zendrosky, who went missing from Bordentown Township, New Jersey on October 23, 1979.

12) Tammy Mahoney, who went missing from Oneida, New York on May 8, 1981.

13) Eleanor Parker, who went missing from Baton Rouge, Louisiana on November 10, 1981.

14) Debra Vowell, who went missing from Orange County, California on January 24, 1979.

15) Rachael Garden, who went missing from Newton, New Hampshire on March 22, 1980.

16) Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick, who went missing from Columbia Falls, Montana on April 21, 1976.

17) Amy Yachimec, who went missing from Phoenix, Arizona on November 6, 1981.

18) Sandra Butler, who went missing from Sparks, Nevada on June 26, 1978.

19) Kathleen Kelly, who went missing from Springdale, Pennsylvania on May 22, 1981.

20) Barbara Cotton, who went missing from Williston, North Dakota on April 11, 1981.

21) Brenda Crowley, who went missing from Staten Island, New York on February 1, 1980.

22) Maria Anjiras, who went missing from Norwalk, Connecticut on February 12, 1976.

23) Beverli Darnell, who went missing from Miami, Florida on May 1, 1983.

24) Charlotte Kinsey, who went missing from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on September 26, 1981.

25) Mary Opitz, who went missing from Fort Myers, Florida on January 16, 1981.

26) Cinda Pallett, who went missing from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on September 26, 1981.

27) Dean Peters, who went missing from Grand Rapids, Michigan on February 5, 1981.

28) Alma Root, who went missing from Auburn, California on January 1, 1980.

@Al Ka

Here is the list I received in 2019 from the Blairstown Museum

With what is currently known about WCJD in mind (ie. she was reported missing and her family missed her, but her report wasn't in any database), I can't help but question the "Princess Doe was estranged from her family" narrative that helped build the novel and the AMW episode. Didn't they say Princess was well taken care of and it didn't look like she had been abused ? Doesn't really add up with someone who didn't know anyone in the area and would have gone through tough times to me. The location of the body points to her having been killed by a local, and she was grocery shopping at A&P two days before her death, so maybe she knew someone in Blairstown and she was staying at their place ?

I hope WCJD's case can make things move a little bit and motivate people to skim through old missing person reports. I'm almost 100% sure several Doe cases can be resolved this way, especially the ones involving children and teenagers (Bowling Green and Arroyo Grande Does come to mind). It's hard to see someone die when they had life ahead of them and it's even more painful when they spend years unidentified.

Part of me can believe that the Kinlaw's did have something to do with it purely based on Arthur Kinlaw's MO for his previous victims was bludgeoning, Princess Doe was badly beaten. His wife did give a statement that they were involved, but something held LE back from believing her.

But then I think they did not have any ties to the area, the Kinlaws were originally from California, then Long Island. Blairstown then was pretty rural and it still is very much so. If in fact they were coming from LI, the most likely route would have been Route 80 West getting off at Exit 12, continuing down a windy road for several miles (plenty of areas to have left her along this road) continuing to Route 94, going another few miles to find the cemetery. I live in the same County now and travel the area frequently, knowing the roads it just doesn't work in my head, but then again I'm not a murderer..

LE seems to still think Princess Doe was from Long Island, so that part makes sense to me. I'm not familiar with this area, but it looks like it's only about 2.5 hours away. IDK. I'm thinking of how Peggy Lynn Johnson was driven from McHenry, IL, to Raymond, WI to be dumped.

I think it was either someone familiar with the area, someone that knew the cemetery was there. Or someone passing through the immediate area and found the cemetery to be a convenient place. I they traveled from elsewhere with the intention of dumping a body, there are many places closer to rt. 80 ( whether you get off at exit 12 or exit 4) that would be logical and quicker spots.

With what is currently known about WCJD in mind (ie. she was reported missing and her family missed her, but her report wasn't in any database), I can't help but question the "Princess Doe was estranged from her family" narrative that helped build the novel and the AMW episode. Didn't they say Princess was well taken care of and it didn't look like she had been abused ? Doesn't really add up with someone who didn't know anyone in the area and would have gone through tough times to me. The location of the body points to her having been killed by a local, and she was grocery shopping at A&P two days before her death, so maybe she knew someone in Blairstown and she was staying at their place ?

I hope WCJD's case can make things move a little bit and motivate people to skim through old missing person reports. I'm almost 100% sure several Doe cases can be resolved this way, especially the ones involving children and teenagers (Bowling Green and Arroyo Grande Does come to mind). It's hard to see someone die when they had life ahead of them and it's even more painful when they spend years unidentified.

That doesnt surprise me that her missing report was never put into a database. 1966-1986 was an interesting time period in the United States. So many runaways, hitchhikers, abductions, and unidentified. There was so many serial killers on the loose as well (Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Dean Corll, Zodiac Killer, Son of Sam, Paul John Knowles, Bruce Lindahl,etc) This was before the World Wide Web when missing reports were stored on paper so it was easier for things to get lost, misplaced or destroyed.

This article from Weird NJ alleges that Princess Doe may have been murdered for refusing to take part in a prostitution ring.

Princess Doe: New Evidence Arises After More Than 30 Years | Weird NJ

I would really like to know what the tips about her possibly being a housekeeper in Ocean City divulged.

With all the Does getting ID'd, hopefully Princess is next! Is anyone working on her case?

With all the Does getting ID'd, hopefully Princess is next! Is anyone working on her case?
rsbm

Pfeiffer, upon taking office last year, made it a priority to use DNA technology to solve the cold-case homicide of the “Tiger Lady” as well as that of “Princess Doe,” who was found beaten to death on July 15, 1982, in Cedar Ridge Cemetery in Blairstown. “Princess Doe” remains unidentified.
BBM
‘Tiger Lady,’ found slain in 1991, now identified as missing Pa. teen, prosecutor says

That doesnt surprise me that her missing report was never put into a database. 1966-1986 was an interesting time period in the United States. So many runaways, hitchhikers, abductions, and unidentified. There was so many serial killers on the loose as well (Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Dean Corll, Zodiac Killer, Son of Sam, Paul John Knowles, Bruce Lindahl,etc) This was before the World Wide Web when missing reports were stored on paper so it was easier for things to get lost, misplaced or destroyed.

An excellent documentary about runaways and missing kids is called What Ever Happened to Lori Jean Lloyd?
It discusses her case as well as other runaways. They interview students and kids in school. It was released in 1981 and it helps give a lot of insight on what was going on with youth at the time. They even explain how police didn't care to look for runaways and how they treated these cases.

Whether her skirt might have come from Long Island or a Pocono Flea Market, they are both most easily accessible from nearby Rt. 80, if you keep going north on Rt 94, you have to go such a long way to the Dingmans Bridge to double back to the Poconos. And it is even worse to head back to Long Island, going north on 94. My guess after all this time is if the killer(s) werent local but came off of 80. There might be one way they would know about the quiet cemetary up a hill if they werent local, maybe it was known from a previous visit during a funeral??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx