NJ NJ - Brielle, WhtFem 18-30, UP2274, hit by train, blue rosary, clothes, scars, Jun'08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Current (July 17, 2013) ruleouts list:

Shannon Arif 1977 Tennessee
Mindy Arnett 1981 Michigan
Stephanie Banks 1976 Kentucky
Michelle Benjamin 1972 Pennsylvania
Rhonda Brown 1965 Florida
Amanda Carroll 1979 New Jersey
Patricia Corona 1967 Arizona
Kelli Cox 1976 Texas
Clarissa Culberson 1974 Ohio
Tina D'Ambrosio 1961 Arizona
Margaret Haddican-McEnroe 1977 New Jersey
Nelda Hardwick 1959 Louisiana
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
Danielle Imbo 1971 Pennsylvania
Sandra Jacobson 1959 North Dakota
Michele Julson 1968 North Dakota
Jennifer Kesse 1981 Florida
Brianna Maitland 1986 Vermont
Kathleen Meyers 1962 Delaware
Sherry Milton 1979 Alabama
Frances Morales 1962 New Jersey
Maura Murray 1982 Massachusetts
Parley Pate 1959 North Carolina
Leah Peebles 1983 New Mexico
Kyla Porter 1988 Florida
Christina Rodriguez 1985 Florida
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Sharon Shechter 1966 New York
Karen Spencer 1972 Ohio
Margaret Stamper-White 1972 Virginia
Lisa Stebic 1969 Illinois
Nicholle Torrez 1979 Colorado
Patricia Viola 1958 New Jersey
Tammy Walker 1970 Florida
Margaret Warrington 1962 Kentucky
Karen Wells 1970 Pennsylvania
Jennifer Wix 1982 Tennessee
Carol Wood 1966 New York

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2274

the UID was struck by a train and some of the facial features just don't look normal to me.

Nose is really off too IMO but I'm not sure how much of JD's face is swelling.
JD looks really Polish to me; she looks like she could be related to my daughter's friend from Carteret.

Jamie Diane Seymour is not this Jane Doe. Ms. Fontana the forensic anthropologist for the NJSP compared fingerprints and has confirmed she is not a match. Jamie's sister informed me of this today. Her name has been added to the exclusion list on Namus.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2274

Kelli Cox 1976 Texas
Kyla Porter 1988 Florida
Jamie Seymour 1984 New Jersey
Karen Spencer 1972 Ohio
Carol Wood 1966 New York

NamUs Case # 2274 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

The following fields have been changed:
DNA : Location changed from "" to "University of North Texas"

DNA : Reference Number changed from "" to " 08-6927"

DNA : DNA Status changed from "submitted not complete" to "entered"

NamUs Case # 2274 has had changes made. Exclusion added

46 Exclusions

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Kelli Cox 1976 Texas
Danielle Day 1972 New Jersey
Anastasiya Ovetsky 1982 New Jersey
Kyla Porter 1988 Florida
Maryanne Ruffini 1968 New Jersey
Jamie Seymour 1984 New Jersey
Karen Spencer 1972 Ohio
Carol Wood 1966 New York

Yeah, one of the owners of the site does recons. I don't know how good or what her sources are, but they're pretty.

52 exclusions on the rule-out list on Namus.

Also, there seems to be an additional sketch and age regression on this site- http://www.missinginamerica.us/project-identify
Yeah, one of the owners of the site does recons. I don't know how good or what her sources are, but they're pretty.

I agree, they're pretty. Wish I knew if she got photos of the skulls like Carl does.

Been trying to get back here after seeing the owner in the news. Apparently Missing in America wasn't a 501(c)3 charity organization, she's been using her own money to fund what she does. Someone she helped in Kentucky is taking her in. The article says she has kids and family here, I'm not sure why she doesn't move in with them till she finds a place.

Bridgewater woman, devoted to missing persons cases, now needs your help - By Dino Flammia August 19, 2016 3:00 AM
She’s devoted the past 11 years of her life to reuniting families with their missing loved ones and providing closure to those who’ve had no answers for years on end.

But as rewarding as those accomplishments may be, they don’t pay the bills.
Bridgewater resident N.S. is founder of Missing in America, a volunteer group that’s helped law enforcement and families with hundreds of missing persons cases nationwide since last decade. As founder, she is also the sole funding source, and the tab has reached a level she can no longer overcome.

“I’m in the process of being evicted from my apartment,” she told New Jersey 101.5. “I’ve had my car repossessed. I’m holding on by a thread right now.”

According to her calculations, she has doled out about $300,000 of her own money to keep her mission afloat. But now she needs to keep herself above water. The 45-year-old retired from her accounting job two years ago.
She said each case she handles typically comes with a price tag in the thousands, between transportation, lodging and other resources. she said she’s been part of 500 active or solved cases.

‘I’ve lost everything,’ says NJ woman devoted to missing person cases - By Toniann Antonelli August 29, 2016 5:58 PM

“It’s been really rough, but I’m trying to remain strong,” she said. “I’ve had to sell everything in yard sales, all my possessions, everything but my clothes."

Want to add her NamUs profile NamUs UP # 2274

Hair color - Straight brown hair but in this post mortem pic it looks more blond

The bracelet with the saint icons is something that I've seen before. It's mass produced and can be ordered easily on Amazon or other internet sites. I could swear that I've seen it elsewhere - in little jewelry shops or specialty stores, but I can't figure out where for the life of me. I don't think that it necessarily provides a Slavic/Russian link, but given the presence of the rosary beads I doubt it was being worn for fashion purposes. I know that icons are also popular in Latin American countries, and although the UID had hazel eyes, let's not forget that there are many, many people that live in South and Central America who are of European or mixed stock and show those physical characteristics.

I think my daughter has something similar. Once I find it; I'll compare it. I believe it was her Godmom's who is Polish /German.
I wonder if she came from the Polish community in Carteret.
Does anyone know if any passengers spoke to her?

Did they say if abdomen scar is from a C-section?

The clothing/appearance is an odd mix. One one hand, silver and white striped fingernails and the Adidas shelltops (which retail for around $60) make me think the UID is on the younger end of the age range. On the other hand, a t-shirt over a sweatshirt in June isn't something you'd often see on a 20 year old woman. The sweatshirt with the winter scene is something I'd associate with an older demographic as well. I'll need to let this one marinate for a bit, but the clothing just isn't sitting right with me.

How many shirts did this girl need on this June day? Sounds like she just walked out of a store wearing her new wardrobe.

clothing on body - Red long sleeve sweatshirt with white tshirt over it, white long sleeve shirt wrapped around waist, light green underwear,white socks, black/white bandana, blue/yellow scarf, blue sweatshirt with winter scene

I wonder if the maps have any markings on them

Was talking to my daughter more about Brielle Jane's bracelet which I'm not able to find to get a photo. My daughter got her bracelet from a Hindu dollar store in Carteret NJ; she thinks when her aunt was still alive, so that would be November 2005. My daughter said the bracelet was really popular back then. I've always felt she was Polish (possibly an immigrant), she could be a younger version of my ex-MIL who's Polish and I think German and has the same haircut from the little we do see. There's a large Polish community in Carteret. I wonder if she went to the beach for the weekend with someone else, they had an argument, she ended up walking the tracks, possibly committing suicide.

If she bought the bracelet in Carteret like my daughter did, there are a lot of local churches. I picked Sacred Heart Roman Catholic church to get a Carteret map link, all you have to do is right click the map, search nearby, put church or Polish as the keyword.

I'm choosing Carteret, as I said because that's my 1st impression seeing her photo and second because she did have local press when it happened. I'll be surprised if she's local to Brielle.

Polish church in Linden which is next to Carteret - Holy Trinity Polish National
Polish & Slavic Federal Credit Union 619 W Edgar Rd, Linden, NJ 07036
Polish deli where my daughter and her relatives go 11 S Wood Ave, Linden, NJ 07036

Would be nice if we could get a flier made and fax it or post on business FB pages.

Someone managed to find the bracelet on Amazon

Amazon - Catholic Saints Bracelet - Black Wood

Brielle Jane's bracelet

u480021416bracelet_l.jpg

Amazon bracelet
21SaS1VFdAL.jpg 215lddmpDnL.jpg 21b9cv0wUbL.jpg

I'm curious why her eye color was changed and why her hair doesn't have a note saying it's dyed blond.

NJ Transit police seeks help in identifying woman killed by train last year in Brielle - By Katherine Santiago - on August 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM, updated August 25, 2009 at 5:22 PM

The woman had a light complexion, neck-length brown hair and blue/grey eyes. She appeared to be in her 20s to early 30s, weighed about 120 pounds and was about 5-feet-4-inches tall.

The engineer saw the woman, who was wearing a white t-shirt with a red long-sleeved sweatshirt underneath, white Adidas sneakers with black stripes, and blue rosary beads. She was also wearing a wooden religious bracelet and carrying a large brown tote bag with the words "New York" on it.

As was mentioned above, the sneakers are name brand, they weren't cheap unless she got them from an outlet or Shopper World.

I wonder what the night weather was like since she had a sweat shirt on so I looked for weather history. Closest I could get for weather history is Toms River

Toms River Week of June 15, 2008 through June 21, 2008
I'm able to go to Manasquan NJ weather but when I click history, it changes the town

Toms River Sunday, June 15, 2008
-------------------------------Actual - - Average - - - Record
Mean Temperature 74 °F -
Max Temperature 82 °F 77 °F 93 °F (1964)
Min Temperature 66 °F 56 °F 40 °F (1978)

Saturday, June 14, 2008
Mean Temperature 78 °F -
Max Temperature 93 °F 79 °F 98 °F (1984)
Min Temperature 62 °F 55 °F 43 °F (1965)

Friday, June 13, 2008
Mean Temperature 65 °F -
Max Temperature 82 °F 80 °F 94 °F (1961)
Min Temperature 48 °F 56 °F 43 °F (1980)

NJ Transit Police Seek Public's Assistance In Identifying Woman Struck By Train In Brielle Last Year - August 25, 2009 NJT-09-086

NEWARK, NJ — The NJ TRANSIT Police Department is requesting the public’s help in identifying a woman struck and fatally injured by a North Jersey Coast Line train last summer.

The incident occurred Sunday, June 15, 2008 at 1:38 a.m., south of Manasquan Station near Fisk Avenue in Brielle.

The following is a description of the woman:
White female, light complexion
Neck-length brown hair
Eyes: Blue/gray
Height: approx. 5’4”
Weight: approx. 120 lbs.

The woman was wearing a white t-shirt with a red long-sleeved sweatshirt underneath, white Adidas sneakers with black stripes and blue rosary beads.

She was also wearing a wooden religious bracelet and carrying a large brown tote bag with the words “New York” on it.

Anyone with information is asked to call 1-888-TIPS-NJT or 973-378-6565. Please refer to Case # 2008-12490. All calls will be kept confidential.

The sweatshirt is from the brand "Morning Sun", made in USA. Maybe bought at a thrift store?

Similar sweatshirts with the snow and red cardinal can be bought second hand from:

http://www.rustyzipper.com/shop.cfm?viewpartnum=174487
It is described on this site as: "1980´s ugly Christmas sweatshirt"
"-Morning Sun- Unisex black background cotton polyester blend longsleeve pullover ugly Christmas sweatshirt, white fold over collar with birds perched on the snow covered boughs, with more trees in the background. Minor pilling."

and at e-bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORNING-SUN...529652?hash=item3ad28c8cf4:g:zVkAAOSwiDFYLduF

It was a long time since someone posted here for the last time. I was searching the internet for more information about this Jane Doe but with no new results and it makes me sad.
Looks like it is no loud case but I think that it definitely needs to be looked at more.
I don't think I have any idea if it was a suicide or an accident but some of the case details sounds well-known for me. I'm Swedish and have some family in Poland that I used to visit some times a year when I was younger. Around 2007, 2008 or 2009 I went on a trip there and visited some of the bigger cities (remember Cracow and Gdansk). Bracelet the Jane Doe was wearing was really popular and cheap in Poland at this time. I clearly remember those, displayed on every street market I saw. They would cost about 4$ and come with different pictures of the catholic saints. I even bought me one and now I'm so sad that I don't have it anymore and can't take a picture. I also typed "saints bracelet" in Polish to google and here are the results -
https://www.google.se/search?rlz=1C...KYKHUBmBboQ3VYIJSgA&biw=1396&bih=725&dpr=1.38
Poland is a catholic country and it's highly possible that rosary was also bought at one of those markets. I've seen many other religious souvenirs there too.
I don't have a feeling that this Jane Doe had much money, her nails were definitely not done at a professional studio either.
The strange thing for me is that it seems she was a tourist in USA (New York bag, maps found with her) and that doesn't go together with the lack of money. I'm also wondering if there were any markings on the maps.
On the post mortem her face is swollen but when I look at it I can clearly see a woman of a Slavic origin, but not necessarily Polish. I would rather say that she is from Ukraine.
That's what Wikipedia say about Ukrainian catholics:
"As of 2016, Christianity is particularly strong in westernmost Ukrainian regions, where most Greek Catholics live besides the Orthodox population."
And Ukraine has a border to Poland on the western side. I know also that many Ukrainians come to Poland to work illegally, sometimes to financially support their families that are left in the country. I also know that both Polish and Ukrainian need a visa to legally get to the States so I think that it would be worth for the authorities to check who and why got a visa at this time. You always need a picture of yourself when you want to get it but I don't know if you also need to submit the fingerprints.
And the sweatshirt is not the same one that we can see on the internet. Jane Doe's sweatshirt has no white folding over the collar. It may indicate that it was a fake designer clothing.
I hope that posting here after so long time of silence will make the case more visible on the forum because sadly it's still unsolved who the woman was.

the image of the UID certainly looks Slavic to me. the presence of the icons would suggest a former Soviet republic as one group of Slavs, i.e. the Poles are almost all Roman Catholic.

The Poles, Czechs, Croats and Slovenes are mostly Catholic; the Macedonians, Serbs and Bulgarians are mostly Orthodox; and the Slovaks and Romanians are a mixture of both.

The painted images on the bracelet look more Catholic to me as from what (little) I know there are very strict and stylised conventions for depicting religious images in Orthodox art, though I wouldn't rule out Orthodox peasant-type art.

No new info but a recon I hadn't seen.

feaa2bd5ced135500beafd3cf1fbf2bf.jpeg

WARNING!! Link contains recons of other UIDs that may be disturbing.

They have that "recon but really a PM" look. I find these more disturbing than the actual PM most times.

http://www.needournames.com/2008/?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catWe saw similar bracelets for sale at a Catholic church in Germany last December. They had similar rosaries, too. I didn't think to take a picture, bad me.

Stella Joanna Nawrocka:
http://www.zaginieni.pl/profile/?o=5442

missing in Tennesse in 2003.

Interesting find.

There seems to be a Stella Joanna Nawrocka, age 38, living in Knoxville, TN? That's the age the missing SJN would be, and the area she disappeared from. So she might be alive, which would be great.

Photo does have quite a reseblance to the decedent.

I think their faces look similar but if this is the Jane Doe on the picture then she must have lost some weight before she died.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15119/0

Beata Rembisz, 38
Missing November 27, 2005
Woodbridge, New Jersey (35 miles from Brielle, NJ)
Blonde/Strawberry Hair
Green Eyes
5' 5" tall
150 lbs.
On a visa from Poland (expired 2006)
Packed her bags and left her house.
Didn't see her listed as one of the rule outs.

attachment.php

What do you think?

Attachments

• beata.png
    beata.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 185
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15119/0

Beata Rembisz, 38
Missing November 27, 2005
Woodbridge, New Jersey (35 miles from Brielle, NJ)
Blonde/Strawberry Hair
Green Eyes
5' 5" tall
150 lbs.
On a visa from Poland (expired 2006)
Packed her bags and left her house.
Didn't see her listed as one of the rule outs.

attachment.php

What do you think?

Very interesting! I wonder if it's the same Beata that was reported missing from Woodbrigde.
http://zaginieni.policja.pl/zag/form/r4143065243,REMBISZ-BEATA.html
There's one more picture of her and I think this one resembles much more the Jane Doe. Hair is similar, but here eyes look blue there (Jane Doe has hazel). I still don't know though if it's the same person, Beata Rembisz was missing from Poland and not USA. Can't find any more information about her but I found a video about the Brielle Jane Doe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u06EVWDz-AI

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back