NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Feds became involved bc local LE are not equipped to handle this type of homicide (may also have been very violent) and they may simply lack the resources necessary to bring her murderer to justice without help from them. Homicide rate in community is low and local LE may not have the experience this case apparently requires. Feds called in should lead to solving her murder (fingers crossed).

Apartments aren't as private as people think. My uncle actually had lived at the complex in PA while separated from my aunt. Apparently the walls were pretty thin. Even when you live with people used to living in a apt people still can be nosy.

Oh for sure. Everyone can hear and spy and be nosy, etc. in an apartment setting. But on the other hand, to flip that the other way, they would also hear when you are likely being attacked or murdered. No argument there.

O/T I did not mean to post twice earlier. Site has been a bit problematic today and not only for me :).

Jmo.

When you google Carolyn it's sorton details and at first hesitant to say murder. I thought I read the FBI was involved. If that is correct is that normal?
Here’s the link
Sorry if this has been discussed..... which of her neighbors works from home?

They have not identified, in news articles, which neighbors work from home.

I walked to Hunters Glen yesterday. Close to Carolyn’s apartment, families & children were enjoying the pool, neighbors were outside on their patios. So hard to believe that a murder was committed here just 1 month ago. I overheard a neighbor say “I’m not 911” and didn’t know what if anything to make of it.

Hi everyone,

I feel like I missed so much not checking the thread for a day. The Panera connection is really scary I ordered from there several times this weekend and do so frequently. Plainsboro is a very small town and very recently (within the last two years) We recently added the Panera and a Five Guys (Burger Restaurant think In and Out Burger to anyone on the West Coast). I order out a lot using apps such as DoorDash and Grubhub but last I checked Uber eats isn't available in our area yet.

I'm torn if there are suspects in our apartment complex who are being considered as prime suspects because that would mean we have been living here with a suspected murderer for over a month and they haven't told us anything. On the other hand if this person is a suspect and not guilty then it's good that they don't falsely accuse and ruin someone's life.

There are a lot of families here primarily Asian (China/India). From what I see a lot of the family consist of traditional old school family dynamics husband works wife at home taking care of house and children. So it's very likely to have people at home during the day. School was still in session at the time of the murder so it would most likely have been during a time without children.

I agree with you DAB and it's crazy to me as well I am constantly checking through my peep hole anytime I hear a noise outside but for others life has just moved on. To be fair unless you did your own research and instead just listened to what the Leasing agency has fed us you wouldn't think this was that big of a deal. They have literally only made two statements about this and only through email. There doesn't feel like there is a sense of urgency or danger about this so I can't blame the average person for kind of glossing over it after a month of no activity or notice.

As someone said earlier there have only been 3 murders in Plainsboro in the last 100 years and with this complex having so many transient residents it's easy to see how this could eventually be glazed over. This is why I'm so thankful for this thread and the opportunity to speak about things and share information so we can at the very least stay informed.

OT again, sorry, but it is a week now since the murder at my apartment complex (in Albuquerque) and since that day, we have not heard a word and there has not been anything in the news. Still no clue if he lived here, who he was, if there is a suspect etc...maybe they don’t know but if not, they are not appealing to the public, that is for sure.

OT again, sorry, but it is a week now since the murder at my apartment complex (in Albuquerque) and since that day, we have not heard a word and there has not been anything in the news. Still no clue if he lived here, who he was, if there is a suspect etc...maybe they don’t know but if not, they are not appealing to the public, that is for sure.

I know that must be terrifying I can definitely relate to that dreadful feeling of not knowing what's happening and not knowing if you are in danger or not. A few of the other local people on this thread reached out directly to the leasing agency and to local authorities and politicians to get an idea of what's happening. This might work for you as well to at least get a little more context than what has been provided to date.

I know that must be terrifying I can definitely relate to that dreadful feeling of not knowing what's happening and not knowing if you are in danger or not. A few of the other local people on this thread reached out directly to the leasing agency and to local authorities and politicians to get an idea of what's happening. This might work for you as well to at least get a little more context than what has been provided to date.

Well we finally got word that local police will be here tomorrow morning to speak with residents. Rumors say the victim was a resident...a young man who lived with his mom here :( and that he was car jacked just outside in the parking lot at 4am. I am guessing police must need help, since they are coming back. I have never noticed any cameras here, though there have been signs saying they exist...not sure if those signs are still up, saw them a few years back.

So...at least there will be some news. Hope there is as well for Carolyn.

Well we finally got word that local police will be here tomorrow morning to speak with residents. Rumors say the victim was a resident...a young man who lived with his mom here :( and that he was car jacked just outside in the parking lot at 4am. I am guessing police must need help, since they are coming back. I have never noticed any cameras here, though there have been signs saying they exist...not sure if those signs are still up, saw them a few years back.

So...at least there will be some news. Hope there is as well for Carolyn.

Thanks for the update! So is this a separate incident involving a male being carjacked? Sorry if I am misunderstanding, it’s been one of those days :confused:

Thanks for the update! So is this a separate incident involving a male being carjacked? Sorry if I am misunderstanding, it’s been one of those days :confused:

No...this is the murder ( in Abq) last week. It happened in the parking lot by the office. I only heard today, rumor so far, that it was a car jacking. His body was left right by the office as I was driving in last week on the day when the lot was being washed down surrounded by crime scene tape. :( Rumor also, so,far, as to who the victim was but it was specfic so probably true as to that part at least.

Have you noticed more police around? I think it's a good idea to not go all pitchforks and torches on a random neighbor. Has the complex acknowledged any safety protocols?

I walked to Hunters Glen yesterday. Close to Carolyn’s apartment, families & children were enjoying the pool, neighbors were outside on their patios. So hard to believe that a murder was committed here just 1 month ago. I overheard a neighbor say “I’m not 911” and didn’t know what if anything to make of it.

People do go on with their lives. Calling 911 and being 911 are different. Calling 911 on someone "suspicious" has gotten people killed. There are also kids home from school so there will be more people around.

They scary thing is the person might not have been suspicious at all.
That's very true and it sounds like there was no one suspicious seen that tragic day but I believe that is all the more reason for more communication on vigilance within the community and especially with more children around. I believe if you see or in the case of this murder hear something suspicious, it could be life saving to call 911. The silence in this case makes it all the more heartbreaking. This beautiful young girl's life matters.

Still no answers? Sigh.

Sometimes I just don't get it--I understand LE being silent, but there is no media interest, etc. I guess if they have nothing to report then that explains it but do they even ask?

Jmo.

That's very true and it sounds like there was no one suspicious seen that tragic day but I believe that is all the more reason for more communication on vigilance within the community and especially with more children around. I believe if you see or in the case of this murder hear something suspicious, it could be life saving to call 911. The silence in this case makes it all the more heartbreaking. This beautiful young girl's life matters.

I understand why people didn't call 911 when they heard yelling and furniture moving. It would be nice it the apt complex got some cameras and addressed what to look out for. I'm hoping the silence is so they don't reveal too many details.

Have you noticed more police around? I think it's a good idea to not go all pitchforks and torches on a random neighbor. Has the complex acknowledged any safety protocols?

Not at all. It's like nothing happened. I even just got an email from the leasing office about Hot Dog day.

Stop by the Leasing Office today after 12 pm and enjoy a hot dog for National Hot Dog Day!
We will have Beef, Turkey, Chicken and Veggie Hot Dogs!
1 hot dog per person
**while supplies lasts**

I'm actually starting to get angry about this. This isn't normal and it shouldn't be business as usual. If they want to send us cute stuff there should at least be some form of communication signaling that in order to help with the unease of the community they will try to get back to normal or SOMETHING. From the input of some of the other people in the area we could potentially have the killer(s?) living among us and they are acting like it's no big deal. I feel like the Plainsboro police have moved on from this since the County is now in charge of the investigation and they aren't concerned anymore.

Not at all. It's like nothing happened. I even just got an email from the leasing office about Hot Dog day.

Stop by the Leasing Office today after 12 pm and enjoy a hot dog for National Hot Dog Day!
We will have Beef, Turkey, Chicken and Veggie Hot Dogs!
1 hot dog per person
**while supplies lasts**

I'm actually starting to get angry about this. This isn't normal and it shouldn't be business as usual. If they want to send us cute stuff there should at least be some form of communication signaling that in order to help with the unease of the community they will try to get back to normal or SOMETHING. From the input of some of the other people in the area we could potentially have the killer(s?) living among us and they are acting like it's no big deal. I feel like the Plainsboro police have moved on from this since the County is now in charge of the investigation and they aren't concerned anymore.

I can't say as I blame you. I have been informed now of more national food days than I ever knew existed. I would get angry too if in your shoes and I am not the type that does.

In many cases, not all, some departments are pretty savvy I feel and use the internet in a very smart way, as well as the public; but in some, I tend to feel that LE needs to start realizing with the existence of the internet that they need to at least keep the public informed or at least reassure they are investigating, etc. I am no expert and I would have to guess it is a fine balance for them--maybe they need the perp to think they don't care or have forgotten about the case and are not onto him--I get that too.

With regard to the apartment complex, our world is too worried about good PR and the reputation of a business (or liability?) and it so often involves shoving things under the rug and pretending such never happened. It amazes me they think the public is that stupid, I guess as someone said above, some move on without fear even living in the same location which I guess is their hope. If I were going to rent anywhere, I would trust the one that addressed things seriously than one that pretended all is fine and says here, stop by and have a cookie or a hot dog. I would hope to see them talking to their residents and I would right off the bat let the residents see we have camera installation people coming in.

Jmo though.

Exactly! I could not agree more. The only noticeable difference I have seen in the community is that parents aren't letting their kids run around as freely as before. There was a growing group of kids that would get together after school and on weekends and play in the common backyard area and I don't see that happening as often anymore. Though they were loud and at times obnoxious (what group of kids aren't) It was great to see young kids actually outside playing and not stuck inside staring at I pads all day.

Given the lack of interest by the media, silence from the community and LE. The fact that someone on this board called the Plainsboro PD and they referred them to the county for information and abdicated responsibility. That the County Prosecutor has stated they have no suspects or leads and are asking for help and information. That the "heavy" police presence and patrols have stopped. Leads me to believe that overall the decision has been made to just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4