NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could have had a stalker and maybe not been aware of it. Someone could have been watching her comings and goings as a neighbor or someone that worked near her job or home. They could have been someone she trusted or at least didn't see as a threat and taken advantage of a rare lunch break at home. If many people in the complex work during the day the afternoon would be a "good" time to strike. People also expect a certain amount of activity during the day. idk

True. One of the most confusing parts of this case is she was seen coming home for lunch but no one saw anyone else enter or leave her apartment. She is on the back side of her building though... Even so, there is an apartment below her, etc. We are unsure who was home and who was not but someone was apparently because people heard screams, arguing and someone said what sounded like furniture being moved around... No one called 911 though apparently.

Jmo.

If I understand it correctly, there are no main doors. Each apartment has an entry door from the outside. Each also has a patio door. She was a 2nd floor apartment, with her own stairwell to her door outside (open stairwell).

The food delivery talk though is interesting. One could have been faked or she could have ordered lunch...

Jmo.

If she ordered food it should be on record either by an app or a phone call. I have my concerns about anything Uber related though. She could have been followed into her apt without anyone really noticing? Do they have cameras (sorry if that has been asked)?

If she ordered food it should be on record either by an app or a phone call. I have my concerns about anything Uber related though. She could have been followed into her apt without anyone really noticing? Do they have cameras (sorry if that has been asked)?

No cameras allegedly. I guess it is possible someone may have had their own. A local on here said after the attack on CB fact she saw one of the neighbors was having a ring doorbell installed it appeared. I don't mind answering questions to the best of my ability and recall because most of the cases I follow have been extremely quiet lately :)

What do you mean about Uber? She drove home I believe. They say she rarely went home for lunch, or I guess it was said more like it was not usual for her to go home for lunch. This is a case there has been very little reporting on and very little info, kind of frustrating, especially for the people who live there or near there, as someone is still on the loose.

Jmo.

True. One of the most confusing parts of this case is she was seen coming home for lunch but no one saw anyone else enter or leave her apartment. She is on the back side of her building though... Even so, there is an apartment below her, etc. We are unsure who was home and who was not but someone was apparently because people heard screams, arguing and someone said what sounded like furniture being moved around... No one called 911 though apparently.

Jmo.

I can see not calling especially if it's midday and it could be kids, a fight between a couple that isn't violent or a TV on too loud while someone moves furniture. If it's at night and you hear screams or furniture moving it doesn't matter if there is someone being murdered or your neighbors are having a party if they are breaking a rule you can complain or call the police.

No cameras allegedly. I guess it is possible someone may have had their own. A local on here said after the attack on CB fact she saw one of the neighbors was having a ring doorbell installed it appeared. I don't mind answering questions to the best of my ability and recall because most of the cases I follow have been extremely quiet lately :)

What do you mean about Uber? She drove home I believe. They say she rarely went home for lunch, or I guess it was said more like it was not usual for her to go home for lunch. This is a case there has been very little reporting on and very little info, kind of frustrating, especially for the people who live there or near there, as someone is still on the loose.

Jmo.

I meant UberEats. I've had the wrong delivery person show up, food dropped off without knowing about it. At night most drivers are fine and they even seem to go out of their way to make sure your food is delivered. I had a bad experience with an Uber driver. He seemed fine but for months he would randomly call me and ask to lick my p*ssy.

I can see not calling especially if it's midday and it could be kids, a fight between a couple that isn't violent or a TV on too loud while someone moves furniture. If it's at night and you hear screams or furniture moving it doesn't matter if there is someone being murdered or your neighbors are having a party if they are breaking a rule you can complain or call the police.

I agree, I also figure it is a fine line of one does not want to interfere in their neighbors' lives and/or be wrong and call the cops on them either if wrong. One has to continue to live next door to them.

You may already know, but it was a coworker apparently who could not reach her that alerted authorities. I believe the person swung by the complex that evening when she had not returned to work after lunch.

Jmo.

Last edited:
I meant UberEats. I've had the wrong delivery person show up, food dropped off without knowing about it. At night most drivers are fine and they even seem to go out of their way to make sure your food is delivered. I had a bad experience with an Uber driver. He seemed fine but for months he would randomly call me and ask to lick my p*ssy.

Oh my! I hope you are not dealing with him anymore. Wow.

I am familiar with Uber but not UberEats. While having food delivery services, that is not one we have where I am located.

You know, a food delivery though is something that just might make some sense. It is one thing most people get a some point in time and do tend to open the door for... They would blend in if others commonly order and it was in the lunchtime part of the day...

Jmo.

@ilovechili Are there alot of kids in the complex?

I don't know but I would think so. The complex I believe consists of one, two and three bedroom units. There are I think two pools. The website says they have short term rentals too. I gather there is a lot of transient population according to the locals.

I can tell you though that I thought of kids and teenagers, etc. and was told school was still in session at the time this occurred so there shouldn't have been any children around to speak of.

Jmo.

I agree, I also figure it is a fine line of one does not want to interfere in their neighbors' lives and/or be wrong and call the cops on them either if wrong. One has to continue to live next door to them.

You may already know, but it was a coworker apparently who could not reach her that alerted authorities. I believe the person swung by the complex that even when she had not returned to work after lunch.

Jmo.

I heard a coworker called the police. I didn't realize they went to the apartment. Was it a male or female coworker do you know? I would hope either way they would be looked at closely. Could that mean she was afraid of something or someone? Maybe I just don't know people that reliable that I would assume something bad happened if they didn't return from lunch.

Oh my! I hope you are not dealing with him anymore. Wow.

I am familiar with Uber but not UberEats. While having food delivery services, that is not one we have where I am located.

You know, a food delivery though is something that just might make some sense. It is one thing most people get a some point in time and do tend to open the door for... They would blend in if others commonly order and it was in the lunchtime part of the day...

Jmo.

I told that Uber driver to eff off and never contact me again. I use cabs unless someone else pays for an uber and can track it. I used uber during the day on my own account for the first time and that was the driver I got. I think day time lets creepers hide in plain sight and makes people more trusting.

I heard a coworker called the police. I didn't realize they went to the apartment. Was it a male or female coworker do you know? I would hope either way they would be looked at closely. Could that mean she was afraid of something or someone? Maybe I just don't know people that reliable that I would assume something bad happened if they didn't return from lunch.

I don't think we even know that, whether he or she. I have it in my head it was a she but I am unsure if I assumed that or heard it. I don't even know if they knocked on her door or just checked for her car in the lot and tried to call, etc. I assume they would have knocked. That also now makes me wonder if her door was locked or unlocked...

They have shared very, very little in this case.

We have thought of co-workers and in fact have considered all sorts of possibilities. I gather workers at the complex even have been known to enter the wrong apartment and or not lock up an apartment after doing some work.

She had a pretty good job and I think was promoted awhile back, I guess I assume the co-worker(s) knew she would not just go missing and skip work without notifying them, maybe knew she was single and alone, or was a friend? Again, we don't know. Perhaps they knew she went home for lunch or knew why. We go from hoping they have someone on their radar to believing they have nothing--at least I do.

Jmo.

I don't think we even know that, whether he or she. I have it in my head it was a she but I am unsure if I assumed that or heard it. I don't even know if they knocked on her door or just checked for her car in the lot and tried to call, etc. I assume they would have knocked. That also now makes me wonder if her door was locked or unlocked...

They have shared very, very little in this case.

We have thought of co-workers and in fact have considered all sorts of possibilities. I gather workers at the complex even have been known to enter the wrong apartment and or not lock up an apartment after doing some work.

She had a pretty good job and I think was promoted awhile back, I guess I assume the co-worker(s) knew she would not just go missing and skip work without notifying them, maybe knew she was single and alone, or was a friend? Again, we don't know. Perhaps they knew she went home for lunch or knew why. We go from hoping they have someone on their radar to believing they have nothing--at least I do.

Jmo.

I appreciate you answering my questions. I hate when women are attacked in their own homes. I hate when it happens anywhere but in your home you should feel safe. Sometimes it can be good when people aren't sharing everything because they might have a suspect. If they don't have one or any idea why she was murdered you would hope they would give out information to protect other women or help find who did this.

I told that Uber driver to eff off and never contact me again. I use cabs unless someone else pays for an uber and can track it. I used uber during the day on my own account for the first time and that was the driver I got. I think day time lets creepers hide in plain sight and makes people more trusting.

Same here. I have friends who use Uber and when riding with them I will go along but I have been far from impressed with the drivers we have had and in fact never see the same one twice. I also have some stories with them. I prefer our regular cab company. I hate to paint them all with the same brush, just saying I have not been overly impressed with most of the Uber drivers I have seen.

I am unfamiliar with UberEats and wonder if they have it in Carolyn's area. When one of the locals come on, they can probably tell us.

I am glad you told him to eff off. I would think he would be out of a job for offering such "full" service to customers...

Carolyn was attractive and successful, I tend to lean towards someone being obsessed with her, if it was not someone from a relationship or ex-relationship which is so often the case...

Jmo.

I either lock my doors or leave everything unlocked. I have this weird fear of locking myself out.

I appreciate you answering my questions. I hate when women are attacked in their own homes. I hate when it happens anywhere but in your home you should feel safe. Sometimes it can be good when people aren't sharing everything because they might have a suspect. If they don't have one or any idea why she was murdered you would hope they would give out information to protect other women or help find who did this.

I have not checked out the other woman's case you linked yet, I need to do that.

Yeah, if one can't feel safe in their own home, where can people feel safe? In her case too, it is not like she lived in some private, lonely area. I try not to speak for others but I think most of us felt this would be solved quickly, it was broad daylight, specific to her apartment, big complex so one would think witnesses, etc. No cameras surprised me.

I don't mind answering questions because on this case particularly, we are just trying to keep the interest alive. You can see from the lack of threads it is not a well known case or so it appears.

There are a few on here from the complex and the area and they have been a huge help with answering questions about the complex and more. They can give you better answers probably than I. I have a pretty good grasp on the facts though, probably because we have so few :)

If I remember correctly, I can tell you Carolyn's building is an eight unit building, all one bedrooms. There is a front side and back side. Four units up, four down. Her entry is back side upper level. There are several parking lots in the complex, it is huge. Again, no interior hallway doors, entry from outside. They say she kept to herself and mostly was just seen going to and from work.

Jmo.

Same here. I have friends who use Uber and when riding with them I will go along but I have been far from impressed with the drivers we have had and in fact never see the same one twice. I also have some stories with them. I prefer our regular cab company. I hate to paint them all with the same brush, just saying I have not been overly impressed with most of the Uber drivers I have seen.

I am unfamiliar with UberEats and wonder if they have it in Carolyn's area. When one of the locals come on, they can probably tell us.

I am glad you told him to eff off. I would think he would be out of a job for offering such "full" service to customers...

Carolyn was attractive and successful, I tend to lean towards someone being obsessed with her, if it was not someone from a relationship or ex-relationship which is so often the case...

Jmo.

There are some guys that get obsessed without being an ex or even a person you've dated. The guys that create a fantasy about you and your relationship with them are scarier than a jilted ex or someone that acts overly interested. You might say hi to a guy in passing or think of them as a friend, coworker, friend of a friend, and not realize they have a fictional relationship with you. It's also really hard to live up to someone's made-up idea of you. I only experienced a guy like this once but it was a scary weird experience. I was lucky the guy lived about a 1000 miles away. That helped some.

Thanks, I’ve tried that multiple times. Unfortunately, it keeps happening.
A similar pop up was happening for me since late yesterday & this morning. I had to delete the link & make sure I started from an original URL. After multiple attempts it worked.

I was alone in my apt and a guy selling optimum cable/internet came to the door. He did work for that company but I even thought should I really let this person in. I hate verizon and my dog was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member