NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in on Carolyn.

The only thing, and it is the only thing, that keeps me from thinking nothing is being done is that her family is not coming out and insisting on justice, did you see anything, if so, report it, etc.

That is not a knock at LE, it is the opposite in that it must say something... Or so I would hope...

Imo...

Agreed! I'm surprised at how little coverage this murder is receiving and how little we really know. I would think if the murderer was someone Carolyn knew, was texting with, was dating then he would have been arrested by now or at least be named POI and we'd know he was being questioned. Since that hasn't happened I can't help but think this was random. And that's really scary. MOO
Not thinking random, not in the sense that someone saw her and took advantage of the opportunity. With the info we do have, someone had a way to get her to come home for lunch that day, something she rarely did. Someone knew which apartment was hers. Someone attacked her as she entered her apartment, yet was not seen entering or leaving (or following behind her), This gave little to no time for escape back out the door. She did have time to scream and maybe run around the apartment moving furniture out of the way to avoid being attacked, so not a sneak attack from behind, covering her mouth, etc.

My opinions, as such, with info that has been reported. The only randomness I can see about it is maybe it wasn't meant to be a murder, but escalated into such for some reason.

I go back and forth in thinking it was a random act to someone she knew. For the first couple weeks after her murder the police patrolled the development which led me to believe it was a random act or were they just doing that to make the residents feel safe? Then the letter from the manager of the complex stating the police were seeking leads. Did they send this because they had no suspect or did they send it because they had a suspect and were trying to gather information to confirm their case? I hope I am wrong, but my gut is telling me they don’t have a suspect. I just think there would be some sort of trail whether it was text messages, phone calls, etc.

Last edited:
I go back and forth in thinking it was a random act to someone she knew. For the first couple weeks after her murder the police patrolled the development which led me to believe it was a random act or were they just doing that to make the residents feel safe? Then the letter from the manager of the complex stating the police were seeking leads. Did they send this because they had no suspect or did they send it because they had a suspect and were trying to gather information to confirm their case? I hope I am wrong, but my gut is telling me they don’t have a suspect. I just think there would be some sort of trail whether it was text messages, phone calls, etc.

What is concerning is the longer this goes on, the more it seems like even if they have a suspect, they do not have enough they feel to charge him.

I know we live in a TV, DNA filled, quick result thought type of world but this has been quite some time and this person is on the loose. I feel in a close contact attack in a 700 some square foot apartment, there has to be DNA and even quite possibly fingerprints.

I think most here have the same concern, the longer it goes on without any word, the more one worries there is any suspect at all. Are they just keeping a tight lid on the fact they do have one or do they have absolutely nothing?

Hard to say. Sigh.

Jmo.

I used to work at the Panera Bread right down the street from where Carolyn lived. Today I found out that a friend of an old coworker of mine (who also used to work at Panera, who I have seen during a couple of my shifts but never associated with due to him being fired very shortly after) is being questioned by the Plainsboro police about this case. They both currently reside in Hunters Glen as well. Word is going around that he is a significant suspect in this case however only a statement from the police will prove what is true.

I used to work at the Panera Bread right down the street from where Carolyn lived. Today I found out that a friend of an old coworker of mine (who also used to work at Panera, who I have seen during a couple of my shifts but never associated with due to him being fired very shortly after) is being questioned by the Plainsboro police about this case. They both currently reside in Hunters Glen as well. Word is going around that he is a significant suspect in this case however only a statement from the police will prove what is true.

Can I ask what does the guy look like and do you know what type of car does he drive? I’ve been going to that Panera for a while.

Last edited:

Thanks for joining us @ciszewski8976.

Local members are so valuable to us.

I'm a bit confused as to who still lives at Hunter Glen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay