NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm reading the reviews for the correct Hunters Glen apt. complex she lived in, they are pretty terrible. I'm doubting now they had security cameras. Yelp reviews do say you have zero privacy. Maintenance shows up at any hour and never checks with you. And walls are paper thin. Hopeful somebody home that day saw/heard enough to find this person.
The Hunters Glen Apartments in Plainsboro appears to have great reviews that I'm seeing. Are we looking at the same place?

Hunters Glen Apartment Homes
1109 Hunters Glen Dr.
Plainsboro Township, NJ 08536

The Hunters Glen Apartments in Plainsboro appears to have great reviews that I'm seeing. Are we looking at the same place?

1109 Hunters Glen Dr.

I looked over some reviews, the layouts, the gallery of photos, etc. Does anyone know how big this complex is? In what I looked at I never noticed nor saw anything that I felt showed an overview. It was probably right in front of me and I missed it. I guess what I mean is do they have one building and maybe 100 apartments or 3 buildings and 1,000 apartments? Just wondering about the number of people present or coming and going, etc. You can feel safe but never know who moved into an apartment two doors down in some huge complexes, much less in the complex overall if large. In a smaller complex, there is a chance you know most or at least are familiar with most.

I looked over some reviews, the layouts, the gallery of photos, etc. Does anyone know how big this complex is? In what I looked at I never noticed nor saw anything that I felt showed an overview. It was probably right in front of me and I missed it. I guess what I mean is do they have one building and maybe 100 apartments or 3 buildings and 1,000 apartments? Just wondering about the number of people present or coming and going, etc. You can feel safe but never know who moved into an apartment two doors down in some huge complexes, much less in the complex overall if large. In a smaller complex, there is a chance you know most or at least are familiar with most.

The Google Map on the first page allows you to switch to satellite view. Zoom in, and it does appear to be a very large complex. I'm still searching for the number of apts that are there.

I cannot imagine her family, and friends, trying to come to grips with this loss.
And the neighbors! I'd be quite worried if I lived nearby. That is traumatic I'd assume.

ETA The Google Map: Google Maps

The Google Map on the first page allows you to switch to satellite view. Zoom in, and it does appear to be a very large complex. I'm still searching for the number of apts that are there.

I cannot imagine her family, and friends, trying to come to grips with this loss.
And the neighbors! I'd be quite worried if I lived nearby. That is traumatic I'd assume.

Thank you, the map was the one thing I never looked at in the beginning, I don't know why. I guess because I look for details of what happened first.

Do not search for the number of apts on my account please--not that important.

I agree her poor family and friends my heart goes out to. And living there when not knowing if it was someone in the complex, how they got in and what happened would be really worrisome.

Jmo.

Wow, I just had a look. If all of the buildings I see are part of that complex, and I assume they are as they all look similar and connect to parking, etc. that is very sizable. It makes me rethink a few things. I did not picture anything quite that big.

Thanks again.

1109 Hunters Glen Dr.

Hi- yes-- same address with the Yelp reviews. My Yelp Elite sorted the reviews with all the 1 stars first -- those are the worst of the reviews-- I also read a few very positive reviews, but seems there was a change in management over the past couple years. I don't mean to put any blame on the complex- anything could happen anywhere. I was just wondering how close together everyone was here and if there were perhaps security cameras. Also, I've noticed over the years that the majority of apartment complexes have a lot of bad reviews about management (fees, security deposit, etc)!

I know one thing and that's that I wouldn't be sleeping at night if I were in that apartment complex. Have police said there could be a threat to the community? I haven't seen any statements from them besides no motive and no suspect. I'm sure they have looked into if she was texting with someone to meet up with that afternoon at her home. I'm pretty sure they must know a lot more than they are saying.

Apartmentratings.com have much more positive reviews -- very positive about Maintenance and management. Much different views from Yelp I read. Can't figure out how many units but seems pretty large. Adjacent to a public park, golf course and very close to highway. Could have been anyone. I have not a clue as to what happened to this poor girl.

Apartment complex offers short term lease -3 months - that's hard to find. So there could have been someone living there very short term who happened to see her go home and planned to attack her. Also, maybe she went back home to use the fitness center there during her lunch break. Prayers for her family tonight.

Couple hours ago news reported that she did not regularly go home for lunch and police are investigating why she did that day. No forced entry and believe the killer was there 'waiting for her'. But no forced entry could mean someone who had key access. My hunch is though they are looking into someone she knew. As they say most murders are committed by someone known to the victim. LE being so quiet makes me think it was not a stranger.
Rest in peace and love Carolyn.

Here's a link to updated info.
Killer was waiting at apartment for 26-year-old woman murdered on her lunch break, sources say

The woman found dead in her Plainsboro apartment Monday evening did not regularly go home for lunch.

But Carolyn Byington did midday Monday, drawn there for some reason, and was apparently attacked once she entered her apartment in the Hunters Glen complex, two sources familiar with the investigation told NJ Advance Media.

The reason Byington went home is one theory being pursued by investigators from the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office, who on Friday said there would be no public statements.

The office has not reported any arrests or charges in the investigation, and no suspected motive.

Last edited:
Here's a link to updated info.
Killer was waiting at apartment for 26-year-old woman murdered on her lunch break, sources say

The woman found dead in her Plainsboro apartment Monday evening did not regularly go home for lunch.

But Carolyn Byington did midday Monday, drawn there for some reason, and was apparently attacked once she entered her apartment in the Hunters Glen complex, two sources familiar with the investigation told NJ Advance Media.

The reason Byington went home is one theory being pursued by investigators from the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office, who on Friday said there would be no public statements.

The office has not reported any arrests or charges in the investigation, and no suspected motive.

Thank you for the links.

If the person was not already in the apartment, the only thing I can think of is to have forced his way in right behind her unexpectedly. I wonder how they are so sure she let no one in after arriving home.

Not typically going home for lunch perhaps does indicate she had someone visiting, she went hoe at lunch to have lunch with the vistor, and an argument ensues... Admittedly speculation on my part with so few facts. It does seem likely it was someone she knew though if she did not typically go home for lunch and perhaps expected the person.

My guess is even if no cameras that her phone will play a role

What a beautiful and obviously intelligent girl with so much going for her.

Thank you for the links.

If the person was not already in the apartment, the only thing I can think of is to have forced his way in right behind her unexpectedly. I wonder how they are so sure she let no one in after arriving home.

Not typically going home for lunch perhaps does indicate she had someone visiting, she went hoe at lunch to have lunch with the vistor, and an argument ensues... Admittedly speculation on my part with so few facts. It does seem likely it was someone she knew though if she did not typically go home for lunch and perhaps expected the person.

My guess is even if no cameras that her phone will play a role

What a beautiful and obviously intelligent girl with so much going for her.
Do you suppose she would have communicated with any coworker about a visitor? Or why she was going home for lunch? I think that’s a possibility. And if she did not, then why not? Some reason to keep mum about her personal life?
All speculation on my part as well.

Is it possible she was on a dating app site and invited someone over to her apartment that day, and went home to meet them? Like someone she invited who presented themselves as a date or romantic prospect or just a hook up or whatever, someone she thought she could trust, but who had ulterior motives and murdered her?

I'm thinking something along the lines of the Ingrid Lyne in Seattle case, etc. Or there were some other killers that used dating apps to find, deceive, and kill innocent victims. Total speculation on my part only.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards an afternoon hookup went bad. Maybe Tinder or something like that. Meet and things go south. It could be someone she met maybe once before and felt comfortable enough to invite to her apartment. News article states she rarely went home for lunch. Yeah i know she doesn't seem the type. We think we know people just based on their career, upbringing, etc but we don't. I'm sure LE will be checking her phone, texts, etc. BTW, the MCPO is a corrupt bunch of buffoons so don't expect this to be solved any time soon

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards an afternoon hookup went bad. Maybe Tinder or something like that. Meet and things go south. It could be someone she met maybe once before and felt comfortable enough to invite to her apartment. News article states she rarely went home for lunch. Yeah i know she doesn't seem the type. We think we know people just based on their career, upbringing, etc but we don't. I'm sure LE will be checking her phone, texts, etc. BTW, the MCPO is a corrupt bunch of buffoons so don't expect this to be solved any time soon
Interesting possibility. I agree, you never know with people, and it may even be someone she used to work with...maybe left the key under the mat in case that person arrived before she did. Maybe even someone she didn't want anyone else to know about. However, it's hard for me to imagine a complete stranger having been given access to her apartment. Why not wait til evening and meet in public somewhere first? If this is the case, there was some sort of trust.
My other problem with this, the neighbors seemed to be aware of her arriving and also of noise coming from her apartment. Yet there is no mention of them claiming to have seen anyone else arriving or leaving. Whoever killed her had to have gotten into and out of the apartment somehow. How so with no one noticing? IMO

Last edited:
do not think she would invite a stranger to her home. just seems unlikely. I do find it weird that the neighbors saw her arrive, but then saw nothing else. I would think that even if they did not find the "faint screams" and "moving of furniture noises" suspicious enough to call the police, they would have been nosy about what was going on and watched, IMHO.

do not think she would invite a stranger to her home. just seems unlikely. I do find it weird that the neighbors saw her arrive, but then saw nothing else. I would think that even if they did not find the "faint screams" and "moving of furniture noises" suspicious enough to call the police, they would have been nosy about what was going on and watched, IMHO.
Exactly. I sure would have been on the lookout. It seems likely that they lived underneath her apartment, in order to hear furniture being moved around. Hard to sneak by nosy neighbors. Amazingly bold to kill someone in daylight hours in an apartment with other people home at the time. JMO

Exactly. I sure would have been on the lookout. It seems likely that they lived underneath her apartment, in order to hear furniture being moved around. Hard to sneak by nosy neighbors. Amazingly bold to kill someone in daylight hours in an apartment with other people home at the time. JMO

I too find this very bold. Broad daylight, an apartment complex, etc. I guess they all have more than one exit and in fact, often several per code. One generally needs a key to enter any door though but to leave is a different story. The complex is huge with at least two parking lots, several buildings and a nearby golf course and park, one could leave in any direction probably. Or it was someone in the building or in management, they simply head back to their own apartment or workspace.

I wonder if she had a date the night before even a long term bf over? She went to work and left him sleeping in. Came home at lunch, an argument ensued over something, etc.? No neighbor saw him arrive because it was late the night before?

Or who would you give a key to? Maybe if she had a pet, it does say pet friendly, she trusted someone to let the pet out. The person called that day and said they could not but waited in her apartment as she ran home to let the pet out? Had a key. Or called and said the pet got out on him, hence the argument?

I have no idea, all speculation and I come back to the fact it seems pretty bold and in broad daylight with neighbors around.

If this was June 10th, it was a Monday, first day of the workweek so the day before would have been Sunday or would have been just after the weekend...

All jmo and total speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member