NJ - Daniel Anderl, fatally shot at home by gunman, son of Fed Judge Salas, N. Brunswick 19 Jul 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Esther Salas: A gunman killed a federal judge's son at her New Jersey home. He appeared to be dressed as a delivery driver, source says - CNN
"We are looking for one subject," the FBI said in a statement. "We are working closely with our state and local partners and will provide additional updates when available."
The gunman appeared to be wearing a FedEx uniform, a law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the investigation told CNN.
It is not yet known whether the gunman was a FedEx employee or someone posing to be an employee.
"We are aware of the media reports and are fully cooperating with investigating authorities," Jonathan Lyons, a spokesman for FedEx, said in an email statement.
Law enforcement has not been aware of any threats against the judge, the source told CNN. Right now investigators don't know the motive.''

Esther Salas, seated in Newark, was nominated by President Barack Obama and confirmed in 2011. Prior to that she served as a U.S. Magistrate Judge in New Jersey, after working as an assistant public defender for several years.

Her highest-profile case in recent years was the financial fraud case involving husband-and-wife “Real Housewives of New Jersey” reality TV stars Teresa and Joe Giudice, whom Salas sentenced to prison for crimes including bankruptcy fraud and tax evasion. Salas staggered their sentences so that one of them could be available to take care of their four children.

In 2017, she barred federal prosecutors from seeking the death penalty against an alleged gang leader charged in several Newark slayings, ruling the man’s intellectual disability made him ineligible for capital punishment. Salas later sentenced the man to 45 years in prison.

More recently, Salas has presided over an ongoing lawsuit brought by Deutsche Bank investors who claim the company made false and misleading statements about its anti-money laundering policies and failed to monitor “high-risk” customers including convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Son of federal judge Esther Salas killed, husband shot in NJ

@FBINewark
The FBI is investigating a shooting that occurred at the home of Judge Ester Salas in North Brunswick Township, New Jersey earlier this evening, July 19. We're looking for one subject & ask that anyone who thinks they may have relevant information call us at 1-973-792-3001.

As a side note, attacks on federal judges (or any judges for that matter) are very rare.

The only other case that I can vaguely re-call involving the murder of a federal judge is a drug gang assassinating judge Woods. Judge Woods was also known as "Maximum John" due to his habit of imposing the maximum sentences on drug dealers.

In either case, attacks on judges and prosecutors are seen as attacks on the judicial system as a whole. Thus, they always receive more than adequate investigative resources and convictions result in well, maximum type penalties.

As a side note, attacks on federal judges (or any judges for that matter) are very rare.

The only other case that I can vaguely re-call involving the murder of a federal judge is a drug gang assassinating judge Woods. Judge Woods was also known as "Maximum John" due to his habit of imposing the maximum sentences on drug dealers.

In either case, attacks on judges and prosecutors are seen as attacks on the judicial system as a whole. Thus, they always receive more than adequate investigative resources and convictions result in well, maximum type penalties.

Joyce Vance was a U.S. attorney who appears on MSNBC occasionally, her father in law was a federal judge. He was killed by a mail bomb in Alabama,1989.

The elder Anderl, a criminal defense attorney and former Assistant Essex County Prosecutor, was in critical but stable condition after undergoing surgery at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in New Brunswick.

Daniel Anderl died after being shot in the heart.

Police have yet to establish a motive for the shooting.

Salas is the first Hispanic woman to serve on the federal bench in New Jersey. She has been in her seat for nine years and is a judge of the U.S. District Court in Newark. She worked as a public defender for nine years previously.

NJ Judge Whose Husband, Son Shot By Gunman Linked To Epstein, Gang, 'RHONJ' Cases

Maybe the killer was going after the husband. He is a criminal defense attorney, if I am not mistaken.

Yes, this ^^^^^.

MA (husband) is a criminal defense attorney and former assistant prosecutor.
He's also the one who was shot at the door, along with their son.

The fact that the judge's husband was the one shot while the judge remained safely ensconced downstairs definitely indicates to me that the odds are at least even that he was the intended victim.

I suppose it can't be completely ruled out that the attacker may have targeted DA (son) for some reason, although given the professions of both the judge and MA, the overwhelming likelihood is that the motive for this crime is tied to one of their work histories somehow.

JMO.

The suspect is a white man who wore a face covering and a FedEx uniform, and he used an ordinary car to make a getaway. He remains at-large.

Salas had received threats in the past, the sources said. Authorities are investigating whether there is any connection between those prior threats and the shooting, or whether it possibly involved the husband's work as a criminal defense attorney.

Judge Esther Salas' son shot and killed, husband injured in attack at their NJ home

If they were disguised as a FedEx employee, they would not have any idea who was answering a family door that they would shoot. It could even be an assistant or domestic helper that might answer. IMO sounds like this crime was a message. They did not know who would answer the door. And just shot.

Judge Salas was assigned the civil case suing DEUTSCHE BANK over relations to JEFFREY EPSTEIN only four days ago.

Judge Esther Salas was assigned this case in the District of New Jersey this past Wednesday - now her son is dead and her husband shot.

Deutsche Bank Investors Sue Over Epstein Ties, Stock Drops

No one is safe who is connected in any way to JE case or even to his pedophile sidekick, GM.

Every one of them should have 24/7 protection or more bodies are going to fall imo.

These are high powered people who easily can find a professional hitman.

They won't go to the streets to find these horrid individuals. They have enough money to pay for professionals, and not some druggie willing to make a quick buck.

My heart is broken for the Judge. Their son was their only child. Her poor husband probably doesnt even know yet they have lost their only beloved son. :(

I pray her husband will recover allowing him to tell LE what transpired.

The Judge was lucky she was in the basement at the time or she would be shot too.

No professional hitman wants to enter the home of their targets if it can be handled standing outside. It prevents even the slightest link of any evidence of themselves being left behind inside.

This reminds me of Lita Sullivan's murder for hire case. That hitman knocked on her door with a bouquet of roses, and when she opened her door he fired his weapon killing her instantly.

Prays for all!

Jmho

Federal judge’s son killed, husband shot by unknown gunman at their N.J. home

SABBM:

North Brunswick Mayor Francis “Mac” Womack said the judge’s husband was in critical condition and underwent surgery and is now in stable condition. He confirmed the couple’s son had died.

The FBI said they were searching for one suspect, and asked for help from the public.

Anderl served as an assistant prosecutor in Essex County before entering private practice.

Their son was a student at Catholic University.

Salas, 51, has handled cases involving members of the Grape Street Crips, in connection with a long-running drug-trafficking network that was taken down by the FBI in 2015. She was also the judge who sent Real Housewives stars Joe and Teresa Giudice to prison.

Given the fact that it was the husband who was initially shot when he answered the door, it's looking like the husband is as likely to have been the intended victim as the judge.

JMO.

I'm not sure. Whoever answered the door would be eliminated by the hitman. They would have to eliminate any threats, and witnesses or all three could have been targets. No hitman would linger around. They come, and leave as quickly as they came.

I do think this is probably a professional hit.

It's impossible at this time to know the target or motive.

The judge could still be the main target. Shooting both her husband, and only son would send a strong message to her even when leaving her alive to deal with the tragedy.

What can be worse other losing one's own life...than to see the two people she loves the most shot in her home.

I'm glad all powerful LE agencies have been called in on this case.

Jmho

I'm not sure. Whoever answered the door would be eliminated by the hitman. They would have to eliminate any threats, and witnesses or all three could have been targets. No hitman would linger around. They come, and leave as quickly as they came.

I do think this is probably a professional hit.

It's impossible at this time to know the target or motive.

The judge could still be the main target. Shooting both her husband, and only son would send a strong message to her even when leaving her alive to deal with the tragedy.

What can be worse other losing one's own life...than to see the two people she loves the most shot in her home.

I'm glad all powerful LE agencies have been called in on this case.

Jmho

Professional hitmen are not typically instructed to, 'Just shoot whoever answers the door."

Professional hitmen are hired to take out specific targets.
They also don't usually leave live victims behind (MA).

I think it's more likely to be someone with a personal axe to grind/grudge against one of the family members.

It's more likely than not that there are multiple security cameras on their street, in addition to at their actual residence, that will have captured the vehicle the shooter drove. MA may also be able to provide LE with valuable info once he regains consciousness.

I anticipate that we'll see an arrest made relatively quickly in this case.

JMO.

Suspect found dead of self-inflicted gun shot wound. Was an attorney in one of her cases.

WPVI Channel 6 Action News Philadelphia - watching live now.

The deceased suspect was an attorney who had a case before Judge Salas in 2015.

A FedEx package addressed to Judge Salas was discovered in the car. The suspect who opened fire at the New Jersey home of US District Judge Esther Salas died by suicide near Liberty, NY.

The suspect was found dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound near Campsite Road and Berry Brook Road in Sullivan County. A municipal employee discovered the body in a car.

Judge Esther Salas' son shot and killed, husband injured in attack at their NJ home

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearl lemon
Back