NJ - Daniel Anderl, fatally shot at home by gunman, son of Fed Judge Salas, N. Brunswick 19 Jul 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Judge Esther Salas speaks out about new law after shooting death of her son

I would want people to know about my Daniel that he always put others before himself, and that's why I know he would want me to do what I'm doing now because he would want others to be protected," Salas told Savannah Guthrie on TODAY Monday.

"I know that Daniel's looking down and saying, 'Mom, keep it going, keep it going because we need to make sure that everyone is safe.'"

The law is good and needed. It, should, however, be expanded to include everyone.

I once assisted a woman to "hide" from her violent ex husband whom she feared would start to stalk her. I was surprised to see that there were about 15 online search services offering "address location" searches based on name and DOB.

In addition, several sites offered the ability to perform far more comprehensive searches if one paid the membership fee and had a token reason for needing the service (profession, position at work etc).

In short, the woman had the same chances of being victimized as a judge and needs the same level of protection.

Last edited:
U.S. District Court Judge Esther Salas, whose son was killed and her husband wounded in an attack meant for her, says the gunman also had his sights on Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor. Salas reveals for the first time authorities found a dossier on Sotomayor in a locker used by her assailant, Roy Den Hollander, a lawyer who had a case before Salas and committed suicide after killing her son, Daniel. Salas appears in a Bill Whitaker report on the dramatic rise in the number of threats against federal judges in the U.S. to be broadcast Sunday, February 21, at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.   

Federal judge whose son was killed in attack says gunman targeted Sonia Sotomayor - 60 Minutes - CBS News

U.S. District Court Judge Esther Salas, whose son was killed and her husband wounded in an attack meant for her, says the gunman also had his sights on Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor. Salas reveals for the first time authorities found a dossier on Sotomayor in a locker used by her assailant, Roy Den Hollander, a lawyer who had a case before Salas and committed suicide after killing her son, Daniel. Salas appears in a Bill Whitaker report on the dramatic rise in the number of threats against federal judges in the U.S. to be broadcast Sunday, February 21, at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.   

Federal judge whose son was killed in attack says gunman targeted Sonia Sotomayor - 60 Minutes - CBS News

I can't like your post, it's just so infuriating that there is a type of man out there, that purposely targets female judges and other female professionals. It's such a tragedy and waste.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearl lemon
Back