AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“They’re saying I didn’t love my kids and I just gave my kids away to someone … and that supposedly my mom was prostituting me,” Alavez Perez said during a phone interview Thursday.

Alavez Perez, who lives in an apartment near her parents, shares joint custody of Dulce with her mom and the kids live with her parents.

When she gave birth to Dulce at age 14, her parents had Dulce live with them because they didn’t think their daughter was responsible enough to care for her, she said. They love Dulce as if she is their own daughter, she said.

Mom of missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez avoiding public after critical comments about her behavior

*I’m drawing a blank right now. Where were 8/9 year and 3 yr old living? Was/is mom living alone?

“They’re saying I didn’t love my kids and I just gave my kids away to someone … and that supposedly my mom was prostituting me,” Alavez Perez said during a phone interview Thursday.

Alavez Perez, who lives in an apartment near her parents, shares joint custody of Dulce with her mom and the kids live with her parents.

When she gave birth to Dulce at age 14, her parents had Dulce live with them because they didn’t think their daughter was responsible enough to care for her, she said. They love Dulce as if she is their own daughter, she said.

Mom of missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez avoiding public after critical comments about her behavior

*I’m drawing a blank right now. Where were 8/9 year and 3 yr old living? Was/is mom living alone?

The 8/9 year old is Dulces aunt.

upload_2019-9-23_11-55-51.jpeg
“The police think our family did this,” Alavez told NJ.com. “They think I did something to her.”

Alavez did not elaborate on that alleged claim, but denied that she or any of the girl’s other relatives was involved in her apparent abduction.

“I didn’t,” Alavez continued. “I love my daughter. I would never do nothing bad to her.”

The girl’s father lives in Mexico, but still has relatives in Bridgeton who told him about his daughter’s disappearance, said Alavez, who pleaded with whoever took the girl to return her safely.

“Come back,” Alavez posted on Facebook early Wednesday along with a photo of Dulce and a boy believed to be her brother. “We miss you.”

The post was later deleted.
https://nypost.com/2019/09/18/mom-of-dulce-alavez-denies-family-was-involved-in-girls-disappearance/

LE and news articles continue mentioning the red van when, during one of the press conferences LE said it could have been a red SUV. Are they back to being sure it was a red VAN?

Police continue to search for missing 5-year-old girl, offer $20K reward

I remember seeing an interview with Bridgeton police where it was stated they weren’t even sure if it was a cargo van or a mini van, and they were trying to determine what makes of red vans with sliding doors exist. (I’m trying to find the link) This leads me to believe the vehicle was mentioned in witness statements only and never even seen on any video. This may hav also led the delay in issuing the alert since there wasn’t a make/model or tag to go on. I live a few hours away and saw a red van being pulled over the morning after the alert was issued and I’m sure it was only one of many.
As I was sitting in traffic it suddenly seemed like every other vehicle was a red van of sorts since that was what they were looking for. You don’t realize how many there are until it becomes like a needle in a haystack.

I think the lag was because the witnesses didn’t give a description until the next day. Once they leaned on the basketball players again they gave this weird description, which is why I think it was made up.
That's what I read too. And to add I don't believe LE has any CCTV shots of the van (yet anyway) because it's never been clarified if it was a van, an SUV or a minivan. Originally it was "van" but later LE said van or SUV. But a vehicle with a sliding door that allows a witness to see a child put in the back seat sounds very much like a minivan.

Plus most work vans that have sliding doors on the side don't have back seats. I know I'm nitpicking but I wish LE would clarify which they think it was; with so many red van like vehicles on the road it would narrow down the possibilities.

The 8 year is mom's niece iirc. Mom's sister's daughter. Mom lives in a room nearby the family home. 3 year old, and Dulce, live with their grandparents.

Dulce’s uncle, Abad Perez, pleaded for his niece’s safe return with those at the vigil. He stood in the center of a circle that was gathered around him in a sea of yellow shirts -- the same color shirt Dulce was wearing when she went missing.

“As a father, I’m begging you,” he said in Spanish after the vigil concluded. “Maybe there’s a chance you’ll see this but I’m begging you return my niece. Please, I’m begging you.”

“She didn’t hurt anyone, she’s just an innocent girl who loves to play games. What’s the reason she disappeared? Anyone who sees anything. Today we need information. Support the police. We want the girl back, we want her to come back home. Please." he said.
Minutes later, her son ran back to the car crying and pointing to the area where he last saw Dulce, police said. He told his mom that someone had knocked his ice cream out of his grasp, the mother previously said.
Community prays for safe return of missing 5-year-old N.J. girl

Last edited:
If a child was going to be taken for illegal adoptions it wouldn’t be a Mexican child imo. It would be a white child. A child that could pass as white.

If it’s not a stranger abduction for his own selfish reasons I would think human trafficking or child *advertiser censored* trafficking. Not black market adoptions.

Plus, wouldn't the 3 year-old have been a better choice for ppl looking to adopt? I would think the older and more verbal a child is, the more difficult that sort of thing would be? I mean by 5, a lot of kids know how to text, access social media accounts, all sorts of stuff. I would think school aged kids wouldn't be as desirable for that kind of thing??

This is out there but. I wonder since there are so many undocumented people in that town if someone got the bright idea to black market kids for adoption? Feel more than free to shoot me down.
Shoot you down? Not I. I’m wondering how you got in my head. They’ll have to shoot us both. I don’t think it was for adoption though. imo

Plus, wouldn't the 3 year-old have been a better choice for ppl looking to adopt? I would think the older and more verbal a child is, the more difficult that sort of thing would be? I mean by 5, a lot of kids know how to text, access social media accounts, all sorts of stuff. I would think school aged kids wouldn't be as desirable for that kind of thing??

I meant to mention age too. She’s too old for black market adoption imo.

Yes I can understand this. Being five months pregnant would likely make her less prone to activity like chasing kids in a park too. At least it would me.

While all the above adds up, something is still itching at me. Some unspoken piece of info. The manner in which the alleged Perp “fled” with the child sounds caring and fatherly; carefully buckling her in.

That’s not adding up in a grab and flee scenario. ?

Amateur opinion and speculation

I’m not sure it’s ever been said that she was buckled in, just set in the back and the man drove away.

Last edited:
Her mother told authorities that she was sitting in a parking lot near the park and didn’t see what happened to Dulce, CBS Philadelphia reported. She was last seen playing on the swings with her brother who is 3. Her mom was 30 yards away in the parking lot with an 8-year-old relative, CNN reported. The mom said that her son returned to the car crying, without his sister. When she went to look for Dulce, she couldn’t find her.
Dulce Maria Alavez Missing in New Jersey: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

* there are some nice maps here.
Who is the witness that saw her on the swings?

Last edited:
If a child was going to be taken for illegal adoptions it wouldn’t be a Mexican child imo. It would be a white child. Or a child that could pass as white.

If it’s not a stranger abduction for his own selfish reasons I would think human trafficking or child *advertiser censored* trafficking. Not black market adoptions.
Bingo.

Each child had an ice cream in hand as they ran toward the playground, Alavez Pérez said.

About 10 minutes later, the mother saw the 3-year-old boy upset and crying, his ice cream on the ground and his sister nowhere to be found. The boy pointed behind some buildings saying his sister went that way, Alavez Pérez said.
'Don't Be Afraid of Police': Grandmom Pleads for Help

The alert stated: “The man led Dulce from the playground to a red van with a sliding side door and tinted windows. Dulce was seated in the black seat by the male and the male drove away with Dulce at approximately 4:20 p.m.”

Webb-McRae said Thursday authorities are pursuing "information from all different sources," including the identity of the man described in the alert.

"That info is still good and it is still being pursued," Webb-McRae said.

The scope of the investigation is not centered solely on the possible abductor though, according to the prosecutor's comments.

"We are following up on every single lead that we get — that was one of the leads that we've gotten," Webb-McRae said. "Obviously, we have to take every single lead that we get seriously. So when we got that information, we obviously put it out and we are pursuing it.

"But we are not excluding any other leads, any other information, any other person, any other car, any other description of anyone who someone thinks they'd be involved in this disappearance," she said.

Police Chief Michael Gaimari late Tuesday said the girl's mother is not suspected of misleading investigators but just was not in a position to see what happened to her daughter.

The parallel consideration that a crime might have been committed was a precautionary move, he said.
Grandmother tearfully appeals for help to find missing 5-year-old girl, Dulce Alavez

It sounds from this article as though the town is typically full of kids, out having fun too. Very sad.I

"Parents perch themselves on the porch, keeping an eye on the neighborhood children as they gossip and chat with each other in Spanglish. The older kids walk hand-in-hand with the younger ones to the corner bodega, not a worry in mind."
Close-knit community left in fear as mystery surrounds disappearance of 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez

All three cities in Cumberland County (Bridgeton, Millville and Vineland) have downtown/"Main Street" areas that are pretty much exactly the same as they were when I was a kid, my parents and grandparents were kids, and my great-grandparents were the immigrants. Public spaces, shops, bakeries. The downtown neighborhoods have small streets with low speed limits and big, old duplex and triplex houses with porches right up on the sidewalk. Typical NJ factory/mill towns, I guess. Kids play in the street neighbors watch … "come home when the streetlights come on" … neighborhoods like that lend themselves to that kind of play.

There's a lot of crime according to the stats I guess, but it doesn't feel like a dangerous place at all when you live here.

Dulce's mother, Noema Alavez Perez, said her daughter "would never run off" or "walk by herself."

"It could be anybody. We don't know if it's a family member, strangers," Dulce's aunt, Nayiber Alavez, told reporters Wednesday. "But the only thing we're asking is for her to come back home safely."
'You can't imagine what we are going through': Family of missing girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member