AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents of young children...and most people in general...need to put their phones up when in a public place. People aren't paying attention to their surroundings these days.

Lack of situational awareness is a contributing factor to many unhappy events. Leaves children under their care vulnerable to abduction or injury. Leaves the individual unaware that they are being targeted for attack or in danger of injury from an actor or a moving object. With ear buds, leaves the individual at risk from not hearing an urgent warning of impending danger. The list goes on. Folks are married to their cell phones and oblivious to their surroundings with its inherent dangers and risks. It's not just texting and driving or walking into a lamp post because ones nose is glued to the screen.

I just “ walked” street view virtually on maps trying to see what business are close enough to walk to and from the park in little to no time. I found an article that mentioned her school and was exploring the small radius of that, the convenience store, the park. One thing that caught my attention is how many red vehicles are in this town! I almost wonder now if that was a red-herring. It seems like every 5th car is red. Additionally, their is a community action partnership that appears very close to the park and Appears to bring in a lot of different walks of life due to their different programs. I’m assuming their surveillance Has been pulled.

Otto - never read that picture/video was requested for dates other than the 16th.

I'll map that out later this afternoon. Now that the red van has been excluded, I'm more curious about the surrounding walkable areas. Has anyone found trail maps for the park?

Is this what you are looking for Otto?

"You can view maps for more than 30,000 miles of multi-use trails, save your favorite trails, add and edit trail descriptions, and even share reviews and photos!" Bike, Fishing, Walking.

States: New Jersey
Counties: Cumberland
Length: 1.4 miles
Trail end points: Ware Ave. and Sharp St.

Bike Trails, Walking Trails, Hiking Trails, Trail Maps | TrailLink

Find a Trail for Hiking, Walking, Biking, Running | TrailLink

BRIDGETON, N.J. (CBS) — The Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office has released the 911 call when the mother of 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez reported her daughter’s disappearance from a park in Bridgeton. Dulce has now been missing for over two weeks.

"In the call from Sept. 16, an emotional Noema Alavez Perez told the 911 dispatcher that she couldn’t find her daughter at Bridgeton City Park."

First link is 911 call only. soundcloud.com

‘I Can’t Find My Daughter’: Officials Release Mother’s 911 Call Reporting Dulce Maria Alavez Missing

'I Can't Find My Daughter': Officials Release Mother's 911 Call Reporting Dulce Maria Alavez Missing

Last edited:
BRIDGETON, N.J. (CBS) — The Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office has released the 911 call when the mother of 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez reported her daughter’s disappearance from a park in Bridgeton. Dulce has now been missing for over two weeks.

"In the call from Sept. 16, an e

"In the call from Sept. 16, an emotional Noema Alavez Perez told the 911 dispatcher that she couldn’t find her daughter at Bridgeton City Park."

'I Can't Find My Daughter': Officials Release Mother's 911 Call Reporting Dulce Maria Alavez Missing

“They said somebody threw his ice cream on the floor and my daughter just ran away,” Alavez Perez said.

Who is they?

reply did not work

They, people at the park watched the ice cream getting knocked to the ground They saw the incident, they told mom Dulce ran away.
But then she said people told her somebody probably took her.

Last edited:
Is this what you are looking for Otto?

"You can view maps for more than 30,000 miles of multi-use trails, save your favorite trails, add and edit trail descriptions, and even share reviews and photos!" Bike, Fishing, Walking.

States: New Jersey
Counties: Cumberland
Length: 1.4 miles
Trail end points: Ware Ave. and Sharp St.

Bike Trails, Walking Trails, Hiking Trails, Trail Maps | TrailLink

Find a Trail for Hiking, Walking, Biking, Running | TrailLink

Thank you! I looked at those, as well as city trail maps, and found nothing. It's like the trails aren't mapped, or I'm missing something.

upload_2019-10-3_13-33-3.png

She sounded scared to me in the 911 call.

When she says "We were up there at the park and people say that somebody probably took her" I can see a bunch of people walking around looking and saying, in Spanish, "OMG maybe someone took her??"

And then when police arrive everyone scatters.

I think the mispronouncement of Dulce's name and the brush off reaction to being corrected was hurtful.
Unfortunately I think it is probably all too familiar to the Mexican American community in the Bridgeton area. It is a reason I did not find Noema's interviews to be an inappropiate reaction like some have criticized.
I don't like to generalize, but have experienced Mexican and other South American folks in the area often seem a bit withdrawn and guarded in expressing emotion in comparison to people of other cultures in the area when you first meet. After some time it is easy to see this is not their way of interacting with each other or those who they develop a trust and respect with.
I believe there is a distrust and maybe a reaction to being disrespected or dismissed due to culture or language differences.
The ICE response has not helped either.
Surely this community does not take offense to what you mentioned. I would never go to Mexico, plop myself down in the middle of that country and expect them (community, govt, police, etc.) to speak English like I do. I wouldn't do that in Peru, Spain, Holland, Portugal, Africa, Guatemala, France, etc. and I would help in any way I could to find a missing child. I would think "distrust" stems from personal decisions some of the community has made, not from actions of the professionals trying to find this child. However, those were decisions they made and they should step up to help find the child and deal with their own personal consequences irregardless. If they are in that much fear, they should probably re-think their living situations.

They aren't asking them to speak Spanish.

It's not asking too much for someone leading the investigation on a criminal case to know how the victim's NAME is pronounced.

It's also not asking too much for them to be respectful and correct it when they are told how it's pronounced.

Knowing her name is very basic and vital to searching for her. It's not asking too much.

They aren't asking them to speak Spanish.

It's not asking too much for someone leading the investigation on a criminal case to know how the victim's NAME is pronounced.

It's also not asking too much for them to be respectful and correct it when they are told how it's pronounced.

Knowing her name is very basic and vital to searching for her. It's not asking too much.

People are funny when it comes to names that are not British sounding. They can't help it. They don't like to pronounce new words and sounds. It's not the exception, but the rule that they are afraid to say it wrong, so they try to say it the way they think they should and often get it wrong. It is the exception that they deliberately mispronounce a name, but that happens too.

At convocations, the person handing out the diplomas will quickly ask how the name is pronounced before announcing it to the audience. Teachers make a special effort to learn names at the beginning of the school year. It's a sign of respect.

Investigators, prosecutors, officers and news reporters have a responsibility to know how to pronounce the name of a missing person before they open their mouths. Anything less is disrespectful, and can be perceived as a general disregard for the plight of the missing person.

... just an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member