AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s both unnecessary and sickening. The pictures of the little aunt all alone and surrounded by media. The picture of Noema walking with her parents, her little boy and her little sister....ugh...it is symbolic almost as it seems to be just the 5 of them against terrible odds. It’s freezing cold outside now. Whether Dulce is well or deceased, I can’t imagine knowing she’s out there. And Noema must be 2 months or so from delivery now. This is so upsetting. I want someone to blame and be angry at!!!
ITA This is a dangerous situation for Noema & her unborn baby to be in...I understand she wants to search, but it is not good for her to be doing so. I can not blame her, though, since there are very few volunteering to help. It’s a lose-lose situation for her :(
Where are the leaders in the community or even nearby communities??

This is such a strange case. I cannot figure out why on earth this family seems so alone in the search. I’m certainly not an expert on child abduction cases, but in the ones I’ve followed I’ve never seen anything like this.

MOO.
I’ve never seen it either. It’s the oddest thing!

Agreed. Even in a current case here on WS where the mother is charged, neighbors, the community, law enforcement in 2 states came flooding out and found that poor little girl a state away inside of a WEEK after God only knows how long she’d been missing for real. But Dulce? No charges are filed but rumors are rampant and searchers are few and where are the droves of LE? Where is the outrage for Dulce no matter anyone’s opinion of her mother’s guilt or innocence or parenting skills? It’s disgusting!

This is such a strange case. I cannot figure out why on earth this family seems so alone in the search. I’m certainly not an expert on child abduction cases, but in the ones I’ve followed I’ve never seen anything like this.

MOO.

That is a huge area to search, and really needs specialized technology, trackers, and sniffers. Not to say a citizen can’t help, but technology makes it so much easier.

amateur opinion and speculation

Speaking of technology, have any of the searchers used drones to search the area for Dulce?

Just my 2 cents here but it's not surprising that Dulce's story has been slowly slipping away. Unlike other cases this may actually be a stranger abduction so there are no suspects to focus on. And the Bridgeton Hispanic community appears to be reluctant to come forward due to immigration issues. LE has no new leads so where exactly should they focus searches?

Without a local reporter willing to dog the case and keep posting stories (think Deorr Kunz and reporter Nate Eaton for example) and LE staying quiet there's nothing to report on. And as for social media attacking the family, well we've been seeing more and more of that in recent cases and IMO there's not a lot that can be done to stop the rumor mill.

Often there's a reason such as a parent or caregiver being named a suspect but sadly IMO anonymous posters on FB and other social media don't seem to understand the difference between a suspect and an innocent family. Maybe it's because people need to focus their anger and frustration on someone, anyone or maybe people are just cruel and unthinking. I don't know.

In my experience following cases LE rarely keeps the family in the loop of what's being done to find their loved one but I have seen exceptions. Dulce's case is not one of those exceptions. Bridgeton LE may be following suggestions from the FBI or maybe they are inexperienced; in a perfect situation they would stress that the family is cooperating and give us updates once a week. But that's not happening here.

All we can do is continue to support Dulce's family on this thread until something breaks. If this is a stranger abduction it could be years before she is found (think Isabel Celis) and until then her case will sit in Limbo along with Myra Lewis, Rondreiz Phillips, Leonna Wright and all the other little innocents that have yet to be found. I do believe this case will crack but I don't know when.

All MOO.

Initially I strongly believed in this scenario but given the time that has elapsed since Dulce's disappearance and the efforts of not only local LE but the FBI IMO I now believe either something is being withheld from the public or it was a stranger abduction.

The lack of any connection to family troubles by LE leads me to believe a stranger took Dulce. For one thing, IMO her mother is somewhat naive and it wouldn't take LE long to "break" her if she knew anything. I also doubt Dulce's grandparents would withhold information as they want her home and would share any and all of what they know or think with LE.

Also, it's not a stretch by any means to imagine a stranger stalking children in a large local park. A few threads back I mentioned that I read the journal of a convicted child murderer. It was a real eye opener. He detailed his "favorite hunting grounds" - parks - and his observation of children who were apart from parents or siblings. In some cases his "prey" got away when a parent showed up.

This felon moved from place to place and familiarized himself of places where children commonly gathered. And while he was cautious his need to find a victim was strong enough that he was willing to take chances in order to fulfill this need. In fact it was his downfall as he was finally caught when he became too brazen.

So, based on the statements of a captured child killer, LE's lack of a solid profile and no indication from Dulce's family of a known suspect I find it highly probable that we're looking at a stranger who may or may not be local and who may or may not be a transient.

Dulce's mother has no motive, Dulce's family have no motive. LE and the FBI have investigated the boyfriend and Dulce's father. What's left? IMO someone unknown to the family and maybe even the community.

Give me a reason why Dulce's mom and family would withhold information on someone with a grudge against them strong enough, so awful enough to harm a 5 year old then I'll reconsider a known abductor. MOO.
Agree all the way.
A park -- perfect place to find a cute little girl or boy. If you like roses, go to a rose garden, right? Go to where they are. Kids hide from each other -- behind trees, shrubs, landscape-keeping sheds, park benches, refreshment stands, etc., which provides perfect cover for the quick pick-up of a child. Use a prop if that works well -- a puppy, a candy bar, a basketball, a doll, etc.
Someone with child-kidnap experience has things set and ready to go -- have the car running, have ready a mouth gag, a rope or cloth to bind the child, a blanket to cover and hide the child, a get-away route, and a place to go.
The kidnapper can't get there fast enuff. Gotta be quick. And as we have seen, time and time again, usually the victim is dead within 24 hours, and the evidence (the child and whatever touched the child) is tossed in dumpsters, rivers, wells, etc. SMH.
Let's hope for a break for this sweet little girl and her scared and sad family.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents here but it's not surprising that Dulce's story has been slowly slipping away. Unlike other cases this may actually be a stranger abduction so there are no suspects to focus on. And the Bridgeton Hispanic community appears to be reluctant to come forward due to immigration issues. LE has no new leads so where exactly should they focus searches?

Without a local reporter willing to dog the case and keep posting stories (think Deorr Kunz and reporter Nate Eaton for example) and LE staying quiet there's nothing to report on. And as for social media attacking the family, well we've been seeing more and more of that in recent cases and IMO there's not a lot that can be done to stop the rumor mill.

Often there's a reason such as a parent or caregiver being named a suspect but sadly IMO anonymous posters on FB and other social media don't seem to understand the difference between a suspect and an innocent family. Maybe it's because people need to focus their anger and frustration on someone, anyone or maybe people are just cruel and unthinking. I don't know.

In my experience following cases LE rarely keeps the family in the loop of what's being done to find their loved one but I have seen exceptions. Dulce's case is not one of those exceptions. Bridgeton LE may be following suggestions from the FBI or maybe they are inexperienced; in a perfect situation they would stress that the family is cooperating and give us updates once a week. But that's not happening here.

All we can do is continue to support Dulce's family on this thread until something breaks. If this is a stranger abduction it could be years before she is found (think Isabel Celis) and until then her case will sit in Limbo along with Myra Lewis, Rondreiz Phillips, Leonna Wright and all the other little innocents that have yet to be found. I do believe this case will crack but I don't know when.

All MOO.
I hate this post....but you are right.

2) the Fbi will begin a new search in the coming days including both k9 and dive teams -search will include water ways that have not yet been searched

4) the park wants to charge $250 for a permit to hold the vigil - so instead this lady Annie will host it on her property at 6pm on Saturday. She lives on 10 acres by N.J. state police barracks and some skate park in Bridgeton?
She and Jackie ordered candles from amazon. They are looking for a member of clergy to lead them in prayer but are unable to find anyone willing. They even reached out to Noema pastor and he is not able to make it for whatever reason. Will pray amongst themselves if unable to get a clergy member to attend.

SBM for focus, and BBM.

I am glad that the FBI will be focusing on water searches. I have always felt that if Dulce is no longer alive, that is the most likely nearby location for her remains. I just hope we are not dealing with a disposal at sea, in which case the chance of recovering her is slim.

I find the clergy's unwillingness to participate in a vigil heartbreaking. One particular pastor not being available is understandable - but NONE of those in town or nearby? It reinforces the sense that there is something truly unusual or "off" that is causing people to stay at arms' length. And I feel that as long as Websleuthers don't know what that is, we're missing a huge part of the story. I just hope the police and FBI are far more in the loop about the dynamic surrounding this family and community than we are.

I am thinking of going to the vigil, to attempt to show some outside support for the search for this little one. It will depend on the weather (my asthma has been terrible lately). But Dulce María deserves to be found, to be remembered and valued by humanity, regardless of the unfathomable currents swirling around the town of Bridgeton and her family. If I get there I definitely will report back here.

SBM for focus, and BBM.

I am glad that the FBI will be focusing on water searches. I have always felt that if Dulce is no longer alive, that is the most likely nearby location for her remains. I just hope we are not dealing with a disposal at sea, in which case the chance of recovering her is slim.

I find the clergy's unwillingness to participate in a vigil heartbreaking. One particular pastor not being available is understandable - but NONE of those in town or nearby? It reinforces the sense that there is something truly unusual or "off" that is causing people to stay at arms' length. And I feel that as long as Websleuthers don't know what that is, we're missing a huge part of the story. I just hope the police and FBI are far more in the loop about the dynamic surrounding this family and community than we are.

I am thinking of going to the vigil, to attempt to show some outside support for the search for this little one. It will depend on the weather (my asthma has been terrible lately). But Dulce María deserves to be found, to be remembered and valued by humanity, regardless of the unfathomable currents swirling around the town of Bridgeton and her family. If I get there I definitely will report back here.
Yeah, why is the clergy bowing out? That is beyond odd!

"Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae told New Jersey 101.5 that investigators from the FBI, State Police, her office and Bridgetown police are "working as hard today as they did on day one" but admits it is frustrating to follow up on so many leads without finding Dulce.

"We are holding out hope that we find Dulce. We still need the public's help as to information and any sighting or clue that may help us crack this case," Webb-McRae said.

Rodriguez said law enforcement has been doing a "wonderful job" trying to locate Dulce."

Read More: Vigil to mark 2 months since girl, 5, vanished from NJ park | Vigil to mark 2 months since girl, 5, vanished from NJ park

NEW JERSEY – Investigators say the Amber Alert search for 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez remains active, and has even expanded, as the community plans to hold a vigil for the missing girl this weekend.

Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae said the two-month-old case is active and isn't "cold," adding that the family has been very cooperative as investigators have expanded their efforts.

Investigators are now searching wooded areas, waterways and vacant buildings in the Bridgeton area, she said. They've also checked on the status of sex offenders in South Jersey to see if they have any possible connections to the case.

Robert Lowery, the vice president overseeing the missing children division with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, told nj.com that "we've seen cases where the circumstances were dire and we've seen the children come back home safe after long periods of time, and we're hopeful this will be the case with Dulce."

Expanded Search In Amber Alert Probe For 5-Year-Old NJ Girl

Thank you @cass523 for posting these articles/updates. Holding onto whatever little bread crumbs of info that we can get while we wait...this is hard:(
Yeah, it's frustrating having to wait for news. But at least articles like the two released today (that @cass523 linked to above) keep Dulce's name in the news. Maybe regularly seeing her face and reading her name will spur someone who has critical information to be brave enough to come forward.

And LE stressing that the family is cooperating and they are not considering Dulce's case to be "cold" and continue to actively investigate is also important IMO. The community needs to know this case is not going away.
Expanded Search In Amber Alert Probe For 5-Year-Old NJ Girl

Just an idle thought: I hope LE/FBI is monitoring other similar cases around the country since it's possible, if not likely, that if a stranger took Dulce he will do it again. I hope the Bridgeton community is keeping a close eye on their children. MOO.

Last edited:
I don’t know how to link a fb post to this thread but this is from the Cumberland Co prosecutors page.

Attachments

• C99CCD64-B9FE-47DD-85D5-DEA469FC7AA8.jpeg
    C99CCD64-B9FE-47DD-85D5-DEA469FC7AA8.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DD4F0B13-88B2-47E1-842E-40A592216EB1.jpeg
    DD4F0B13-88B2-47E1-842E-40A592216EB1.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 39
New Search, Family Details In Amber Alert For 5-Year-Old NJ Girl
Tomorrow is the 2 month anniversary of her abduction. The family is holding a candle light memorial prayer event.

Didn't LE say at one point that they believed she was no longer in the area?
From Cumberland County Prosecutor (not police):
  • Webb-McRae, however, told The Vineland Daily Journal that extensive searches have already been conducted and turned up nothing, so it was more than likely she was no longer in the area.
  • “I would think that, because of the amount of law enforcement that has been in this area and has contributed to this investigation, that it may be probable that she’s not in this area,” Webb-McRae told the publication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C