AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually this was just the perfect storm IMO. I don’t feel that mom had anything to do with it. Her behavior might of been more questionable to me if I couldn’t relate so much to the family situation. The moms behavior is much more lax with the children then for example my own would be. However my own daughter is the same way. She isn’t as watchful over her kids my daughter is many years older wasn’t a teen mom. But she made bad choices doesn’t have custody of her kids. We have the youngest and I think due to the fact that she never HAD to be responsible etc . She just doesn’t have the understanding to now even though her kids are 4 and 7 that she can’t just let them do certain things. She doesn’t have her guard up so to speak . She’s never been on her own from the beginning to understand what kids can do and how much we/ she has a parent has to protect them. It’s really not so much her fault she’s just not used to being fully on guard and responsible that she’s really not responsible to a degree thAt we can’t even try to explain. She also would be exactly one to worry about what people are thinking of HER and wanting to vilify herself. Therefore she also comes across the exact same way as I’m seeing this mother portrayed. I mean honestly it’s not really portrayed that way maybe she is that way. My own daughter I sadly admit is. However in this situation maybe she was not as responsible as most would be. But I don’t think for one second she has anything to do with it. Jmo moo etc.

Bridgeton Police say they have been attempting to contact the girl’s father, who lives in Mexico, as they explore every possibility.
Search for Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, continues; Reward offered

Ivan Lucero, owner of Tortilleria El Paisano, announced Thursday that he and his company would be offering a $5,000 reward for information regarding Alavez’s whereabouts.

“Hopefully people see we stepped up and there will be other businesses that will step up,” Lucero said. “When it comes to money, people will even look under rocks for someone…”
Business owner offers $5,000 reward in Dulce Maria Alavez search

I too am a new member from the South Jersey area, found this whole case particularly disturbing. Alas I haven't been down to Bridgeton much myself, though apparently I have a long family history there dating back to the 1800s. Mostly known for a large minority population (particularly immigrants, documented or not), poverty, low employment, a state prison, and crime (higher than 95% of other municipalities nationwide). Often known locally as rural Camden.

Anyhow, I looked over the maps and some other pictures of the park people posted in Google Reviews. I was planning on posting these pics shortly. In the mean time, I'm trying to draw possible escape routes and color coding where events allegedly took place.

If I had to guess why mom's car was towed, it's because a lot of people down that way, particularly undocumented immigrants, drive without a license or insurance. Being that she seems to have no known income source of her own, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here.
We ❤️ our locals. Thank you.

I too am a new member from the South Jersey area, found this whole case particularly disturbing. Alas I haven't been down to Bridgeton much myself, though apparently I have a long family history there dating back to the 1800s. Mostly known for a large minority population (particularly immigrants, documented or not), poverty, low employment, a state prison, and crime (higher than 95% of other municipalities nationwide). Often known locally as rural Camden.

Anyhow, I looked over the maps and some other pictures of the park people posted in Google Reviews. I was planning on posting these pics shortly. In the mean time, I'm trying to draw possible escape routes and color coding where events allegedly took place.

If I had to guess why mom's car was towed, it's because a lot of people down that way, particularly undocumented immigrants, drive without a license or insurance. Being that she seems to have no known income source of her own, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here.
I agree with so much you have said. Bridgeton is not the best place these days. It used to be a grand old town with nice restaurants and shops. I haven't been in a while, but really have no reason to. I used to take my kids to the zoo there many years ago. The zoo is a lovely little part of the park and can be an enjoyable walk. I'm not sure I would visit the park these days though. And I would not sub at the high school. JMO

As for routes, LE stated the van left via Burt Street and I posted a map earlier and again just above. You can see it's near the basketball court and the playground. Also not too far from the high school.

I thought the same thing about mom's car, but have since read LE stated it was towed to preserve any potential evidence. I'll look again for the article quoting that.

ETA This link says car was towed from the park for inspection. I read other articles that mentioned preserving evidence...just in case.

Mom of missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez avoiding public after critical comments about her behavior

Last edited:
Tried to color code areas that showed up in common. Turqoise/blue circled = swingsets. Purple + yellow circled buildings I believe are the one the three year old pointed to that Dulce allegedly vanished behind. Red spots are general area where I think van was probably parked. Orange is any possible method of escape - though the one poster already said the route was via Burt St. You can see the playground is actually -behind- the basketball court, if one was facing both from the parking lot. Also looks like a decline in the ground from the b-ball court down to the playground.
Buildings1.png Buildings2.png Escapes1.png Escapes2.png

Last edited:
Tried to color code areas that showed up in common. Turqoise/blue circled = swingsets. Purple + yellow circled buildings I believe are the one the three year old pointed to that Dulce allegedly vanished behind. Red spots are general area where I think van was probably parked. Orange is any possible method of escape - though the one poster already said the route was via Burt St. You can see the playground is actually -behind- the basketball court, if one was facing both from the parking lot. Also looks like a decline in the ground from the b-ball court down to the playground.
View attachment 205397 View attachment 205398 View attachment 205399 View attachment 205400
Thank you for this. Where is this baby girl?

View attachment 205397 View attachment 205398 View attachment 205399 View attachment 205400
Thank you for filling in all the colors. Nicely done.

Wow @SJSleuth...
What an amazing second post lol thank you for your work and welcome to websleuths!!! Glad to have you here

Thank you. I was perplexed when I was trying to analyze the area myself at first. It's a massive park with a number of buildings that look like they've seen better days, all of the conflicting information being thrown around in the first 2-3 days didn't help.

Last edited:
agreed but the purpose of posting the article was not to acknowledge the haters...read more into "it takes a village" in raising kids within that community. i just don't see any familial/familiar involvement which is my personal nature in these cases. but a stranger? that would be the crime of ultimate opportunity given the location/time/circumstance, IMO. almost impossible opportunity. how did a predator know that mom was still in the car and not walking towards the playground? or that one of the basketball players wouldn't come after "him"???

I certainly understood what the purpose was, but I just found it pretty disheartening that a woman can't go search for her child because of a group think mentality causing people to accuse her of things based on the fact that she ate for the first time in a day or two. Maybe they should spend a little more time searching and/or offering their assistance instead of stalking her social media and yelling at her for doing something that all humans must do in order to keep living. JMO.

Altogether, $25,000 has been contributed in a reward for any informationregarding the whereabouts of Dulce or the identification of any persons of interests related to the case.

The FBI has contributed $5,000 towards the total sum of the reward while the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Officer contributed $5,000.

Additionally, Newfield National Bank has offered $10,000 reward.

Tortilleria El Paisano, a local tortilla shop, was the first to put $5,000 towards the reward for information leading to Alavez.
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/o...rch-for-dulce-maria-alavez-25k-reward-offered

Do we know where mom was parked? Reports say she was 30 yards from the playground but if that's the other side of the basketball courts, that's too far away (at least according to Google maps).

So with Burt St being the alleged exit, the person either may have decided to go far, far away OR they may gone back into the park (worst case). If someone were to have nefarious motives, that park is densely wooded with lots of water and there'd be little reason to leave it. It's a long, slow, winding course to get out.

There are a few service roads that would get the driver over to the other side of the park, if they are open enough for a regular vehicle (and/or not chained up). It depends on how confident this person was about driving on regular roads.

If he wasn't staying in the park, then I'm guessing that Rt 77 or Rt 49 would be the fastest way out in any direction. North, East or West were the only way he could go and North or West were the only directions he could go in the long run, unless he lives locally.

I'm wondering when this vehicle will turn up. Either he owns it and is very brazen. Or he'll ditch it somewhere. Of course, there's always the chop shops of Newark.

"Please, if you have any information help us find my granddaughter. Do not be afraid of the police," the grandmother said at a press conference Thursday afternoon in Spanish. "We have not been able to eat or sleep. You can't imagine what we are going through. We are very sad."

Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae did not name the grandma because she asked not to be identified.

"Time is of the essence. We need to find young Dulce. As time passes, it gets harder to find her," Webb-McRae said at Thursday's press conference.

Webb-McRae said they believe the man being sought may have information that will "greatly assist us."

She (Webb-McRae) said the man -- described as a light-skinned, possibly Hispanic man wearing a black shirt and red pants with orange sneakers -- may not even realize he has information that could help authorities find Dulce, but she did not elaborate.

"It could be anybody. We don't know if it's a family member, strangers," Dulce's aunt, Nayiber Alavez, told reporters Wednesday. "But the only thing we're asking is for her to come back home safely."

"We don't have any solid suspects, we are investigating all the possibilities," Gaimari told reporters Wednesday. "We have video surveillance that we've gathered from all of this area as much as we could obtain."
'You can't imagine what we are going through': Family of missing girl
eta: bbm for clarity

Last edited:
She said the man -- described as a light-skinned, possibly Hispanic man wearing a black shirt and red pants with orange sneakers -- may not even realize he has information that could help authorities find Dulce, but she did not elaborate.

That’s an interesting statement...I always stop to wonder though when reading statements made in their second language if they are communicating what they meant to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee