AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case reminds me so much of Hania's case. There were vile social media rumors accusing the family in that case too and wild theories saying her father who lived in another country must have had her kidnapped. The FBI actually had to tell the community to stop spreading rumors in that case. Hania was abducted and murdered by a COMPLETE STRANGER-- a local perp with a history of raping women, who should have been locked up for his past crimes at the time he abducted Hania. She was grabbed from her front yard while waiting to go to school. The suspect was looking for something to steal and saw his opportunity to abduct her when she was alone for a moment with a running vehicle. It was a crime of opportunity by a very evil man. I have a feeling that will turn out to be the case here as well. An opportunistic pervert likely grabbed Dulce when he saw his chance. I know some want to hope Dulce is with relatives as that would mean she is more likely to be alive and unharmed but that just doesn't seem plausible to me at all at this point. The best outcome we can hope for is that the man who took her is the rare perp who had plans to keep her for a while like with the Jayme Closs case. MOO.

Tragically for numerous precious children involved, and parents of so many of the missing, and found murdered children, there is a long list just like Hania, including other parents who have also been vilified, and accused to be the ones involved.

So many other cases cause me to have horrible flashbacks, when yet another young child has been abducted, still missing...who may have been murdered as well by now. :(

Imo, it's become more common place now than rare, especially by outsiders who seem to want to judge all parents harshly from afar in these same situations. Why that is, I've never really been able to understand.

I vehemently detest any, and all parents or anyone else for that matter, who takes any beautiful precious child's lives away from them. Or causes them any harm or trauma whatsover during their entire childhood. All children deserve to be nurtured, and deserves no less than to be completely loved by their parents.

Imo, that is why we all come together here in every case involving any of society's children.

Every case of a missing child we always hope for, and many faithfully pray for the very best outcome, and are filled with such great joy when we know they have been found safe, and alive.

We all are so saddened, and devastated when we learn there is no more hope when finding out another totally defenseless child has once again been taken by evil.

It doesn't matter who the child is or who took their rights away to shine, grow, continue to bloom, and make our world a much better place for all of us.

That is WHO we are. We all care, and won't ever stop caring about our most vulnerable little members in our society.

Each time evil takes the lives of our children, we all lose.

Like I always do in every missing child case, I continue to hope, and pray for a miracle, and they will be found alive.

Just like I do now for little Dulce who is now abducted, and missing with days passing now with more dread, and worry setting in.

But I will continue to have hope until I know all hope is gone. Imo, I am not alone by any means either. I am just one person among so many countless others who will always advocate for all our precious children.

Jmho

Last edited:
Back to the suspected kidnapper and a couple of points to consider.

1. I know a lot of people are wondering why it took so long for "witnesses" to come forward with information about a kidnapping. I think Dulce didn't struggle. I think she went with him quietly. It's quite possible that no one thought for a minute that there was an issue especially if she just went with him. I know parents say all the time that their kid would never go off with a stranger but the reality is....THEY DO!

2. The description of this suspected kidnapper is very specific. The orange shoes and red pants have me intrigued to be honest. One would think that if you are out cruising around and are looking for a child to kidnap you might wear something less "vibrant". So what does this say? Either it was a spur of the moment decision and the opportunity was right and he took her or....he didn't care.

Who wears orange Nikes and red pants? It's quite the fashion statement. Were they red jeans or jogging pants? Well dressed or sloppy? Put together or thrown together? Do the colours mean something? Gang related?

The description of this guy is so specific that I am surprised someone hasn't come forward with a name.

Add that to a red van, which again, is very bright. If this guy is a seasoned criminal, into kidnapping children, I'm thinking a red van is not his first choice of vehicle.

I do not, for one second, believe Mom had anything to do with this - not at all. But there is something niggling at me about the description of the suspected kidnapper.

It's so precise. It's so "large". I'm beginning to fear that it's a red herring. I just don't know what it is that bothers me about it but there's something.

I once lost a child I was babysitting, in a grocery store. It was all of 5 minutes and we found her in the candy isle chowing down on candy. Surprise Surprise. I cannot express how I felt in those 5 minutes. My mind went to a million places, none of which were good. I was hysterical and that was after 5 minutes.

This poor mother and family. They are experiencing the absolute worst nightmare and fear of their lives.

Please find Dulce and bring her home.

Do we know why mom didn't get out of the car ( Admin, I am not calling her a suspect,I don't think she is). Why didn't the other little girl go play?
Also, Dulce's choice of ice cream was in a cup, did they recover that cup or did she take it with her?
Just wondering if I missed this info.

In one article, I read that the mom was in the car helping her 8yr old sister with homework.

When I think of the countless times I, as a five-year-old, was allowed to walk to the neighborhood playground by myself, with my little brother, or simply to wander the adjacent residential streets looking for friends and fun, this simply breaks my heart.

Our world was far from perfectly safe for children then. I know this from sad personal experience. But neither was it this horror show of evil adult intentions around every corner, just waiting for an opportunity to pounce on a vulnerable child. When we cannot allow growing, inquisitive, curious little people to spread their wings a little - to play less than 100 feet away from mom, in a park area set up for their interests and skills, without the haunting, reality-based fear that something terrible will happen to them if she looks away for just a second - some basic aspect of civilization has been lost.

I am so sad for Dulce's mom, who was trying her best to meet three active children's needs at once on a lovely fall afternoon. She didn't think they could come to harm when they were such a short distance away from her, just playing and eating ice cream, happy, busy little kids. She gave her little sister just a few minutes of one-on-one attention. She probably will regret that decision every single moment for the rest of her life, and carry the trauma and anxiety forward in every parenting decision with Manuel and the little one not yet born. Their innocence has been forever marred by what's happened to their sister, and how their mother processes it.

I hope that whatever happened to Dulce, she is not suffering now. *tears*

edit:spelling

Last edited:

1. I know a lot of people are wondering why it took so long for "witnesses" to come forward with information about a kidnapping. I think Dulce didn't struggle. I think she went with him quietly. It's quite possible that no one thought for a minute that there was an issue especially if she just went with him. I know parents say all the time that their kid would never go off with a stranger but the reality is....THEY DO!

They’ve done studies where children have gone off with total strangers, even after being educated about stranger danger, even after the parents swear their children wouldn’t go. Scary.

I have a very shy, “backwards” daughter, and she came to mind when Dulce’s mom described her as shy and wouldn’t talk to anyone. A child THAT shy will do anything not to turn attention to herself, and being 5 she probably doesn’t think of the outcome of not drawing attention in a situation like this.

I asked my shy daughter, she is now 13, what her opinion was...thinking back to her own childhood at 5 and her struggles with being shy and she said the same thing...that she may have gone with a stranger too, because she wouldn’t have hollered, screamed or made any kind of “embarrassing” actions. That scared me to think that I’d never thought about that before now.

Sigh, I think my hinky meter is waving now :-(

mine is too, but more to the point of the investigation. demographically the population of bridgeton has over 30% living below poverty level, with many immigrants and possibly non-english speaking citizens. now especially that this has been reported members of the community will be even more reluctant to come forward fearing deportation or discovery of personal crimes. look at the crime stats historically, this town has more than twice the national average...

http://www.city-data.com/city/Bridgeton-New-Jersey.html

A red van with tinted windows (not a white van of which there are a zillion), orange sneakers, acne.....someone knows this person, someone lives near to where he lives, acquaintances, work.........come on, just call it in !
Agreed! I really hope that the police have access to what ever apps are used by the community. My daughter is part of a sports team here in NJ where the parents are largely Chinese immigrants. I asked for pictures of an event and they all said "look at the whatsapp" - and showed me scores of messages I had no access to in an app I've never seen before (and I have teenagers). Many immigrant communities use these apps not facebook or instagram. And with a description this specific - red van - acne - orange sneakers - I just feel that if these facts were known within the community they would certainly be recognized.

FBI Newark
@FBINewark

Do not spread rumors on social media with respect to the search for Dulce Maria Alavez. Information is being released through official channels. Don't be responsible for distracting the focus of everyone's efforts. Let's unite to #findDulce.
FBI Newark on Twitter

A spokeswoman for the agency said the tweet was not in response to any specific rumors, but a general reminder.

'It could be anybody': Family awaits answers in desperate search for missing girl

The New Jersey State Police issued the Amber Alert for Dulce early Wednesday after investigators interviewed people who were in the area at the time she vanished. Based on those interviews, detectives believe Dulce was taken by a light-skinned, possibly Hispanic man wearing a black shirt and red pants with orange sneakers.

The unidentified man is described as being around 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 and having a thin build, acne and no facial hair. He was last seen leading Dulce from the Bridgeton City Park playground into a red van with tinted windows and a sliding door on Monday at approximately 4:20 p.m. local time, according to the New Jersey State Police.

"We don't have any solid suspects, we are investigating all the possibilities," Gaimari told reporters Wednesday. "We have video surveillance that we've gathered from all of this area as much as we could obtain."

'It could be anybody': Family awaits answers in desperate search for missing girl

bbm

Mom, Dad, Baby Daddy and the gentlemen at the ice cream store are OFF LIMITS! They are not persons of interest nor suspects in this case!
I can understand the mother, father, or boyfriend, but the guy in the store? I don't think there is anything to it, but if there is video of a child 20 minutes before she disappeared and there is a man in the video who seems to be taking an interest in her, isn't that one of the very things a web sleuth would look for?

That guy is not a family member or victim, and at this time doesnt even have a known name. All people are doing is debating whether he looks like he has an unusual interest in the girl.

2. The description of this suspected kidnapper is very specific. The orange shoes and red pants have me intrigued to be honest. One would think that if you are out cruising around and are looking for a child to kidnap you might wear something less "vibrant". So what does this say? Either it was a spur of the moment decision and the opportunity was right and he took her or....he didn't care.

Who wears orange Nikes and red pants? It's quite the fashion statement. Were they red jeans or jogging pants? Well dressed or sloppy? Put together or thrown together? Do the colours mean something? Gang related?

The description of this guy is so specific that I am surprised someone hasn't come forward with a name.

Add that to a red van, which again, is very bright. If this guy is a seasoned criminal, into kidnapping children, I'm thinking a red van is not his first choice of vehicle.

I do not, for one second, believe Mom had anything to do with this - not at all. But there is something niggling at me about the description of the suspected kidnapper.

It's so precise. It's so "large". I'm beginning to fear that it's a red herring. I just don't know what it is that bothers me about it but there's something.

I once lost a child I was babysitting, in a grocery store. It was all of 5 minutes and we found her in the candy isle chowing down on candy. Surprise Surprise. I cannot express how I felt in those 5 minutes. My mind went to a million places, none of which were good. I was hysterical and that was after 5 minutes.

This poor mother and family. They are experiencing the absolute worst nightmare and fear of their lives.

Please find Dulce and bring her home.

Excellent heartfelt post,Tealgrove. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

What it painfully shows is no parent or even an attentive caregiver is able to hover over their children in their care 24/7.

It's humanly impossible to do so for anyone.

I will admit when I was raising our five children I was an overprotective helicopter mom.

However I would be flat out lying if I said I was with them every second of the day, and that is the reason they didn't ever fall prey to the evil ones who walk among us all.

I realize more than ever with each of these heart shattering cases, I was extremely lucky that our children weren't ever chosen, and targeted by someone wishing to do them grave harm or worse.

I too had my little son with me in a dress shop when he was 6. He was always one to listen to both of us, and did as we asked. I told him to stay by me, and then we would go to a store he liked. Ever so often I made sure he was beside me of course. Then it seemed like in a blink of an eye he was gone.

I will never forget the terror, and panic that immediately set in. The clerks, and I looked everywhere in the shop. I told them they had to call security immediately as I ran out of the store.

When I came running out I looked across the mall at the stores on that side, and saw him sitting quietly on the floor looking at comic books.

I recall all of it vividly. Like after any traumatizing sits sits in afterwards, I rushed to gather him in my arms, hugging, and kissing him repeatedly, and then of course I began to cry, and cry.

I felt like such a horrible mother who had failed him. When he saw me crying then he began to cry too telling me he was sorry he made me cry. I told him they were tears of joy, and I was so happy to see him!

To say the least he made sure he didn't go elsewhere on his own after then.

Jmho

I just joined (although I swear I was a member years and years ago) to see if anyone here had insight on this case. It's been awful on social media and I can't take the stupidity or cruelty anymore.

I've watched this story since it first broke as a local Patch story the afternoon it happened.

I can add a few clarifications to what I've read here so far.

One is that the boyfriend of the mother (father of her unborn child) was detained by ICE because he is undocumented, not because he a suspect. I'm sure he hit their radar while being questioned as part of the normal process of eliminating the usual suspects.

This is, with almost 100% certainty, the reason why no witnesses came forward and the reason the family was so reluctant to get police involved. The community itself has many immigrants and many undocumented immigrants. In my opinion, the police made a TERRIBLE mistake allowing the boyfriend to get taken into ICE custody, even if that wasn't their intention. It will be VERY difficult to find any other witnesses from this point forward.

The older child in the car, from what I've read, may have been the aunt of the missing girl. So when people say it was "her sister" perhaps they mean the mother's sister. I can't say that with 100% certainty.

The initial reports of what Dulce was last seen wearing (at least in the Amber Alert) were incorrect. Oddly enough, they were correct in local media. The first page of this thread should probably be updated to reflect what she was actually last seen wearing (yellow shirt with an *elephant on the front, black and white checkered pants, white shoes) as can be verified by the surveillance video.

The FATHER of Dulce is the man who was called on the phone and who doesn't speak English. He moved back to Mexico to go to school, according to the family.

<modsnip: Please don't discuss social media comments>

Given that the kids were playing near a basketball court, the man's outfit might not have seemed all that crazy. Had he been wearing all beige or a business suit, he would've stood out way more.

Here's what concerns me:

I do agree with what some of you have stated that people in the community may know this man or may have made him up entirely because they know the real perpetrator and don't want to give him up.

I think due to the pending deportation of the mother's partner, the chances of getting any more witnesses to talk is now going to be next to impossible.

Has anyone looked at a map to try to understand the layout of this park and where the van would've been vs the playground and the outbuildings? Where the nearest escape routes are, etc.?

<modsnip: Sleuthing social media of family is not allowed>

I know this is long and I hope it's not rude to just jump in. Also, hello!! :)

Edited: corrected the animal on the front of the shirt...not butterfly...elephant!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand the mother, father, or boyfriend, but the guy in the store? I don't think there is anything to it, but if there is video of a child 20 minutes before she disappeared and there is a man in the video who seems to be taking an interest in her, isn't that one of the very things a web sleuth would look for?

That guy is not a family member or victim, and at this time doesnt even have a known name. All people are doing is debating whether he looks like he has an unusual interest in the girl.

While the "guy in the store" is interesting, do not make insinuations, inferences, or direct accusations. Just be exceptionally careful in how you refer to this person. They could well be a totally innocent bystander and they have not been named a POI or suspect by LE.

I cant' access the article, so please give me some info white rabbit. If it's MSM, there shouldn't be a problem, so not sure what you think might violate TOS.

thank you sillybilly. it's nj.com, not a blog. it addresses mom's behavior and living situation as well as discussing her parents, boyfriend, and DMA's father. All in factual form, not gossip.

"As the search expanded Tuesday, a few spectators grew angry when they saw Alavez Perez eating pizza, she said. They questioned how she could eat while her child was missing. She didn’t respond, but she heard the remarks. Alavez Perez had gone without food since her daughter disappeared the previous day, she said."

“They’re saying I didn’t love my kids and I just gave my kids away to someone … and that supposedly my mom was prostituting me,” Alavez Perez said during a phone interview Thursday."

Alavez Perez is 5 months pregnant and the father of that child was detained in federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody this week after he was interviewed by police about the disappearance, she said. While she indicated she didn’t know why he was detained, the Inquirer reported that she said authorities discovered he was an undocumented Mexican citizen.

Alavez Perez, who lives in an apartment near her parents, shares joint custody of Dulce with her mom and the kids live with her parents.

When she gave birth to Dulce at age 14, her parents had Dulce live with them because they didn’t think their daughter was responsible enough to care for her, she said. They love Dulce as if she is their own daughter, she said.

The entire family is struggling as they wait for word from police."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members