AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyfriend has been released - no longer being held.

"Alavez Perez is five months pregnant and the father of that child was picked up by Immigration and Customs Enforcement after he was interviewed about the disappearance, she said. ICE officials confirmed Friday that he has been released, but declined to comment on why he had been held. Officials at Friday’s briefing also declined to discuss the matter."

Authorities, who have been searching for Dulce since Monday, widened their search Friday, and returned to the 1,000-acre park where she was last seen.

Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said investigators are going over spots they had already searched, and expanding the search area.

“The only reason for that is to cover our tracks again where we searched and then expand the search even farther,” Giamari said.

As for suspects, the search continues.

“We do not have any strong suspects at this time and we’re doing a lot of interviews,” Gaimari said, estimating that police have conducted about 75 interviews so far.

Amber Alert update: Search expands with hopes missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez is still alive

Checking in this morning. I was hopeing for good news. I am very disappointed in the lack of news coverage. I have seen coverage once on NBC news. Nothing on FOXS or CNN.Seems like if it is out of state, its out of mind. Shame on the big networks.

If they had a solid description of this vehicle, I think we would have heard about it.

It’s frustrating.

You certainly would think so, but I've been thinking about that more, and I'm not so sure they would.

Lately in cases where the offender is unknown, and being sought, I've noticed if they come out at all they are showing generic stock photo images more.

Of course I can only guess the change. My guess is they have toned their skills over the years knowing first, if the suspect sees it he will know they know who he is.

Secondly, if it has distinct markings, such as stickers on the windows, etc. the suspect will remove them.

Thirdly, if they show the exact red color it allows him to paint over it to a completely different color altogether.

I think they are purposefully now keeping the description vague.

Jmhoo

Last edited:
Checking in this morning. I was hopeing for good news. I am very disappointed in the lack of news coverage. I have seen coverage once on NBC news. Nothing on FOXS or CNN.Seems like if it is out of state, its out of mind. Shame on the big networks.

It is still very much still a headline on the Philly news stations.

Investigators were revisiting areas they already searched and checking a wider swath of land around the 1,000-acre Bridgeton, N.J., park, where Dulce was reportedly last seen Monday afternoon.

“The only reason for that is to cover our tracks again where we searched and then expand the search even further,” he said.

“We do not have any strong suspects at this time and we’re doing a lot of interviews,” the police chief said.

A reward in the case reached $35,000, officials announced. A vigil was planned in Bridgeton Saturday night.

Anyone with information about Dulce was urged to call the State Police Missing Persons Unit at 609-882-2000, ext. 2554, or the Bridgeton police at 856-451-0033. Tips may also be phoned into 1-800-CALL-FBIand select option 4, then select option 8.

Noah Cohen may be reached at ncohen@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @noahyc. Find NJ.com on Facebook.

Amber alert update: Reward increases, search expands in effort to find 5-year-old N.J. girl

I think they’re just trying to stay optimistic for the public. I don’t think there is anything specific behind that statement.

She also said (paraphrase) “because we have no physical evidence she is not alive”. The word physical stood out to me. It implies to me that is why they say what they say, but deep down they probably are not quite as optimistic as they may come across. JMO.

Yes, you are correct.

Like all do, they will continue to say the same thing until they have evidence proving it isn't true.

Its advantgeous to LE to keep getting tips from the tipsters to believe their tips may result in finding,and saving an alive child.

This isn't their first rodeo by any means. They know the odds are against Dulce with every hour that passes.

Jmho

LE reporting of last accounts are purposely spotty to leave only witnesses or confessions to solve the crime. The integrity of an investigation is compromised when the interest in crime solving takes precedence over the interest in recovering persons.
2 separate interests have 2 separate outcomes.

1. Recovery of persons sometimes tags along with crime solving.
2. Crime solving sometimes tags along with the recovery of persons.

Recovery efforts having no concern of the crime offer the best hope of early resolve.

What is the relationship between the mother and the 8 year old 'relative'?

Last edited:
I don't feel very hopeful or confident of a positive outcome here.

If, for whatever reason, it was someone connected to father or another family member, who didn't like the environment she was being raised in, then I think there is possibly slightly more of a chance.

If someone with a grudge or a random predator, then, more than 4 days on and with still not a sight of sound of her, the outcome I think will not be good.

I wish we knew more about those minutes when she left the mother. If this guy with the van was indeed connected, how did he lure her away? If he knew her, did he call out, "hey, Dulce, come here, your papa wants to see you", or "hey, Dulce, grandma wants you home and she sent me to get you"? Or if he didn't know her, did he just run and grab and bundle her in van? Or entice her to go with him for something?

Whoever reported seeing her get into van, it must have been obvious if she went willingly or not. Was she being carried or lifted in, did she climb in freely? Did she appear to be struggling or resisting?

The brother must have seen something too, don't you think? I wonder if the police have trained child liaison officers talking to him?

Yes, Ms, they do have trained experts in this field.

In past cases those experts were able to get vital information from two 2 year olds, who both had mommies who had been murdered. One by a stranger, and one by their dad.

Never underestimate what little very young children can recall during traumatic events.

They have even put them under hypnosis in order to solve cases.

They know the gentle ways to obtain information without it causing any anxiety for the children.

Jmho

I wonder if that phrase "or somewhere else in the country" was meant for real or was just a filler sort of phrase. Because if LE really thinks she can be anywhere in the country, that doesn't sound good.

It's the stark reality, Rosie.

However, although heart shattering, they believe like most kidnappers do with children, and she most likely was raped, and murdered within 2 hours after being kidnapped.

We know what LE is thinking by seeing the specific large area, and location they continue to search in from day one, and continue..

Often much can be learned by not what they may say publicly, but WHAT, and WHERE they are searching. By now they know they aren't in a rescue mission, but are in a recovery mode.

These kind of searches have to be so hard on all of the police officers searching to find little Dulce.

Most all of them have children or grandchildren themselves. What they go through is rarely, if ever, talked about. Most have to talk to a mental health professional afterwards in order to deal with the horrors they see so many other evil human beings do to their victims. This is their life where they see the worst in humanity on a consistent basis.

I pray for them all as well.

Jmho

Last edited:
Detectives say they’ve conducted about 75 interviews so far.

Investigators are trying to leave no stone unturned in their search for Dulce. They’re asking the public to keep watch for the girl and her possible abductor. Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae reiterated they need the public’s help.

She described changes in behavior she wants you to look for, including suddenly missing work or appointments since Monday, increasing alcohol consumption, abruptly discarding clothes or even a vehicle, or leaving town without an explanation.

“We want people in the surrounding areas to be alert and looking at behavior and if they see anything that they see suspicious, no lead is too small or too insignificant for us to take a look at,” Webb-McRae said.
$35,000 Reward: Search For Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Enters Sixth Day In Bridgeton, New Jersey

There's an older ford econoline work van with a slider. Or an older dodge caravan. Not thinking of a new Toyota or Mazda 5. True red, not burgundy, really limits the amount around. I wish they would clarify.

Now that you mention it, I went to college in the early 90s and our security guards, rode around in a maroon van with sliding doors. I haven't thought of that in years... but now I remember them sliding the door back to let me out, after ferrying me a few blocks to the hospital after a bad sprain; as well as them getting out of it of an evening to give the once-over to more than one campus party. :(

It is still very much still a headline on the Philly news stations.
I was just going to comment to say the same. Those not living here depend on the nightly (national) news more so, and thus I assume that's what was meant about not being broadcast much.

Local news will not let up for a while I'm sure. I've seen ABC 6 Action News reporting from the park daily. As they probably all are and will be.

Do we have any recent satellite images of the area? Or any locals? I can't find a date on Google Earth or Maps, but I did notice they still refer to it as Burt Street when it was renamed in August of 2017. Just curious if anyone can help.?

"Burt Street in Bridgeton City Park was renamed Richie Kates, Sr. Way in an afternoon ceremony."

Street in Bridgeton renamed 'Richie Kates Way'

Not that it matters but a lot can change in a couple years.

Also I counted at least 3 ways out.

West to the school on Scholastic
East toward the zoo on Scholastic
West towards the elementary school on Richie Kates Sr. Way (Formerly Burt Street)

So my best guess is this

View attachment 205608

So as not to be captured on school cameras?
I would like to see the view from someone standing on the basketball court looking towards the playground and the parking lot. I wonder if someone was playing basketball saw the kids, saw mom and the car and realized the opportunity. Mom cannot see the playground from the parking lot. Not judging. I just do not think she would know if someone left the basketball court to go to the playground. Did the kids cut through the basketball court or walk around? How many cars were in the parking lot?

Edit-spelling

Last edited:
Yes, Ms, they do have trained experts in this field.

In past cases those experts were able to get vital information from two 2 year olds, who both had mommies who had been murdered. One by a stranger, and one by their dad.

Never underestimate what little very young children can recall during traumatic events.

They have even put them under hypnosis in order to solve cases.

They know the gentle ways to obtain information without it causing any anxiety for the children.

Jmho
If I personally were to have a choice of witnesses to a tragedy to talk to, give me the child. Their view is simply what they have seen, normally unclouded by judgment, history, politics, and expectations. Certainly, intelligence bears into it and the developmental differences of the child. The child also needs to be of an age where they can remember and describe events, understanding the difference between the truth and a lie. But they often pick up on things that the adults miss even if, in and of itself, it might not be admissible in a legal setting. Sure the technical detail is not there and children can often mix reality with fantasy, but often the heart of what they experienced is ascertainable, containing details often lost to others.

A child's recollection is simple, not so many words, but sounds, smell, movement, direction, things others might have missed. With a parents hands hovering near, those movements we all know of protection, it will be asked if the child could give their remembrance, just as was done with any adults that were present, letting them make a statement of what they remember, to define the things already known. Sometimes their statements, made with simple words and hands, are startling in their detail; details that confirm the tangibles that are known at that time. Tangibles that can become evidence. With that, the search for truth continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member