AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check Bridgeton Walmart cameras. Start with the exterior to locate the vehicle and go into the exterior. Also check local Mexican stores which may have cameras as well. Take a Spanish speaking police officer with you and let him speak to the owner alone without making he or she feel threatened. There is a 99.9% chance he has been to either one of these places, especially on a Sunday for Walmart. Local laundromat footage may help as well. Is there a particular decade this van or SUV can be nailed down to? I am not clear on the quality of footage obtained. If anyone knows where i can view it, please let me know. My heart goes out to the family and I pray their little girl is found safe. I could only imagine all of this for the family is the worst feeling in the world. This is why community policing must return. Someone saw something no doubt.

Great ideal checking local Walmart store. Especially video showing customers entering the store. Orange shoes and red pants would stick out.

Wow that shows how long I haven't been there. The last I remember it was mulch and dirt if i'm even thinking of the right one. Is this the park where the zoo is?
Yes. The Cohanzick Zoo is definitely still there. . I’m sure much of it is mulch and dirt. I was referring to the area where the kids were playing and where the van was probably parked. And the basketball courts. Unless suspect walked around a bit to leave footprints in playground area.

Even the zoo has paved and wooden walkways.

Supposedly Walmart invested in facial imaging cameras in over 1,000 stores to detect theft at every register. I really hope that Bridgeton is one of them and they check them at least from Sunday to Monday when she disappeared.

If they had a solid description of this vehicle, I think we would have heard about it.

It’s frustrating.
Yes, it's horribly frustrating! I agree that LE hasn't found any video of the van/minivan/SUV yet since it's being described as any of the three options. Hopefully there's a snap of it somewhere nearby on CCTV that hasn't been found yet.

IMO (so just speculation) it's looking more and more that the abductor is a stranger. Next down the line (IMO) is a family friend that the family would never suspect. Then comes a family member and at this point, given what's been released so far, I think the immediate family is not involved.

For one thing, LE has surely interviewed all close family members by now and I haven't really seen anything in msm that makes them appear suspicious. For that matter, nothing has been said in msm that implies the father in Mexico is involved either. I had some thoughts earlier that he may have sent someone up to kidnap Dulce but again, nothing in msm or from the mother comes close to implicating him.

And if it was a stranger then I agree with Margarita that it's likely Dulce is deceased and her body is near the point of abduction. That park covers 1100 acres - a daunting amount of area to search and so many places to hide a tiny body.

Anyway, I'm rambling, mainly because I feel helpless to do anything to find poor little Dulce. Crap.

Supposedly Walmart invested in facial imaging cameras in over 1,000 stores to detect theft at every register. I really hope that Bridgeton is one of them and they check them at least from Sunday to Monday when she disappeared.
Not picking here, but she disappeared Monday around 4:30pm. Perhaps checking earlier camera images might be helpful though just to try and spot this guy.

Bridgetown High, that backs up to the park is dismissed at 225, Excel students in grade 9-11 at like 3 or 3 something. ( I closed the .PDF , sorry). Anyway, that parking lot would not be full around 4-420 when they say van was around. Of course, we have no confirmation of what parking lot this van was supposedly in.

Doesn't this high school have parking lot cameras??? We live in the boonies, and there are parking lot cameras at the high school and ball fields

The threads are for discussion of the case itself, not for generalized discussion of immigration policies. Such discussion leads to bickering and derails the thread, resulting in post removals and at times closure of the threads to clean up a mess of political argument.

Also a reminder that WS takes politicizing of a thread very seriously and it can result in Warning Points that remain permanently on a member's account.

Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, of Bridgeton, still missing since Monday

Law enforcement officials have conducted as many as 70 interviews in the hopes of finding 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez and the person who may have abducted her.

“The investigation is still progressing. There was another search this morning,” said Gaimari, adding he would not talk about what, if anything, was recovered.

“We do not have any strong suspects at this time,” he said.

so where was the van? seems like one parking lot and that would have had the mother parked there, no? Am I missing something?

I posted a color coded map earlier, I think a page somewhere in the mid-20s. But the brother had pointed to some buildings near the playground, that articles described as downtrodden or disused. There are a couple that fit the description south of the basketball courts and playground - facing Burt St's easternmost end. A van could be parked any number of places around there and be completely invisible to anyone in the parking lot. It would be very easy for a predator to hide between buildings and lure her to the van behind them.

I posted a color coded map earlier, I think a page somewhere in the mid-20s. But the brother had pointed to some buildings near the playground, that articles described as downtrodden or disused. There are a couple that fit the description south of the basketball courts and playground - facing Burt St's easternmost end. A van could be parked any number of places around there and be completely invisible to anyone in the parking lot. It would be very easy for a predator to hide between buildings and lure her to the van behind them.

Welcome SJSleuth. :)

(Color coded map?! Where have been our whole lives!!)

I think this is the post you may be referencing?

Tried to color code areas that showed up in common. Turqoise/blue circled = swingsets. Purple + yellow circled buildings I believe are the one the three year old pointed to that Dulce allegedly vanished behind. Red spots are general area where I think van was probably parked. Orange is any possible method of escape - though the one poster already said the route was via Burt St. You can see the playground is actually -behind- the basketball court, if one was facing both from the parking lot. Also looks like a decline in the ground from the b-ball court down to the playground.
View attachment 205397 View attachment 205398 View attachment 205399 View attachment 205400

Hey, actually @SJSleuth, seriously you got me thinking now (I’m a little bit of a map freak)...you got me thinking about Rossmo’s Formula now (Geographic Profiling, explained below). We need 5 Data points though.

I’m still behind here but will especially be looking to what other abductions and attempted abductions in the county, etc. have been posted. As always, I’m sure many would come up in a google search, as they do in any given case, which often turn out to be unrelated. It’s like how every RSO Map lights up like a Christmas tree.

Perhaps Triangulation can be considered here...but we need that second data point there, unfortunately which would be another connected crime or the recovery location.

“"Rossmo used the background of the attacks to establish a perimeter, or boundaries within an area the rapist might live or work, that - when placed over a map pinpointing the crime sites - formed a triangle."”

Source:
PROFILE LEADS TO CONVICTION IN LA. SERIAL RAPE CASES

—-

“Geographic profiling is a criminal investigative methodology that analyzes the locations of a connected series of crimes to determine the most probable area of offender residence. By incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods, it assists in understanding spatial behaviour of an offender and focusing the investigation to a smaller area of the community. Typically used in cases of serial murder or rape (but also arson, bombing, robbery, terrorism[1] and other crimes), the technique helps police detectives prioritize information in large-scale major crime investigations that often involve hundreds or thousands of suspects and tips.

In addition to determining the offender's most likely area of residence, an understanding of the spatial pattern of a crime series and the characteristics of the crime sites can tell investigators other useful information, such as whether the crime was opportunistic and the degree of offender familiarity with the crime location. This is based on the connection between an offender's behavior and his or her non-criminal life.[2]

Geographic profiling is growing in popularity and, combined with offender profiling, can be a helpful tool in the investigation of serial crime."
CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #3

—-

“The geographic profiling problem is the problem of constructing an estimate for the location of the anchor point of a serial offender from the locations of the offender's crime sites.

We have developed a new mathematical algorithm for the geographic profiling problem based on Bayesian methods that allows us to allow for geographic features that affect crime site selection and for geographic features that affect the choice of an offender's anchor point."

Source:
Geographic Profiling

—-

"Rossmo's formula is a geographic profiling formula to predict where a serial criminal lives. The formula was developed and patented[1] by criminologist Kim Rossmo and integrated into a specialized crime analysis software product called Rigel. The Rigel product is developed by the software company Environmental Criminology Research Inc. (ECRI), which Rossmo co-founded.[2]"

Rossmo’s Formula:
attachment-2-jpg.104853

Source:
Wikipedia / Rossmo's Formula:
Rossmo's formula - Wikipedia "

—-

THE HOUND OF THE DATA POINTS

GEOGRAPHIC PROFILING PIONEER KIM ROSSMO HAS BEEN LIKENED TO SHERLOCK HOLMES; HIS WATSON IN THE HUNT FOR SERIAL KILLERS IS A DIGITAL SIDEKICK -- AN ALGORITHM HE CALLS RIGEL.

SCIENCE

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...nd-data-points

"Until he was called in on the Beltway Sniper investigation, Detective Kim Rossmo's most confounding case was the South Side Rapist."

Snip

"Rossmo's job was to help direct the manhunt. If he couldn't find the needle, he hoped at least to radically thin the haystack. And he would do so through the careful application of that most powerful of investigative tools: a mathematics equation.

Rossmo, 47, is the inventor and most zealous proponent of criminal geographic targeting (CGT), more commonly known as geographic profiling. He uses CGT to hunt society's most dangerous game: violent serial criminals -- arsonists, rapists and murderers whose taste for carnage seems only to sharpen with time, and who tend to programmatically continue their offenses until they are caught. There's no mistaking Rossmo for the FBI profilers down in Quantico's Behavioral Assessment Unit, the ones that movies like The Silence of the Lambs have turned into celebrities. He can't tell what kind of offender is terrorizing the town, how old or what race, whether he has delusions of grandeur or issues with Dad -- nor does Rossmo particularly care about those things. His interest is in the most neglected of the Five W's: Where did the offender strike? From this Rossmo can usually calculate where, most likely, he lived."

Snip

"The case intrigued just about everyone who heard about it. The notion of a master geographic profiler conjured those classic film scenes in which detectives gaze at a trail of red pushpins in a big map, then guess where the killer will strike next.

In fact, though, it's just the opposite.

"Geographic profiling isn't about prediction," Rossmo says. "Efforts to predict the location of crimes don't show a lot of focus." Instead of pushing forward into an unknown future, Rossmo's method pulls back to an origin, to the time and place the crimes were hatched. A center.

"You know those sprinklers where the little metal thing hits the water stream and it sprays around in a circle?" Rossmo asks. "You could look at that and say, There's a good probability that the next drop of water will land within this ring,' but it'd be hard to know precisely where. If you took the sprinkler away, though, and I looked at the pattern of water, I could tell you where the sprinkler was.”

Source:
CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #3

—-

ETA @dotr, I wonder what new profiling algorithms are out there...can you imagine the advancement potential, I’m quoting these posts which are years old...making a note to check advancements in geographic profiling..gosh we see the advancements with DNA.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members