AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the detectives did not want her to drive her own car in case the kidnapper could find out where she lives by following her. Maybe she was so upset that they didn't think she would be able to do it, or she told them that she was too upset to drive home.

Perhaps they wanted to check her car to make sure there was no evidence of foul play -- doesn't make a lot of sense, but it may just be standard protocol in cases like this -- to rule her out at the outset. They also might have wanted to make sure the little girl didn't run back to the car and was kidnapped there while her mother was looking for her and away from the car.
It's also quite possible the mom did not have a license to drive the car, and that was discovered during this incident.. That is fairly common in Bridgeton and surrounding areas. Families come here to work agriculture, some never get a driver's license and yet they do still drive, locally at least. JMO

RSO's near the park?

hope not; pretty low- but we have all seen it happen

"In the most comprehensive single study on reoffense rates to date, the U.S. Department of Justice followed every sex offender released in almost 15 states for three years. The recidivism rate? Just 3.5 percent. These numbers have been subsequently verified in study after study. The state of Connecticut Criminal Justice Policy and Planning Division did a five-year study that found a recidivism rate of 3.6 percent. A Maine study found that released sex offenders were arrested for a new sex crime at a rate of 3.9 percent. Government studies in Alaska, Delaware, Iowa, and South Carolina have also replicated these results—all finding same-crime recidivism rates of between 3.5 and 4 percent. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-big-lie-about-sex-offenders/?noredirect=on

** edited to add- of course, plenty of SO's around that haven't ever been caught yet, from another country, etc

Last edited:
This video says FBI are involved now. sorry if its already been posted.

All Out Search for Girl, 5, Who Went Missing at NJ Park

Thank you.

If you notice in all missing children cases the local jurisdictions always ask the FBI to assist.

This has been done for many years for various reason, but usually to find, and test any evidence collected, plus they have a range of experience, and there is no one in LE more accomplished in reviewing the internet looking for whatever evidence that may be there or on any other communication devices.

Jmho

Last edited:
It's also quite possible the mom did not have a license to drive the car, and that was discovered during this incident.. That is fairly common in Bridgeton and surrounding areas. Families come here to work agriculture, some never get a driver's license and yet they do still drive, locally at least. JMO

Yes. It's considered a sanctuary city- so I imagine that could influence how many saw nothing. I hope people do the right thing for this child. Someone had to have seen something.

Cops search for 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez, last seen at NJ playground

“She would always be with me or my mom,” she said. “I don’t know why she just ran away.”

Dulce was last seen wearing a pink T-shirt, white shoes and brown pants with flowers and butterflies, KYW-TV reports.”

These are not the clothes she was last seen wearing in the store. Did mom give this other description and if so why?
“I don’t know why she just ran away.” I don't like that comment. MOO
That is an odd thing to say. She also says the 3 y/o's ice cream fell on the floor. She seems to have a very good grasp of English, and she would know the difference between floor and ground or sidewalk. When I heard her say it, I thought, "floor of the car" ? and I thought she was maybe not telling the exact truth. ETA: I cannot locate that portion of the news channel video now since it updated.

The police chief also stumbled this afternoon when he said that this is still a recovery - he should have said rescue - a recovery is of a body. ? (That video portion is still at CBS3.)

That is an odd thing to say. She also says the 3 y/o's ice cream fell on the floor. She seems to have a very good grasp of English, and she would know the difference between floor and ground or sidewalk. When I heard her say it, I thought, "floor of the car" ? and I thought she was maybe not telling the exact truth. ETA: I cannot locate that portion of the news channel video now since it updated.

The police chief also stumbled this afternoon when he said that this is still a recovery - he should have said rescue - a recovery is of a body. ? (That video portion is still at CBS3.)

I've found it's quite common for people to say floor when describing the ground and vice versa, esp. in the U.S. JMO.

My husband is 1st generation and almost 40. He learned english in grade school. He still says floor where I would say ground and honestly I gave up correcting it. I wouldn't suspect this as being facetious. English can just be tricky when not your 1st language. Heck, English can be tricky when it IS your first language lol.

There is a lot of water, a lake and stream, near the disappearance site. It's unlikely this child was ever enrolled in swimming lessons.

Daytime temps in Philadelphia are still in the 80s. The water should be 70-80 degrees F. If she's in the water, she should float within a week. :(
http://www.pawsoflife.org/Library/Trailing Water/body_float_info.pdf

This video says FBI are involved now. sorry if its already been posted.

All Out Search for Girl, 5, Who Went Missing at NJ Park

From the article: "Police announced Tuesday night that Alvavez was taken by a light skinned possibly Hispanic male, standing between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-8 with a thin build, no facial hair, acne on face, wearing orange sneakers (Possibly Nike), red pants and a black shirt. The male led Dulce's from the play ground to a red van with a sliding side door and tinted windows. Dulce was seated in the back seat by the male and the male drove away with Dulce at approximately 4:20 p.m., police said."

From the article: "Police announced Tuesday night that Alvavez was taken by a light skinned possibly Hispanic male, standing between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-8 with a thin build, no facial hair, acne on face, wearing orange sneakers (Possibly Nike), red pants and a black shirt. The male led Dulce's from the play ground to a red van with a sliding side door and tinted windows. Dulce was seated in the back seat by the male and the male drove away with Dulce at approximately 4:20 p.m., police said."

Just received the Abduction Alert on my TV. I was watching a show on DVR when they cut in with the alert.

That has to be a recent update. I am glad someone finally said something

Well that latest announcement definitely isn't good. Great that they seem to have a very good description (even his shoes!) Was there video of this or a very perceptive eyewitness?

*ETA* description said red van with a sliding door. I wonder if it was a minivan or one of those larger vans? I imagine there's thousands of red minivans in the area but far less utility/full sized vans that are red. (Do the utility & full sized vans have sliding doors?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member