GUILTY NJ - Kara Alongi, 16, charged in abduction hoax, 30 Sept 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My far fetched hunch goes like this:

She's a depressed/angry teen who wanted friends and family to worry about her so she concocted the idea to make it sound like she was "taken" .. then probably planned to hide out for a few days maybe with a friend who's in on it .. ( or a guy she met online ) .. then after a few days return or "be found" and make it sound like she went through some nightmarish ordeal.

Probably why she ran through the neighbor's yard and down the street to catch the cab.. she probably didn't expect the cab link would get noticed.

Just my thoughts.. after seeing the photo of her with an obviously filled backpack and the whole idea she posted that on twitter.

new article.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/kara_alongi_missing_nj_teen.html

Alongi was described by family and friends as a "sweet" girl, the oldest of three children who could be counted on to look after her two younger brothers, popular in school and talented at tennis.

At Arthur L. Johnson High School in Clark, students had mixed reactions. Some were concerned for Kara’s well being. Others were not taking it seriously. Several students said that neither teachers nor the principal addressed the issue during the day, and many left school unsure if Kara was really kidnapped or if it was a hoax.

Her twitter history paints her as anything but sweet .. she actually comes across as rude and hateful towards people.

Her family either really believes that their daughter is what they described and therefore don't know this other aspect of her personality or they are just saying that for the media to keep those issues private.. either way it sounds like a problem... there's a disconnect between the way her family describes her and the way she conducts herself.

good question...and differing reports from differing sources. this one says she did:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/clark_teenager_is_a_runaway_po.html

"It is not clear whether she got on a train, police said. She left her cell phone at home."

Leaving the cell phone at home makes me think that someone else is in on this - someone who helped her plan and/or someone she ran off to be with. Considering she didn't think through the whole link of calling the taxi from home then the taxi driver seeing her, I don't think she would've thought herself to leave the cell phone at home. JMHO

I think she's someone with some issues that was craving attention (hi, I'm running away, look at meeeeee) due to various issues. I don't think it something that should be dismissed because I do think the girl needs help.

Her twitter history paints her as anything but sweet .. she actually comes across as rude and hateful towards people.

Her family either really believes that their daughter is what they described and therefore don't know this other aspect of her personality or they are just saying that for the media to keep those issues private.. either way it sounds like a problem... there's a disconnect between the way her family describes her and the way she conducts herself.

Maybe she presents a different side of herself around her parents than she does when she's at school or out with her friends. I've seen many young girls who have their families completely fooled. It's like a split personality, they act all sweet and innocent when they're home but once they get out from under mom's or dad's watchful eye, their true personality comes out, they're mean and wild.

Right now, mom and dad are concentrating on getting their little girl home, so they're not going to come out and say anything negative about her around the media, they just want her to come home on her own. I mean, if this were your daughter, would you stand in front of mics and cameras and say, "she's a selfish, spoiled brat?" Of course not. (And I mean 'you' in the general sense, not you personally.) Just saying.

There would be no point for the parents to badmouth her imo, no matter what they privately think. If parents come across as extremely angry and express a lot of negative emotion toward the child any runaways are probably less likely to want to come home on their own accord. Anyway, I'm sure the hoax aspect gets her enough criticism with or without the parents pitching in in public.

If alive, these missing teens have to continue their lives and hopefully become something productive and happy and I don't think that article after article of their family telling how dreadful they are, available in Google forevermore, would often be helpful.

I've seen a few more MSM comments about her 21 year old boyfriend.. may be a decent avenue to research

I've seen a few more MSM comments about her 21 year old boyfriend.. may be a decent avenue to research

Have you seen/heard anything about where the boyfriend supposedly lives? Is he missing as well (not showing up for work,etc)?

Nothing productive to add to your sleuthing, just my 2 cents this morning ...

Teenagers often talk & interact with their friends & peers much differently than they do with their family. It doesn't make them bad or good. They're just kids growing up, testing boundaries & figuring out who they are.

At 16, you'd think she'd know all about the dangers of the internet & traveling in a big city by herself. Even so, most kids believe they are invincible & nothing bad will happen to them. Tweeting the 911 message was foolish & immature. I doubt she had any idea it would become such a huge deal.

IMO, she's a kid who needs to be found. Terrible things happen to runaways and young girls who believe they are very worldly, smart and safe from harm. I'll keep her in my prayers. I can't imagine how worried her parents are for her. Her family & LE will deal with whatever needs to be handled when she gets home.

Please call home Kara, your family wants & needs you back.

JMO

Maybe she presents a different side of herself around her parents than she does when she's at school or out with her friends. I've seen many young girls who have their families completely fooled. It's like a split personality, they act all sweet and innocent when they're home but once they get out from under mom's or dad's watchful eye, their true personality comes out, they're mean and wild.

Right now, mom and dad are concentrating on getting their little girl home, so they're not going to come out and say anything negative about her around the media, they just want her to come home on her own. I mean, if this were your daughter, would you stand in front of mics and cameras and say, "she's a selfish, spoiled brat?" Of course not. (And I mean 'you' in the general sense, not you personally.) Just saying.

Bravo-missing person's family 101. :( I hope she is OK.

I completely agree with everyone that is saying regardless of her actions she is still a minor and deserves to be sought after.

The thought that someone could be ignorant and heartless enough to intentionally put terror in to their loved ones hearts the way she (potentially) has makes me sick, however.....She IS a sixteen year old girl and needs to be found regardless.

Although it is incredibly easy for us to draw conclusions on this case, the fact is we do not yet know what happened or how this will end.

I truly hope this girl is found and brought back to her family. In the meantime, let's do our best to help find her and not to judge.

JMO.

Been here a long time.....there have been so many heart wrenching cases where a teen was actually abducted. Seen so many families in anguish. It's hard for me to gin up much sympathy for this girl. She's playing games. No doubt in my mind she planned this "hoax" and could call her family, friends or police if she wanted to. But, this is so much more fun!! For her. :mad:

I completely agree with everyone that is saying regardless of her actions she is still a minor and deserves to be sought after.

The thought that someone could be ignorant and heartless enough to intentionally put terror in to their loved ones hearts the way she (potentially) has makes me sick, however.....She IS a sixteen year old girl and needs to be found regardless.

Although it is incredibly easy for us to draw conclusions on this case, the fact is we do not yet know what happened or how this will end.

I truly hope this girl is found and brought back to her family. In the meantime, let's do our best to help find her and not to judge.

JMO.

IMO, most of us are judging her actions, not her personally. But if she's reading here, which I doubt, then she should know that her actions have caused quite an upset. Maybe that's what she wanted in the first place.

Most teenagers that age think they are invincible, as someone mentioned above. They think nothing bad can happen to them, but so many of them are proven wrong. I hope wherever she is, she is safe, and will contact her parents or LE and tell them she wants to come home.

Been here a long time.....there have been so many heart wrenching cases where a teen was actually abducted. Seen so many families in anguish. It's hard for me to gin up much sympathy for this girl. She's playing games. No doubt in my mind she planned this "hoax" and could call her family, friends or police if she wanted to. But, this is so much more fun!! For her. :mad:

I'm with you! I have no sympathy or concern for her whatsoever, not even a teeny tiny little bit. What I DO feel concern about is how these people create such a stir by faking kidnappings or disappearing from their life and refusing to get in touch. It's just simply wrong, and there should be consequences for it.

I'm sure that wherever she is, she's having a grand ole time, chuckling over how much of a stir she's been able to create. I doubt she has any care whatsoever about what she's putting her family through, or that LE is having to devote resources towards finding her.

I don't forgive her just because she's 16. That's old enough to know better. Just sickening!!

ETA: Judging from her twitter posts (and yes, admittedly, I do judge her), she is a selfish, mean little brat. Not a good person at all.

IMO, most of us are judging her actions, not her personally. But if she's reading here, which I doubt, then she should know that her actions have caused quite an upset. Maybe that's what she wanted in the first place.

Most teenagers that age think they are invincible, as someone mentioned above. They think nothing bad can happen to them, but so many of them are proven wrong. I hope wherever she is, she is safe, and will contact her parents or LE and tell them she wants to come home.

You're right, and I completely understand. Her actions are pretty obvious and easy to judge. I didn't mean any offense.

Mother speaks out (with video)

Nearly 48 hours after her daughter, Kara, went missing, Kim Alongi put out a desperate plea this afternoon for the teen to come home.

"Kara please call us. Let us know you're safe," her mother told The Star-Ledger as she sat in her 16-year-old daughter's bedroom. "We want you home, no matter what. We just want you home."

Sunday, the day Kara vanished, was a typical day at the Alongi home, Kim Alongi said. Kara was studying as the rest of the family was getting ready to go to watch one of her brothers play hockey.

"She was going to come with us," Alongi said.

But Kara said she wasn't feeling well and didn't want to go, her mother said.

"She had a headache so she told me she was going to lay down," Alongi said. "When I left, she was resting in her bed."

When the family returned several hours later, Kara was gone.

Snipped: http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2012/10/kara_alongi_mother_video_missi.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Btoole5
Back