NJ NJ - Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 29, Warren, 10 Oct 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NJ Firefighter Margaret Haddican-McEnroe still missing

Search for missing firefighter intensifies
Army veteran and mother of three vanished from her Somerset County home 10 months ago.
The Express Times
Thursday, August 16, 2007
BY NYIER ABDOU
WARREN, N.J. | Police and rescue volunteers are determined not to let the trail go cold on the case of missing Warren Township firefighter Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, who vanished from her Somerset County home 10 months ago.
http://www.nj.com/news/expresstimes/nj/index.ssf?/base/news-5/1187238244196990.xml&coll=2

WARREN, N.J. | Police and rescue volunteers are determined not to let the trail go cold on the case of missing Warren Township firefighter Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, who vanished from her Somerset County home 10 months ago.

Following a tip, an extensive police search for the Army veteran and mother of three was conducted in the area of Dock Watch Hollow Road in Warren on July 28. The nine-hour search involved search dogs, mounted patrol and more than 50 trained searchers but yielded no clues, said Lt. Robert Glen, of Warren police.

The winding, lesser traveled road is close to Haddican-McEnroe's home and is heavily wooded, with a stream running alongside it. The Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and search teams from Central Jersey Technical Rescue, Passaic County and out of state also took part in the search, Glen said.

Haddican-McEnroe's mother, Eileen Haddican, yesterday said she felt both frustrated and relieved when the evening passed without a knock on the door from police.

"It's one of those things where you hope they find something -- and you hope they don't," Haddican said. "I would just really prefer her to walk in one day."

Still, when Warren police called her the next morning, Haddican said she braced herself for the worse.

"The first thing they said was 'No, no, we didn't find anything,'" Haddican said. "They really do want to find out what happened -- where she is. We all do."

Haddican-McEnroe, who will turn 30 on Saturday, Aug. 25, was last seen by her husband, Timothy McEnroe, at home Oct. 10. McEnroe told police he left to go to work and when he returned, he found his three children, including the couple's 5-month-old, alone in the house. Haddican-McEnroe, who had never been known to leave unexpectedly before, was gone.

Family and friends have repeatedly stated they believe Haddican-McEnroe left on her own accord and will return in her own time. Timothy McEnroe says it was the advice of friends and neighbors that he wait to report his wife missing because it seemed likely she would return.

His decision to wait almost two days to report his wife's disappearance, however, has come under scrutiny and McEnroe has said he feels like a suspect.

With Haddican-McEnroe's birthday coming up, her parents are struggling to find a way to celebrate it without upsetting Haddican-McEnroe's 9-year-old daughter, Sarah, who is currently living with them.

"We are planning on doing something," said Eileen Haddican. "Nothing elaborate, just something to mark the day."

Nyier Abdou may be reached at nabdou@starledger.com or 908- 429-9925.

Ten months later, search still on for Warren mom
NJ Blog, New Jersey - 3 hours ago
by Nyier Abdou
Wednesday August 15, 2007, 6:02 PM
A group of more than 50 police and trained searchers have conducted an extensive search of a wooded area near the home of missing Warren Township firefighter Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, who vanished 10 months ago.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/08/ten_months_later_search_still.html

Ten months later, search still on for Warren mom
by Nyier Abdou
Wednesday August 15, 2007, 6:02 PM

A group of more than 50 police and trained searchers have conducted an extensive search of a wooded area near the home of missing Warren Township firefighter Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, who vanished 10 months ago.

Police said the search, conducted late last month along Dock Watch Hollow Road, was instigated by a tip. The search lasted nine hours but yielded no clues. The Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and the nonprofit Central Jersey Technical Rescue took part, along with trained searchers from Passaic County and out of state.

Haddican-McEnroe, who will turn 30 on Aug. 25, is an army veteran and mother of three. She was last seen by her husband, Timothy McEnroe, at home on Oct. 10. Nearby Dock Watch Hollow Road winds through a heavily wooded area and has a stream that runs alongside it.

Searchers used dogs and mounted patrol but came up empty-handed, said Lt. Robert Glen, of Warren Township police.

McEnroe told police he had left to go to work and when he returned, he found his three children, including the couple's 5-month-old, alone in the house. His wife has not been heard from since.

Central Jersey Technical Rescue chief Eric Martin said the July 28 search was part of the group's ongoing efforts to bring closure to Haddican-McEnroe's family. He said the case was by no means a "cold case."

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/08/ten_months_later_search_still.html

Although Margaret had never been known to leave before, according to articles, her friends have stated that they believe she left on her own and will return on her own time. Does anyone know what causes them to believe this?

I sure don't know why they would believe that or was it the "friend" that told her husband to wait two days to report Margaret missing that told that to LE?
If it was her I wouldn't believe a word she had to say. There is something really strange about that! Do her "friends" honestly believe that Margaret would just walk out the door and leave her two babies in the house alone until the husband got home from work? Doesn't sound logical to me. Didn't take any clothes, car or anything. Oh, I forgot about those thousands of dollars her husband said that she walked out the door with....I believe that too..sure I do.

I'm still looking at the husband for this one and maybe even the "friend" or maybe she was just hoping that Margaret walked out so she could walk in.

Did anyone see Nancy Grace last night? Not sure if it was a re-run, but I don't think so. It stated that an anonymous tip was called in that stated her body would be found in a quarry (sp?). I believe they did a search and did not find anything. Can't imagine the roller coaster ride her poor family is on right now.

I hope the new coverage will bring in more leads.

If my husband came home from work and I was gone and the baby was home alone, you better believe he'd be on the phone with the police within minutes.

Did anyone see Nancy Grace last night? Not sure if it was a re-run, but I don't think so. It stated that an anonymous tip was called in that stated her body would be found in a quarry (sp?). I believe they did a search and did not find anything. Can't imagine the roller coaster ride her poor family is on right now.

I hope the new coverage will bring in more leads.

I'm not sure if it was a rerun or not. Here's a link to the transcript which I found to be very interesting:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/03/ng.01.html

This is such a bizzare case, but my money is on the husband for her disappearance.

This is such a bizzare case, but my money is on the husband for her disappearance.

This man needs a polygraph ASAP. Why are these these husbands get away with murder! Scott Peterson never fooled anyone. Why aren't these police officers learning from that case.

Newsflash, woman dont just "walk" away from loving families and their babies (unless they have a history of doing so).

Margaret had quite an interesting career and she was very brave and fought for others (in Iraq and as a firefighter).

Get with it LE, and find her! Or in the very least, make that husband "a person of interest" NOW.

I guess the husbands are getting better at hiding evidence now. It is taking longer and longer to get the evidence together unless someone comes upon the missing women before they arrest him.

Hi Everyone: this case is really heating up now! Texas Esquire Searcher came to New Jersey to do this last two searches with all their terraine equipment.
There was two phoned in tips at the police dept. and these tips were the cause of the new searches. Along with a note that was found stuck in the Husbands truck window, that stated" I know what you did "
The Time line that was originally thought to be has now been updated.
The husband seems to have had alot more time on his hands after going to the store to get the baby formula that day, and then back to work???
There is also another question that has not been answered today by anyone, but Margaret seems to have had a Dr. Appt. at the exact same time she was supposedly at her Adoptive Fathers house in an uproar, screaming divorce.
Meaning she could not have been at two places at the same time that day!
So, was she at the Dr. Appt, or not,? was she really at the Adoptive Father Haddican's house screaming divorce? This has yet to be made public but I got my information from one of the horses mouth. The D.A. one of them claims the husband did take a private Lie detector test, while another claims he did not yet. but he failed it anyways if he did. ????? Seems the D.A.'s dont have it together and are not on the same page. The Friend of the Husbands " Lisa" is laying low and keeping quiet and away from the husband these day, it seems. Tim, Margarets husband stated he has not talked to Lisa in a long while? In addition to the Rock Quarry Search recently, they also dug up Tim McEnroe's entire backyard? and plan to go over the house again with the luminol. Husband Tim McEnroe, has already drawn up papers, apointing his brother custody of his two girls, if anything should happen to him. Dening the Haddicans custody or his mother or Margaret's Birth Mother custody of his two daughters. Why would a father make these kinds of legal arrangements out of the blue just recently, since the new phone tips and the note was found in the window of his vehicle? And the Search was conducted very close to his home, at the Rock Quarry, and why did they dig up his entire back yard ? I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I certaily think there is more than enough reasonable doubt and just cause to demand this man take a lie detector test in the police atmosphere immediately.
And if he fails it, he has plenty of explaining to do, just for his own actions, arrangeing Custody of his children to his brother, should anything happen to him. Just my personal opinion as usual. Everyone have a nice day. I do have links for these stories, but it is 6:19 am. and i have not been to bed yet, as I was building a website for another family member who has a missing child, all night. What is this world coming to? People can just kill other people and get away with it, and hide these bodies so well, and leave not a trace of evidence. We are all at the Mercy of the knowledge of people who saw and know what happened to these victims, but are petrified to come forward and talk ??? And there is no laws to make a person talk if they dont want to.
I say we need to exercise the truth serum that the goverment has on hand and available these days. But this is totally unconstitutional and against our civil rights. Goodnight all. P.S. It was Columbus day the day before Margaret went missing and that is why all three kids were out of school that day. Seems the 9 year old daughter witnessed her parents fighting over another woman! Margaret had received a phone call from this woman and let into her husband about it. When this child was questioned by police before the Haddicans took custody and had her at their house the second time she was questioned, she told another story from the Haddicans home. The truth of what happend that day, more than likely lies in the mind of a 9 year old child. The family stated they knew that the 9 year old child witnessed the arguement that day the police was called but Margaret had already left the property before police arrived. Then Margaret disappeared the very next day. Husband waited how many days to notify the police she was missing? And then police waited another 5 days themself before starting their investigation. Seems to me, the disturbance call made on Columbus Day, should have been given a little bit more consideration in all of this hem hawing around to report a missing person, and then police waiting 5 additional days to come out and search the house? What ever happened stems from the day the disturbance call was made to police by neighbors. Afterwards it was swept under the rug and never brought up again until recently.
Police have also found out during their more recent investigations, that Margaret and Tim McEnroe's marriage and relationship was not as hunky dory as everybody thought. o.k. that's all now, Goodnight.

Hi Everyone: this case is really heating up now! Texas Esquire Searcher came to New Jersey to do this last two searches with all their terraine equipment.
There was two phoned in tips at the police dept. and these tips were the cause of the new searches. Along with a note that was found stuck in the Husbands truck window, that stated" I know what you did "
The Time line that was originally thought to be has now been updated.
The husband seems to have had alot more time on his hands after going to the store to get the baby formula that day, and then back to work???
There is also another question that has not been answered today by anyone, but Margaret seems to have had a Dr. Appt. at the exact same time she was supposedly at her Adoptive Fathers house in an uproar, screaming divorce.
Meaning she could not have been at two places at the same time that day!
So, was she at the Dr. Appt, or not,? was she really at the Adoptive Father Haddican's house screaming divorce? This has yet to be made public but I got my information from one of the horses mouth. The D.A. one of them claims the husband did take a private Lie detector test, while another claims he did not yet. but he failed it anyways if he did. ????? Seems the D.A.'s dont have it together and are not on the same page. The Friend of the Husbands " Lisa" is laying low and keeping quiet and away from the husband these day, it seems. Tim, Margarets husband stated he has not talked to Lisa in a long while? In addition to the Rock Quarry Search recently, they also dug up Tim McEnroe's entire backyard? and plan to go over the house again with the luminol. Husband Tim McEnroe, has already drawn up papers, apointing his brother custody of his two girls, if anything should happen to him. Dening the Haddicans custody or his mother or Margaret's Birth Mother custody of his two daughters. Why would a father make these kinds of legal arrangements out of the blue just recently, since the new phone tips and the note was found in the window of his vehicle? And the Search was conducted very close to his home, at the Rock Quarry, and why did they dig up his entire back yard ? I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I certaily think there is more than enough reasonable doubt and just cause to demand this man take a lie detector test in the police atmosphere immediately.
And if he fails it, he has plenty of explaining to do, just for his own actions, arrangeing Custody of his children to his brother, should anything happen to him. Just my personal opinion as usual. Everyone have a nice day. I do have links for these stories, but it is 6:19 am. and i have not been to bed yet, as I was building a website for another family member who has a missing child, all night. What is this world coming to? People can just kill other people and get away with it, and hide these bodies so well, and leave not a trace of evidence. We are all at the Mercy of the knowledge of people who saw and know what happened to these victims, but are petrified to come forward and talk ??? And there is no laws to make a person talk if they dont want to.
I say we need to exercise the truth serum that the goverment has on hand and available these days. But this is totally unconstitutional and against our civil rights. Goodnight all. P.S. It was Columbus day the day before Margaret went missing and that is why all three kids were out of school that day. Seems the 9 year old daughter witnessed her parents fighting over another woman! Margaret had received a phone call from this woman and let into her husband about it. When this child was questioned by police before the Haddicans took custody and had her at their house the second time she was questioned, she told another story from the Haddicans home. The truth of what happend that day, more than likely lies in the mind of a 9 year old child. The family stated they knew that the 9 year old child witnessed the arguement that day the police was called but Margaret had already left the property before police arrived. Then Margaret disappeared the very next day. Husband waited how many days to notify the police she was missing? And then police waited another 5 days themself before starting their investigation. Seems to me, the disturbance call made on Columbus Day, should have been given a little bit more consideration in all of this hem hawing around to report a missing person, and then police waiting 5 additional days to come out and search the house? What ever happened stems from the day the disturbance call was made to police by neighbors. Afterwards it was swept under the rug and never brought up again until recently.
Police have also found out during their more recent investigations, that Margaret and Tim McEnroe's marriage and relationship was not as hunky dory as everybody thought. o.k. that's all now, Goodnight.

Thank you for your vast inside information. If this child (the 9 year old), was witness to this alleged argument between Margaret and her husband, then why haven't the police questioned the child yet? Has the "mystery woman" been interviewed by police yet?

Lots of unanswered questions. Time is ticking on and another woman's gone <sigh>.

Thank you for your vast inside information. If this child (the 9 year old), was witness to this alleged argument between Margaret and her husband, then why haven't the police questioned the child yet? Has the "mystery woman" been interviewed by police yet?

Lots of unanswered questions. Time is ticking on and another woman's gone <sigh>.

The 9 yr. old child was questioned by police at her home, before taken to live with Margaret's parents. After the 911 disturbance call was made. After that, I'm told, the police tried to question her agian, but she changed her story after being with the Haddicans. But original story was that they were fighting over another woman calling her dad?

A poster on Court T.V. board, posted tonight, might add, very upset poster, claims he/she has been on 2 foot searches and digging and manning phones and working with police in NJ. Putting up posters, and the rest of us don't know nothing we keep posting about. etc.etcc. It's just real sad. Those 3 kids have lost their mom forever it looks like now. Texas Esquire Team usually only come out to search for a body after this amount of time has passed 11 months. but I'm real glad they got those tips, so they'd know where to search. I hope they find her real soon.

Hmmmm...another woman? A Doctor's appointment instead of her being at the adopted family's home? Interesting. This could certainly add new twists to this case.

Did they confirm she went to the Doc's appt? It would be easy enough to do.

I also find it interesting that the husband had a note on his car stating "I know what you did." If that person truely does know, I sure wish they'd go to LE with that info.

The 9 yr. old child was questioned by police at her home, before taken to live with Margaret's parents. After the 911 disturbance call was made. After that, I'm told, the police tried to question her agian, but she changed her story after being with the Haddicans. But original story was that they were fighting over another woman calling her dad?

A poster on Court T.V. board, posted tonight, might add, very upset poster, claims he/she has been on 2 foot searches and digging and manning phones and working with police in NJ. Putting up posters, and the rest of us don't know nothing we keep posting about. etc.etcc. It's just real sad. Those 3 kids have lost their mom forever it looks like now. Texas Esquire Team usually only come out to search for a body after this amount of time has passed 11 months. but I'm real glad they got those tips, so they'd know where to search. I hope they find her real soon.

Thank you for your post. Somehow Texas Esquire Team should get involved, being close to this case, what wheels need to be in motion to expedite? Waiting 11 months is ludicrous, by then too much evidence can disappear. Keep up the great information!!

It sure sounds like LE is looking at the husband.....finally! I wonder who the woman was that the husband was getting phone calls from...Lisa? That wouldn't surprise me and it wouldn't surprise me if he was having an affair or getting ready to have one. Sounds like he may be getting a little nervous making arrangements for his daughters. I've never believed that Margaret just walked away. Now if she had packed up her and her daughter's clothing, took some money, etc and got in the car and drove away I would believe that she left on her own. I would imagine they probably had a fight and something happened. It will be interesting to see if they find any blood in the house when they go in with the luminol. Just wish they would find her.

I'm still trying to figure out why they dug up Tim's entire backyard and why there is no mention of it in the news media?
Anyways, the FACT: that Texas Esquire did get involved twice, and help search tells me something in and of itself. Either one or the two phone tips called in or the note left in Tim's vehicle, stating they know what he did, obviously lead the NJ police to call in help on a search, right?
I mean they had to have some kind of tip or reason to search that quarry.
And the Texas Esquire search team is the best, to have on your search team.
I havn't looked for the link about the note in Tim's vehicle either.
but this backyard digging has me puzzled. Did it happen or not, and why isnt it made public? Twas family member that told about this. I hope it is the truth. Maybe this info, isnt suppose to be out yet either? The air has been let out of my balloon for sure having as much hope as I did they would find her still alive and well. Texas Esquire pretty much did that for me. Well, still praying for the families.

Hi Angel

It is my understanding that requests for Texas Equusearch to help with search efforts can be requested by either the families or LE. Typically I have seen the requests coming from families and TES needs to have permission from LE to participate in search efforts. (Others on the boards may be more familiar with the process). So, based on that information, I think it is too early to assume that they came at the request of LE. We don't know any facts on this yet.

Your post was the first i had heard about the note on Tim's vehicle. Was this in the media or just from your source? Haven't heard anything on the backyard digging yet either. I agree, this would definitely make the news. Is it possible your source is purposely giving you incorrect information?

hi ellas mom: my source is one of the family member of Margarets.
I suppose anything is possible as far as them giving out wrong information on purpose but I was given their permission to post about anything they say concerning their daughter, as they said they only want Margaret found and if anything they know can help locate her, the public is more than welcome to the information? So, actually, in reality, this information could be considered hearsay until it is proven in the media or verified by Law Enforcement. I have been real careful not to post anything that I felt would hender the investigation in anyway without permission of the investigator himself.
As you know both sides of Margaret's families are like the Hatfield and McCoys at each other throats all the time. And some are in NJ and others are abroad. However, I have had information in the past, that I've never made public, and it did come to light in the media not too soon after it was discussed. Including the family asking Texas Esquire to search for Margaret.
And they did that quiet a long time ago, but one of the owners wife was thrown from a horse and hurt badly so that search was postponed for obvious reasons. And this was verified as it was posted on the Texas Esquire board. This incident did occur. I also know that they do have to have Law Enforcements permission to search when family members contact them, but they have had permission from LE, way back when. I don't know if they just now got able to come and search at the request of the family from a while back or if the new tips had anything to do with LE, bringing them in recently. But they did come on two searches I'm told. The phone tips called in was mentioned on Nancy Grace as she questioned them about why they didnt trace the calls.
All of the information I have posted about was indeed coming from the family member source. I have always been able to verify that information before posting about it, except this very last news, about the note in Tim's vehicle and the digging up of his entire backyard. I can see the note not being made public yet due to law enforcement reasons, but the digging up of Tim's backyard, well, the neighbors and whole town would know about this anyway, so unless my source was given fake information, on a personal level, I have no reason NOT to believe this person. But yes, anything is possible I guess. I just can't see a reason this person would intentionally give out fake information as this if indeed that is what has happened, as I have never posted or made public anything without their permission. I do usually post links for the public to go read to verify my posts, and I do have some saved that I need to post and update. I was kinda thrown off guard by this persons recent phone call with so much more information out of the blue as I was deep into another case when they called me, but I will get those links posted very soon. So until I can, I guess we should all consider this hearsay, or until the media makes it public themself, which ever comes first, my links or their media? This is just a terrible terrible case with family not willing to work and pull together as a whole and friends, or they are unable to work together and it seems everybody is always fighting over who loved Margaret the very most and who she loved the very most. And Naturally there is Just Cause for their strifes as I've heard both sides. It's just such a sad case to follow, because it is the children that I worry about the most being hurt from all of this in the long run and it doesn't matter how the case turns out, these children are the ones that will hurt the most in the long run. I keep hopeing this case is going to turn out like the case of the Famous, " Runaway Bride" that disappeared and came back on her own. But that Bride had to face criminal charges for her actions. But you do have a very good point that I have too actually thought about, as far as being given fake information this time. It did cross my mind. I guess time will tell on this one. But for now, I'm going to continue to trust this source until I can prove otherwise. If this last bit of information is FAKE! it will be the first time I've been lied to. I'm working on verifying it. Well, guess that covers everything for now. Thanks for letting me share again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unsloved387
Back