Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
so sorry songbird...and i don't disagree sweetgrits. kinderkamack is not an off-the-beaten-track route, as a matter of fact it's a main thoroughfare.

so bizarre...and sad...

so sorry songbird...and i don't disagree sweetgrits. kinderkamack is not an off-the-beaten-track route, as a matter of fact it's a main thoroughfare.

so bizarre...and sad...

I still feel like something isn't quite right. I dunno. How did they not find him earlier? Who kills themself with pills in bushes?? Weird

I am so sad about this. He was so kind and had this beautiful energy about him. I hope he is at peace now and I pray for his family.

I am so sorry Songbird. It seems obvious he was a rare special kind person, but I wonder did anyone notice any sadness or depression. I know it was not documented but sometimes someone can tell. I hate to think he carried his pain completely alone...

I am so sad about this. He was so kind and had this beautiful energy about him. I hope he is at peace now and I pray for his family.

I live in the area and it makes no sense to me that they just found him now. He wasn't in the woods he was basically in bushes on the side of the road. How can the police rule out foul play and how can have missed him the first search? Something seems rotten here.

I live near there. There's no way they could've missed him the first time. Where the body was found wasn't deep in woods!!

Please provide the link this was suicide? Please provide the link about pills.

He could have been hit by a car!

SMH

I didn't know him personally but his warmth and sincerity shined through the photos in the articles online. He seemed like a kind, gentle soul who touched everyone's path he crossed. I was able to view the spot of bushes online his body was located and I'm completely dumbfounded how it took 11 days for his body to be discovered by anyone @ all. Kinderkamack Road is a street with a sidewalk and considering its summer and there's more foot traffic than fall/winter months I'm at a complete loss. Plus the group of bushes where he was located separate 2 business and isn't a heavy brush of bushes. One of the businesses driveway is directly next to the brush of bushes so I wonder if someone who worked there reported the stench to the police.

I didn't know him personally but his warmth and sincerity shined through the photos in the articles online. He seemed like a kind, gentle soul who touched everyone's path he crossed. I was able to view the spot of bushes online his body was located and I'm completely dumbfounded how it took 11 days for his body to be discovered by anyone @ all. Kinderkamack Road is a street with a sidewalk and considering its summer and there's more foot traffic than fall/winter months I'm at a complete loss. Plus the group of bushes where he was located separate 2 business and isn't a heavy brush of bushes. One of the businesses driveway is directly next to the brush of bushes so I wonder if someone who worked there reported the stench to the police.

Yes!! Something isn't right here!! How dare the cops immediately say probably suicide. How can they know for sure yet?? And how the heck did they not find him on the first search??? I'm not convinced he was there the whole time.

The article from an hour and a half ago saying "suicide and probably pills" is gone!! It was a quote from an investigator but either the quote is gone or the article was pulled offline!

Yes!! Something isn't right here!! How dare the cops immediately say probably suicide. How can they know for sure yet?? And how the heck did they not find him on the first search??? I'm not convinced he was there the whole time.

Maybe he wasnt there during the first search. He may have been elsewhere, debating what to do, or in the midst of a mental crisis. I feel like LE wouldn't say it was probably suicide unless they had good reason to believe so. I would guess he had a pill bottle near him. If he was hit by a car to the point of it killing him they would probably be able to tell pretty quickly. It was unprofessional for them to say it but I would bet they are pretty certain what happened.

Hope you're doing ok song bird. So sorry for his family. RIP mark

That article from the Paramus news source is still on line as of right now and still mentions it!!!! I felt same way earlier that the investigator should never have said that.

To be completely honest, I don't think they searched past Soldier Hill Road once MS's scent was detected to the bus stop. Plus the 2 missing bus passes they easily assumed it was a person who left his wife for whatever reason and took the bus into the city. I could be wrong, but the search set up today could have been a paid search hence the account set up for donations. I hate to point fingers but the cops dropped the ball on this one. They may not have been able to prevent this tragedy, but at least family and friends would not have been holding onto hope for an entire 11days.

The article from an hour and a half ago saying "suicide and probably pills" is gone!! It was a quote from an investigator but either the quote is gone or the article was pulled offline!

It still had the quote about pills and the article has suicide in the title on my computer

To be completely honest, I don't think they searched past Soldier Hill Road once MS's scent was detected to the bus stop. Plus the 2 missing bus passes they easily assumed it was a person who left his wife for whatever reason and took the bus into the city. I could be wrong, but the search set up today could have been a paid search hence the account set up for donations. I hate to point fingers but the cops dropped the ball on this one. They may not have been able to prevent this tragedy, but at least family and friends would not have been holding onto hope for an entire 11days.

To be fair there was no proof about the two bus passes except his wife saying that she only found 8 passes and he would have made sure he had 10 for the week. So very circumstantial. They shouldn't have taken her word as gospel and focused so much on the bus stop.

http://paramus.dailyvoice.com/polic...t-found-near-home-in-apparent-suicide/719906/

Given the body's condition, an autopsy by the Bergen County Medical Examiner would have to officially determine the cause of death.
However, the veteran investigator said: "We're not sure if it was pills or what, but it isn't suspicious."

1) Given the body's condition Bergen County Medical Examiner would have to officially determine the cause of death. (Meaning there was NO obvious signs of trauma no gunshot wounds, and he was not hit by a car).

2) "We're not sure if it was pills or what, but it isn't suspicious." (No one seems to know what he had in the bag when he left, there could have been pills in that bag, we don't know only the investigators know. If the veteran investigator mentioned pills, then it must be based on something they found with the body and I am assuming they did find empty pill bottles. The veteran investigator stated not sure if it was pills or what because until they do an autopsy and tissue sample they won't know for sure).

Otherwise off the bat if no pill bottles were there they would have said looks like natural causes or something else but we won't know yet.

You have to read between the lines of what the authorities mentioned. Like it or not a Veteran Investigator is not pulling the pills out of the sky. It is based on years of his experience. Maybe his wife also told authorities he left with a bag of pills, we do not know that either.

My neighbor a successful business man made 300k a year, a beautiful wife with a career 3 grown educated gentlemen sons. His wife went to breakfast with her mother called her husband asked he wanted her to bring a sandwich home for him, he said yes Turkey, 20 minutes later she came home he hung himself from the staircase, Who knew? People that suffer from depression problems snap on a dime and kill themselves. I never saw it coming he had everything to live for, he was charming, outgoing and successful.

To be fair there was no proof about the two bus passes except his wife saying that she only found 8 passes and he would have made sure he had 10 for the week. So very circumstantial. They shouldn't have taken her word as gospel and focused so much on the bus stop.

Very true and he may have taken the 2 bus passes in an effort to throw off his wife so he wouldn't be found immediately. This entire situation is sooo sad and depressing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back