Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What has been phased out in reporting? I notice they eliminated the word GIFT bag and it's just bag now. But what else?

Sometimes when people have jobs like he has often make you extremely caring and loving. (Can't say he really isn't in the least) they are that way, because that is how you earn your money. People spread your "awesomeness" and your attentiveness, you keep clients trusting you, and that drives money every time they are successful, it's a reflection of you. Those clients in turn, also drive new clients to you. Onve again I'm not saying he wasn't truly those things, but as mentioned above, you keep things to yourself and you roll with things. It becomes such a habit, especially if it pays your bills. I have another suspicion as well, but I'll sit on my hands a little while. This is truly baffling and I notice a few little things are slowly being phased out in the reporting also. One article actual removed a whole line in their article. So, I have a feeling there are larger clues in his disappearance. I'm also concerned about some personal things that have not been present in any article that I have seen. Sometimes things not said, or done speaks volumes to me.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm thinking anything the have found of a sensitive nature they will not release and they shouldn't. The family deserves some privacy

Stating the obvious...I hope all hospitals have been checked. If he didn't have ID they wouldn't know who he is. This is the first place I would look

Sometimes when people have jobs like he has often make you extremely caring and loving. (Can't say he really isn't in the least) they are that way, because that is how you earn your money. People spread your "awesomeness" and your attentiveness, you keep clients trusting you, and that drives money every time they are successful, it's a reflection of you. Those clients in turn, also drive new clients to you. Onve again I'm not saying he wasn't truly those things, but as mentioned above, you keep things to yourself and you roll with things. It becomes such a habit, especially if it pays your bills. I have another suspicion as well, but I'll sit on my hands a little while. This is truly baffling and I notice a few little things are slowly being phased out in the reporting also. One article actual removed a whole line in their article. So, I have a feeling there are larger clues in his disappearance. I'm also concerned about some personal things that have not been present in any article that I have seen. Sometimes things not said, or done speaks volumes to me.

I'm trying to think of the most tactful way to say this w/o offending anyone. From the accounts of friends, family and colleagues I truly believe MS was everything they described him as and more. I can't help think what would make such a kind, caring, compassionate soul intentionally leave their family shrouded in mystery about their whereabouts. Based on what I've read about him, walking away seems completely out of character for him. This is why I'm now convinced he had some sort of mental breakdown. There's a possibility his family noticed changes about him but wrote it off as overworked or normal stress. I'm praying for the best outcome but my gut tells me that he took his own life the same day he disappeared. My heart truly aches for his family.

So I have to admit I am a little leary about checking this site today because they are doing this extensive search today. I want to know what happened and I want peace for the family but honestly I would rather know nothing than something bad. Reading about Chris and the little anecdote about the messy laundry room and how it is always kinda messy and it drives Mark nuts made them seem so human and real. I am turning the notifications on my phone off and will check back tonight.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking anything the have found of a sensitive nature they will not release and they shouldn't. The family deserves some privacy
Well I realize that sensitive things may be removed, however; if they are it's normally noted in media. THIS however, was not anything sensitive that I can see. Second, I cannot post because I have no way to back up what I saw. There is no edit explaination, I'm not even sure what article this was posted in. A post talking about the dogs tracking to the bus stop and I remember distinctly reading more. When I went back to the 1st two pages, I could no longer locate the quote from LE. It was not an earth shattering statement, however, it puzzles me when things are removed from media without explaination. And yes, we have dropped "gift" from the bag he was carrying. That also is weird. Now, what kind of "bag" was he seen with? Sometimes things are small and seem insignificant, but often those insignificant things matter.

I'm trying to think of the most tactful way to say this w/o offending anyone. From the accounts of friends, family and colleagues I truly believe MS was everything they described him as and more. I can't help think what would make such a kind, caring, compassionate soul intentionally leave their family shrouded in mystery about their whereabouts. Based on what I've read about him, walking away seems completely out of character for him. This is why I'm now convinced he had some sort of mental breakdown. There's a possibility his family noticed changes about him but wrote it off as overworked or normal stress. I'm praying for the best outcome but my gut tells me that he took his own life the same day he disappeared. My heart truly aches for his family.
This is precisely why I stated it the way I did. I have no idea if his personality conformed to his occupation or not. I just know they often do. Mine did when I worked with criminals in the justice system. My personality changed because I had to. Not intentionally, you just do it because it makes you successful at your job. Especially public jobs, that puts money in your pocket. The thing with me was the opposite personality I developed. I went from being a small town girl, friendly, but reserved. Everybody ran over me easily, or I was easy to back down. This particular job, was offered to me as a career jump. It took my family and closest friends to finally talk to me about the changes. (Thank goodness they did) It was a stressful job that required me to develop thicker skin, to get results. I dealt with murderers, rapists, thieves and general low-life people daily. I became desensitized to criminals. I was not a corrections officer, I had to get information from inmates. Male and female and their families. So, you see I had to be. For this gentleman, it was the opposite MAYBE. It just went along with the person earlier discussing transparent depression. That is why, I stated this part. It isn't always easy to see. It is strictly, just a nature you develop to become great at your job. That is all. Just adding to the depression theory.

wondering if they have considered the possibility of the other direction on the bus. Toward spring Valley, Two bus tickets might take him toward the shore. Extra 60 bucks for any taxis or buses required for the extra travel.

wondering if they have considered the possibility of the other direction on the bus. Toward spring Valley, Two bus tickets might take him toward the shore. Extra 60 bucks for any taxis or buses required for the extra travel.

Anything is possible. I live in SV near the Monsey border and I work in Mahwah NJ. Since MS's disappearance I've been on the lookout in my commute between work and home. IMO, SV is way too small to go unnoticed, but it hasn't stopped me from paying attention to people walking on the side of the road in high traffic areas or hanging out in front of the grocery store or local D&D which are notorious spots for the transient population in SV.

Anything is possible. I live in SV near the Monsey border and I work in Mahwah NJ. Since MS's disappearance I've been on the lookout in my commute between work and home. IMO, SV is way too small to go unnoticed, but it hasn't stopped me from paying attention to people walking on the side of the road in high traffic areas or hanging out in front of the grocery store or local D&D which are notorious spots for the transient population in SV.

Interesting, I hadn't considered the small town factor. Still if he made it to the shore, it would be crowded there this time of year, yes?

Interesting, I hadn't considered the small town factor. Still if he made it to the shore, it would be crowded there this time of year, yes?

Yes, the shore is crowded this time of the year especially since it's nearing the end of the summer. Strangely even though his scent was tracked to the bus stop I don't think he got on a bus. I guess I feel that way because in missing person cases usually the "obvious" is not the "obvious".

Yes, the shore is crowded this time of the year especially since it's nearing the end of the summer. Strangely even though his scent was tracked to the bus stop I don't think he got on a bus. I guess I feel that way because in missing person cases usually the "obvious" is not the "obvious".

Makes sense, and the dogs could be wrong of course, the missing bus tickets are a bit baffling to me...hard to identify the obvious in this case.

I agree that he could have been suffering from depression or maybe he was walking and hit by a car? I haven't heard anyone mention that yet. Maybe he didn't want to go back to his routine after vacation and had enough with life and took a walk and they haven't found him yet because he didn't commit suicide in an easily found location. I hope he comes back safe and just needed some time away
I spent this afternoon reading this entire thread. I also am from and living in NJ. My friend lives in the same town as he does.

Does anyone know how far his body was found from his home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does state that him and his wife had an argument. Suicide or a hit and run? So sad...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back