Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mark was a dedicated yogi at Live Free Yoga studio in nearby River Edge, NJ. He even went to class the morning on the the day he disappeared. Perhaps someone there noticed something?

I definitely agree that there's more to the story that either the police or his wife aren't sharing. One account said they'd had an argument before he left - I believe she said it was "about the laundry". Doesn't sound right.

Would love to know if there are any cameras at the bus station to see if he ever even arrived there or got on a bus.

If he's not seen having gotten on the bus to the city I don't know what other explanations there are at this point because they have done exhaustive searching and haven't found him.

I definitely agree that there's more to the story that either the police or his wife aren't sharing. One account said they'd had an argument before he left - I believe she said it was "about the laundry". Doesn't sound right.

Would love to know if there are any cameras at the bus station to see if he ever even arrived there or got on a bus.

If he's not seen having gotten on the bus to the city I don't know what other explanations there are at this point because they have done exhaustive searching and haven't found him.

I don't think they said he had a fight did they? He just made a remark about the laundry room being a mess.

no documentation of a "fight" but if i came home from a week in scotland and my husband was annoyed at laundry...

http://nypost.com/2017/08/18/manhattan-talent-agent-mysteriously-disappears/

Chris Schlegel recalled that her always-organized husband was annoyed by the pile of laundry that had amassed following their UK trip – but said his reaction was nothing out of the ordinary.

“He was ticked off about the laundry room. That’s the last thing he said was that, ‘Oh my god, it’s such a mess,'” the baffled wife said. “That was it.”

(snipped)

The wife said she found only eight round-trip bus tickets to and from the city at home – and that her meticulous husband would’ve had 10 ready for the upcoming workweek.

no documentation of a "fight" but if i came home from a week in scotland and my husband was annoyed at laundry...

http://nypost.com/2017/08/18/manhattan-talent-agent-mysteriously-disappears/

Chris Schlegel recalled that her always-organized husband was annoyed by the pile of laundry that had amassed following their UK trip – but said his reaction was nothing out of the ordinary.

“He was ticked off about the laundry room. That’s the last thing he said was that, ‘Oh my god, it’s such a mess,'” the baffled wife said. “That was it.”

(snipped)

The wife said she found only eight round-trip bus tickets to and from the city at home – and that her meticulous husband would’ve had 10 ready for the upcoming workweek.

Oh hmmm it seems less suspicious to me hearing the full context. Doesn't really sound like an argument at all. Plus overall the wife seems really genuine here. This case truly is such a head scratcher....

welcome to WS enterthecircus. i agree, this is a head scratcher. every case i've followed. i need to expand my scope.

thing is, if you read non-MSM sites (which are not allowed to be posted here), this guy was perfect. nothing but accolades from family, friends, colleagues, clients...even in the nicest of forums there's always a troll or one to insult the victim. nothing in this case. nothing but an outpouring of positive emotions and compliments.

so for me that's a red flag. no one's perfect. songbird, since you're a local let us know what the buzz is...there's so little information out there (another red flag)...but be careful posting only because rumor gets us in trouble around here...;)

welcome to WS enterthecircus. i agree, this is a head scratcher. every case i've followed. i need to expand my scope.

thing is, if you read non-MSM sites (which are not allowed to be posted here), this guy was perfect. nothing but accolades from family, friends, colleagues, clients...even in the nicest of forums there's always a troll or one to insult the victim. nothing in this case. nothing but an outpouring of positive emotions and compliments.

so for me that's a red flag. no one's perfect. songbird, since you're a local let us know what the buzz is...there's so little information out there (another red flag)...but be careful posting only because rumor gets us in trouble around here...;)

I posted a link above about a search underway tomorrow through the weekend in the area with dogs in specified areas. Also asking for no volunteers please. It will I the NJ search and rescue team.

As a local I feel like the may find a body soon during this search (they are spending four days scouring pre-determined areas with dogs) but I hope I'm wrong and he returns home safely.

In show business people often say how incredible a person is because they can seem fake or charismatic, In Mark's case he gave off a genuinely good and kind vibe that wasn't usual in the industry. Smart, patient, kind and a family man. Rare things to see.

Throwing this out there but is it possible this guy had been working as a spy or CIA and no one knew? And something went wrong? Does that stuff really happen or have I seen too many movies.?

Been reading up on "Concealed Depression". It's fascinating how many people especially men can conceal depression for YEARS and often seem
Overly positive to compensate. This case hits close to home literally and figuratively. I really hope there's a happy ending here.

Throwing this out there but is it possible this guy had been working as a spy or CIA and no one knew? And something went wrong? Does that stuff really happen or have I seen too many movies.?

I think you've seen too many movies :)

I think you've seen too many movies :)

Yes I know. I guess I don't want to believe someone would disappear on their own accord and/or that foul play was involved which I don't think so. His family has reiterated that they believe he will come home soon. I don't know if that's just positive thinking on their behalf or they know more than they are telling but I suppose it's just too baffling to think he would disappear for this long and then reappear? After everyone has spent time and money searching ? Maybe he's in a fugue state who knows.

Been reading up on "Concealed Depression". It's fascinating how many people especially men can conceal depression for YEARS and often seem
Overly positive to compensate. This case hits close to home literally and figuratively. I really hope there's a happy ending here.

I am a woman but recently I feel like I am concealing my own issues and over compensating with positivity and support for my loved ones. It is taking a toll on me, but my friends and family probably wouldn't know because I am good at concealing it in order to be the support system they are used to me being. I am really hoping he just needed some space and time to focus on himself. I can totally understand if that is the case, and if it is, hopefully he will let LE know,

I just can't shake the feeling that something happened on their vacation that was the catalyst for all of this.

Yes I know. I guess I don't want to believe someone would disappear on their own accord and/or that foul play was involved which I don't think so. His family has reiterated that they believe he will come home soon. I don't know if that's just positive thinking on their behalf or they know more than they are telling but I suppose it's just too baffling to think he would disappear for this long and then reappear? After everyone has spent time and money searching ? Maybe he's in a fugue state who knows.
Its not unusual for people to disappear for a while and show up again. In most cases this is exactly what happens. There was a girl recently who crashed her car and left her purse, keys, everything in the car! I know it sounds far fetched but after you have hung around a while you will see :)

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I am a woman but recently I feel like I am concealing my own issues and over compensating with positivity and support for my loved ones. It is taking a toll on me, but my friends and family probably wouldn't know because I am good at concealing it in order to be the support system they are used to me being. I am really hoping he just needed some space and time to focus on himself. I can totally understand if that is the case, and if it is, hopefully he will let LE know,

I just can't shake the feeling that something happened on their vacation that was the catalyst for all of this.

Hey I hope you talk to someone. A therapist, clergy, Doctor. You can't be everyone's support system and you deserve support too. Thinking of you.

Its not unusual for people to disappear for a while and show up again. In most cases this is exactly what happens. There was a girl recently who crashed her car and left her purse, keys, everything in the car! I know it sounds far fetched but after you have hung around a while you will see :)

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Ok! I'm new here and learning. This case is local for me which is why I found WS to begin with. Been fascinated and alarmed.

Hey I hope you talk to someone. A therapist, clergy, Doctor. You can't be everyone's support system and you deserve support too. Thinking of you.

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm having a tough time right now but in the grand scheme of things I understand I am fortunate. This case is getting to me not just because I'm a jersey girl but because I understand that sometimes life can become overwhelming and taking a step away could be relieving. Which is what I am hoping Mark did.. just needed to get away from whatever may have been overwhelming him.

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm having a tough time right now but in the grand scheme of things I understand I am fortunate. This case is getting to me not just because I'm a jersey girl but because I understand that sometimes life can become overwhelming and taking a step away could be relieving. Which is what I am hoping Mark did.. just needed to get away from whatever may have been overwhelming him.

I'm in Jersey too and I have felt the same way. I hope he stepped away too and is able to come back when he feels ready.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kels1221
Back