Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know one thing... if I were attempting to slip away to commit suicide or to make a fresh start, I'd do it in such a way as to have a healthy headstart. I wouldn't dash out in the middle of the day in a wholly uncharacteristic manner so that others would be alerted and/or concerned almost immediately.

My feeling is he left in a panic - received a phone call or email? - and intended to come right back after taking care of something, but things went wrong somehow. Had it been planned, I think he would have given himself a wider window of opportunity through which to disappear.

All MOO, as always.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm thinking too.

I know one thing... if I were attempting to slip away to commit suicide or to make a fresh start, I'd do it in such a way as to have a healthy headstart. I wouldn't dash out in the middle of the day in a wholly uncharacteristic manner so that others would be alerted and/or concerned almost immediately.

My feeling is he left in a panic - received a phone call or email? - and intended to come right back after taking care of something, but things went wrong somehow. Had it been planned, I think he would have given himself a wider window of opportunity through which to disappear.

All MOO, as always.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

They checked his email and phone records and nothing was unusual. However....who is to say he didn't have another phone? I recently found out a lot of people have second phones that even their spouses don't know about. "Burner" phones they are called. Pay as you go cash ones.

So has LE interviewed bus drivers from that day and route? Reviewed port authority surveillance? I'm just really not getting a foul play vibe.

I go back and forth on foul play. It really is a very strange case.

Authorities remain baffled over the disappearance of talent agent*Mark Schlegel, who last was*seen leaving his New Jersey home more than a week ago.

Schlegel, 57, who works for*CornerStone Talent Agency*in Manhattan, has a client list that includes Brandon Flynn*(13 Reasons Why), Daniel Sunjata*(The Dark Knight Rises) and Dominic Chianese (The Sopranos), among others. He has been with CornerStone since 2002.

Police have searched several areas of Oradell on foot and also have interviewed his colleagues for any leads. Two Nixle alerts also were sent out last week to residents about Schlegel’s disappearance, according to nj.com. But so far, his disappearance remains a mystery.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/new-york-talent-agent-vanished-still-missing-mark-schlegel-1202153398/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
I didn't know Daniel Sanjata was his client. Makes sense cause he used to be an SVU regular and its filmed in NYC. Yes burner phones are popular with cheating spouses and drug dealers.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Actress Viola Davis tweeted that Mark discovered her and used to be her agent. The ******** account is so the family can offer a reward for information, as well. Seems Mark was the main breadwinner, and he obviously is not working so his wife could use help, I'm sure. One interesting thing is that family members commenting on Facebook are saying "please come home" etc, as if they are leaning toward the belief he voluntarily left. Heartbreaking case and I really feel for his family!! 💟💟💟

Actress Viola Davis tweeted that Mark discovered her and used to be her agent. The ******** account is so the family can offer a reward for information, as well. Seems Mark was the main breadwinner, and he obviously is not working so his wife could use help, I'm sure. One interesting thing is that family members commenting on Facebook are saying "please come home" etc, as if they are leaning toward the belief he voluntarily left. Heartbreaking case and I really feel for his family!! 💟💟💟

I think that may be a case of everyone deciding to be positive but doesnt necessarily mean they've ruled out death. :(

I didn't know Daniel Sanjata was his client. Makes sense cause he used to be an SVU regular and its filmed in NYC. Yes burner phones are popular with cheating spouses and drug dealers.

What are your latest thoughts on this case @esldanmac?

So I have been living with this case and I wonder what the significance of the trip to Scotland has. Was he avoiding something by going away? Was he thinking this would be his last trip with his family? I don't like to speculate too much but sometimes I can't help myself...

So I have been living with this case and I wonder what the significance of the trip to Scotland has. Was he avoiding something by going away? Was he thinking this would be his last trip with his family? I don't like to speculate too much but sometimes I can't help myself...

I've been following this case from the start and I don't think the trip was an avoidance. I think it was a planned anniversary trip. It was just him and his wife and Edinburgh is a very popular destination for theatre industry folks in August because of the theatre festival.

However...maybe he planned it as a last hurrah. He's not one to change Facebook profile and cover pics yet he did change BOTH the day of his disappearance.

I am leaning toward the last hurrah theory. But why walk away? He seens to have a great life with lots of people who love him. <modsnip>

His house is much more modest than you think. While talent agents earn a decent living it isn't salaried it's commission only and you'd be surprised how expensive PIs can be

I assume you mean specifically marks position was commissioned because that Ian not true for all talent agents in the city.

I can't seem to find a link for the agency he works for which surprised me. Has anyone come across the website for the company he works for?

It "feels" to me like a trip to try to rekindle, reconnect, make it work, but something just didn't change enough. So, an escape to a girlfriend (or boyfriend- anythings possible) was made. Wife would know that talks were had about just not feeling the same anymore.

I don't have any reason to believe any of this. I don't want family to say people are making crazy accusations. No accusations. Sometimes, I just like to put out things that jump from my gut. Just as an option to explore. I hope that's the case cause that would mean he's ok.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hopefully this is allowed, please delete if violates TOS. This is all I have been able to find.

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Mark-Schlegel/745719326

Seems like they are a two man show. I was under the impression he was an agent at a huge company. Not that it matters really.

I feel like something happened on their vacation that caused him to leave. I agree maybe they took the trip to rekindle but didn't succeed.

But if he is a partner at a two man company, another part of me thinks maybe business wasn't so great or the company was in financial trouble. Owning/being a partner in a business can be super stressful, and having a business partner doesn't always make things easier.

Ok that makes much more sense that his friends and colleagues would do this. I agree that everyone loves him and I truly hope for a good outcome for him. Its been a while for a walkaway to not be found. They usually pop up within a week. A PI would be a good investment the good ones are bulldogs and will do what cops won't.

Maybe he doesn't want to be found. Siccing a PI after him may cause him to do something that he wouldn't do if just left alone, like hurt himself. Not sure I agree that it's a "good investment" at this point.

I assume you mean specifically marks position was commissioned because that Ian not true for all talent agents in the city.

I can't seem to find a link for the agency he works for which surprised me. Has anyone come across the website for the company he works for?

They are a boutique agency in NYC -very well respected. I am in the industry. Most agents work off commission. Even if they have a modest salary the bulk of their income is commission.

If he left in a rush it was not necessarily a planned disappearance. Maybe he left to bring whatever was in that gift bag to someone and something went wrong?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back