NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone been able to get to the Square One website? I looked at it on Wednesday and now it won’t come up...

Also on Manta/Corporation Wiki I found Jay- Martin Consulting and Jay Martin Systems with PC are CEO/ Key Contact.

JMO

Here is Square One found in web archives by Mica. I never could get the actual website to open.

About Square One

NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire - Monmouth County >> Colt's Neck - Tuesday, 20 Nov 2018

Jay-Martin is the first company Keith founded, as a teen, I believe. The name is his and his brother’s middle names. Source, somewhere in an article posted already.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/24/family-of-accused-colts-neck-arsonist-thinks-hes-a-hero/

This is the last part of the article. The last paragraph is quite interesting IMO.

“Neighbors said Paul owned several Porsches. Keith had a temper, a neighbor claimed.

“I can make all your animals disappear,” an organic farmer who lives next door alleged Keith threatened five years ago, after a dispute over a barking dog.”

Wow. JMO

The one thing about evidence in this case, at this point anyway, is the weapon. Where is it? I feel sure the gun which was used to kill KC is probably in the stomach of some shark out in the Atlantic Ocean by now, but it would be great if it could be found & traced back to PC, but that's a pipe dream on my part. Maybe other spent ammo could be found on his property -- target shooting, etc., or at least a gun permit for that weapon or however that works -- I have no idea about weaponry, etc.

Because his fingerprints will be in that burned-damaged house, finding those would not be a biggie, IMO, unless they were found in weird & inappropriate places (and where would that be?? :confused: ) -- but maybe the paint cans could help, etc. Fire investigators are pretty thorough and smart these days -- I think a lot of crooks, arsonists, etc., underestimate LE's resources and methodology. Hoping so, at least.

Finding his DNA under the fingernails of any of the females, or on their necks would be very incriminating. Also if they were to find his fingerprint on their neck or something. Other than that, it'd have to be in Keith's blood to be conclusive proof.

Well, no weapon does undermine setting up a suicide scene, though maybe Paul neglected to leave it there.

But, yes, I do agree the stronger theory is Paul setting it up to look like they both were targets but lucky Paul escaped unharmed except for a small fire (that wiped out his family's ability to brush their teeth).

And I totally think this was motivated by money - dirty money, stolen money, missing money, something about money.

jmo

Or it didn't go as planned. Maybe he's been watching the Watts case and strangled all the females successfully... planning to shoot Keith once in the head. Then maybe Keith woke up and ran, necessitating the shot to the back as well. It could have been the plan that just didn't turn out like he hoped.

Or it didn't go as planned. Maybe he's been watching the Watts case and strangled all the females successfully... planning to shoot Keith once in the head. Then maybe Keith woke up and ran, necessitating the shot to the back as well. It could have been the plan that just didn't turn out like he hoped.
IIRC, Keith's wife and children were stabbed. Am I mis-remembering?

jmo

IIRC, Keith's wife and children were stabbed. Am I mis-remembering

I have not read anywhere that stabbing is the official cause of death for the three family members found inside the Colts Neck property; in fact, I haven't found any articles that state an official cause of death for anyone other than Keith. (I have read articles and heard news reports stating they were stabbed, but I don't think its official). Others?

The stabbing information was stated here, as per "LE sources"

" Keith was found outside the house, shot in the head and back, while his wife and two kids were found inside and appear to have been stabbed, law enforcement sources told NBC 4. Jesse and Sophia were stabbed and killed in separate rooms, sources say, apparently still asleep. Their $2 million home was set on fire just after noon."

whether official or not, I don't know either

'Heinous': Parents, Children Killed; NJ Mansion Torched

I have not read anywhere that stabbing is the official cause of death for the three family members found inside the Colts Neck property; in fact, I haven't found any articles that state an official cause of death for anyone other than Keith. (I have read articles and heard news reports stating they were stabbed, but I don't think its official). Others?
It's been reported that Keith's wife and children were stabbed, but their cause of death has not been confirmed yet. Are you thinking they were left alive before the fire??

"The killer shot Keith Caneiro and stabbed Caneiro's wife, Jennifer, and their two young children before setting the family's mansion on fire, an official briefed on the case told ABC News." Wealthy family 'targeted' and killed before mansion fire: Prosecutor

jmo

t's been reported that Keith's wife and children were stabbed, but their cause of death has not been confirmed yet. Are you thinking they were left alive before the fire??

No, just that the "reported" cause of death is not official/not confirmed. I tend to not rely on "reported to" remarks that are made early on.

What I'm really very interested in here is the timeline.

No, just that the "reported" cause of death is not official/not confirmed. I tend to not rely on "reported to" remarks that are made early on.

What I'm really very interested in here is the timeline.
I hear ya. I don't recall anyone stating here the COD was stabbing, but are discussing that three victims were stabbed, according to MSM articles (which I understand are not "official").

We'll know the official COD soon enough.

jmo

In the case of stabbing, then again any prints in blood would be the most incriminating. Also, any injuries to the suspects hands. We all know that you don't stab 3 people without the knife slipping as a general rule. Unless you have some pretty heavy duty gloves on.

So...reports state that PC was at his home at/around 5:00 a.m. Tuesday morning and then in police custody all day and officials gave him the news about his brother and family (https://nypost.com/2018/11/24/family-of-accused-colts-neck-arsonist-thinks-hes-a-hero/)

5:01 a.m. or 5:20 a.m.*Tuesday morning, 11/20: Two fires are started at PCs home at 27 Tilton Drive in Ocean Twp. One fire was started in the rear of the home, and a second, smaller one was started at the attached garage door. SC was sleeping upstairs at the time of the fire, and his two daughters were in the home, as well. But all four family members, PC included, met firefighters outside the home when they got there and were uninjured.

??:??a.m. Tuesday morning, 11/20: Jessie and Sophia not at bus stop (anyone have an idea of this time?)

*** PC at police station entire morning

12:30p.m. Tuesday, 11/20: Neighbors noticed smoke at Colts Neck property, hear explosion.
12:38p.m. Tuesday, 11/20: landscaper calls in fire at Colts Neck property

The timeline/info suggests that if PC committed the murders, he did so before 5am. It is quite a bit of time later when the neighbor sees smoke/hears an explosion at the Colts Neck house, but I suppose PC could have set a small fire knowing it would slowly grow over the course of a few hours (any fire experts out there? I surely don't know) and/or had a device that would detonate at a specified time?

All that said... I can't help thinking/wondering if PC knew that both families were targeted (owed money to someone maybe?) and that Monday was "D-Day." Perhaps the arson at PC's house was a deflection ~ but not from the murders at the Colts Neck house, but rather one to save his family from being murdered?

Will be interesting to see how this all unfolds... it's difficult to imagine an array of scenarios.

A timeline of the mysterious house fires and killings involving a New Jersey family - NY Daily News

I googled "Square One" and then went down and selected "Square One, Asbury Park NJ." Besides finding references to the fire, etc., etc., there was a panel on the right side of the google page showing, "Square One," and some info, and then it says,"Permanently Closed" in the panel.
When I clicked to "go to" the business on the panel, I never got to the site. It just sat there, no action, and then it timed out. So, it's weird. Now I can't find anything to copy or show. Dunno. Odd.

Last edited:
IMO, this is a clear and "new jersey" mob hit.

"Honecker said he was not aware of what kind of work the brothers did, or who they worked for.

"That's a very good question. That's a question the prosecutors should be looking at," he said.

Brother's Lawyer In Colts Neck Murders: 'He's Devastated'

so the lawyer who represents his client has no idea who his client works for? c'mon. DUH. this reminds me of the mcstay's all over again...sigh...

https://nypost.com/2018/11/24/family-of-accused-colts-neck-arsonist-thinks-hes-a-hero/

This is the last part of the article. The last paragraph is quite interesting IMO.

“Neighbors said Paul owned several Porsches. Keith had a temper, a neighbor claimed.

“I can make all your animals disappear,” an organic farmer who lives next door alleged Keith threatened five years ago, after a dispute over a barking dog.”

Wow. JMO

Hmmmmm...Keith had a temper...not good at all.

Revisiting a report of an assault charge against Keith in 2004. Wonder if it was another neighbor. There was a no contact order.

NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire - Monmouth County >> Colt's Neck - Tuesday, 20 Nov 2018

Finding his DNA under the fingernails of any of the females, or on their necks would be very incriminating. Also if they were to find his fingerprint on their neck or something. Other than that, it'd have to be in Keith's blood to be conclusive proof.

In the case of stabbing, then again any prints in blood would be the most incriminating. Also, any injuries to the suspects hands. We all know that you don't stab 3 people without the knife slipping as a general rule. Unless you have some pretty heavy duty gloves on.

Sorry to write this but iirc the three bodies inside the house were reported to be badly damaged by the fire? In which case there was probably nothing left to hold fingerprints or dna of him.

But I agree that he might have had wounds on his hands from the knife slipping. I hope so anyway.

Keith and his entire family massacred, and their home also torched. Fire destroys evidence. Wipe out Keith and all of his heirs, who's next in line to inherit?

Brother Paul locked up after he allegedly torches his own house (leaves gas cans behind).

Paul's house fire a smokescreen?

Always follow the money. My bet is on greed.

MOO

I know we had heard that Paul was at the PD all day, however we also heard from the neighbor who said Paul left his house with his wife about noon.

So I'm wondering if Paul was at the PD for a few hours, then left to return home to retrieve a few things. Then left as the neighbor reports about noon. Then of course ended up back at the PD after Keith's house burned.

The timeline is certainly murky. However, it would put a very reasonable doubt on Paul if he was actual at the PD or with his wife from 5am - discovery of the bodies. Unless they do find some sort of delayed ignition I don't see how he could have started the fire.

The problem with that theory is that there was apparently no weapon found to indicate suicide. It wasn’t set up that way, and police quickly ruled out that possibility.

My guess is that it was a setup to look like both families were targeted by the same person.

I think we’re going to find that Paul had severe financial problems, and was trying to coverup that he had embezzled money or something.
bbm
Yes -- the news report, assuming it was accurate, <choke> said there was a shot to his head and to his back, which indicated to LE that it was not a suicide. We will probably find out more about where in fact those shots were if they were not as originally reported.
Like many of us, I think this crime has money problems all over it, as you stated. I do think it was premeditated, but the planning and/or staging of it was poorly done. But if this thing isn't solved, I may have to eat these words.

We'll just, as usual, have to wait & see. Four people are dead now because of this "whatever-it-is," and the families of those who died and the People of the State of New Jersey deserve justice.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaJean
Back