NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If there’s video surveillance showing PC committing the crimes I think some people still won’t believe it. JMO
It sounds like there was a extremely elaborate security system in The victims home according to a report in the following article.

Using his technical expertise, Paul wired up his home with an arsenal of surveillance equipment.

“His house is loaded with surveillance cameras,” a neighbor told The Post last week. “He also has infrared on both floors, scanning the whole house. He’s nuts with technology, everything over the top.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...killed-family-in-colts-neck-mansion-fire/amp/

. So I can understand her [White Rabbit] having a strong opinion about Merritt after all her research. But I really want to understand the basis for her opinion about PC. She mentioned the mob in an early post, and both posts sent me down a google rabbit hole into the NJ mob last night. :eek::D

I have considered that the worst possible revenge is for someone (yes, I mean "organized crime" on some level) to murder those you truly, truly love. It would be the worst possible hell if someone murdered my brother and his wife and children murdered for my short-comings (meaning financial debt or whatever...one can only imagine...my brain goes to gambling and drug debt, etc.)--- AND then have it set up that all the evidence points at me. I may read too many revenge dramas and have heard too many mob stories from a PI I knew back a few years. And then again, with all due respect... corruption at all levels... ??

All that said, I think PC is responsible; I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea he did it all on his own. That doesn't mean I can't/won't be convinced. Just considering other scenarios and throwing ideas out there.

Rest in peace, caneiro family. for what it's worth i drove by their house two weeks ago.

i'm new jersey, born and bred. i know the mob. as a matter of fact one of my dear friends is serving a 10 year sentence for RICO.

that said, i don't know PC. and no, the italian mafia does not in any way target kids. the russian/eastern european mafia does. and this crime reeks of it.

the caneiro family was as the prosecutor says was a target. PC did not kill this family and if his fingerprints are found, my gut says they were planted. he did not commit this crime.

i'll post more tomorrow when my asbury park press subscription is valid (eye roll)...

[bbm]

and if there is video of him at or leaving the crime scene at the pertinent time? or video of him setting the fire at his brother's house?

The evidence has to be very damning if even the defense attorneys want all of it to remain sealed.
Yes. His attorney referenced the media in this news article.

“Paul Caniero does not intend to try this case in the media and we respect the decision of the Monmouth County Prosecuter’s office to do the same”, his lawyer added, in a jab to the many press conferences the county prosecutor has held on this matter.

“Paul Caniero is an innocent man who stands wrongfully accused by the State of New Jersey. Paul’s expectations are when this case is over he will be completely vindicated and the truth will come out.”
Motive Was Financial In Colts Neck Murders, Prosecutor Says

folks, re-read the past 20 or so posts. who arms themselves with an arsenal of self-surveillance equipment and ASKS the prosecutor to stay in jail???

i still can't get all the asbury park press articles i want to quote. but those of you who can, keep up on the case. wife and adult daughters have yet to see dad. why? for their own safety. IMO. they're now the targets that weren't annihilated to begin with. of course the attorney's office isn't going to comment...

i totally agree this is NOT the work of the italian mafia. i've said it before, i'll say it again...the mob (as most envision) does not target children. the eastern european mob, however, absolutely does not discriminate and will kill, at will, anyone and everyone in their way. regardless of age, class or creed. JMO...

[bbm]

and if there is video of him at or leaving the crime scene at the pertinent time? or video of him setting the fire at his brother's house?

Crooked arms reach far in this neck of the woods. PC wouldn't be asking to stay in jail if he wasn't either framed or set up & caught on tape for this crime. And if he was, i'll bet the ponies someone who will never be named set up the cameras...

folks, re-read the past 20 or so posts. who arms themselves with an arsenal of self-surveillance equipment and ASKS the prosecutor to stay in jail???

i still can't get all the asbury park press articles i want to quote. but those of you who can, keep up on the case. wife and adult daughters have yet to see dad. why? for their own safety. IMO. they're now the targets that weren't annihilated to begin with. of course the attorney's office isn't going to comment...

i totally agree this is NOT the work of the italian mafia. i've said it before, i'll say it again...the mob (as most envision) does not target children. the eastern european mob, however, absolutely does not discriminate and will kill, at will, anyone and everyone in their way. regardless of age, class or creed. JMO...

In this scenario, do you believe LE is on "his side?"

Crooked arms reach far in this neck of the woods. PC wouldn't be asking to stay in jail if he wasn't either framed or set up & caught on tape for this crime. And if he was, i'll bet the ponies someone who will never be named set up the cameras...

So if he was caught on tape, are you thinking he was told to commit this crime and take the fall, or his own family would be killed? If so, he must have been in some pretty deep doo doo with these people. Was he financing his extravagant lifestyle by doing “side jobs” for them, I wonder.

While in some ways your theory makes more sense than a formerly loving brother killing an entire family, we have seen people one would never suspect (Chris Watts) kill their own wife and daughters. So I’m still not ruling out PC doing this for his own reasons, just yet.

I grew up in the town next to colts neck with a huge Russian population... I’m not a stranger to Russian organized crime... and I respectfully think you’re way off base. JMO

Also if you’re having problems accessing APP bc you’ve used up all your free articles, then open an incognito browser and you can access that way. Or just clear your cookies and history.

Caneiro, who is charged with killing his brother and his brother’s family last month at their Colts Neck estate, most likely won’t go to trial until 2020, the Monmouth County prosecutor said Tuesday.

“Unfortunately, the wheels of justice do grind slow,” Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said during an interview on NJ101.5.

Gramiccioni did not offer any additional details on his office’s investigation of Paul Caneiro.

Gramiccioni did, however, outline the timeline of the court case.

Caneiro’s attorneys maintain their client is innocent and loves his family.

Last week, Caneiro waved his right to a detention hearing and will remain in the Monmouth County jail pending the outcome of his case.

In 2017, New Jersey scrapped its cash bail system and replaced it with a system that not only dropped monetary bail but also places deadlines on certain steps of a criminal case.

Caneiro’s case will now be presented to a grand jury, which is tasked with determining if there’s enough probable cause to return an indictment. An indictment, a formal document containing the defendant’s charges, has to be returned within 90 days.

Once the indictment is handed down, the case gets assigned to a criminal judge in Monmouth County Superior Court. It has to go to trial within 270 days.

That’s in a perfect world,” Gramiccioni said.

However, as the prosecutor noted in his interview, there are other pre-trial motions that can extend the timeline. For example, if the defense wants to challenge a piece of the state’s evidence or a witness report, a hearing is held and a judge will issue a ruling.

Court guidelines also require the state and defense attorneys to have discussion on possible plea deals. If the two sides agree to a plea deal, that could put an end to the case prior to the 270-day limit.

In his interview, Gramiccioni also commended his team of detectives, along with the state and federal partners, for their work on the case.

“I told my folks and the team that was on this that this was their finest hour,” he said. “You can never truly prepare for something like this. … Those guys and girls are professionals. It’s difficult and I’m very proud of our team.”

Accused Colts Neck killer won’t go to trial until 2020, prosecutor says

Last edited:
Colts Neck murders: Killings added to grisly list of family slayings

COLTS NECK - The Nov. 20 slayings of Keith Caneiro, his wife Jennifer and children Jesse and Sophia have been added to a growing list of prominent mass murders where families have been nearly eradicated at the hands of murderers.

Colts Neck murders: Killings added to grisly list of family slayings

Caneiro, who is charged with killing his brother and his brother’s family last month at their Colts Neck estate, most likely won’t go to trial until 2020, the Monmouth County prosecutor said Tuesday.

“Unfortunately, the wheels of justice do grind slow,” Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said during an interview on NJ101.5.

Gramiccioni did not offer any additional details on his office’s investigation of Paul Caneiro.

Gramiccioni did, however, outline the timeline of the court case.

Caneiro’s attorneys maintain their client is innocent and loves his family.

Last week, Caneiro waved his right to a detention hearing and will remain in the Monmouth County jail pending the outcome of his case.

In 2017, New Jersey scrapped its cash bail system and replaced it with a system that not only dropped monetary bail but also places deadlines on certain steps of a criminal case.

Caneiro’s case will now be presented to a grand jury, which is tasked with determining if there’s enough probable cause to return an indictment. An indictment, a formal document containing the defendant’s charges, has to be returned within 90 days.

Once the indictment is handed down, the case gets assigned to a criminal judge in Monmouth County Superior Court. It has to go to trial within 270 days.

That’s in a perfect world,” Gramiccioni said.

However, as the prosecutor noted in his interview, there are other pre-trial motions that can extend the timeline. For example, if the defense wants to challenge a piece of the state’s evidence or a witness report, a hearing is held and a judge will issue a ruling.

Court guidelines also require the state and defense attorneys to have discussion on possible plea deals. If the two sides agree to a plea deal, that could put an end to the case prior to the 270-day limit.

In his interview, Gramiccioni also commended his team of detectives, along with the state and federal partners, for their work on the case.

“I told my folks and the team that was on this that this was their finest hour,” he said. “You can never truly prepare for something like this. … Those guys and girls are professionals. It’s difficult and I’m very proud of our team.”

I’m not surprised about the 2020 trial estimate. So many trials I’ve followed have taken two years or more to get going. I’m glad the prosecutor made that clear. But calling professional women “girls”? :eek: Sigh. I’m sure he meant it as a sign of affection for the “guys and girls” but it bugs me just the same. I won’t hold it against him though. He’s done a good job. :)

I do not believe any child is a target of any mob in the least. I would like to venture to ask where there is information, that the Italian Mafia does not kill children.

Italian Mafia

...the reality of the modern Mafia differs from the “code of honour” myth popularised in The Godfather and other movies where women and children were spared.

Domenico Petruzelli the blue-eyed three-year-old didn’t know his mum Carla Fornari and her partner Cosimo Orlando were mixed up in the Mafia.

Domenico is the latest of 80 children killed in Mafia hits.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...n-murdered-mafia-italian-mobsters-3402712.amp

In January this year the remains of another toddler, Nicola Campolongo, were found in a burnt-out car in the neighbouring region of Calabria, along with his grandfather and another man.

....leading Mafia writer, Corrado De Rosa, said that, that killing, and this week’s murder of Domenico, were merely the “umpteenth demonstration of the fact that a Mafia code of honour does not exist”.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...ear-old-is-brutally-murdered-9208753.html?amp

The Grotesquely False Myth That The Mafia Doesn’t Kill Children
The Grotesquely False Myth That The Mafia Doesn’t Kill Children

Yes. His attorney referenced the media in this news article.

“Paul Caniero does not intend to try this case in the media and we respect the decision of the Monmouth County Prosecuter’s office to do the same”, his lawyer added, in a jab to the many press conferences the county prosecutor has held on this matter.

“Paul Caniero is an innocent man who stands wrongfully accused by the State of New Jersey. Paul’s expectations are when this case is over he will be completely vindicated and the truth will come out.”
Motive Was Financial In Colts Neck Murders, Prosecutor Says

Reminds me of Mark Geragos saying Scott Peterson was stone cold innocent. Lol

Of course he's not going to try this case in the media. Everything he said is nothing but lawyer spin.

Imo. What he really means he doesnt want the facts known against Paul to be made public.

I do agree with the prosecutor who stated if the facts were public it would prejudice Paul from getting a fair trial.

And as far as wanting Paul to remain in jail is another spin. I looked up who is likely to get bonded out and which defendants who will not. There is no way the judge would allow Paul out walking around free when charged with quadruple murders plus including felony arson charges.

Since he supposedly is wealthier than most defendants he could be a flight risks as well.

So I am not drinking the koolaid the defense is trying to sell.

Imo Paul isnt innocent either being framed by the mob.

All the evidence points to him and only him as being involved. That's why HE has been charged.

Too bad NJ doesn't have the death penalty.

sanz and bears10, you're proving my point even further.

i'll suffice it to say that the mob is responsible for this crime. doesn't matter much at this point of what ethnic origin.

say your family is threatened (by whom/where/when/doesn't matter)...what quicker way to get first responders to your home than to set it on fire. you can't call 911 and say someone's having a heart attack, when they aren't. IMO, PC set fire to the dining room (usually the furthest from the garage and the living/sleeping areas) and the corner of the garage, so that "someone" saw. if you were mob, would you approach a home that was already surrounded by fire/police/ambulance?

and at precisely 5:00am? still dark, and knowing you can get your wife/kids out...

if you were PC would you stay on-scene then drive yourself directly to the ocean township PD if you weren't afraid of someone?

(trying to ignite healthy debate, not snark) ;)

So if he was caught on tape, are you thinking he was told to commit this crime and take the fall, or his own family would be killed? If so, he must have been in some pretty deep doo doo with these people. Was he financing his extravagant lifestyle by doing “side jobs” for them, I wonder.

While in some ways your theory makes more sense than a formerly loving brother killing an entire family, we have seen people one would never suspect (Chris Watts) kill their own wife and daughters. So I’m still not ruling out PC doing this for his own reasons, just yet.

good post, and i don't disagree. i don't think he was "caught on tape" though as both the defense and prosecution want all discovery sealed.

and if he was truly "caught on tape", IMO he was forced to do it. remember, they were in business together. whatever entity is involved obviously targeted both families, yet only one family is deceased. hence the self-set fires.

now, let's talk "extravagant lifestyle"...i don't believe PC was leading that life. 99% of americans live paycheck to paycheck, beyond their means. yes he bought his daughters luxury cars but living in ocean township vs colts neck is WAY different. JMO but they ran shell companies, together, and the money they made was laundered with a whole lot of "bounce" fabric sheets...

go back to page 4 on this thread to the links on the wayback machine. every testimonial on the square one website was fraudulent. half these people only exist on paper. and have companies that don't exist.

anyone can list "citibank" or "fidelity" as a customer on their website. doesn't mean it's so...kwim?

more delay tactics...and to be fair, the defense is not arguing the right to a fair and speedy trial. neither is the prosecution.

Gramiccioni did not offer any additional details on his office’s investigation of Paul Caneiro, 51, of Ocean Township.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaJean
Back