Found Deceased NJ - Nicholas Pratico, 18, West Windsor, 19 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is how all of our ID photos look in NJ ever since they switched to facial recognition software at the MVC.

I didn't want to say it before because I know ID photos aren't exactly Glamour Shots, but it's in the eyes.

Eh, I don't think so. Looks like nearly nj drivers license I've seen, including my own.

I had 3 of my NJ friends text me photos of their drivers license and they most certainly don’t look the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so sad and probably thought it was the only way out.Don't know what to think anymore.It seems like there have been so many suicides at this age group.I hate the stigma that surrounds depression.

Eh, I don't think so. Looks like nearly nj drivers license I've seen, including my own.

It's not worth arguing about, but I disagree, especially in light of what happened just a short time later. (I don't think that is his driver's license, I think it is his Mercer ID.)

It's not worth arguing about, but I disagree, especially in light of what happened just a short time later. (I don't think that is his driver's license, I think it is his Mercer ID.)

I agree with you. As I stated in a previous post, I’ve seen a few NJ DL’s and they don’t all look the same. Not at all.

Poor Nick :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep. crying. i am so sorry nicky felt this low and i wish he would've told someone

Unless they changed it in the past couple years, mercer ID have a diff color background.

This is how all of our ID photos look in NJ ever since they switched to facial recognition software at the MVC.

Yes, we are not allowed to smile anymore. So we all look sad and/miserable.

Investigators now believe Pratico left Mercer County Community College on his first day of class Sept. 20, walked across the street to a wooded area and took his own life.

Search dogs were investigating the area around the college Monday morning and led police to Pratico's body on a private stretch of land across from the college's main entrance in West Windsor.

The area where Pratico was found appears to have been obscured by corn stalks that were cut down a week ago.

The search on Monday was the third time authorities had enlisted the assistance of police dogs. The first was on Sept. 23, days after he went missing and included areas that surrounded the college. At the time of the Sept. 23 search, Stevens said the area where Pratico was later found was "overgrown with corn" and authorities did not go deep into the wooded area where the body was recovered.

Volunteers also organized multiple searches in the weeks since Pratico went missing. It is unclear if the area across from the college was part of those searches.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2017/10/college_teens_body_found_during_k-9_search.html

Age old story that never stops being sad. Beautiful, gifted young man from a very religious family, he was most likely gay and envisioned a much different life for himself than his parents did. He fell into a deep depression, not wanting to disappoint his family and wrestling with his own guilt and confusion. I wish Nick could have understood it was all only temporary but it's so hard at his age and emotions can overtake rational thought. It's incredibly sad for him and his family.

My husbands brother, a youth pastor, was devastated when his oldest son came out. He tried to get the whole family together to stage an intervention. 15 years later he has accepted his son and loves his husband. They're a successful couple, one in business and the other a professional dancer and stage actor.. Now my BIL couldn't be prouder. It was a difficult time for the family but it had a happy ending. Unfortunately, my nephew's husbands father has disowned him and I know it's hurtful, but he has a huge support network of people who do love him for who he is, me included.

I'm so, so sorry Nick felt this was the only way out.

Investigators now believe Pratico left Mercer County Community College on his first day of class Sept. 20, walked across the street to a wooded area and took his own life.

Search dogs were investigating the area around the college Monday morning and led police to Pratico's body on a private stretch of land across from the college's main entrance in West Windsor.

The area where Pratico was found appears to have been obscured by corn stalks that were cut down a week ago.

The search on Monday was the third time authorities had enlisted the assistance of police dogs. The first was on Sept. 23, days after he went missing and included areas that surrounded the college. At the time of the Sept. 23 search, Stevens said the area where Pratico was later found was "overgrown with corn" and authorities did not go deep into the wooded area where the body was recovered.

Volunteers also organized multiple searches in the weeks since Pratico went missing. It is unclear if the area across from the college was part of those searches.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2017/10/college_teens_body_found_during_k-9_search.html
Just to clarify, where he was found was NOT actually in Mercer County Park. It was a private land across the road from both MCCC and MCP. I think that's likely why it wasn't searched as extensively, especially by family & friends who would not be allowed to just freely come and go on private property.

Just to clarify, where he was found was NOT actually in Mercer County Park. It was a private land across the road from both MCCC and MCP. I think that's likely why it wasn't searched as extensively, especially by family & friends who would not be allowed to just freely come and go on private property.

I'm just trying to picture which property. Where all the corn fields were cut down last week is a pretty open area. There is just a few small spots within walking distance from the college and park across the street that have a wooded patch. So sad.

It's definitely his Mercer ID. Google Image him - the id pops up and you can clearly see what it says.

So sad. Nick whatever was going on that caused you to end your life i hope you are at peace now, and your soul is healed or is healing.

I now what it's like to lose a friend to suicide to this day (15yrs this past May) i still have never understood why. I never understood why he couldn't tell me what was going on. I know i could have helped him to not make that decision, and he would be here today. I miss him sooo much, just like i know your friends/family miss you.

I hope when i am reunited with him on the other side i can finally get the answers i need, and when you are reunited with your friends/family they can get their answers and be at peace.

It's definitely his Mercer ID. Google Image him - the id pops up and you can clearly see what it says.

The shirt he is wearing in his college ID photo matches the one he is wearing in the security camera images from "moments before he disappeared." The photo was most likely taken the same day as he attended the freshman orientation. He almost looks like a different person than the photos on the posters. He had been suffering for some time, IMO.

Rest in Peace, kiddo ... :tears:

praticoID.jpg

nicholas-pratico-6dce9034a9841310.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member