Found Deceased NJ - Nicholas Pratico, 18, West Windsor, 19 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had a similar reaction. I would expect a theater person to have a stronger online presence. One of these 2 profiles we uploaded 9/18--2 days before he disappeared. If this was the Hardy Boys, I'd say, "find the guy in the picture with him!" but real life rarely provides such obvious clues.

According to Google Maps, the distance between the Edinburgh Road entrance and the Boathouse at Mercer Lake is only 1.7 road miles: https://goo.gl/maps/XDJQEGvDTaU2

Also located just 2 miles southeast of MCCC campus is Miry Run, a tributary of the Delaware River called Assunpink Creek, which actually flows into Mercer Lake upstream: https://goo.gl/maps/ogA1vZbvBgT2
The walking distance between MCCC and the boathouse is actually much shorter (<1 mi) because you can walk straight through from the college to the park instead of having to drive all the way out the gate to Edinburg Rd and then back into the park.

It looks like Miry Run is some kind of farming irrigation thing that was directed out of Assunpunk Creek or the canal that runs next to it by Rte 1.

Teenagers aren't that active on FB. He has a healthy Instagram and I bet he was on Snapchat too. (Haven't looked)

Haven’t heard from parents or brother, I think maybe he had an argument with Dad before he disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been reading the threads on fb page. One comment says another girl from Hamilton is also missing and they said her name. Ginnie horan. I have searched for her. It found nothing about a person named this missing. I was wondering if it was one of his friends?

Teenagers aren't that active on FB. He has a healthy Instagram and I bet he was on Snapchat too. (Haven't looked)

I agree. 12 and 16 year old daughters don’t have one at all. Though I suspect you might find a random one out there from when my older daughter was 12 or 13–with her farm in badly need of tending too since she hasn’t used the account in years LOL.

Even though he's young, I would check to see if he had any "dating" site apps -- Tinder, Grindr, etc. Did he go to NYC to meet up with anyone?

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2017/09/family_of_missing_college_student_pleads_for_his_r.html

Apologies if this one was posted earlier but posting for reference. This seems strange: why would he enroll at MCCC now if he had a scholarship to the dramatic arts school in NYC beginning January? Were his parents forbidding him to go to the NYC school to pursue drama?

Also, the comments from the Priest about how NP could be impulsive do not jive with the rest of the characterization of NP. I am fearing the worst if there has been no evidence of credit or debit card use or a known friend in NYC. Very troubling

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2017/09/family_of_missing_college_student_pleads_for_his_r.html

Apologies if this one was posted earlier but posting for reference. This seems strange: why would he enroll at MCCC now if he had a scholarship to the dramatic arts school in NYC beginning January? Were his parents forbidding him to go to the NYC school to pursue drama?

Also, the comments from the Priest about how NP could be impulsive do not jive with the rest of the characterization of NP. I am fearing the worst if there has been no evidence of credit or debit card use or a known friend in NYC. Very troubling

In this article: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ch-out-someone-family-missing-college-n809086
a friend of his explains his family wanted him to "get some education at home"...

Something is off, that reward statement is worded very strangely!

If you look at the bottom of the page, there is a reference to a NJ PI with a license number. My guess is that they have a guess as to what happened that they are not stating. If someone submits information on this page, the PI will have the information shared an an IP address.

I don't have a great feeling about how this will turn out, although I will be happen to be wrong. There have been other missing college students in NJ and other areas where there was a reason they weren't driving to school (and it wasn't that they had no license or could afford a car). I wish we had more details about his mental state so we could put my gut feelings to rest.

I only see this ending one way but I will be THRILLED to be wrong. As a fellow theater kid who grew up in the same county, I know I would have liked Nick.

I don't see foul play here. I do hope I'm right. He had a dream and his parents had different plans for him and as an 18 yo he decided he was going to do what he wanted. Also, seems he could be gay from an unaccepting family. That is an almost impossible situation for any kid to live in. Again, I hope I am right.

MOO

The terms of the reward are beyond strange. It's a laundry list of qualifiers to receive any money. I would think that more information might be collected (if a friend or witness knows something) by just simply stating that all tips would be appreciated and tipsters would remain anonymous. This almost seems as if they are after the people trying to help-and certainly don't intend on handing any money out.

The terms of the reward are beyond strange. It's a laundry list of qualifiers to receive any money. I would think that more information might be collected (if a friend or witness knows something) by just simply stating that all tips would be appreciated and tipsters would remain anonymous. This almost seems as if they are after the people trying to help-and certainly don't intend on handing any money out.

I have a feeling he left with someone they know and disapprove of, why won’t they give us any information?

This is not my message but I copied and pasted it from fb

The only details we have publicly known are what was said the first day...it's been a month and nothing has been publicly updated...it was said he had his phone with him but it was turned off at 10:00am, presumably because he was sitting for a placement test at Mercer.

During the course of this search, I have been contacted by various people close to the investigation. This is what I have gathered and feel confident about posting publicly, but this is not official timeline, it is the best that I have been able to put together.

The surveillance photos at the student welcome center are timestamped 3;07pm and that Nick was expecting his Dad to pick him up at 3:30pm after his placement test from earlier in the day ...his sister last heard from him around 3:45 when he responded to her message in regards to signing him up for a West Side Story audition. He was all for it. She messaged him that their father was on his way after that, and the messages were delivering but he was not responding. Nick said he would wait. Nick’s last reply message that Nick sent was "4ish", but i don't know what the message was...His dad arrived around 4pm and couldn’t find Nick. His dad contacted other family members in the area to come over to the school to help look for him. Then after 6:50ish, his phone registered as offline. The police rechecked the last location ping, and his phone was pinged a little before 4 near the solar panels on the campus.

Family showed up on the campus shortly after and searched for him until 12am. Between 4pm and 12am, his family looked for him, tried to get the MCCC security to help them search and check the cameras, and searched not only inside the building, but around the park and outer areas of campus as well. Police were also asked to help but they couldn't do anything because of his age and the protocol in general for missing persons. Police were notified immediately but he was not declared missing by officials until 10pm that night. Nicks parents went back to MCCC and the park around 2am to continue searching for him as well. No one went back home after realizing Nicky was not on the campus. The five days following Nicky being declared missing were spent sending out search parties all over the campus, the Marina/Lake, and MCCC park. My source told me they had over 200+ at each search.

The officials did not get involved until two days later after a search party member found his ID by the Old Trenton Road entrance. An police official came to collect the evidence without proper collection materials, so the evidence was tampered with and not handled with care. Members of the search party guarded his ID as well to make sure that no one would touch it to avoid any implications. Interestingly, the last location ping by the police was at 4pm near the solar panels, which is on the opposite side of the campus from where the ID was found.

Because Nicky is an 18 year old, the police were not taking his case seriously at first, but now they finally are starting to because it has been a month. Most of the heavy legwork has been done by his family and search parties, who spend two weeks constantly searching the areas. Dogs came to sense him, but they did not give clear results because the area already had people on to confuse the scent (classes for students and the Italian Festival).

The family understands that Nick is 18 and does not need to return home, but because it is way out of character, they just want to know that he is safe or if he is in a negative situation.

As somebody involved with theater Nick could easily disguise himself, he is used to putting on makeup so he could have put on a wig etc and nobody would have known that it was him. Maybe got a friend to take him to N.Y and is hanging out there because he didn’t want to go to the other college, possibly had issues with his family about that, does anyone know why he wasn’t driving his car that day, I wonder if he was being punished, 18 year olds can be difficult to deal with if they can’t get their own way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kels1221
Back