Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up in a rough neighborhood on the Southside of Chicago. I've seen childhood friends ravaged by drugs and I've heard - and witnessed - some awful things they've done to get drugs.

But murder? If you're going to rob her, rob her. Snatch the pawn-worthy stuff and go. That's drug addict 101 - to kill her, drive her car to the bridge, call in a partner for the disposal - that reeks of something more than just a heroin junkie hard up for a fix.

Seems like something more, to me. Even if caught inside the house by Sarah, a true dope fiend is going to cry/talk themselves out of it/run away/hide but NOT murder...not a friend, not like this. Jmo but these two "men" had more malicious intent than just getting some cash. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the fact that she was gay and therefore not sexually available to them had to have played a huge part in this. Elephant in the room.

Yeah, the fact that she was gay and therefore not sexually available to them had to have played a huge part in this. Elephant in the room.

I think the huge part is the thousands of dollars that was taken.

Apparently Stern had come into money through an inheritance. He apparently took thousands of dollars from her.

Has it come out, how they got her to withdraw the money? Wondering if they strong-armed her into it, or smooth-talked her into letting them borrow money - and killed her rather than follow through?

I don't see how he knew she'd have that level of cash on her - unless he orchestrated it to be at that precise time. And if he did...isn't that premeditated?

Has it come out, how they got her to withdraw the money? Wondering if they strong-armed her into it, or smooth-talked her into letting them borrow money - and killed her rather than follow through?

I don't see how he knew she'd have that level of cash on her - unless he orchestrated it to be at that precise time. And if he did...isn't that premeditated?

are we sure she withdrew it to give to them or them forcing her to withdraw it? Or did she just withdraw it for herself and he knew about it?

I was sooooo off!!! From the very beginning I had a strong feeling it was a police office. I live less than 10 minutes from the bridge and frequent it regularly.

My tip suggested it was an ex-cop who had been let go from the force after almost 20 years of misuse of power, suspensions and harassment on others. There were two bodies found (June 2005 & January 2006 in the water on West Concourse and Boston in Neptune City right over the bridge) during the time this said officer was suspended from the force. From my research nothing came of these two suspiscious deaths. A man named William Meehan also went missing out of Belmar in 2000 driving the same car as Sarahs heading over the bridge. Currently this ex-cop is not and has not been collecting a paycheck or pension for some time now. He has easy access to hundreds of acres of vacant land and storage units 15 minutes from the crime scene. My original thoughts were that he was involved in human trafficking and I had faith that we would find and bring Sarah home!

I am so sad to find that these sick *advertiser censored**s did this. I will continue to follow & may even go to the trial for those wondering if anyone may.

I have felt deeply connected to this case from the moment I heard there may have been a jumper. I knew immediately there was no jumper & no suicide and then as the story unfolded I knew there was something sketchy going on.

I don't think her sexuality had to have played a role in this. Had she been heterosexual and inherited money I feel like she still would have fallen victim. Just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Looking thru the guy's FBs yesterday, I got the feeling that at least one of them was gay. Can't remember which one now.

What a beautiful young woman -inside and out- gone too soon.

Those charged are complete losers; so thankful that they were caught.

Whenever we are about to go on vacation, etc., I always remind my tween and teenage children not to post any photos on SM until after we are back home. So sad to say, but you just never know who is going to take advantage of the fact that your home is empty. I suspect at least one of these monsters mistakenly thought that Sarah was still in FL, only to be surprised once inside the home.

No matter what, absolutely no fault lies with this beautiful soul. Rest In Peace, Sarah. I'm so sorry. My deepest condolences to her father and grandmother.

Where has this been reported in MSM? Link please.

[video=youtube;8t6FxFgmYHA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t6FxFgmYHA[/video]

"[Liam] knew she had withdrawn a large sum of money, reportedly in the thousands of dollars..."

The above youtube link was found here:

https://americansecuritytoday.com/missing-nj-teen-strangled-thrown-bridge-prosecutors-video/

"Prosecutors say some hoped she had simply run away after withdrawing a large amount of money from her bank account. ... he somehow knew about the cash withdrawal and came to Stern’s home to rob her."

Yikes, per the Daily Mail and LM's lawyer, the families of LM and SS were "close friends" even though LM and SS themselves are just described as "acquaintances." I wonder what LM had on PT that would have made him go along with the cover-up? Like, I know people who would do a lot for their friends, but help them cover up the murder of a friend that you otherwise weren't involved in at all?? (Especially since social media suggests PT and SS were actually friends.) I wonder if there's any chance that PT is the friend that ultimately gave LE the tip and/or recorded the phone call that got LM busted and LE just isn't going public with his cooperation at this point.

I also can't help but wonder what exactly went down. The fact that they're describing this as a home robbery gone wrong, the fact that LM had to call PT after SS was already dead to help him move her body/cover it up and the fact that the COD was strangulation (meaning LM didn't have a weapon -- risky move on his part if this was planned) suggest to me that the murder wasn't planned. How did LM think he would get the money? Did he know where SS would keep that amount of money and think that SS wouldn't be home? Did he plan to rob her but didn't plan on her recognizing him (maybe because he was wearing a mask or similar) but then she did?

this is gross:
News 12 New Jersey reported that McAtasney and Taylor were part of the search for Stern on Dec. 10.

How did they carry that guilt around? gives you an idea of their character.

:rose: RIP Sarah

I'm glad to read here that some of you here will be going to the hearings! Take good notes and please report back here!

:judge: JUSTICE FOR SARAH!!!

I wonder if PT is begging for a plea deal yet - I expect he'll get a deal to testify against LM. Assuming they don't find her in the new Shark River search, they'll want to build the most solid case they possibly can to prosecute for murder without her body. The defense is already playing the "maybe she's still alive" game.

McAtasney's attorney, Chuck Moriarty, said the fact that no body has been found is problematic in proving his client's guilt.
'It does create a problem, if they don't have a body, if she shows up in three weeks and says this is all part of a joke,' Moriarty said.

---

He said that his client's family and the Sterns were friends. That is how McAtasney and Stern knew each other.
'I know the families were close,' Moriarty said. 'The families were friends. If she is dead, it's a tragedy.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4186662/Man-killed-woman-body-thrown-bridge.html

Thank goodness that idiot dropped his phone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member