Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A reward for $5000 leading to an arrest was posted just a few days after Sarah disappeared, confirming as you stated, LE knew early on someone else was involved. I'm wondering if LM showed up to the search in case his phone was recovered as he could say he lost it that day. Although I have seen where it's not uncommon for murderers to take place in searches :(

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2016/12/reward_of_5000_offered_for_information_on_missing.html

And to see where they might be looking, what they know, etc. Or to just plain old get excitement from seeing what they created.

Were both the guys interviewed in that clip the two who've been arrested?

If so, I found it interesting that the second one said "she's pretty strong.... so hopefully we're going to find something today." I found myself thinking - maybe she put up a fight, and that is where the "she's pretty strong" comment came from.

Were both the guys interviewed in that clip the two who've been arrested?

If so, I found it interesting that the second one said "she's pretty strong.... so hopefully we're going to find something today." I found myself thinking - maybe she put up a fight, and that is where the "she's pretty strong" comment came from.
I found that wording very bothersome as well, literally made my hair stand on end.

WOW! Great find Gardenista. That seems to be the unedited version of the news 12 report from the first large search at the beginning. I never saw those interviews included and it's on my local news. Maybe they held it back at first? It does seem to be both of them on there. This is honestly the most morbid and disturbing thing I have ever seen. There has be some kind of sociopathic element to these men, this search took place about a week after she went missing and the act they put on is as brazen and egotistical as throwing Sarah over the bridge in plain sight.

Perps return to the scene to "help" frequently.....twisted for sure

Definitely creepy that they were part of the search. That said, if they were fairly close friends, it might have stood out more if they hadn't...

Definitely creepy that they were part of the search. That said, if they were fairly close friends, it might have stood out more if they hadn't...

Very good point. But the fact that both of them were interviewed on tv blows my mind. I just wonder if they asked or if the reporters randomly chose the two of them out of all the other family members and friends.

I might be reading too much into that video clip but he was wearing sunglasses. Maybe to help disguise his facial expressions during the search?
I can't imagine how Sarah's father feels right now. My heart breaks for him.

I might be reading too much into that video clip but he was wearing sunglasses. Maybe to help disguise his facial expressions during the search?
I can't imagine how Sarah's father feels right now. My heart breaks for him.

Good point about the sunglasses, I would have to agree with you there. People often wear sunglasses to hide the fact that they're crying, too. I'm sure that he was having some serious emotional issues about everything. It had to be quite the act to pretend to be worried about Sarah, even though he knew exactly where she was.

My heart is absolutely breaking for the father. To lose Sarah's mother three years ago, and now Sarah...UGH.

I did see what looks like LM in the video, is that PT just before him as well? I recall seeing that both had attended the search for Sarah. Just sickening.

Could be! Check out the video at about :17 and they seem to be standing close to each other.

I sent the clip to the police & prosecutor's office. They's probably seen it, but thought I should just in case they haven't.

Could be! Check out the video at about :17 and they seem to be standing close to each other.

I sent the clip to the police & prosecutor's office. They's probably seen it, but thought I should just in case they haven't.

Send it. Can never be too safe!

BBM

http://www.app.com/story/news/crime...arah-sterns-friends-charged-killing/97459416/

There's a videotape, obtained by the Press, where either McAtasney or his twin brother go on camera to speak of the search for Sarah.

“She’s pretty strong,” one of the McAtasney twins told the reporter that cold day in December, his face obscured in the video by a hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses. “So hopefully we’re gonna find something today."

So, it might have been his twin speaking per that video & article linked above

I wonder if the twin was the one who had the recorded convo with Liam, going with the twins know/share everything about each other logic. Pure speculation, but might make sense.

In my opinion.

Just wow. I really feel for Sarah's father. I am so sorry this has happened to his precious girl. Unfathomable.

BBM

http://www.app.com/story/news/crime...arah-sterns-friends-charged-killing/97459416/

So, it might have been his twin speaking per that video & article linked above

I wonder if the twin was the one who had the recorded convo with Liam, going with the twins know/share everything about each other logic. Pure speculation, but might make sense.

In my opinion.

Just wow. I really feel for Sarah's father. I am so sorry this has happened to his precious girl. Unfathomable.

Geez, MSM reading WS??!! :seeya:

101.5 radio just said it was a home invasion that went horribly wrong. Now they made it sound like Taylor was the driver, but he should have been charged with felony murder. They said Taylor threw her off the bridge.

My guess is Liam went there killed her. Then Taylor was called by Liam and drove her car and threw her off the bridge. And they left in Liam's car. That is why Taylor avoided felony murder, because he wasn't present when murder happened.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am sick to my stomach ...and they were "friends" of hers !! I thought something happened at the house and she was thrown off the bridge, but never, never thought it was by a friend. My prayers and condolences to the Stern family and prayers for the parents/family of these young guys.

To kill a 19 year old friend is unfathomably awful.

To kill the 19 year old daughter - and only child - of a man who just lost his wife a couple years ago, a man who you've known your whole life, and your family is friends with? That's beyond cruel. That's evil, personified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other crimes in the area should be checked as LM is a psychopath, imo.

Horrifying. Her friend killed her over an inheritance she got after the death of someone she loved. They are all only 19 years old! None of them will ever live again. For money? They destroyed their own families as well as Sarah's. For money.

Bad young men. Bad. Evil. Greedy. Stupid.

After years of lurking, I'm finally posting. This case brings back terrible memories. My stepbrother was murdered at 19 in a carjacking gone wrong (he fought back) by two other 19 year olds he went to school with. They are now rotting away in prison for life, but have never apologized or shown any remorse. I just cannot wrap my mind around how these things can happen. RIP Sarah, my heart breaks for your father.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's funny that it was mentioned about LM being a psychopath because I got the same exact vibe but didn't want to overreach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hobo1977