Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of lurking, I'm finally posting. This case brings back terrible memories. My stepbrother was murdered at 19 in a carjacking gone wrong (he fought back) by two other 19 year olds he went to school with. They are now rotting away in prison for life, but have never apologized or shown any remorse. I just cannot wrap my mind around how these things can happen. RIP Sarah, my heart breaks for your father.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goddamnitcc

Welcome to Websleuths!

So sad for you about your Brother, Glad you have joined us.

Just wondering if this thread should be moved to "Awaiting Trial", if there is one like this.... since this is still listed under the "Missing" forum.

:rose: RIP SARAH

First post here, but I've been following this disappearance from the beginning.

I am confused by the timeline and when Sarah was last seen. I believe there was a video from a neighbors surveillance camera, that showed Sarah getting in the car and leaving her home around 11:45 pm the night that her car was found on the bridge. Wasn't the abandoned car reported on the bridge around 2:45 am? So about a 3 hour timespan.

Did she return home? Is there no video of this? Is there no video of two people loading a third body into her car? I'm sure there is an explanation for this, but if she was seen leaving her house that late, and she was killed in her home, then she must have come back at some point. Why no video of that?

I think those details will come out at trial. ( If this goes to trial)
They'll lay out the events that unfolded and the times and then show the evidence they have to support that timeline.
Remember that police aren't going to put all their cards on the table for us to see. Like LM's phone being found at the scene. We didn't know that until the arrest had been made. If we had known that from the beginning, we likely all would've sleuthed LM from the start. They needed that recorded phone call to add to their collection of evidence.
So I believe a timeline of events will be laid out at trial and it will help shed some light on the questions all of us have .

It seems like we have a fair amount of Jersey folks following this thread so chances are that at least some of us will attend the trial and report back here with our findings.
For me, I'm more eager for the day when those boys reach our state prison system. The county jails here aren't bad at all but the prisons are a whole nother ballgame! These boys coming from upper middle class families in nice areas won't stand a chance bunking with the toughest of the tough from Newark and Jersey city.

Yes, I completely understand wanting to withhold information from the public. But if her leaving the house at 11:45 was not the last time she was seen, then they didn't just withhold info, they deceived the public.

That being said, I don't believe there is video of her returning home, or any other footage really, which is what really confuses me. It will all come out eventually, I know. I just lost sleep over it last night.

Thanks for the reply!

First post here, but I've been following this disappearance from the beginning.

I am confused by the timeline and when Sarah was last seen. I believe there was a video from a neighbors surveillance camera, that showed Sarah getting in the car and leaving her home around 11:45 pm the night that her car was found on the bridge. Wasn't the abandoned car reported on the bridge around 2:45 am? So about a 3 hour timespan.

Did she return home? Is there no video of this? Is there no video of two people loading a third body into her car? I'm sure there is an explanation for this, but if she was seen leaving her house that late, and she was killed in her home, then she must have come back at some point. Why no video of that?

what if they texted her and asked her to meet them somewhere? at the end of her street?

Prosecutors say that they have obtained a recorded conversation between McAtasney and another individual that implicates him in the crime.

McAtasney's has an attorney, Chuck Moriartyhttp://www.themoriartylawfirm.com/index.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-woman-body-thrown-bridge.html#ixzz4XjcquQam

I lived two towns over in SL until Sandy. Couple things: NJ LE doesn't mess around. And as you can see, NJ is LE-heavy. Every single town has their own force even if the town is only a few blocks in size. Then there are Monmouth County LE and also NJ State Police. Monmouth County Prosecutors Office is extraordinary. You will notice there are three (town) police depts involved: Neptune City, Neptune Township, Belmar. There is a broad range of $ in these towns. Neptune City is different than Neptune, and all border Asbury Park - more or less.

And as for the bridge, there are cameras at multiple points. Any activity would have been recorded. I also know the criminal defense attorney, Chuck M. He is the best at what he does but is also very very expensive. Somebody had bucks to hire him.

Nevertheless, these predators are done.

My question is why have they N it found the body? I don't think it would be dragged out to sea from there. Did they weight her down? Have they sent in divers?

Not sure of the rules here but if allowed I am curious to here more about the cop someone suspected and the decades old unsolved murders.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

State police said early Monday there would be no search effort but that they may send out boats and helicopters again later in the week.

However, shortly before noon on Monday, a marine unit had resumed patrolling the waters near where the Shark River meets the Atlantic Ocean on the border between Avon-by-the-Sea and Belmar.

http://www.app.com/story/news/crime...6/sarah-stern-search-on-hold-monday/97544600/

My question is why have they N it found the body? I don't think it would be dragged out to sea from there. Did they weight her down? Have they sent in divers?

Not sure of the rules here but if allowed I am curious to here more about the cop someone suspected and the decades old unsolved murders.

It happens. Look at the case of Julie and Robin Kerry. I'm 1991, both were pushed off a large bridge into the Mississippi river. Julie's body was found almost a month after. Robins body still has not been recovered. If the circomstances are right, a body can seemingly disappear in the water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

My thinking is that most ppl murdered are killed by a loved one or someone they know. Sad

The current is pretty strong especially at that location of the inlet.

My heart breaks for Sarah's father. In this clip, he stated that he feels a 3rd person or others may be involved and that these 2 misled from the very get go with their lies and deceit. He also noted that information seems to be coming more freely since their arrests. I pray he gets the truthful answers and they are able to find Sarah. Does anyone else think it's odd they would choose not one (but two) public parks to bury the safe deposit boxes? It just makes me wonder if throwing her off the bridge was just a ruse, knowing it would be near impossible to recover her and the search would not take place somewhere else. Hopefully cameras were able to confirm this is really what occurred. JMO

Sources involved in the investigation say two safe deposit boxes containing valuables taken from the Stern home were recovered. One was hidden in Sandy Hook, the other in Shark River Park.
Investigators have not said if the suspects confessed to the locations of the boxes, or if they learned of their locations through other means.

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/new-evidence-uncovered-in-sarah-stern-case-1.13066925

yep, so glad they have been caught. I'm not in favor of the death penalty, but I hope neither of them ever get to enjoy anything ever again.

So sad that this beautiful soul is gone... her father... may he find the strength to go on (and continue to tell everyone about how great Sarah was!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper