Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, did LM follow SS to the bank and was he somehow involved in getting her to make such a large withdrawal (possibly a loan)? Could they have driven there together and he have waited while she went in? BBM

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/02/preston_taylor_appears_in_court.html

I imagine that can be checked with the bank. He may have gone with her or went alone with a withdrawal slip. It will come out.

LE has his phone, so I'm sure there's plenty of evidence there.

I'm surprised they returned twice and no neighbors saw them. And where was the dog?
Le found his phone, I wonder if there was evidence inside the home. Signs of struggle?

Does anyone know what type of neighborhood they lived?

This is perplexing and I probably shouldn't try to make sense of it. But why would they have her clothes? Why wouldn't they have left them on her? Or burned the clothes if they were concerned about DNA? The more details that emerge, the more I question whether she was put in the river or somewhere else. JMO

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/02/preston_taylor_appears_in_court.html

It never ceases to amaze me how many times criminals will throw away, bury or hide key evidence when it could be burned into oblivion. My guess is that she was raped, and the clothing has DNA evidence on it.

Yep, I think you are definitely on to something. I was there this morning to work out and took a few pics to demonstrate how surrounded both sides of the bridge are. Will try to post them. I hadn't even THOUGHT about the fact that someone must have missed the safe boxes in the home. Just don't know what to think of all of that, as it appears Mr Stern did not know of the withdrawals so if the house was not compromised in any way, may not have even considered looking at them. There would be loads of evidence if she was killed in her home. I don't think it happened there?
Thank you for the first hand account of the bridge's visibility. This is what I was trying to get at above with choosing to bury the 2 safe deposit boxes in 2 different parks. Were they at the park to dispose of SS? I can see needing help if you are digging, but I'm not convinced LM would've need PT to help throw her from the bridge. But he would've needed a ride. IMO, taking her car to the bridge was to make it appear that she had jumped, so searches would be limited to that area. But the family would have to notice the safety deposit boxes were missing from the home, thus indicating some sort of foul play. The time line below says that SS was last seen at her home there afternoon of 12-2, I believe that's also around the time her father lost contact with her. If something happened that afternoon, it opens the window much wider for where they could've taken SS before returning to stage her car late that evening. JMO

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/02/timeline_of_the_disappearance_and_killing_of_sarah.html

A former classmate charged in connection with the death of Sarah Stern hid her body in the bushes of her home and returned to the crime scene at least twice before helping toss her body off a bridge in Belmar, prosecutors disclosed in court on Tuesday.

Wow.
OK I'm not getting this whole buried safe stuff. Why her clothes? Why 2 different places? Why the cash? Why AT ALL?

This makes no sense to me. We ate missing a huge chunk of the puzzle Imo

How did they know they had so much time to go back for phones etc? Youth ignorance? How did he lose his phone in the first place...

This story is bonkers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've been thinking they had to be in two cars and dropped hers and left in the other.
They may have been driving around for hours waiting for a moment when there was no one in sight to drop her. If one boy is driving and the other is in the back with the body, they can stop jump out and heave very quickly. Sarah was not a big person and both boys appear to be pretty athletic. I wouldn't be surprised if stopping and heaving the body over the bridge took no more than maybe 15 seconds if they had planned out how they were going to do it.

Frankly, I don't know if the whole truth will ever come out about what was going through their minds that night, but this seems to me to be a situation where at least LM might have been high on meth or coke or some stimulant or possibly blackout drunk and looking for money for more. Their (mostly his) actions don't seem to make any sense at all in any rational way, and my guess is that he was acting irrationally due to some sort of drug stupor. That's not meant to excuse it in any way, he still deserves murder 1 regardless of his mental state, but just what seems like the most plausible motive (to me).

OK I'm not getting this while buried safe stuff. Why her clothes? Why 2 different places? Why the cash? Why AT ALL?

How did they know they had so much time to go back for phones etc? Youth ignorance? How did he lose his phone in the first place...

This story is bonkers.

Sounds like 'meth' behavior, to me.

I also don't get the call from the bank Liam made. When he says "I'm at the bank I'm going to do it tonight"
Was he with her at the bank ? Was she taking the money or to loan him? If not why was she doing that as her father said no trips or purchases were planned for such a large sum of money

So was SS a user too in that scenario ?

I don't think so. I think the guys might have been. The scattered, frenetic way they carried out this plot---the way they planned and fantasized about it---the sloppy way they executed it. The risky stupid things they did. And the greedy motive itself---all of it smells like meth induced behavior.

First post, if I do something wrong just let me know -

Okay, the dynamics of this group confuse me sooo much

(modsnip)

In this video, the prosecutor says Taylor has admitted to what happened

http://www.app.com/story/news/crime...07/preston-taylor-detention-hearing/97587946/

Bauman issued the ruling after Taylor's father, Jeremiah, testified that he and his wife removed their son's clothing from the apartment he shared with McAtasney and took it to his family's home to launder it.

Jeremiah Taylor also testified that he found evidence at the apartment that his son smoked marijuana, but he did not bring that information to police.

After the hearing, Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni would not comment on whether the washing of Preston Taylor's clothes may have destroyed evidence, or whether his parents could be charged with a crime.

Taylor also gave a prior statement to police in December, while the search for the missing woman was underway, in which he denied knowledge of what happened to her, Doyle said.

Even his parents involved.

Not sure if this is a different article than the one above, or it is updated, but this is new

Bauman said he was more concerned that Taylor had told investigators in December that he didn't know anything about Stern's disappearance but then confessed in a second statement on Feb. 1. On that day, he led investigators to two buried safes at Sandy Hook and Shark River Park, one containing cash and one containing pieces of Stern's clothing, the judge said.

Prosecutors sought for Taylor to remain in jail because they said he posed a threat to a witness, who went to police with suspicions about his friends, McAtasney and Taylor.

In a recorded conversation between McAtansey and the witness, McAtasney told the witness that he would do everything possible to keep Taylor from finding out that he had gone to police because Taylor would be upset if he found out, Bauman said

But Taylor's attorney, John Perrone, said the witness felt pressured from McAtasney, not from his client. Perrone claimed Taylor tried to talk McAtasney out of the killing, but Doyle said investigators have no evidence of that.

OK I'm not getting this whole buried safe stuff. Why her clothes? Why 2 different places? Why the cash? Why AT ALL?

This story is bonkers.

I could see burying the safe and then coming back for the money once all the police activity died down. The boys obviously didnt think anyone would think it was them. If the boys showed up with tons o money that no one could account for - it would be suspicious.

So his father's in trouble now for helping to cover it up. And a witness came forward.

This is all so bad. :(

On CBS, they just said Taylor has a prior marijuana violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper