GUILTY NM - Albuquerque, UID child buried at playground, May'09 - Tyruss Toribio

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope this is not connected, but another poster mentioned it on James' thread so I thought I would also mention it here. There is an AMBER Alert in North Carolina right now for a 3 year old boy, James Harris. It is quite a distance, but you never know...

UID reported 3'2" - James reported 3'0" (ETA: Possibly 4'0" instead. Discrepancies among posters.)
UID reported 38 lbs - James reported 40 lbs
UID short dark hair - James short black hair
UID Hispanic / Native American - James is Black (somewhat light skinned)
Clothing descriptions do not match, but James has been gone for nearly a week

Praying that it is not him. A sketch of the UID child would help a lot.

I thought about that too. It is kind of a long shot (just because of the distance) but who knows.

Statesville, NC, and Albuquerque, NM, are both located right on I-40 -- a straight shot through.

Thanks, Kaylynn!
Here's an updated comparison:
JamesharrisUID-1.jpg

James Harris from father's Facebook account:
JamesHarrisSrJamesHarrisJr2.jpg

Wow... they do look similar!

How far is Alvarado Park from the Interstate Hwy (I-40)?

*Edit*

The park is located within 500 ft of the Interstate
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=albuq...zvAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=5

It would be quite a coincidence if this was not James Harris. Everything in the physical description matches virtually to a tee, the photos are eerily similar, the two cities (Statesville, NC and Albuquerque, NM) are directly connected by I-40 and this child's body was found in a park that is within 500 feet of I-40.

It seems increasingly probable that the child does not live in the area as no missing child report or even leads have surfaced. Again, more evidence this may be James Harris.

According to Google Earth... Statesville, NC is approximately 1,600 miles and approximately 24 hours (driving time) from Albuquerque, NM.

The Amber Alert was issued on Monday May 11, 2009... body found on Friday May 15th, 2009 and was there less than 48 hours. The timeline matches perfectly.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5127986/ (James Harris Amber Alert story)
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/19/nm.buried.boy/

I know we've all been comparing James to this UID boy. Has anyone here made a call to the detectives to see if they've looked into it? I'm sure they've already considered it and checked, but I would hate for it to be James and we're just sitting on that info...

I agree.

Someone should alert the authorities of this possibility.

They look so alike, poor dear little boy, life seems so unfair. My little boy died and I would have loved him so much yet this little one has been dumped.
Making me want to cry:mad:
Why was that boy not cherished?
I hope that his grandmother and the family who love him can get some closure, my love to them all:blowkiss:

Forgive me guys, but I don't see the match. The ears are all wrong and the hair is much more of a white/hispanic texture. Perhaps if this is simply a sketch okay, but if it is a retouched photo of the poor little boy then I am in the its not James camp. Lets pray that someone can identify him and find James.....

Admittedly there are dissimilarities between these two boys, but there are enough similarities to alert the authorities. In our transient society, anyone can be anywhere is a very short period of time.

Forgive me guys, but I don't see the match. The ears are all wrong and the hair is much more of a white/hispanic texture. Perhaps if this is simply a sketch okay, but if it is a retouched photo of the poor little boy then I am in the its not James camp. Lets pray that someone can identify him and find James.....

Initially, I thought the same thing... but as far as I can tell... it's a sketch (based on available information). Therefore, all the features are somewhat of an interpretation. For instance... look at the shirt in the 'sketch' I highly doubt a shirt that's been buried in hot sand for 48 hours would look that pristine. Therefore, I took the condition of the shirt and applied it to the rest of the 'sketch'... if you catch my drift.

Considering that... IMO, it looks like a possible match and could definitely be the missing boy from NC.

Admittedly there are dissimilarities between these two boys, but there are enough similarities to alert the authorities. In our transient society, anyone can be anywhere is a very short period of time.

I strongly agree.

Does anyone have the contact info for the detective(s)? If anyone's made contact with the investigator, please leave a post.

To address your second point... I agree. The timeline fits perfectly if the mom hopped on I-40 in Statesville (which I-40 goes directly through) and headed west as quickly as possible. She could have easily been in Albuquerque within 24 hours. That would have been on Wednesday, May 13th (assuming it was late afternoon on Monday when the little guy was abducted).

The little boy in the park was placed there sometime between Wednesday, May 13th and Thursday the 14th... and found on Friday the 15th. Again, the timeline fits perfectly. It's also interesting that the UID little boy was found in a park less than 500 feet from I-40.

I agree with the uncanny resemblance... I focused on the eyebrows and to me they do not match. This is just my opinion I am in no way an expert.... These poor children....

I think it's important to know if LE has ruled James out or not. I was stunned at how many points are alike and how few are not alike between these two boys.

I have both of these young men in my heart.

I agree with the uncanny resemblance... I focused on the eyebrows and to me they do not match. This is just my opinion I am in no way an expert.... These poor children....

An uncanny resemblance would imply that the two boys looked 'eerily similar'.

It seems you believe just the opposite... in that they don't resemble one another.

Am I interpreting you post correctly?

I found an email for the ME office handling the New Mexico case and sent him the information on James, along with his picture and case information.

From NAMUS, here are the actual pictures of the shirt and shoes:

shirt.jpg shoes.jpg

Okay, now I think it's James too. I found this picture on what I'm assuming is Jame's fathers facebook...he was on the mother's facebook as a friend. It's so small and but I think James does look like the child who was found.
s1624362469_6534.jpg

Okay, now I think it's James too. I found this picture on what I'm assuming is Jame's fathers facebook...he was on the mother's facebook as a friend. It's so small and but I think James does look like the child who was found.
s1624362469_6534.jpg

How can you tell? That photo is tiny.

"A man named Lazaro says he saw a young boy in his nearby shop.
Albuquerque Police Department detectives were at the park asking Lazaro what he remembers about the boy.
He said he recognized the monster truck shirt the victim was found wearing.
Lazaro also said he saw the boy with a man that acted like the boy’s father.
Police will be checking surveillance video at Lazaro’s store.

. . . Police are hoping to release another computer-generated photo of the boy later Wednesday.
That one will show the boy’s entire body, complete with the clothing he was wearing."
http://www.counton2.com/cbd/news/na...osite_of_boy_buried_in_playground_sand/25128/

I read that DNA tests are being done on the carseat found in nearby Hyder Park. I still think it's possible this seat was used to transport the boy in a car, especially if he was taken by someone who didn't usually transport him and didn't have the proper size carseat. The perpetrator might have used his old baby seat.

Most infant carseats (the type with a handle that transform into a carrier) only fit children up to 25 pounds, but if this boy was only 38 pounds the perpetrator might have put him in the carseat because it's all he or she had to restrain him in the car and because a child that age without any carseat could attract attention from other motorists.

It's also possible he was already dead during the car ride and covered with the jacket to look like he was sleeping. :(

Modern carseats are stamped with an "expiration date" within five years of the date of manufacture, and if the date has passed or will pass soon it would seem more likely that this was his carseat vs. a date five years from now, which would indicate the carseat is practically new.

I can't remember who it was that mentioned the texture of the child's hair. If you look at the picture of little James, his hair is straighter and not curly like you commonly associate with african american children. I am praying that this is not him and he is safe somewhere, but I think that it could very well be James.

How can you tell? That photo is tiny.
I blew it up a little and it's very blurry but the face shape is the same and James appears to be a little chubbier in this pic. It was taken in Dec 08 if I'm reading the properties correctly.
JamesHarrisSrJamesHarrisJr2.jpg

momtective I uploaded that picture to photoshop and couldn't make it any more clear either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back