GUILTY NM - Omaree Varela, 9, called 911 before dying of abuse, Albuquerque, 27 Dec 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Court Chatter View
Stephen Casaus Trial Day 5 Part 1 09/09/15
[video=youtu;LSQhTt9UiOg]http://youtu.be/LSQhTt9UiOg[/video]

I think I've posted all of the missing videos posted by so far by @CourtChatterLiv - if I've missed any, please let me know! #JusticeForOmaree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Court Chatter View
Stephen Casaus Trial Day 5 Part 1 09/09/15
[video=youtu;LSQhTt9UiOg]http://youtu.be/LSQhTt9UiOg[/video]

I think I've posted all of the missing videos posted by so far by @CourtChatterLiv - if I've missed any, please let me know! #JusticeForOmaree

Wow! kimi! :blowkiss: You continue to amaze me! :star1: Thanks so much for giving us the videos! Now I am totally caught up with today's events.

This has been a very painful trial to watch. I am praying for the jury to find Justice for Omaree.:tears:

Thank you Kimi for your endless dedication. <3

Disgusted - but sadly, not at all surprised at this latest turn if events. Counting on the Prosecutors Office to present a solid case against this sorry excuse for a mother, that will leave no shadow of a doubt once the adjudication process is complete.

She used her son as a pawn. Make no mistake about it. Omaree would be alive today had he been allowed to remain away from her.

He is no longer here to speak for himself. Thank you HauntsForHope for faithfully updating his thread. I look forward to the day when we finally receive word that #JusticeForOmaree has been delivered.

:rose:

I am closely watching and waiting for the verdict. Its been a long time coming... :jail:

It's going to be a long and restless night :waiting: for Court to reconvene tomorrow morning. Do we know if deliberations are scheduled to continue on Friday (barring any unforeseen delays)?

I can only imagine how difficult this has been for the jurors. I know I'd be physically :sick: after sitting through the evidence and listening to the dt's attempts at defending the State's Case-in-Chief! :moo:

The closing arguments almost left me completely unglued! It's hard not to have an extremely negative opinion of the female defense counsel after all of this. I know she's "just doing her job" but how she manages to sleep at night is truly beyond me.

Little N will forever be an absolute hero in my eyes and heart. I completely agree with the DA. Once she was assured she was truly safe, she told the truth. It was Omaree's truth, and she was his voice just as much as her own.

Listening to the audio of the lapel cam, I can almost hear echoes of Little S saying "Bam, bam!" in the background. My mind's eye wonders if it was his own way of verbalizing any violence he may have seen that fateful day. We may never know the true horrors the children experienced at the hands of the "parents" in the house on Comanche.

I will always believe Omaree's injuries, and his heinous death painted the clearest picture, in a way that never should have happened.

The :justice: that he deserves will never be enough. May this Jury at least be allowed to deliver the MAX!

#JusticeForOmaree

Haley Rush &#8207;@krqehaley 6m6 minutes ago A juror is sick. No deliberations today in #CasausTrial. Judge hopes to resume tomorrow morning.

Thank you @jacct. For whatever reason, your post wasn't visible (to me) when I was online last night :blushing: ).

I didn't sleep much at all. :scared: I was up at 0400. :sigh:

I will be pacing/climbing the walls and trying not to :pullhair: as I wait to here official word that the Jury is back in deliberations. :please:

I wonder if this Judge (who I like quite a bit), would allow (a) them to work late (and or (b) continue into the weekend)? :thinking:

#PrayersUp for #JusticeForOmaree!
:praying:
:candle:

What can be taking them so long??? Worrisome. (I always over-worry at verdict time. But sometimes it's valid -- few, thank goodness.) Justice for the little boy who screamed "Help me," but only whispers came out of him. No one listened. And then he was gone, in silence and in pain.

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter [video=twitter;642442215306985472]https://twitter.com/courtchatter/status/642442215306985472[/video]

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter · 5m5 minutes ago
Jury deliberated approx 11 hours. We weren't told about stopping for lunch/breaks.

Lysée Mitri &#8207;@lmitri_krqe · 49s50 seconds ago
Courtroom is full but still waiting on judge and jury.

My kids are watching with me. They don't know why Causaus is in court, but I want them to see the courtroom in action especially because it's local.

Lysée Mitri &#8207;@lmitri_krqe · 37s37 seconds ago
Judge Stan Whitaker is in the courtroom.

NOT GUILTY - Count 1: Child Abuse (Intentionally Caused resulting in death)

GUILTY - Count 2: Child Abuse (With reckless regard resulting in death)

NOT GUILTY - Count 3: Child Abuse (Intentionally Caused no death or great bodily harm) Burn on the chest

NOT GUILTY - Count 4: Tampering with Evidence - Cleaned Omaree and/or cleaned the home with the intent to prevent apprehension, prosecution or conviction

GUILTY - Count 5: Bribery Of A Witness - (Threats or Bribes - Threats or Bribes/Reporting) - Defendant did intimidate or threaten with the intent to keep N.V. (little sister) from truthfully reporting to officer or any agency what had happened

GUILTY - Count 6: Bribery Of A Witness - (Threats or Bribes - Threats or Bribes/Reporting) - Defendant did intimidate or threaten with the intent to keep E.V. (little brother) from truthfully reporting to officer or any agency what had happened.

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago #CasausTrial - NOT GUILTY on the most serious Count 1.

This doesn't surprise me. There was really no evidence other than the 5 yo witness, and mom's admission that she kicked Omaree. At least they found him guilty of the other charges.

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago #CasausTrial - NOT GUILTY on the most serious Count 1.

This doesn't surprise me. There was really no evidence other than the 5 yo witness, and mom's admission that she kicked Omaree. At least they found him guilty of the other charges.

Agreed. At least there will be some punishment for what went on in that house of horrors. So does this mean he DOES get a life sentence?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weskerwife
Back